Why the army can fight in J&K but not Chhattisgarh: Brig (Retd) SK Chatterji

Oracle

Socio-economic reforms would take time. I mean, if we really have that amount of patience, it would need atleast 30 more years. Now for socio-economic reforms, Government personal would have to be there in those affected areas physically. But, Maoists kill everyone of them. They kidnap, extort, resulting in development projects getting affected, delayed and cost escalated. So, how is that even possible? Basically, they don't want to lay down guns or stop killing people and defense forces. Terrorism is a big business today. Union Home Ministry has for the umpteenth time asked the Maoists to lay down weapons and come to the negotiating table, but they just won't come.

If the Maoist menace is not tackled, the security of this country would be in grave danger. These terrorists are already collaborating with NE terrorist groups. They might be our country-men, but they are terrorists. We cannot let the security of this Nation and the majority of peace loving Indians be in jeopardy, just because they are our own. They had a long free run. This time it should be bullets doing the talking.

Country flag
You already state it openly . . .

In any case . . .I made my points . . .You can revert back to them . . .and state your reason why they don't need consideration
Naxals are carrying out military type operations so IMO you need to carry out the same
against them ,if you feel economic reform is a good solution against military operations
that is fine.

Oracle

To me an operation along the lines of operation bluestar needs to be carried out.
In one sweep get rid of this problem once and for all.
This actually is the best solution. Operations should be conducted in all states where there are Maoists at a single time. They won't have any place to run then.

Same thing should be applied to the NE, so that terrorists don't run hiding between jungles to different states.

Oracle

Naxals are carrying out military type operations so IMO you need to carry out the same
against them ,if you feel economic reform is a good solution against military operations
that is fine.
LF, economic reforms cannot happen in those areas even if the Government wants it. It is simple. Terrorism is a business. These terrorists get free handouts and doles, so why would they work? The Maoists won't let socio-economic reforms take center-stage, as it would affect their support base. For development, you need peace, not bullets flying around.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Socio-economic reforms would take time. I mean, if we really have that amount of patience, it would need atleast 30 more years. Now for socio-economic reforms, Government personal would have to be there in those affected areas physically. But, Maoists kill everyone of them. They kidnap, extort, resulting in development projects getting affected, delayed and cost escalated. So, how is that even possible? Basically, they don't want to lay down guns or stop killing people and defense forces. Terrorism is a big business today. Union Home Ministry has for the umpteenth time asked the Maoists to lay down weapons and come to the negotiating table, but they just won't come.

If the Maoist menace is not tackled, the security of this country would be in grave danger. These terrorists are already collaborating with NE terrorist groups. They might be our country-men, but they are terrorists. We cannot let the security of this Nation and the majority of peace loving Indians be in jeopardy, just because they are our own. They had a long free run. This time it should be bullets doing the talking.
Its often people who have never taken the trouble to visit the areas they are talking about who think Bullets are a solution to every problem .

Nobody is against using force to tackle the terrorists.

What i am against is half baked policies that in effect authorize the use of force against unarmed civilians ,
a Policy that is guaranteed to fall flat on your face

Using excessive force would mean walking straight in to the trap that Chinese have set here . . .

Country flag
LF, economic reforms cannot happen in those areas even if the Government wants it. It is simple. Terrorism is a business. These terrorists get free handouts and doles, so why would they work? The Maoists won't let socio-economic reforms take center-stage, as it would affect their support base. For development, you need peace, not bullets flying around.
There is a lot of evidence that the Chinese have funded this insurgency as Chinese
economic status has grown so has this insurgency.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
that is fine.
I entered the discussion at a point when u suggested rewards for every Naxal brought dead or alive

Let's get back to that ,

What do you think would be the safeguard against armed personnels not killing innocent civilians for their monetary gains .

Or is that an unimportant detail in your opinion not worth consideration.

Oracle

Its often people who have never taken the trouble to visit the areas they are talking about who think Bullets are a solution to every problem .

Nobody is against using force to tackle the terrorists.

What i am against is half baked policies that in effect authorize the use of force against unarmed civilians ,
a Policy that is guaranteed to fall flat on your face

Using excessive force would mean walking straight in to the trap that Chinese have set here . . .
I might not have been born in Naxal areas, but I sure have seen terrorism. The problem in my State is ongoing too. So don't lecture me by personal attacks. You can ignore my posts, or talk sensibly.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I might not have been born in Naxal areas, but I sure have seen terrorism. The problem in my State is ongoing too. So don't lecture me by personal attacks. You can ignore my posts, or talk sensibly.
Thank you , I chose the former .

Country flag
I entered the discussion at a point when u suggested rewards for every Naxal brought dead or alive

Let's get back to that ,

What do you think would be the safeguard against armed personnels not killing innocent civilians for their monetary gains .

This was something that i thought about and you are right about this point.
It would be ideal if there was a database of known naxals and they were matched
when brought in. But it would be directed more towards the top level guys.

Oracle

Let's get back to that ,

There are prices we have to pay for the greater good. It's called collateral damage. There might be human right abuses, but we cannot ignore the fact that we are dealing with a bunch of brutal terrorists here. They kill the armed Forces with pleasure, I say it is time to return the favor in kind.

And accusing the Armed Personal to kill innocent civilians for monetary gains is a tad too much.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That I know, but do they have weaponry and systems that I am talking. ?
I saw then using multi grenade launcher, real heavy one, LMG, RPG, X95, AK and most of the good stuff and they are fit too. you should watch the youtube video.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some Points should be noted..

There is sizable forces consist of BSF, CRPF, CISF deployed in this regions..

There is Elite Forces Call Cobras under CRPF..

1. They use Drones..

2. They use heavy weapons..

3 They use MPV and Armored vehicle.

4. They use tactical UAVs

5. They have very good guerrilla warfare training under Army..

But as Brig (Retd) SK Chatterji noted, This War cannot be won by guns, Not at all..

The reason why are mentioned at first page..

These people need what is denied from them by corrupt Gov system that is the root problem..

Solve that, Naxal issue will be dead in Weeks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles