Why Zaid Hamid is a success in Pakistani Society?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Zaid Hamid's target base is made up of specific classes for specific purposes. As Manishankar Aiyar said "Every five years, it is the masses who determine who will form the government. And in between those five years the classes determine what that government will do."

I have talked to some Pakistanis and they say that Zaid Hamid is not popular in Pak though his support base appears to be pretty robust OTOH looking at Imran Khan it appears he is very popular in Pakistan but has no public support. Those whom he is not targeting are perhaps in larger numbers than those who he is targeting, however the number of articles appearing in Pak media decrying Zaid Hamid's agenda suggests that he is perhaps succeeding.

Solid Beast

Zaid Hamid has a huge following in Pakistan but truthfully mostly amongst the youth there is a cult like following. Many of the older folks have grown too old for his firebrand method of preaching. His formula is easy and his intentions are quite clear. Besides the overall intention of re-sowing fear and hatred towards India for the new generations to learn, he is manipulating history to make it seem as if Pakistan has been engaged in some sort of a monolothic Islamic struggle throughout her existence. It is a dangerous combination what he does, mixing religion and politics with fear mongering and militarism.Testosterone levels run high, and due to the lack of information flow in much parts of Pakistan over the decades, Zaid Hamid's sentiments are used as gospel because his network is dispersing it's agenda through ground roots levels and domestic media at the same time in a pincer movement to monopolize on the flow of information that is available to much of the country. He has significant financial backing and is undoubtedly working for some government branch. His ideas are dangerous, we don't need a build up to Ghazwat e Hind. I simply can't kill other people because they belong to a different religion.

He also engages in lots of traditional topics like religion and philosophy to reach a bigger audience and solidify his credentials. Mastery of theology in my opinion does not mean you will have responsible statements regarding international diplomacy, foreign policy, domestic affairs regarding governance or anything but sadly people in Pakistan still look towards pulpit pimps to form their own opinions about the world.

Last edited:

Solid Beast

Also it is a proven fact that Zaid Hamid never has a counter for any valid criticism that people bring up. His responses are always threatening. For instance : "Come to my office if you don't believe me and I'll debate you there" *MEAN STARE*... yeah right buddy nobody is coming to your shady building to end up dissapearing. When he was questioned regarding an audio taping which involved him and a former false prophet who was also a criminal, his rebuttals were along the lines of, "This is propaganda coming from Indians on the internet". Nothing more provided beyond that, and I really think he is a joke for having jingoistic responses to criticism. It shows he is built of hot air and nothing more. He should spend the same level of energy trying to convince the government to stop screwing over Pakistani farmers so that food can reach the mouths of dying children.

DaRk WaVe

He's our 'Faxx(Fox) News' & India TV clap

So he's nothing more than entertainment, Don't know why Indians think he's important when he do not represent GOP & Pakistani Armed Forces, fools are every where be it India or Pak

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Like i had said before. He is a good source for entertainment for the people of Pakistan. We are just wasting too much time on this clown.

Kinshuk

Mr. Zaid Hamid should be banned for misleading the population of Pakistan, it is not just them, even we are plagued with such social policing that can only promote hatred and duress.

I wonder how people can digest whatever noxious he ejaculates. Not all, but still Mr Hamid has acolytes, including educated Pakistanis.

He must be an entertainment package for the masses, but still he has been able to generate enough attendants. Why let such people flourish, is my Question..........

Regards

Last edited:

Solid Beast

Despite the plausible and understandable "entertainment" label that is applied to justify this guy's existence, I still think he is dangerous and if others are not worried about him I don't think Pakistani's should take him lightly, because he is doing damage to minds like Kinshuk above points out. Even Fox News is much more reasonable of a source of analysis and it is too much credit to his likes that he be compared with mainstream media. He needs to be shunned and confronted in Pakistan and not protected under a non serious garb which can easily be applied by outsiders but shouldn't be looked over by Pakistanis. Hope you understand my point if not agree.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I would beg to differ with folks who say Zaid Hamid is just a Time pass or entertainment for Paks. I would like to tell you all something, deep inside Pakistanis like him, emulate him, even though on the outer they are like he is too crazy or whatever. Thats because being a Zaid Hamid fan is not "Fashionable". They are hypocrites. I actually admire those guys who appreciate Mr Hamid openly than those who are Closet Fans of his.

Zaid Hamid is a fraud most sane Pakistanis know. He has been involved in many scams I have heard, and he has a very shady past involving a Cult or something which was Unislamic, and this guy has the galls to speak about Islam! Hypocrite again!

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
He's our 'Faxx(Fox) News' & India TV clap

So he's nothing more than entertainment, Don't know why Indians think he's important when he do not represent GOP & Pakistani Armed Forces, fools are every where be it India or Pak
Show me one instance of Fox or even India TV making such claims:

Jews are plotting to kill billions
World wars were fought to create Isarael and subjugate Muslims
Hindus are paleed
Gazwa-tul-Hind, no prisoners to be taken. He is threatening a genocide of billions on public TV!

I don't think anyone else comes close to this filthy clown. He is dangerous for Pakistan and the danger is imminent.

ahmedsid

Top Gun

Hindus are paleed
Gazwa-tul-Hind, no prisoners to be taken. He is threatening a genocide of billions on public TV!

I don't think anyone else comes close to this filthy clown. He is dangerous for Pakistan and the danger is imminent.
Vinodbhai! India TV is Pulitzer material compared to Mr Zaid Hamid!!!!!!

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Officials and journalists said that soldiers and middle-level officers were increasingly attracted to the preaching of Zaid Hamid, who joined the mujahideen and fought for nine years in Afghanistan. On CDs and on television, Hamid exhorts soldiers to think of themselves as Muslims first and Pakistanis second. He claims that terrorist attacks in Mumbai last year were staged by India and Western Zionists, aided by the Mossad. Another proselytizer, Dr. Israr Ahmed, writes a column in the Urdu press in which he depicts the Holocaust as “divine punishment,” and advocates the extermination of the Jews. He, too, is said to be popular with the officer corps.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/11/16/091116fa_fact_hersh?currentPage=all#ixzz0hPJ5If8s

To say that he is not popular among PA is also incorrect. He is popular among a significant section of PA and youth.

DaRk WaVe

Hindus are paleed

well when you all know he's crap then why do you follow his so much, He is only gaining publicity
Indian criticism & kinda 'obsession' with him is only helping to exploit more Public, just leave 'em alone, he is not a person who matters in 'policy making circles' of GoP

I am not saying that he has zero public support but number of his supporters is not increasing almost all major Media outlet are talking against him(e.g. Dawn), I don't see him as any 'big player', just leave 'em alone, He will disappear into the ashes of time

Last edited:

DaRk WaVe

People listen if you will talk more & more about him, it will only help his agenda, Just ignore him like a 'Fool'

moreover these kinds of people are there every where, Even in your India (Bharat Verma)

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
well when you all know he;s crap then why do you follow his so much, He is only gaining publicity & Indian criticism & kinda 'obsession' with him is only helping to exploit more Public, just leave 'em alone, he is not a person who matters in 'policy making circles' of GoP

I am not saying that he has zero public support but number of his supporters is not increasing almost all major Media outlet are talking against him, I don't see him as any 'big player', just leave 'em alone, He will disappear into the ashes of time
Indian media has mostly ignored him. He is touring your universities and cities with those funny "wake up" campaign. People are joining him as he is easier to follow without sacrificing your lifestyle. I hope you read the starting post of this thread.

The whole premise of his popularism is so fake, it would not work anywhere else.

To say that Indians have made him a celebrity is not being honest. He is no more than a funny clown for us. Someone to be watched as he may end up becoming a Pakistani leader in the not too distant future. He is surely angling for it and he sounds more credible to many in Pakistan than the alternatives.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
People listen if you will talk more & more about him, it will only help his agenda, Just ignore him like a 'Fool'

moreover these kinds of people are there every where, Even in your India (Bharat Verma)
Yep, that I agree, these kind of people are there everywhere, but isnt it time to put a lid on the hatred this guy spews? Calling for mass murder and all? I mean arent there laws against it? Atleast for namesake? In India we have many leaders booked for Inflamatory speeches :D even though they are let off later after an arrest. But still the cases are filed and stuff do happen! What about this guy?

ahmedsid

Top Gun

Yep, that I agree, these kind of people are there everywhere, but isnt it time to put a lid on the hatred this guy spews? Calling for mass murder and all? I mean arent there laws against it? Atleast for namesake? In India we have many leaders booked for Inflamatory speeches :D even though they are let off later after an arrest. But still the cases are filed and stuff do happen! What about this guy?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

Please. let's not try to create this false equivalence.

India and Pakistan have been enemy countries for decade. Bharat Verma may consider Pakistan an implacable enemy and think that a stable Pakistan is not in India's interest. That's about it.

To compare him to Zaid is a flight of imagination. He is not widely followed in India by the masses like Zaid is in Pakistan. He doesn't appear in TV shows threatening to perpetuate a collective genocide on Pakistanis because of their religion.

As I said, let's not even try this false equivalence.

DaRk WaVe

Indian media has mostly ignored him. He is touring your universities and cities with those funny "wake up" campaign. People are joining him as he is easier to follow without sacrificing your lifestyle. I hope you read the starting post of this thread.

The whole premise of his popularism is so fake, it would not work anywhere else.

To say that Indians have made him a celebrity is not being honest. He is no more than a funny clown for us. Someone to be watched as he may end up becoming a Pakistani leader in the not too distant future. He is surely angling for it and he sounds more credible to many in Pakistan than the alternatives.
hahahhahaha, I know about the campaign, They are selling tickets for Rs.50/-, This means people are just going there for 'fun' but to be honest we the 'youth' is stuck in its own problems, so...........

if he's a clown then enjoy why just talk so much about him & mark my words he won't become any 'leader' ;)

DaRk WaVe

Please. let's not try to create this false equivalence.

India and Pakistan have been enemy countries for decade. Bharat Verma may consider Pakistan an implacable enemy and think that a stable Pakistan is not in India's interest. That's about it.

To compare him to Zaid is a flight of imagination. He is not widely followed in India by the masses like Zaid is in Pakistan. He doesn't appear in TV shows threatening to perpetuate a collective genocide on Pakistanis because of their religion.

As I said, let's not even try this false equivalence.
there are many points on which i agree with you both, but my point remains, Ignore 'em
Sar par mat charhao use
I might be wrong with this 'equivalence' thing but he's no Major player & as i said many Media outlets & intellectuals & public are against his crap of RAW/Mossad/CIA nexus, They even make fun of him, So just CHILL

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
hahahhahaha, I know about the campaign, They are selling tickets for Rs.50/-, This means people are just going there for 'fun' but to be honest we the 'youth' is stuck in its own problems, so...........

if he's a clown then enjoy why just talk so much about him & mark my words he won't become any 'leader' ;)
We are enjoying the show. He is your problem for now, he may become our problem later, so we need to keep an eye while being entertained.

About your word, could you have predicted that Zardari will become your president two years back? If yes, I will "mark your words"! ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles