Why Vietnam Loves and Hates China. Learn some history

satish007

More close, more dislike. Vietnam and Chinese are communisms and antitheists. they all want to save the world, but now it turns out
it is not their business. but they have to find another Gods. Money and ....

AOE

And Aussies, too:pound:
lol, I'm sure the British and American armed forces would have a thing or two to say about that, and indeed many other Asian countries in the region that do not want to see an expansive communist China. It would be entertaining though to see the Chinese attempt to build a navy in order to bring their land forces to Darwin and begin their long march to Canberra through 2,000 kms of desert. :pound:

kickok1975

lol, I'm sure the British and American armed forces would have a thing or two to say about that, and indeed many other Asian countries in the region that do not want to see an expansive communist China. It would be entertaining though to see the Chinese attempt to build a navy in order to bring their land forces to Darwin and begin their long march to Canberra through 2,000 kms of desert. :pound:
China has no interest on Kangaroo Island.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Invading Kangaroo Island is not worth the effort. Even the Japanese did not do it, though they could have.
did i read somewhere that kangaroo island ( as you folks seem to call it ) has very high deposits of uranium ?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
In an old Chinese saying: "The barking dog won't bite". I don't think Vietnam will mess up with China but I also don't like to see a Potential conflict between two countries. However, if there will be one, it will be resolved soon just like a family fighting between married couple. Vietnam still needs China, and China needs Vietnam too.
appreciate to know how it is that china would need vietnam ? china has better potential friends in asean and the relationship with vietnam is hardly symbiotic .... what could china ever need from vietnam which it couldnt procure independently , i wonder ?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
did i read somewhere that kangaroo island ( as you folks seem to call it ) has very high deposits of uranium ?
Uranium itself is not a good reason to invade a country, especially during WWII which was before nuclear energy came into widespread use. If Australia had big oil deposits, things would be very different.

appreciate to know how it is that china would need vietnam ? china has better potential friends in asean and the relationship with vietnam is hardly symbiotic .... what could china ever need from vietnam which it couldnt procure independently , i wonder ?
Vietnam is a rapidly emerging market which China wants to tap. It's only natural.

kickok1975

La Thanh Huyen, actress and the winner of Women in the 21st Century – a reality show on national Vietnam Television (VTV) – has been strongly criticized for her sensitive pictures.

kickok1975

In these pictures, which were posted on a magazine, taken at a conference of a Swiss company in China, Huyen wore a Chinese traditional gown – cheongsam. Many people criticized Huyen on online forums.

"While the East Sea situation is tense, she wore a Chinese gown to take picture. It is ridiculous!," a reader named T at hayduoinuoc@"¦.com wrote.

Danh Danh at hodanhdanh@"¦.com wrote: "I don't know what this actress is thinking. At this moment she wore a Chinese gown. She only knew to make up and travel? She did not read newspaper, didn't she!"

Actress criticized for wearing Chinese traditional gown

La Thanh Huyen, actress and the winner of Women in the 21st Century – a reality show on national Vietnam Television (VTV) – has been strongly criticized for her sensitive pictures.

In these pictures, which were posted on a magazine, taken at a conference of a Swiss company in China, Huyen wore a Chinese traditional gown – cheongsam. Many people criticized Huyen on online forums.

"While the East Sea situation is tense, she wore a Chinese gown to take picture. It is ridiculous!," a reader named T at hayduoinuoc@"¦.com wrote.

Danh Danh at hodanhdanh@"¦.com wrote: "I don't know what this actress is thinking. At this moment she wore a Chinese gown. She only knew to make up and travel? She did not read newspaper, didn't she!"

Hien at saomai_334@"¦.com wrote: "As a Woman in the 21st Century, but she wore a Chinese gown to attend a conference held by a Swiss firm, especially at the time Vietnam and China have tension?"

My Loan from Dong Thap province wrote: "I don't know what is La Thanh Huyen thinking. It is unacceptable even if these pictures were taken a long time ago and they are launched now. This is a sensitive moment now. As a Vietnamese woman, why she didn't wear Vietnamese traditional costumes but Chinese traditional gown".

However, some had sympathy for Huyen, as saying that she only showed her respect to the host country of the even.
This is a big lesson for La Thanh Huyen. In the region, Chinese movie star Zhaowei was boycotted for two years by Chinese fans for wearing clothes printed with a Japanese flag. South Korean movie star Lee Seung Yeun was also boycotted in her home country for taking pictures featuring Korean women who were forced to serve Japanese in the war

kickok1975

This is a big lesson for La Thanh Huyen. In the region, Chinese movie star Zhaowei was boycotted for two years by Chinese fans for wearing clothes printed with a Japanese flag. South Korean movie star Lee Seung Yeun was also boycotted in her home country for taking pictures featuring Korean women who were forced to serve Japanese in the war

kickok1975

China needs Vietnam as a friend, partner, ally. Even now it looks unrealistic.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Their people look very close to Chinese

So all oriental looking people are Chinese.... Japanese people don't look much different than Chinese either ... why don't try to assimilate them as well?

:lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
History of Vietnam

The Âns and Qins were among the earliest foreign aggressions of Vietnam, but the ancient Vietnamese regained control of their country soon after their invasions.

Once Vietnam did succumb to foreign rule, however, it proved unable to escape from it, and for 1,100 years, Vietnam had been successively governed by a series of foreign powers: the Hans, Eastern Hans, Eastern Wus, Cao Wei, Jins, Liu Songs, Southern Qis, Liangs, Suis, Tangs, and Southern Hans; leading to the losses of its writing system, language, and national identity. At certain periods during these 1,100 years, Vietnam was independently governed under the Triệus, Trưng Sisters, Anterior Lýs, Khúcs and Dương Đình Nghệ - although their triumphs and reigns were brief.

During the foreign rule of North Vietnam, several Indianized civilizations flourished in the central and south of what we know as Vietnam, particularly the Funanese and the Chams. The founders and rulers of these governments, however, were not native to Vietnam. From the 10th century onwards, the Vietnamese, emerging in their heartland of the Red River Delta, began to conquer these civilizations.

When Ngô Quyền (King of Vietnam) (939–944) restored sovereign power in the country, the next millennium Vietnam was under a series of great dynasties: Ngôs, Đinhs, Prior Lês, Lýs, Trầns, Hồs, Posterior Trầns, Later Lês, Mạcs, Trịnhs, Nguyá»…ns, Tây SÆ¡ns and Nguyá»…ns again. At various points during these 1,000 years of imperial dynasties, Vietnam was ravaged and divided by civil wars and repeatedly attacked by the Songs, Mongol Yuans, Chams, Mings, Dutch, Manchus, French, and the Americans. The Ming Empire conquered the Red River valley for a while before native Vietnamese regained control and the French Empire reduced Vietnam to a French dependency for nearly a century and followed by an occupation by the Japanese Empire. Political upheaval and Communist insurrection put an end to the monarchy after World War II and the country was proclaimed a republic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese Domination of Vietnam

The first Chinese domination is an early historical period in Vietnamese history, during which the Vietnamese people repeatedly combated Chinese expansion fron 111 B.C. Chinese armies reconquered Vietnam and incorporated it into the expanding Han Empire. The Viet resisted the Chinese government's efforts to introduce Chinese literature, arts and agricultural techniques. They not only guarded their national identity but also fought fiercely to preserve it. This finally ended in 39 AD when the most famous of several early Vietnamese revolts was led by the Trung Sisters, both widows of local aristocrats. Their revolt was successful and the older sister, Trung Trac, became ruler of an independent state for three years.m the north.

In response to increasingly oppressive Chinese rule, a revolt broke out in Giao Chỉ, Cửu Chân, and Nhật Nam in 39, led by Trưng Trắc, the wife of a Lạc lord named Thi Sách who had been put to death by Tô Định governor of Giao Chỉ, and her sister Trưng Nhị. The Trưng Sisters incited a victorious armed revolt against Chinese authorities, took over 65 cities. The two sisters were crowned the queens of Vietnam in 40, ending the first Chinese domination of Vietnam.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Above from what I had downloaded.

More available but in PDF.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles