With Russian help, India to join ICBM big league soon

Adux

Country flag
My prediction, by 2015 India will stay at 8-9$ GDP growth with 3-4 % inflation while the USA will be at 3-4% GDP growth with 1-2 % inflation. Want to make a bet?
Rest of your post is spot on and explains it quite well, That said I would like to take up this above mentioned bet with you.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
OK Adux - but you have to give your own prediction too - what do you expect to see?

anandnec

Stop the bull ... I work in lower Manhattan.

The average American does not work any harder or is not more productive or competent than the average Indian who has received the same education and has the same infrastructure. Stop showing me GDP charts. I know how to use google and a mouse too.

Right now, Indians are outcompeting American firms. You can cushion yourself by saying cost and labor arbitrage. But thats changing at a pace so fast your cuckoo if you want to deny it.

Like I said, in terms of absolute GDP, India is 2 deacdes from going past the US. Relative wealth, yes 4 decades perhaps but its going to happen. Over n Out honey.

True man..

I work in Bangalore, it is very much improved than the 2000's.

And there are plans at the government desk to grow the economy.

Some of them have actually picked the pace.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
True man..

I work in Bangalore, it is very much improved than the 2000's.

And there are plans at the government desk to grow the economy.

Some of them have actually picked the pace.
I sure would like to know in what areas Bangalore has improved since 2000?
The only plan at the govt desk is to save their arses from Lokayukta. If we don't get any good governance soon, a lot of people will take their business out of Bangalore.

anandnec

I sure would like to know in what areas Bangalore has improved since 2000?
The only plan at the govt desk is to save their arses from Lokayukta. If we don't get any good governance soon, a lot of people will take their business out of Bangalore.
Check the Electronic city to silkboard road

Check the flyovers under construction in the outer ring road

Check the metro stations

Check the satellite bus stands

Check the new MG road after beautification

Have to look at the sarjapura region.....................:hail:

Check the skyline to come-up along Outer-Ring-Road :cowboy:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Correct.

Add to the above list, the NICE road, Tumkur road elevated expressway, Brigade gateway and other impressive buildings in the vicinity, the transformation of localities like BEL road, Koramangala, Indiranagar, BTM layout, and so on. 4-laning of Blr-Mys route. And there is the Devanahalli airport and the 6-lane highway leading to it (with the elevated road under construction). In fact, in 2000 we didn't even have an ORR - it was just being built.

Isn't that enough? :confused:

Of course, we should always expect more, and there are still lot of deficiencies, but there have been dramatic improvements.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Certainly no enough. Metro has cone 15 years too late when the city was crumbling and it still is. The elevated roads too have come late and under the threat of major players. I had a shop in Peenya. A nightmare to go there every day. What has happened was not because of the govt but because major industries threatened to pull out. Metro is a involvement of the union govt. Both the elevated roads are again National Highway projects and nothing to do with state govt.
Bangalore was at it's best in 70s abd 80s till about 95 I guess. Software industry has only brought sorrow to Bangalore.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I lived in Bangalore in 1995 for a month - first time. Next I lived there again in 1997-1999 for about year and a half. The changes were amazing and not much in the positive direction.
Last time I visited Bangalore in 2002, it looked like the city had gone mad! The streets were choking, the air was polluted and the constructions seemed to be mindless and going on forever!
The beautiful Bangalore that I had seen in 1995 was all gone, replaced by this monstrosities of steel towers, glass facades and ugly overpasses. I missed that beautiful city!

Adux

Country flag
OK Adux - but you have to give your own prediction too - what do you expect to see?
Inflation under 5% for both countries, not really? US with all those currency printing out of thin air!

Adux

Country flag
I lived in Bangalore in 1995 for a month - first time. Next I lived there again in 1997-1999 for about year and a half. The changes were amazing and not much in the positive direction.
Last time I visited Bangalore in 2002, it looked like the city had gone mad! The streets were choking, the air was polluted and the constructions seemed to be mindless and going on forever!
The beautiful Bangalore that I had seen in 1995 was all gone, replaced by this monstrosities of steel towers, glass facades and ugly overpasses. I missed that beautiful city!
hELLO hipie! ;)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
This thread though about ICBMs is like an UNGUIDED MISSILE

From Missile to GDP based on PPP methods ,Obama , tomatoes , Bangalore traffic and skylines
it has travelled quite a bit :lol:
One could devise an algorithm to have a thread shut itself down when it goes too far off the subject.

anandnec

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If the payload is decreased then AGNI 5 is an ICBM. So, we don't require anyone's help to build an ICBM. In the case BRAHMOS also we have been given the technology because it is under the 300 km range. This is due to MTCR.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
MTCR is 300km range and not 700. Please don't get vague logics here. Range will not increase dramatically to go ICBM. all this talk of reducing payload to increase range is BS. it will increase only a little bit but not dramatically.

My car gives me 15/ltr with 5 passengers, will it give me 50/ltr if I drive alone?

pankaj nema

Country flag
For those who think that MTCR is a big deal I want to say that

MTCR is just a REGIME It is Not a binding and enforceable treaty like NPT

Hell with MTCR

Russia can always do so some " mentoring " or give us some come " consultancy" in return for a heavy fees
of course or maybe we can buy some more weapons

Our N submarine is the result of extensive consultations with Russians

American too are providing help to Taiwan and South Korea with their missiles
because both Taiwan and South Korea need to ramp up their indigenious production of missiles very soon

And in the past too when Agni 2 was stuck up ; APJ Abdul KAlam ; when he was DRDO chief
was himself involved in taking Russian guidance

MTCR ? DUH !!!

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
My car gives me 15/ltr with 5 passengers, will it give me 50/ltr if I drive alone?
what if i am not in my car how much ltr will it take.............???

it appears over the years this argument has been given to shut off those who wanted ICBM for India if you see DRDO has never said this, yeah having less weight is an advantage but it does not stretch that range limit to much.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Certainly no enough. Metro has cone 15 years too late when the city was crumbling and it still is. The elevated roads too have come late and under the threat of major players. I had a shop in Peenya. A nightmare to go there every day. What has happened was not because of the govt but because major industries threatened to pull out. Metro is a involvement of the union govt. Both the elevated roads are again National Highway projects and nothing to do with state govt.
Bangalore was at it's best in 70s abd 80s till about 95 I guess. Software industry has only brought sorrow to Bangalore.
Yusuf, how about moving the Bangalore related posts to a new thread - something like "DFI Bangalore" or something...

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
MTCR is 300km range and not 700. Please don't get vague logics here. Range will not increase dramatically to go ICBM. all this talk of reducing payload to increase range is BS. it will increase only a little bit but not dramatically.

Sorry yusuf bhai, I was not sure about it. I will change that post.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles