World Cup T20 2009.

Who do you think will be the semi-finalists?

• Australia

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • England

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • India

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Souh Africa

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • West Indies

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Guys, the defeat was due to many things. Shoddy fielding, mis-management of bowlers (not using RP Singh's full overs), Jadeja's inability to perform in the middle, Dhoni's mistake of not sending Yuvraj Singh up the batting order and inability of Dhoni and Co to achieve the target despite having 5 wickets in the hand.

You can all put this down to lack of team work and captaincy skills on the given day. Well, in the end its just a game. Accept the defeat, introspect reasons for the failure and move on to other matches.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
That 5 wides off the last ball may have cost us the match!

johnee

Whats wrong in thinking that they think they have the capability to come of of tight situations?
The Aussies for years did it and always had always had the belief in them to do it. Thats how great teams think. Sometimes they falter. Remember the Aussies have once lost to the Bangladeshis. Didnt make them any less of a team did it?
Our exit from this tournament also resembled how Aussie exited in the first round. The team refused to face the reality that they are not playing good cricket and have to pull up their socks. They kept thinking that it is one of those 'off days'. Aussies did the same, and they were out in the first round. We would have suffered the same fate but for the easy group that we were placed in the first round. Time to stop giving this utterly meaningless excuse of having a bad day. The team didnt have a bad day, they had bad tournament. The only good win they secured was against Paks in warmup match. The team looked all charged up against the Paks(and I am not saying this becoz they won the game).
We lacked intensity and passion. Aussies committed the same mistake. England won in the games that they showed some intensity. WI won against us becoz they all seemed charged up. Their win against Aussie was a fluke. We would have nearly lost to BD, if Yuvraj had not scored a quickfire 50plus.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Whats wrong in thinking that they think they have the capability to come of of tight situations?
The Aussies for years did it and always had always had the belief in them to do it. Thats how great teams think. Sometimes they falter. Remember the Aussies have once lost to the Bangladeshis. Didnt make them any less of a team did it?
You are right. What I meant was that there seemed to be a complacency rather than self belief.

Self belief would mean stepping up and taking responsibility on your shoulders, complacency would mean hoping someone else would do the job.

No one could really step up yesterday when we needed that. But then, may be it was just a bad day.

johnee

That 5 wides off the last ball may have cost us the match!
or those 10 extra balls that Jadeja wasted.....:blum3:

The bottomline team failed to chase a mere 150 odd. Dhoni is not able to hit the big ones. Yuvraj should have come up the order.....

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
or those 10 extra balls that Jadeja wasted.....:blum3:

The bottomline team failed to chase a mere 150 odd. Dhoni is not able to hit the big ones. Yuvraj should have come up the order.....
I am not too sure about this one, though it looks good in retrospect.

He is a good finisher and may be its good to have him towards the end to finish the game for us.

The openers and Jadeja did so much damage in the initial overs that this is even becoming an issue.

ZOOM

Founding Member
I am not saying that your analysis is incorrect. The point is that the captain has to take some decisions on the field that may seem "against the wisdom" from outside. They click at times, at times they don't.

Cricket captaincy is till an art, not an exact science. You can't feed some formula in a computer and make it the best captain ever. Point is we have chosen Dhoni as our captain, he has given us many successes. Just one failure and now we are saying that he doesn't know how to lead the team!
Mate, I am not saying that Dhoni should not possess an art of taking a kind of decision which is out of the world and beyond anybody's thinking. All I am saying is that, even if he had followed some basics then only we may not be in such a mess. Since, when English batsmans both Bopara and Kevin were playing, they were scoring a run at nearly 6 Runs an over, after the completion of Six overs and absence of fielding restriction thereafter, Dhoni brought in someone like Yuvraj which was absolutly unnecessary at that point of time. Since you can only take the help of your part time spinners only when your key bowlers are taking a immense beating and hence use of part time spinners becomes advisable only in a selective circumstances.

But Dhoni rather then continouing R P singh or bringing in his regular bowler like Harabhjan or Ravindra Jadeja, Dhoni played a gamble of bringing in Yuvraj who proved to be very expensive and gave away 20 Runs in just two overs which proved to be enough to give some much needed momentum for English inning which was at once striding at nearly 6 runs an over.

Moral of my saying is that, on crucial encounters, when odds are in your favour, you should not go and show your heroism, rather stick to your basics.

luckyy

other aspect was , batting is indian strong side , unfortunatly india has to play both their importent games at non-batting friendly pitch of lords..

i am sure in batting will click against SA at Trent Bridge , no matter it's too late now..

Pintu

BCCI stands by Team India - Top T20 World Cup Stories - News - Cricket on Times of India

BCCI stands by Team India

15 Jun 2009, 1337 hrs IST, TIMESOFINDIA.COM

NEW DELHI: A day after India crashed out of T20 World Cup, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BBCI) came out in support of Team India and skipper MS Dhoni.

While talking to reporters, BCCI's media and finance committee chairman Rajiv Shukla said though it is a big loss yet all is not lost.

The team should now concentrate on the future events, Shukla said. "We must concentrate on the upcoming West Indies series," he added.

He also referred to Sehwag injury. "Sehwag not playing was a big loss," he said.

Shukla said that Dhoni is a great captain and that the team possessed the ability of bouncing back.

Dhoni on Monday apologised to fans after crashing out of the ICC Twenty20 championship but rejected suggestions that exhaustion from playing too many games caused the failure of his top batsmen.

"We are sorry for what happened but we can say we gave our best," Dhoni said after losing to England by three wickets before thousands of Indian supporters at Lord's cricket ground in London.

"We had experienced guys who can handle the pressure. It was a day when nothing much worked for us."

The Indian media slammed Team India’s performance and said the close margin of defeat did not reflect how poorly the Indians played.

Pintu

Srinath blames Dhoni for India's exit from World T20*-*Top T20 World Cup Stories*-*News*-*- Twenty 20 World Cup - Cricket on Times of India

Srinath blames Dhoni for India's exit from World T20

15 Jun 2009, 1950 hrs IST, IANS

LONDON: Former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath blamed skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni's poor handling of the media as the main reason behind the defending champions' early exit from the World Twenty20.

Srinath, who is an International Cricket Council (ICC) Match Refree, believes it was Dhoni's poor response to the media on his deputy Virender Sehwag's injury that unsettled his team.

Sehwag was included in the squad but did not play a single game because of a shoulder injury, prompting media speculation of a rift - something which clearly irked Dhoni.

"I think the row between Dhoni and the media was unnecessary and I hope Dhoni manages the fallout of the early exit better," Srinath was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.

"This team has been fantastic in the last couple of years and they should have won this tournament for sure."

Srinath is baffled with India's performance as after all they were prepared well for the tournament.

"I really believe the build-up and the way they played their warm-up games and the first two matches of the tournament was perfect," he said.

"Since winning the tournament in 2007, this team hasn't done anything wrong in the last couple of years to suggest they would not win this one as well."

"Considering their build-up here, I think they had everything going for them, the momentum and impetus was there. Perhaps the team got it all wrong with the batting strategy and the way they played the short ball," he said.

NikSha

Hey guys, we lost. SURPRISE!!

(OK I was totally not interested in any match, just wanted to post.)

luckyy

Hey guys, we lost. SURPRISE!!

(OK I was totally not interested in any match, just wanted to post.)
the main surprise was that dhoni was playing with three pacers on a spining track...

johnee

scored 118 in 120 balls. And this is supposed to be fastest form of cricket!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles