Will Indonesia Replace India in the BRICs

venkat

ajtr, i remember that you have been banned for posting anti india material in the past!!!! you are a paki woman with field marshal rank at the time of ban....mods correct me if i am wrong.

butenzoorg

Hello guys...

I'm Indonesian, and I registered here only to comment to some guys here who think that Indonesia is a most backward country in Asia :)...

Hmmm, I want to share with you, who say that Indonesia doesn't have Research Institute and some other things...

If you don't know about Indonesia, please consider to visit Indonesia... :)

FYI here are some Indonesian research institutes:

LIPI(Indonesia Science Institute): It is science and research institute in Indonesia. It consists of 47 research centers in the fields ranging from social to natural sciences.

LAPAN(Lembaga Penerbangan dan Antariksa Nasional): Indonesia's National Institute of Aeronautics and Space

ICALRRD: Indonesian Center for Agricultural Land Resources Research and Development

and some other institutes from government and non-government organization.

you can search on google for more info: indonesian institute - Google Search

About the industrial base, I don't really know what industrial base you mean, if in terms of commodities, at least Indonesia has various industrial base of palm oil, natural gas, coal and other processing industry.

We Indonesian know that we are poor, backward and not an industrialize country, but even though we are poor country, our GDP per capita and our living standard are better than India..

We Indonesian know that we are uncivilized and backward country, but even though we are backward, we still know how to manufacture a car, a plane, a motorcycle, a sneaker, and many other stuff which can exported to other countries including India.

And we know as Indonesians, India has a better economic growth, less corrupt, bigger economy and a non-dysfunctional government, but even though we are more corrupt, have a dysfunctional government, smaller economy and weaker economic growth, we still posted 6.3% growth in Q1 2012, our GDP PPP in 2011 are $1,122 trillion, GDP nominal in 2011 are $845,680 billion, and we have per capita GDP of $3,509 for 2011 when India the superpower of Asia has a GDP per capita of $1,389...

we are still poorer than India for sure :)...

Sorry for my bad English, because I'm a backward people... Thanks...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Hello guys...

I'm Indonesian, and I registered here only to comment to some guys here who think that Indonesia is a most backward country in Asia :)...

Hmmm, I want to share with you, who say that Indonesia doesn't have Research Institute and some other things...

LIPI(Indonesia Science Institute): It is science and research institute in Indonesia. It consists of 47 research centers in the fields ranging from social to natural sciences.

LAPAN(Lembaga Penerbangan dan Antariksa Nasional): Indonesia's National Institute of Aeronautics and Space

ICALRRD: Indonesian Center for Agricultural Land Resources Research and Development

About the industrial base, I don't really know what industrial base you mean, if in terms of commodities, at least Indonesia has various industrial base of palm oil, natural gas, coal and other processing industry.

We Indonesian know that we are poor, backward and not an industrialize country, but even though we are poor country, our GDP per capita and our living standard are better than India..

We Indonesian know that we are uncivilized and backward country, but even though we are backward, we still know how to manufacture a car, a plane, a motorcycle, a sneaker, and many other stuff which can exported to other countries including India.

And we know as Indonesians, India has a better economic growth, less corrupt, bigger economy and a non-dysfunctional government, but even though we are more corrupt, have a dysfunctional government, smaller economy and weaker economic growth, we still posted 6.3% growth in Q1 2012, our GDP PPP in 2011 are $1,122 trillion, GDP nominal in 2011 are $845,680 billion, and we have per capita GDP of $3,509 for 2011 when India the superpower of Asia has a GDP per capita of $1,389...

Welcome to the forum.

Lots of people have expressed different opinions on this thread - a couple of views may have been extreme. Counter them with facts and arguments, as you have done here. And no need to be so sarcastic in calling yourself "backward, uncivilized", and so on. No Indian considers Indonesia to be "uncivilized and backward", so no need to be sarcastically self-flagellating here.

My take on the subject is that there is no comparison between Indonesia and India in terms of the size and scale. You are right, Indonesia has a better per-capita figure at present. But the thing is - 8% growth of the Indian economy is 8% of 2 trillion - the Indian economy grows by a larger amount each year, than the total economic size of many nations!!

So, while Indonesia has its strengths, and might become a prosperous and rich country, it cannot replace India in any sense of the term, simply because the size and scale is so different!

Last edited:

butenzoorg

Welcome to the forum.

Lots of people have expressed different opinions on this thread - a couple of views may have been extreme. Counter them with facts and arguments, as you have done here. And no need to be so sarcastic in calling yourself "backward, uncivilized", and so on. No Indian considers Indonesia to be "uncivilized and backward", so no need to be sarcastically self-flagellating here.

My take on the subject is that there is no comparison between Indonesia and India in terms of the size and scale. You are right, Indonesia has a better per-capita figure at present. But the thing is - 8% growth of the Indian economy is 8% of 2 trillion - the Indian economy grows by a larger amount each year, than the total economic size of many nations!!

So, while Indonesia has its strengths, and might become a prosperous and rich country, it cannot replace India in any sense of the term, simply because the size and scale is so different!
So sorry if I'm too sarcastic ... :)

I'm sarcastic because some people here are too lazy to search for more information on other countries that they don't know for sure, and then they finally look down on the countries that they didn't know, only to justify their arguments...

Adux

Country flag
Indonesia, is just that Indonesia, I am sure they will do well, they are a hard working and intelligent people, but comparing them to India is not doing them any service. There are a lot of articles coming now about India slowing down, simply because India is not letting FDI in retail etc to open up, as we know the interested parties are pushing articles to create a public opinion for their need.

India is not China, we are a innovative bunch. We are ok with 6 or 7 % growth rate as it may seem, and we are not ready to cripple our masses as just being workers to MNC's, rather we want them to make something of their own. In the short run, it is quite bad, but in the long run, it is going to be as productive as somebody inventing the 'internet'. What is the most unique difference of India in this BRIC saga? We are not a "export" oriented country, while the rest of them are. That is our biggest strength, our domestic market, we are 70-75% domestic oriented economy.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I'm sarcastic because some people here are too lazy to search for more information on other countries that they don't know for sure, and then they finally look down on the countries that they didn't know, only to justify their arguments...
Then educate us on the realities about your country! It will be great to have an Indonesian member here - I think you will be the first. If you are interested in geopolitics, defense and strategy, you will be able to contribute well here.

Adux

Country flag
wellcome sir...and please dont mind the attitudes of people.They consider everything related to muslims or islam as backward of 7th century be it islamic country or be it muslim individual even when father of indian missile program is a muslim himself.
Fact of the matter is, none of the Islamic country is doing yourself any favors. You are backward and regressive. You want our approval, earn it. Otherwise FO

amitkriit

wellcome sir...and please dont mind the attitudes of people here They consider everything related to muslims or islam as backward of 7th century be it islamic country or be it muslim individual even when father of indian missile program is a muslim himself.
Don't blame others for your misery when your own people wish to bring back the glorious period of 17th century, and destroy everything which hurt your fragile sentiments.

Please don't get diverted, concentrate on Ghazwa-e-Hind, it is a prophecy, it is your destiny. After all who else can do it other than the noble citizens of the land of pure?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
wellcome sir...and please dont mind the attitudes of people here.They consider everything related to muslims or islam as backward of 7th century be it islamic country or be it muslim individual even when father of indian missile program is a muslim himself.
If you want to Troll, Troll in the Internal affairs. And stop masquerading as a Paki. If your love for Pukistan is so great, :gtfo: and move to that stupid country instead of being a pain in the ass here in India. I have only one thing to say to you :finger:

Lets just forget that despite posting 6.5% growth in the Q1 in 2012, Indian GDP is considered to be at its worst place while the Indonesian GDP with a 6.3% GDP growth is considered very good for it... Anyway, lets also forget that the size of Indian GDP is about Four times that of the Indonesian GDP...:rolleyes:
Ok Indonesia will replace India in the BRIC, Happy now??:thumb:

Anyway, Ignore that troll Ajtr, and welcome to the forum. And do post more about your country :)

Last edited:

panduranghari

all developing countries are "cheap labor" compared to the developed world.

and it was fareed zakira who first came up with the idea that indonesia should replace india in the brics.

and it was jim o'neil who said that india was the most disappointing of the brics.

so there go all your conspiracies on this thread.
They are saying these things because India does not give into American demands like you and Pakistan does. We think long term unlike your planners or Puki planners.

panduranghari

Hello guys...

No one is doubting the integrity of Indonesia or its ability to do well. We are discussing point which states Indonesia has a economy which can outperform a bigger economy in GDP, PPP terms.

panduranghari

wellcome sir...and please dont mind the attitudes of people here.They consider everything related to muslims or islam as backward of 7th century be it islamic country or be it muslim individual even when father of indian missile program is a muslim himself.
I think this a hole should be banned for bringing religion into this.

agentperry

wellcome sir...and please dont mind the attitudes of indian people here especially hindus.They consider everything related to muslims or islam as backward of 7th century be it islamic country or be it muslim individual even when father of indian missile program is a muslim himself.
even our mod/admin is muslim - yusuf bhai :p

agentperry

Hello guys...

there are research institute with even bangladesh and almost all the countries on earth but they should be coupled with the trained people from various applied sciences fields. Indonesia is doing good, no one is countering it. it has what it needs to be a good performing nation-
cheap labor
raw material
etc etc

but are indonesian institutes delivering anything? if they are is it acceptable to business community? brazil and russia too have higer gdp but the former is just resource exporting nation and russia is slowly becoming the case similar to former

venkat

butenzoorg!!!you have wrong impression about us and india.. Muslims are part and parcel of india and unlike in pakistan, indian muslims rule Bollywood and occupy highest positions in our Govt.....As far as Indonesia is concerned i love that country for its natural beauty and rain forests which are god's gift to Indonesians...only thing that scares us is bali type bombings which are done by ppl brainwashed by pakis in the name pf Al-Qaeda!!!!!!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles