Why the United States Promotes India's Great-Power Ambitions

amitkriit

They made regime changes in AF and Iraq- if thats not a freaking stamp of military might - what the hell is? playing " always defense" like India has done? always waiting to be attacked and when attacked ( mumbai , now Delhi) sitting on its arse? pussyfooting around...
Yep great achievement, defeating (if we really call it a victory) those illusive cave dwellers was really a huge task, that's why a full thrust from NATO was needed. Old empires fall and give way to new ones, USA's golden days are over, it will take time to digest this hard fact.

There is only one reason behind pampering India, that's they want to use India against China, but India is not going to let that happen.

Param

Why is it off topic? Questioning of Americas power was made here first to which I replied ( go look at it). its the same idiotic garbage I read on Pakistani forums from them and some Indians. It is mired in having not an iota of clue of the facts on the ground that every economist and military head will publicly and privately agree too- why not challenge that here? Why do you think it is off topic - when a countries " might" is based on economy and military portfolio.

Why not debate that you have to be an idiot to think America is going down while you are 14X smaller GDP, while it leads the world in almost all aspects, while it's treasury bills are sold for 2% freaking percent , which next to zero and has even today 3 trillion dollars that its private industries hold in the US- waiting on demand to go back up and recession to cease. why not have someone like me open the eyes of fools who sit down and claim US is down on this and that... I'm doing a public service message to relieve the idiots who think a cycle of world wide recession = America is down and Out!
Desi American Patriot!:rotfl:

amitkriit

Why is it off topic? Questioning of Americas power was made here first to which I replied ( go look at it). its the same idiotic garbage I read on Pakistani forums from them and some Indians. It is mired in having not an iota of clue of the facts on the ground that every economist and military head will publicly and privately agree too- why not challenge that here? Why do you think it is off topic - when a countries " might" is based on economy and military portfolio.

Why not debate that you have to be an idiot to think America is going down while you are 14X smaller GDP, while it leads the world in almost all aspects, while it's treasury bills are sold for 2% freaking percent , which next to zero and has even today 3 trillion dollars that its private industries hold in the US- waiting on demand to go back up and recession to cease. why not have someone like me open the eyes of fools who sit down and claim US is down on this and that... I'm doing a public service message to relieve the idiots who think a cycle of world wide recession = America is down and Out!
Calm down a bit, don't get butt-hurt. We know how much time does it take for an old flame to fizzle out, not much does it, and USA is next in line.

JayATL

Yep great achievement, defeating (if we really call it a victory) those illusive cave dwellers was really a huge task, that's why a full thrust from NATO was needed. Old empires fall and give way to new ones, USA's golden days are over, it will take time to digest this hard fact.

There is only one reason behind pampering India, that's they want to use India against China, but India is not going to let that happen.
Illusive cave dwellers? so now it's down to the caliber of the enemy and has shifted away from questioning those wars - LOL. freaking amusing how you guys shape shift . If I were you economics or History professor you would have gotten a big A for rhetoric and a big F for having zero facts to support that rhetoric. I'll let you have the floor as it obvious I'm debating the " america go down , Ooo ga Oooga " clan.

JayATL

Desi American Patriot!:rotfl:
Intelligent poster , based on facts and not on false Desi or American pride... I don't go for BS based theories...Hell Indian intelligentsia would 100% agree with me including your military heads... so what does that make you guys? heh

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Do check your post (post 4 in this thread) where you started with the military prowess of America this and that. No where did before that post challenged or even talked about US military prowess. So, it is you who started the off-topic and took this thread into a tangent. Sorry, cannot let it happen. Open another thread and gloat about US military prowess to your heart's content. No more off-topic posts.

Country flag
Huh? who said Obama tossed it out. It is stuck because of India's dragging it's feet on some checks and blances clauses/ by -laws.
This is in the beginning of Obama's term where he had every intention of killing this deal

Obama advisor calls nuclear deal with India "dead" - Times Of India
Obama advisor calls nuclear deal with India "dead"

India was waiting for Obama's stand in NSG and the wait was fruitless
The Hindu : Front Page : NSG ends India's 'clean' waiver
NSG ends India's 'clean' waiver

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/sep/01ndeal2.htm
"India may back out of N-deal if no clean NSG waiver"

JayATL

Do check your post (post 4 in this thread) where you started with the military prowess of America this and that. No where did before that post challenged or even talked about US military prowess. So, it is you who started the off-topic and took this thread into a tangent. Sorry, cannot let it happen. Open another thread and gloat about US military prowess to your heart's content. No more off-topic posts.
I can see where you get that picture from, but the topic the guy talked about America going down ( which for it to take place has to be both economically and military)- I was pointing out to the fact that just being richer ( which it it now and even if it takes 2nd spot to china ) is not enough of a contributing factor to claim US's demise-because also being a militarily super power ensures America's status ... But I have done my bit to show the ones who are all about yapping w/ o facts at hand... and so- done with the thread. :)

JayATL

This is in the beginning of Obama's term where he had every intention of killing this deal

Obama advisor calls nuclear deal with India "dead" - Times Of India
Obama advisor calls nuclear deal with India "dead"

India was waiting for Obama's stand in NSG and the wait was fruitless
The Hindu : Front Page : NSG ends India's 'clean' waiver
NSG ends India's 'clean' waiver

India may back out of N-deal if no NSG waiver
"India may back out of N-deal if no clean NSG waiver"
I only read the first of 3 links and its talking about in 2008 when MMS was not sure it would pass Indian parliment... that was the context.

BBC News - Hillary Clinton seeks Indian security and nuclear deals

Mrs Clinton singled out civilian nuclear energy as a priority area, where the US and India "can and must do more".

The US agreed a landmark energy deal with India in 2008, but since then US private firms have struggled.

The US sees India's new nuclear liability law as too tough on nuclear plant suppliers, which has made it hard for US firms to compete with their state-owned French and Russian competitors
what the liability issue is that ( i do believe even Russia and French have objections) India is seeking the onus of " insurance to be paid" in case of mishaps too heavily ( percentage on the foreign entities). Its what I call commercial negotiations , part and parcel of something they will hammer out... let's not forget it was the US and US's only move that opened these kind of nuclear deals in spite of not being an NPT signatory

Last edited:
Country flag
I only read the first of 3 links and its talking about in 2008 when MMS was not sure it would pass Indian parliment... that was the context.
I intentionally posted that old article to show you that Obama was out to kill the deal right from the beginning of his term. The deal had passed in Indian parliament while Bush was president after India got the clean waiver. The deal with USA is dead but 11 other nuclear deals with other countries are still in effect.

JayATL

I intentionally posted that old article to show you that Obama was out to kill the deal right from the beginning of his term. The deal had passed in Indian parliament while Bush was president after India got the clean waiver. The deal with USA is dead but 11 other nuclear deals with other countries are still in effect.
I dont follow you- the first link clearly, crystal clearly in it language says the opposite of what you said above? Plus I quoted you the latest from hillary on my previous post ...

Link 1 quote:
"I don't know how you resuscitate something that is dead there (in New Delhi), if it is in fact dead there," remarked Antony Lake, former National Security Advisor, in an interview to The Financial Times of London.

His remarks came after the Left parties threatened to withdraw support to the UPA government if it went ahead with the nuclear deal with the US.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Guys i never thought this one will have so much discussion to start with, the US never wants India to have global ambitions, USA will turn a blind eye to India till it reaches Regional power Standards and then it will tighten the noose on us as well, we will become one other worthy adversary who will compete against it to drive the competition ridden capitalism they enjoy, we will be a huge business competition which will help them drive their business and build more weapons to compete against the rest of the world and frankly they will not want us to over take them.

USA and Indian foreign policy will always never see eye to eye, thats why they dont want us on UNSC either.

Country flag
I dont follow you- the first link clearly, crystal clearly in it language says the opposite of what you said above? Plus I quoted you the latest from hillary on my previous post ...

Link 1 quote:
Facts are US deal is dead under Obama administration and not 1 gram of uranium has been delivered to India from USA during the deal. India was the buyer USA was the seller usually the Seller dosen't kill the deals except for brilliant minds like Obama. USA had an unfair advntage in Indian MRCA with 2 planes as candidates both were rejected another failure by Obama.

Last edited:

JayATL

Guys i never thought this one will have so much discussion to start with, the US never wants India to have global ambitions, USA will turn a blind eye to India till it reaches Regional power Standards and then it will tighten the noose on us as well, we will become one other worthy adversary who will compete against it to drive the competition ridden capitalism they enjoy, we will be a huge business competition which will help them drive their business and build more weapons to compete against the rest of the world and frankly they will not want us to over take them.

USA and Indian foreign policy will always never see eye to eye, thats why they dont want us on UNSC either.
ahh effectively your theory is " How dare they compete" if they are my eye to eye pal...they should give me all the finest technology ( remove India from restricted list) , they should be the reason why nuclear deals happened in India - because they lead the charge, they should make available their markets to export to , have their industries invest in India ----- BUT " How dare they compete" if they are my eye to eye pal

--tell us was Russia your eye to eye pal when it stopped the formation of an Indian airbase from being leased in Tajikistan or whatever 'Stan' that place was

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
There is no doubt that the US remains the most powerful nation on earth - I don't think anyone contests that.

As far as India is concerned, I would prefer the relation between the two nations (India and the US) to be limited to purely business. The USA is never going to be able to treat a non-Anglosaxon nation as an equal partner. That might change in the future, who knows - but really, India shouldn't fall into this trap of getting into a full-fledged military alliance with the US.

Much as I like and admire the US for all its amazing achievements, I wouldn't put it past them to put in some kind of remote-trigger or Trojan horse in any military hardware that they might supply!!

JayATL

Facts are US deal is dead under Obama administration and not 1 gram of uranium has been delivered to India from USA during the deal. India was the buyer USA was the seller usually the Seller dosen't kill the deals except for brilliant minds like Obama. USA had an unfair advntage in Indian MRCA with 2 planes as candidates both were rejected another failure by Obama.
Look there is an NSG waiver issue, so let me do some more research and understanding of what are the hiccups . US has to hold itself to higher " compliance" standard- however, you can't refute that this entire boon in nuclear assets came about because Bush pushed for India to have it- without the NPT in place, yeah? call a spade a spade

Country flag
There is no doubt that the US remains the most powerful nation on earth - I don't think anyone contests that.

As far as India is concerned, I would prefer the relation between the two nations (India and the US) to be limited to purely business. The USA is never going to be able to treat a non-Anglosaxon nation as an equal partner. That might change in the future, who knows - but really, India shouldn't fall into this trap of getting into a full-fledged military alliance with the US.

This is highly unlikely to happen. India was ready to place Indian troops in Afghanistan but it was rejected by USA. This reveals that Pakistan is more important than India in a military for hire(slave) role. An offer like this is unlikely to happen again for decades and it better to stay away from any formal military alliances to prevent India from turning into Pakistan.

Country flag
Look there is an NSG waiver issue, so let me do some more research and understanding of what are the hiccups . US has to hold itself to higher " compliance" standard- however, you can't refute that this entire boon in nuclear assets came about because Bush pushed for India to have it- without the NPT in place, yeah? call a spade a spade
That was the whole idea of the Bush deal. India will never sign the NPT so Bush made India an exception that Obama has now reversed.

JayATL

That was the whole idea of the Bush deal. India will never sign the NPT so Bush made India an exception that Obama has now reversed.
This much I know that NSG waiver is not up to him and US, they changed the rules ( all members of the NSG group). Every bit of information I've read so far from the US- does not elude ot anything with having India to sign the NPT under Obama administration. Let's stick to facts ...it could be another reason ... but there is No sign the NPT agreement or else -from reading so far on the " internets"

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles