Why Sri Lanka should not sign the Economic and Tecchnology Co-operative Agreement (ETCA) with India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Rightly said. When SriLanka turns to our side, Nepal goes to China and vice versa. Why both are not friendly towards India at the same time?!
Actually, both are friendly towards China and India at same time.
It's not only Sri Lanka, Nepal also has very close relationship with China and their thankless journos also bash India at intervals of strengthening partnership with China.
At the time of need, they both become friendly to India.
Other such country is Bangladesh (taking help of both China and India).
They wanna ride two countries at sane time.

Superdefender

Actually, both are friendly towards China and India at same time.
It's not only Sri Lanka, Nepal also has very close relationship with China and their thankless journos also bash India at intervals of strengthening partnership with China.
At the time of need, they both become friendly to India.
Other such country is Bangladesh (taking help of both China and India).
They wanna ride two countries at sane time.
Nepal is giving more trouble now-a-days despite of long cultural & historical link to India. After new Govt., SriLanka is tilting towards India unlike previous regime. They cancel JF-17 & selected an Indian company to build one of their important ports, thus nullifying Chinese efforts. Modi visited twice to Nepal and went to Pashupatinath temple too. Still Nepal suspects us. Unfortunate

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Nepal is giving more trouble now-a-days despite of long cultural & historical link to India. After new Govt., SriLanka is tilting towards India unlike previous regime. They cancel JF-17 & selected an Indian company to build one of their important ports, thus nullifying Chinese efforts. Modi visited twice to Nepal and went to Pashupatinath temple too. Still Nepal suspects us. Unfortunate
Money buddy money, money has no culture.
That is why Arabian and Central Asian countries have also started leaning towards us. :biggrin2:
Don't be sad, winning and losing is all part of the scenario. A lot more will happen in coming years. :devil:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Nepali have aspirations and we should respect that.
Same with Sri Lanka.

India is not blocking progress of neighbours.

India has own priorities in terms of projects it wants to fund. If Nepali get Chinese help, let them.

We should always welcome road and rail links. India should have built rail in Nepal. I think it should do it now.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Okay we won't push anymore. :biggrin2:
And SL will end up crawling like Nepal into UN.
Do you know how India is trying to push LCA and LCH in SLAF?
By blocking aid given to Sri Lanka.
And your government leans to us in many cases for this aid obviously, you guys are also, pulling this aid from us if we are pushing it to you.
Indian aid? LOL. Sri Lanka can do without the so called Indian aid packages.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Why do you think so?? Did Indian government send Sukhoi to bomb Colombo??
Indian government has no balls to send Sukhois to Sri Lanka. Don't visualize cat as a lion. When India actually sent Sukhois to Sri Lanka, then we will talk.

Good ,now do not come begging for economic aid or agreement on fishing in disputed water ,we can also follow the Chinese way on building island .
Sri Lanka don't need Indian aid. That's the main point. Current gov. of Sri Lanka has screwed itself bad and they have no other lender to turn to. That' why they go for India. The new gov. won't be having that issue.

Moreover, Sri Lanka has accepted India aid before not because Sri Lanka really needed it but because India whined much about Chinese investments in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka tried to appease the two giants at the same time. It's all about strategy rather than money.

Your people should thank us because we are not shooting the trespasses. If we do that the fishing problem would be end within days.

garg_bharat

Country flag
So you have accepted Indian money but still dissatisfied.

India has no balls but you have no dignity. Which is worse?

The fishermen issue will ultimately snowball into a major issue. What will happen is hard to say. I can only tell you that there are multiple options.

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian government has no balls to send Sukhois to Sri Lanka. Don't visualize cat as a lion. When India actually sent Sukhois to Sri Lanka, then we will talk.
we changed your countries President without lifting single Finger.

I know you guys are Dancing because your Paki and Chinese Masters, but Remember when we come for you. nobody is going to save you.

Both are Far Far Away for your Country.:india2:

i believe that LAnka is Part of India and you guys should join us again, Mother India is waiting for you:india:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Indian aid? LOL. Sri Lanka can do without the so called Indian aid packages.
If you could do without aid packages, your government wouldn't have been licking our feet for aid and promising for accepting defense deals in response. :nono:
Remember, HDI and per capita income of Ceylon is higher because their proportion of aid to population is larger. Otherwise, countries who aid you have no substantial loss in aiding you .
India is one of them. :biggrin2:
Never, only SLidiot will think that Ceylon is worthy of even wasting power. :biggrin2:
We don't need to Sukhois for you guys. :taunt2:
Sri Lanka don't need Indian aid. That's the main point.
It would fall in league of LDC countries if doesn't receive aid for few years.
Current gov. of Sri Lanka has screwed itself bad and they have no other lender to turn to. That' why they go for India. The new gov. won't be having that issue.
Actually, they aren't stupid like you to
To tie up with thousands of kilometres away a country China who is trying to get room in IOR and they have common sense for
tying up with and giant neighbor in their backyard who controls this region like a rail engine pulls the rest of train.
Moreover, Sri Lanka has accepted India aid before not because Sri Lanka really needed it but because India whined much about Chinese investments in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka tried to appease the two giants at the same time. It's all about strategy rather than money.
India aids dozens of other countries including neighbors, Africa, some in central Asia, Syria and Mongolia etc..
And so is China.
Why sticking to two giants when one can clear your path. And given geographic positions, India is better partner for Ceylon than China.

You want to end trade deficit with India with help of China. But you know this India has itself to suffer from deficit when it comes to trade with China. What they will do with you guys then?
Think over it. :biggrin2:
Your people should thank us because we are not shooting the trespasses. If we do that the fishing problem would be end within days.
Ya ya, thank you for not backstabbing like Pakistan, Myanmar and Nepal.
And also more thanks for creating trouble in our South block.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
i believe that LAnka is Part of India and you guys should join us again, Mother India is waiting for you:india:
Why only Lanka? Let's Unite our beautiful Greater India once again after 5500 years.
akhanda-bharat.png

But I guess China won't be much happy if we annex Tibet too. :peace:
But I guess our bestest friend @amoy won't mind it because China claims an entire sea just because they had it 2000 years ago. :china::india:

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
The Lankans need to chill, no use making an enemy out of India, as for balls, don't need to test ours, ask the Pakis on what happens everytime they tried. As for Chinese, they have plenty of enemies without India even trying, they won't get past South China Sea without being hunted left and right.

Last edited:

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why only Lanka? Let's Unite our beautiful Greater India once again after 5500 years.
View attachment 8024
Nah be realistic, Pakis are filthy Mongrels we don't want to Pollute our blood with these low class mellchas.

as you know India claims all lands of Mauryan Empire (Flag and emblem) and it's our Duty to Annex all Lands once Mauryan Empire Controlled.

Afghans. Bangladesis and Pakis should be our colony. only Lanka, Nepal, Maldives and some parts of Bangladesh(Indo-Aryan) should by part of our country.

AnantS

Country flag
I think Srilanka is very right to defend its industries. I think Indian industries could base manfacturing sites in Sri lanka instead of Bangladesh and use its ports for more export. Sri Lanka could give TAX Holidays to Indian companies for few years. Lankan Tea would be appreciated by INidans too, but I think Tea industry within India is sick because of Labour union issues. Indian Govt would try to protect the same.

Peeps lets not bring 5000 year old history over here. Time have changed. I think Indian subcontinent needs to come up as economic powerhouse, like EU or ASEAN. Bangladesh and Sri lanka have right intentions. They have right and duty to grow economically and stand on their own feet.

@HeinzGud India does not need to send Sukhoi 30. Last time Sri lanka tried to finger India, Lanka was at war with itself for decades ;)

HeinzGud

Country flag
I think Srilanka is very right to defend its industries. I think Indian industries could base manfacturing sites in Sri lanka instead of Bangladesh and use its ports for more export. Sri Lanka could give TAX Holidays to Indian companies for few years. Lankan Tea would be appreciated by INidans too, but I think Tea industry within India is sick because of Labour union issues. Indian Govt would try to protect the same.

Peeps lets not bring 5000 year old history over here. Time have changed. I think Indian subcontinent needs to come up as economic powerhouse, like EU or ASEAN. Bangladesh and Sri lanka have right intentions. They have right and duty to grow economically and stand on their own feet.

@HeinzGud India does not need to send Sukhoi 30. Last time Sri lanka tried to finger India, Lanka was at war with itself for decades ;)
Sri Lanka will always welcome Indian industries. But I don't think Sri Lanka will ever open it's service sector to India. It's pretty obvious why Sri Lanka is reluctant to open it's service industry.

Moreover, Sri Lanka never tried to finger India. Sri Lanka knows her capacity within the subcontinent. You people should study more about what happened before commenting here. Refueling the Paki aircraft has nothing to do with Indian help on LTTE.

HeinzGud

Country flag
we changed your countries President without lifting single Finger.

I know you guys are Dancing because your Paki and Chinese Masters, but Remember when we come for you. nobody is going to save you.

Both are Far Far Away for your Country.:india2:

Yeah you have changed the president. I agree. But you couldn't even achieve your goals yet. Moreover Sri Lankans have now realized what happend and they are waiting for the next election. As the saying goes, "You can win battles but you can't win the war".

HeinzGud

Country flag
So you have accepted Indian money but still dissatisfied.

India has no balls but you have no dignity. Which is worse?

The fishermen issue will ultimately snowball into a major issue. What will happen is hard to say. I can only tell you that there are multiple options.
Sri Lanka never wanted Indian money in the first place. It was India that jumped in because China was investing in Sri Lanka at that time. Indian investment in Sri Lanka for the past 5 years had no significant impact on Sri Lanka whatsoever.

I don't understand what you meant by having no dignity. Care to elaborate?

Yeah there are multiple options for the fishermen issue. But the only effective one is shooting the trespassers. What you have to understand here is that those fishermen are not the ones who get lost in the sea and drift to Sri Lankan side. They are purposefully violating IMBL for a better catch.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
View attachment 8024
But I guess our bestest friend @amoy won't mind it because China claims an entire sea just because they had it 2000 years ago. :china::india:
I've seen many different maps of this 'Akhand Bharat' concept. Some maps show Tibet, some maps don't show Tibet. IDK when Tibet was ideologically inclined towards being part of a greater India. Despite being a Buddhist nation, there was little people to people contact, intermingling or intermarriages between Tibet and India. By 'India' I am colloquially referring to 'brown people of the subcontinent'. The Malay people in Singapore have more in common with Indian than the Tibetans do.

Even during 200 year British rule, they never annexed Tibet, but simply used it as a puppet buffer state between India and China. I'll be happy if Sri Lanka becomes a part of India though, through popular goodwill. This one move will suddenly add millions of Buddhists and Hindus to our system and help us maintain a demographic advantage over others.

@HeinzGud What, according to you, was the reason for India-Lanka acrimony which eventually led to the civil war in Lanka? Most simplistic narratives on our side pin the blame on Sri Lanka's affinity towards Pakistan as a trigger for deterioration of relations (in addition to other foreign players). Would love to hear your version of why you think India felt the need to intervene in Lanka?

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Sri Lanka never wanted Indian money in the first place. It was India that jumped in because China was investing in Sri Lanka at that time. Indian investment in Sri Lanka for the past 5 years had no significant impact on Sri Lanka whatsoever.

I don't understand what you meant by having no dignity. Care to elaborate?

Yeah there are multiple options for the fishermen issue. But the only effective one is shooting the trespassers. What you have to understand here is that those fishermen are not the ones who get lost in the sea and drift to Sri Lankan side. They are purposefully violating IMBL for a better catch.
I doubt India will throw money as Indian system does not allow that. Money in the form of aid or loans is given only if requested, and processing of such requests takes time and it goes through several levels of govt.

So you first stop your lies.

You ask your govt. Why it requested aid from Indian govt.

After you do that, I shall answer your other questions.

And keep your dirty internal politics within your island.

HeinzGud

Country flag
If you could do without aid packages, your government wouldn't have been licking our feet for aid and promising for accepting defense deals in response. :nono:

Remember, HDI and per capita income of Ceylon is higher because their proportion of aid to population is larger. Otherwise, countries who aid you have no substantial loss in aiding you .
India is one of them. :biggrin2:
Current Maithreepala-Ranil government is asking aid from India because they have screwed the economy up and no one is ready lend any money to them. They even antagonized China early for petty reasons and now China is not ready to give any concessions to Sri Lanka.

This trend is going to end with the current government. The next government, which will undoubtedly be led by Mahinda Rajapaksha; won't be having that problem.

Never, only SLidiot will think that Ceylon is worthy of even wasting power. :biggrin2:
We don't need to Sukhois for you guys. :taunt2:
I think that's why India wasted time and money on changing Sri Lanka president and now trying very hard to sign the ICTA agreement.

Actually, they aren't stupid like you to
To tie up with thousands of kilometres away a country China who is trying to get room in IOR and they have common sense for
tying up with and giant neighbor in their backyard who controls this region like a rail engine pulls the rest of train.

Sri Lanka is not seeking a military assistance from China. Sri Lanka is merely trying to attract Chinese investors into Sri Lanka in order to develop the country. There are no ulterior motives behind that.

India aids dozens of other countries including neighbors, Africa, some in central Asia, Syria and Mongolia etc..
And so is China.
Why sticking to two giants when one can clear your path. And given geographic positions, India is better partner for Ceylon than China.
There is a difference between aid and investment. I think you should look it up.

You want to end trade deficit with India with help of China. But you know this India has itself to suffer from deficit when it comes to trade with China. What they will do with you guys then?
Think over it. :biggrin2:
China has invested in Sri Lanka on enough project. Those can drive us through hard times. That is what countries like Sri Lanka needs from friends. Not empty promises and talks.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles