Why Sri Lanka should not sign the Economic and Tecchnology Co-operative Agreement (ETCA) with India

VaghaDeva

sum gai
I've seen many different maps of this 'Akhand Bharat' concept. Some maps show Tibet, some maps don't show Tibet. IDK when Tibet was ideologically inclined towards being part of a greater India. Despite being a Buddhist nation, there was little people to people contact, intermingling or intermarriages between Tibet and India. By 'India' I am colloquially referring to 'brown people of the subcontinent'. The Malay people in Singapore have more in common with Indian than the Tibetans do.
Akhand bharat should only include indo aryan/dravidian lands and Lanka is part of both

HeinzGud

Country flag
@HeinzGud What, according to you, was the reason for India-Lanka acrimony which eventually led to the civil war in Lanka? Most simplistic narratives on our side pin the blame on Sri Lanka's affinity towards Pakistan as a trigger for deterioration of relations (in addition to other foreign players). Would love to hear your version of why you think India felt the need to intervene in Lanka?
First one is the animosity between Indira and JRJ of Sri Lanka. That was pure political enmity

Second is the JRJ's westernized policy. JRJ shamelessly allowed US listening station to be placed in Sri Lanka. That was a strategic blunder from his side. He didn't realize that West would ultimately abandon him to India.

However the direct reason for the civil war was the black July pogrom.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I doubt India will throw money as Indian system does not allow that. Money in the form of aid or loans is given only if requested, and processing of such requests takes time and it goes through several levels of govt.

So you first stop your lies.

You ask your govt. Why it requested aid from Indian govt.

After you do that, I shall answer your other questions.

And keep your dirty internal politics within your island.
It request aid because India whined about Chinese investment in Sri Lanka. SLG tried to balance the both powers at the same time.

How can we keep our internal politics aside when India is actually meddling with them?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Sri Lanka do not need anything from India. It's your own government that pushes this thing on us.
yeah if you try to reduce your culture in the hands of chinese and allow penetration of anti dharmic elements in your country then India has to do something isn't it? Otherwise one day you will blame India for not doing anything.

Because, Sri Lanka is not exposed to the details as India is about the world and proxy war. Sri Lanka is just a battle ground for big powers which India is trying to stabilize. So that it doesn't remain that forever.

If you have enough dignity about your country then try to open the pores of your brain and think beyond short term profits.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Current Maithreepala-Ranil government is asking aid from India because they have screwed the economy up and no one is ready lend any money to them. They even antagonized China early for petty reasons and now China is not ready to give any concessions to Sri Lanka.

This trend is going to end with the current government. The next government, which will undoubtedly be led by Mahinda Rajapaksha; won't be having that problem.
I hope you really believe that because reality will wonder you more later.
:rolleyes:
I think that's why India wasted time and money on changing Sri Lanka president and now trying very hard to sign the ICTA agreement.
And the money spent is nuts for India who is a country with 2.4 trillion dollars economy and $600 billion annual budget.
It would be difficult for us?
Seriously. :biggrin2:
Sri Lanka is not seeking a military assistance from China. Sri Lanka is merely trying to attract Chinese investors into Sri Lanka in order to develop the country. There are no ulterior motives behind that.
That is why you guys allowed Chinese military sub at your coast.
:shoot:
I guess you will have no problem in understanding my concerns because here's only one country in IOR, against whom China will ever direct weapons.
There is a difference between aid and investment. I think you should look it up.
We gave you both.
End of the story. :p
China has invested in Sri Lanka on enough project. Those can drive us through hard times. That is what countries like Sri Lanka needs from friends. Not empty promises and talks.
We have no problem with China's investments.
But we have problems:
1. With their military presence.
2. And you will put our aid in their pockets through deals.

And again, we are not insisting for accepting aid.
But if your government takes aid, learn to respect us as well.
:acce:pted

HeinzGud

Country flag
yeah if you try to reduce your culture in the hands of chinese and allow penetration of anti dharmic elements in your country then India has to do something isn't it? Otherwise one day you will blame India for not doing anything.

Because, Sri Lanka is not exposed to the details as India is about the world and proxy war. Sri Lanka is just a battle ground for big powers which India is trying to stabilize. So that it doesn't remain that forever.

If you have enough dignity about your country then try to open the pores of your brain and think beyond short term profits.
Chinese don't invade us culturally as India does. Therefore India is a more of a threat to Sri Lanka culturally than China is.

Sri Lanka and China has a long standing healthy friendship. India is just a neighbor. But not a friend.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It request aid because India whined about Chinese investment in Sri Lanka. SLG tried to balance the both powers at the same time.

How can we keep our internal politics aside when India is actually meddling with them?
If in my neighbour my business rival is invited to set up his shop. I will have trouble! Just like you had trouble when India supported tamils. So keep your rogue arguments with yourself. And have some dignity.

HeinzGud

Country flag
And the money spent is nuts for India who is a country with 2.4 trillion dollars economy and $600 billion annual budget.
It would be difficult for us?
Seriously. :biggrin2:
Why don't India use that money on providing sanitary facilities on it's own citizens or providing electricity or a better health care? What kind of world super power has so many poor people with in it's borders. :D

That is why you guys allowed Chinese military sub at your coast.
:shoot:
I guess you will have no problem in understanding my concerns because here's only one country in IOR, against whom China will ever direct weapons.
Military ships from many countries visit Sri Lanka each year. Don't get riled up by that. China cannot dominate IOR unless India is incapable of guarding it.

We gave you both.
End of the story. :p
Name one good investment by India in Sri Lanka which has actually benefited Sri Lanka?

We have no problem with China's investments.
But we have problems:
1. With their military presence.
2. And you will put our aid in their pockets through deals.
We can't sacrifice our development just because India doesn't like China. India should learn to respect Sri Lanka's decisions.

HeinzGud

Country flag
If in my neighbour my business rival is invited to set up his shop. I will have trouble! Just like you had trouble when India supported tamils. So keep your rogue arguments with yourself. And have some dignity.
As a true democracy you should learn to fight justly rather than conspire against your neighbor.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Chinese don't invade us culturally as India does. Therefore India is a more of a threat to Sri Lanka culturally than China is.
What culture you have kindly have pains to explain?? Do you even know it?

Are you talking about Ceylon or Sri Lanka?? Britishers changed your name to Ceylon and you make absurd arguments like Indians are changing your culture. Get Lost dude!

The most stupid argument on any defence forum. Fool, you should be aware that south Indian culture is more close to yours , The name of Sri Lanka is itself a sankrit one.. Sri is from Shri, prefic to a male personality.

I haven't seen such a ilinformed poster on any defence forum like you are. Buddy, don't reduce the reputations of Sri Lankas, because as I know they are very well informed. But You are not.

Sri Lanka and China has a long standing healthy friendship. India is just a neighbor. But not a friend.
India cannot be your friend because India is your shadow .. the culture which you are talking about bonds India and Lanka and our scriptures are incomplete without Lanka. So peace dude and show this stupidity somewhere else.

HeinzGud

Country flag
The top export destinations of Sri Lanka are the United States ($2.4B),the United Kingdom ($1.12B), Germany ($590M), India ($515M).

The top import origins are India ($4.11B), China ($2.83B).

http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/lka/
India is USA of Indian-sub,all neighboring countries don't have a choice except accepting the India's terms&conditions. :D
Sri Lankan exports to India are nothing compared with other countries.

As for the imports. Sri Lanka could live without many of the Indian imports.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
As a true democracy you should learn to fight justly rather than conspire against your neighbor.
and as true culturally bonded land, you should behave and must now allow yourself to be easy target of non Dharmic powers and become a battle ground of proxies.

HeinzGud

Country flag
What culture you have kindly have pains to explain?? Do you even know it?

Are you talking about Ceylon or Sri Lanka?? Britishers changed your name to Ceylon and you make absurd arguments like Indians are changing your culture. Get Lost dude!

The most stupid argument on any defence forum. Fool, you should be aware that south Indian culture is more close to yours , The name of Sri Lanka is itself a sankrit one.. Sri is from Shri, prefic to a male personality.

I haven't seen such a ilinformed poster on any defence forum like you are. Buddy, don't reduce the reputations of Sri Lankas, because as I know they are very well informed. But You are not.

India cannot be your friend because India is your Baap .. the culture which you are talking about bounds India and Lanka and our scriptures are incomplete without Lanka. So peace dude and show this stupidity somewhere else.
Sri Lanka have a distinct and unique culture. Sure it has borrowed from both North and South India. But it is unique. Only bigots like you who doesn't accept that.

BTW you think Sri Lanka was the name given to the island? Wrong. Actually British were right. They converted the name people used to call this island to English. Hence the name Ceylon. It derived from the "Sinhale" which means the land of the Sinhalese.

The word Sri Lanka is fairly a modern creation. It was conceived during the 40's to give modern identity to the island.

HeinzGud

Country flag
My previous post gives hardware exports but what about soft ware Bollywood/Tamil movies&TV programs.You cant live without Indian imports.

Don't act smart! you have 70% declining Buddhists,12% Hindus,Increasing 10% Muslims and 8% Xians..... Any moment RIOTS can happen and independent movements erupts.India is master in those games.You already tasted it. :p
Oh we have experienced many uprisings during the lifetime of this country. It's pretty easy to eradicate. If India instigate one again, then it will be the end of either Tamils or Muslims

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!

Can you explain how India is invading in Sri Lanka culturally? I can understand if you charged us of political meddling for strategic reasons but given that we ourselves don't have a homogeneous culture, which culture would we impose on you?

HeinzGud

Country flag
Can you explain how India is invading in Sri Lanka culturally? I can understand if you charged us of political meddling for strategic reasons but given that we ourselves don't have a homogeneous culture, which culture would we impose on you?
Bollywood films, songs and teledramas. Those are cultural invasion. I'm not blaming that on India. But it is a invasion.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Sri Lanka have a distinct and unique culture. Sure it has borrowed from both North and South India. But it is unique. Only bigots like you who doesn't accept that.

BTW you think Sri Lanka was the name given to the island? Wrong. Actually British were right. They converted the name people used to call this island to English. Hence the name Ceylon. It derived from the "Sinhale" which means the land of the Sinhalese.

The word Sri Lanka is fairly a modern creation. It was conceived during the 40's to give modern identity to the island.
If you are a Hindu then you should read scriptures, If you are Buddhist still you should read it! But if you are other than that then I am sorry, I cannot convince you, because the name was already mentioned in Ramayana 5000 years old.

So stop this propaganda of spreading lies.

HeinzGud

Country flag
ha ha ha We want peace in Srilanka now so you are in peace. Politics are not always about BLOOD bath,your govt is okay now you are safe.

btw Chinkis are still cant claim their own South China sea.... .. you are expecting them to save your a$$ in Indian ocean.
What weed you smoking? :pound:
India has no balls to attack Sri Lanka. So there is no need of China.

HeinzGud

Country flag
If you are a Hindu then you should read scriptures, If you are Buddhist still you should read it! But if you are other than that then I am sorry, I cannot convince you, because the name was already mentioned in Ramayana 5000 years old.

So stop this propaganda of spreading lies.
Does it say that the "Lanka" mentioned in Ramayana is the island today we call Sri Lanka. Don't lie.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Bollywood films, songs and teledramas. Those are cultural invasion. I'm not blaming that on India. But it is a invasion.
you are speaking English and watching hollywood movies even your Profile/Account name is German + English. You are already brainwashed!

Don't come up with stupid argument. We know South Indian movies are more famous in Lanka. STOP SPREADING LIES. I have been to Kandy and there is no such thing like what you mention. People with full heart and Mind worship God Vishnu or Sri Lankan Buddhists chant Om Mani Padme Hun.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles