Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag

Thats the great news........

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
That's interesting fact. But it is a much less publicized reality that most of the Western world (even Africa since it is west to us) is gradually reverting to eastern spirituality and ways of Dharma. It is quite a common sight for me to see lot of Westerners from Europe, Russia etc coming to worship at our Buddhist temples here in Sikkim as well as visit other temples and adopt our ways of life. Dharma rocks!

bhramos

Country flag
Hinduism is the oldest religion of this world and is all about liberty and freedom to carve one's own path to divine.It has no concept of apostasy or blasphemy or even conversion! But even without any push towards conversion it is winning hearts and minds of people all over the world by it's teaching,love and philosophy alone.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
WoW I never Knew There were African Hindus, though I have read somewhere Vedas and Purans talk about Hinduism in Africa and Arabia :)

venkat

i don't know about Africa,but many Hindus around me have converted to Christianity and are fanatic Christians with Hindu names for enjoying SC/ST benefits!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I thought one has to be born a Hindu.

But then, as they say, more the merrier.

Iskon makes things lively!

I find it humorous to see packaged Hinduism with crass commercial appendages!

In fact, the other day, I was behind one of their trucks carrying knick-knacks to be sold I presume. Nice blaring kirtans and things like that, so much so, I nearly jumped a red light!

And the little white chaps in saffron robes, with bald pates, and a small tikki ( a wee bit of hair which Brahmins have). Good to see ex beef eating chaps masquerading as Brahmins!

Or is that small tuft of hair on a bald pate universal for all?

Last edited:

maomao

Country flag
i don't know about Africa,but many Hindus around me have converted to Christianity and are fanatic Christians with Hindu names for enjoying SC/ST benefits!!!
That is true and even such phenomenon has a saturation point as Evangelists are more and more coming under scanner (Read: terrorism in NE, Baptist Church of Nagaland, Support to Maoists), people may convert and become fanatic but for how long?

SHASH2K2

I thought one has to be born a Hindu.

But then, as they say, more the merrier.

Iskon makes things lively!

I find it humorous to see packaged Hinduism with crass commercial appendages!

In fact, the other day, I was behind one of their trucks carrying knick-knacks to be sold I presume. Nice blaring kirtans and things like that, so much so, I nearly jumped a red light!
Ray sir as per sacred texts you become hindu by karma not by janma .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
, I nearly jumped a red light!
Kolkata sergeants as they are called there were once upon a time called chavannis i think. Wonder how much would you have had to pay if you did jump and got caught?

divya

WoW I never Knew There were African Hindus, though I have read somewhere Vedas and Purans talk about Hinduism in Africa and Arabia :)
i dont think so that there was hinduism in arabia but that was some other pagan religons where they worshipped moon and sun. but yes there is mention of arabia in vedas. i extactly forgot the name. it was something like "land of horses" ashwa.....something something....

maomao

Country flag
i dont think so that there was hinduism in arabia but that was some other pagan religons where they worshipped moon and sun. but yes there is mention of arabia in vedas. i extactly forgot the name. it was something like "land of horses" ashwa.....something something....
Hinduism did exist in Arabia, we have had great trade relations with Arabia in the past, all our Black stone Idols of gods were made with Arabian Stone, many Brahmins were employed in Arabia to manage temples there, even Vikramditya is supposed to have great influence on Arabia as a ruler!! There is a sun Temple in Egypt, still intact (hope so its still there). Remains of Hindu temples are found till Poland and Russia, where Brahma was worshiped as Patron God! Hinduism had a global reach trough intraction and trade, forgot to mention Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia were also professing Hinduism once!

neo29

As long as Christian Missionaries exists all over the world i dont think any other religion can gain dominance.

divya

Ray sir as per sacred texts you become hindu by karma not by janma .
i dont think so. hinduism treats everyone as hindu(which itself is just a word for the religon which we follow. there is no exact word to define that). there were certain duties which we as humans were assigned to like performance of yajna. even the evil forces which were against these yagyas still continued to be hindus like rakchasas...

smartindian

Country flag
i dont think so. hinduism treats everyone as hindu(which itself is just a word for the religon which we follow. there is no exact word to define that). there were certain duties which we as humans were assigned to like performance of yajna. even the evil forces which were against these yagyas still continued to be hindus like rakchasas...
who told you rakchasa where hindu's, or tell me who told you rakchasa where human beings, do you know what hinduism teaches?

divya

Hinduism did exist in Arabia, we have had great trade relations with Arabia in the past, all our Black stone Idols of gods were made with Arabian Stone, many Brahmins were employed in Arabia to manage temples there, even Vikramditya is supposed to have great influence on Arabia as a ruler!! There is a sun Temple in Egypt, still intact (hope so its still there). Remains of Hindu temples are found till Poland and Russia, where Brahma was worshiped as Patron God! Hinduism had a global reach trough intraction and trade, forgot to mention Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia were also professing Hinduism once!
Of course there were great trade relation with arabia and i also accept your vikramaditya part. but as far as ancient arabic religons are concerned that was not exactly hinduism because its very hard for anyone to exactly define hinduism as such because it is amalgation of beliefs and practises. I think this article will help you understand my point

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/31651/Arabian-religion/68308/Pre-Islamic-deities

SHASH2K2

a Hindu is an individual who accepts as authoritative the religious guidance of the Vedic scriptures, and who strives to live in accordance with Dharma, God's divine laws as revealed in the Vedic scriptures.​

Its all karma that makes you a Hindu . You can claim that someone is Hindu by birth but actually its karma that makes him hindu. If you fail to act like a hindu than you are not a hindu . As simple as that .

divya

who told you rakchasa where hindu's, or tell me who told you rakchasa where human beings, do you know what hinduism teaches?
Actually hindusism do not classify rakchas as humans and is considered as totally diffrent breed just like nagas, yaksh etc. There was nothing called hinduism back then. Hindusism is what we call it today just to diffrentiate it from other religons. Back then there was only one. The rakchas which you quote formed the part of the same religon (there is no proper translation of religon in sanskrit per se) as what in was followed by others. many rakchasas did not performed many duties which were assigned at the same time there were many which actually did the yagnas like ravana. So in ancient hinduism its very hard to call them non hindus as there was no concept of hinduism or non hinduism at all.

divya

a Hindu is an individual who accepts as authoritative the religious guidance of the Vedic scriptures, and who strives to live in accordance with Dharma, God's divine laws as revealed in the Vedic scriptures.​

Its all karma that makes you a Hindu . You can claim that someone is Hindu by birth but actually its karma that makes him hindu. If you fail to act like a hindu than you are not a hindu . As simple as that .
Actually that defination of hindusism falls in the correct context today when their are multiple religons but we cannot say that of ancient times when there was just one religon as per hinduism. each and everything including the daitya were evolved from the same being like daitya being the sons of aditi and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles