Will Pakistan Survive- Tarek Fatah- Bilatakalluf with Tahir Gor

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
He is not as versatile as Hassan Nisar but more forthcoming on religious matters.
Probably his residence being in Canada (far off from Pakistan) helps in gathering the courage :heh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Will Pakistan survive

Must watch interview of Tarek Fatah

[video=youtube_share;IjR-vpjGLSA]http://youtu.be/IjR-vpjGLSA[/video]

gokussj9

Country flag
Re: Will Pakistan survive

@Yusuf, already posted by me.
Can you merge the threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Some key points from the interview,

1. Two Nation theory is a big failure and responsible for the all the mess that is Pakistan today.

2. Imran Khan is a Fascist.

3. Mushy should be tried for treason for overthrowing a legally elected government.

4. ANP losing out in K-P will be a big blow to Pakistan. already selectively senior leaders of ANP and their families are being targeted by the Taliban.

5. Creation of Pakistan was an ANglo-American enterprise to keep out the Russians from the area, as Congress Party had very stated that they would not welcome the presence of British troops post independence.--- This is a startling analysis and needs to be corroborated from other sources also, but very logical and plausible.

Would love to hear and read more about this Gentleman.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^Funnily Tarek Fatah is actually a Christian.

Though point #2 is that he is more loyal than the king...aka he supports marginalization of ethnic minorities in the name of upholding "Canadian culture". That's beyond being a liberal extremist, that's being a Libtard.

sob

Mod
Country flag
^^Funnily Tarek Fatah is actually a Christian.

Though point #2 is that he is more loyal than the king...aka he supports marginalization of ethnic minorities in the name of upholding "Canadian culture". That's beyond being a liberal extremist, that's being a Libtard.
I did not get this part from the interview. As per Tarek Fatah , the Pakistani immigrant population can celebrate Pakistan Day in their houses by hoisting the Pakistani Flag but for a country that is at odds with all things Canadian using a Canadian Government building for hoisting their flag is not acceptable. He further elaborates that for friendly countries like US, UK, France and for countries like India which share democratic values with the Canadians he has no problem with their respective flags being hoisted.

I particularly like his statement, even after staying 40 years in a democracy like Canada, the immigrant Pakistani population has not imbibed the lessons of democracy. When Mushy carried out his coup, scores of these immigrant Pakistanis rushed to Pakistan to congratulate him for his illegal and treasonous act of overthrowing a democratically elected Government.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
He sounds sane mostly, goes over the top on a few occasions though.
But I can tolerate him as long as he's not overreaching his knowledge and prespective while commenting on Indian affairs.
Reading online about Indian affairs from the other end of the world doesn't warrant him to comment like an expert. Specially when he has never visited India.
He has said some things on Indian affairs that any Indian won't put in his good books. :dude:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
5. Creation of Pakistan was an ANglo-American enterprise to keep out the Russians from the area, as Congress Party had very stated that they would not welcome the presence of British troops post independence.--- This is a startling analysis and needs to be corroborated from other sources also, but very logical and plausible.
This is a known fact discussed many times in many places.

tramp

Great interview... and he makes no bones of what he thinks about Pakistan. What I liked best is that after 1971, the country no longer was Pakistan. Its some other country which is being called Pakistan.
Another very valid point he raised is once Americans withdraw from Kabul there is a great chance of Pakistan losing Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa to Taliban. That is my reading also.

tramp

This is a known fact discussed many times in many places.
That is why I have respect for the Indian leadership including Nehru and Patel. They kept out the British successfully, while the US garrisoned Pakistan in no time. The Indian leadership of that time also focused on institution building which has stood the country in good stead.

Sindhifreedomfighter

guys, read tarek fateh's book titled "Chasing the Mirage" . its really good work about pakistanis and muslims chasing an illusion of islamic caliphate..

Sindhifreedomfighter

what tarek fateh has said, had already been told in detail by our great leader and founding father of sindhi nationalism, G.M Sayed. He wrote about 50 books on Sindhudesh, Pakistan and Religion, what became ideology of sindhudesh. For his book "Religion & Reality" , g.m sayed was awarded with a death penalty by the pakistani court of law terming the book as blasphemous literature

Prometheus

i don't know how to share pdf files here? any one help pls
click on Go Advance, at the bottom of the page next to post quickly button ....
then use the wrap in PDF button option and post the link

or you could use the BB CODE "(PDF) paste link here (/PDF)"
(in square or big bracket [ ] )

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I particularly like his statement, even after staying 40 years in a democracy like Canada, the immigrant Pakistani population has not imbibed the lessons of democracy. When Mushy carried out his coup, scores of these immigrant Pakistanis rushed to Pakistan to congratulate him for his illegal and treasonous act of overthrowing a democratically elected Government.
I think it's got more to do with a situation where Pakistan continues to continuously find itself in a hopeless situation, and anyone who can provide that glimmer of hope, they will cling on to that. If you look at it, what is IK giving to Pakistan? A little hope. Rhetorically he is striking the right cord, of what the average guy in Pakistan wishes to listen to, though he doesn't have much of a track record to show off for his credentials.

It's a desperate situation really for these guys, and has been pretty much so at least since '71, well since '47 in a way.

If we go back in history, when ZAB phenomenon happened, it was again largely based of rhetoric, and that little glimmer of hope, so was it with Zia, followed by Benazir, and Nawaz to be followed by Musharraf, and now, at least for the rather limited middle class of Pakistan, IK.

@topic, I find Tarek Fatah a little characterised like a fanboy, I have followed him in more discussions, and when one starts to probe him further, he comes across as someone who has not thought his arguments well enough, someone like a Najam Sethi comes across a lot more convincing who can present two sides of an argument.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles