Why Vietnam Loves and Hates China. Learn some history

Oblaks

I Have lived in Vietnam for quite some time and have close friends over there. Here are my observations. Indeed there is a noticeable chinese influence on their culture. Whenever we sit over a couple of Saigon beers and start talking politics, they would always bring China up to the discussion, they tend to always go aggresive and looks like they don't have any affection at all towards China. The Vietnam government, to some extent, also limits Chinese from putting up business establishments. That is, atleast, in Ho Chi Minh and nearby cities. On the other hand, the country is pretty much open to business establishments from Japan, Korea, Singapore, even the US and even the Philippines. And although Vietnam had its unpleasant moments in history with the US, most people in the south still look up to them as friends and other western countries. So looking at the propaganda tactics, China has no done much to lure Vietnam and might have a really hard time trying to.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I feel sorry for China.

After all the Hans did conquer much of their land and then were thrown back.

China claims even the Americas because of some map they have fished out.

I am sure they also think Vietnam is a part of China since they had occupied them in history.

It is a different thing that the 100 Yues/Baiyues were taken to be barbarians!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles