Why this Kolaveri di ????

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am still unable to understand what is the fuss over this Kolaveri di.

I am sure it must be fantastic.

I don't want to lose out on life.

Can someone help me to join the crowd?

lemontree

Professional

Sir, I am just as lost as you are...about this song.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The above is a Punjabi 'hot' song.

Ask Singhji!

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ray Sir,

You just have to flow with the song.Do not really try to make sense out of this song, then only will it make any sense.

You might enjoy this punjabi version

Reactions: Ray

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Its not about age. I didn't like it either.

ejazr

Ambassador
Arabic version of Kolaveri mocking arab bosses hehehe

Zebra

Country flag
"Why This Kolaveri Di..."

Why This Kolaveri Di (Tamil: வொய் திஸ் கொலவெறி டி, Voy Tis Kolaveṟi Di ?; English: Why This Murderous Rage, Girl?[1]) is an Indian song from the soundtrack of the upcoming Tamil film 3, which is due to be released in 2012. Written and sung by Dhanush, the song was composed by music director Anirudh Ravichander.

The song was officially released on 16 November 2011, and it instantly became viral on social networking sites for its quirky "Tanglish" (portmanteau word of Tamil and English) lyrics.[2] Soon, the song became the most searched YouTube video in India.[3][4][5] Within a few weeks, YouTube honored the video with a Recently Most Popular Gold Medal Award for receiving a large number of hits in a short time.[6][7]

Creation of the songAccording to 18-year-old composer Anirudh Ravichander, the director Aishwarya Rajinikanth Dhanush (who is the wife of the actor Dhanush) wanted a "light-hearted" song about failed love. Ravichandar quickly composed the tune. Dhanush then began work on the lyrics, which he completed in about 20 minutes of playful singing and writing.[8] In an interview to The Times of India, Dhanush said "When I was writing down the lyrics, I kept in mind all the English words that are used in the Tamil vocabulary. Words like I, you, me, how, why, cow.. I just framed them into sentences and thats how I came up with the song."[9]

After an early version of the song was leaked to the internet, is creators noticed its popularity and decided to go for an official release.[8][10]

LyricsThe words of the song are in a simple form of Tanglish, a mixture of Tamil and English. The singer is presented as an Indian boy whose girlfriend has rejected him. He is drunk as he sings, asking why she hurt him this way.[5][8] The words have been described as "nonsensical" and an evocation of "Tamil street humour".[5] Dhanush has said that the simple words used help make the song something that "people can relate to."[11]

The music video features the actor-playback singer Dhanush singing the song in a studio, accompanied by composer Anirudh on a keyboard. Co-star Shruti Haasan and director Aishwarya Rajinikanth are seen listening in the background. [12][13]

Release and receptionUpon release, the hashtag #kolaveri topped the Indian trends in Twitter on the evening of 21 November 2011. Within a week of the official release of the video, it received more than 1.3 million views on YouTube, more than 1 million shares on Facebook, while trending in India on Twitter the whole time. The song is also a hit among non-Tamilians, apparently due to the Tanglish lyrics.[13][14][11] By 30 November it had more than 10,500,000 YouTube views.[15]

The song became the top downloaded song on mobile with 2,10,000 downloads within the first 18 days of release.[16] On 24 November 2011, this song became the first Tamil film song to be premiered on a national music channel, MTV India .[17] The song had achieved 16 million hits on YouTube as of 5 December 2011.[18]

Imitations and parodies of this song have been created, including versions in different Indian languages, a female version, and versions about current events at that time, such as the Sharad Pawar slapping incident [19][20] The popularity of the song was also reported by international media like BBC and Time magazine.[21][5] Top business schools like Indian Institutes of Management conducted studies to figure out the popularity of this song.[16]

The song was performed live by Dhanush in his first-ever live performance at the BIG Star Entertainment Awards 2011.[22]

Why This Kolaveri Di - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nagraj

didn't like it the first time .

still don't like it ..

sometimes i feel i am alone in this world....

Zebra

Country flag
didn't like it the first time .

still don't like it ..

sometimes i feel i am alone in this world....
are you alone ?

and that is why you don't like this song ?

p2prada

Nothing fantastic here. It's just a catchy song. It has a mellow tune and young uns who got dumped kinda relate to it.

Don't they say, "Ah! To be young."

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Soup song ...soupçon?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag