Why some Indians don't accept Roma

DingDong

Country flag
May I know why Romas would come to India leaving behind their comfortable lives in first world European countries? Indians accept everybody, it is very easy to melt in an Indian crowd, but unfortunately not many Indians know about Romas.

pmaitra

Some of them are rather popular in Europe. We should popularize them in India.

Cher Lloyd

Soul83

May I know why Romas would come to India leaving behind their comfortable lives in first world European countries? Indians accept everybody, it is very easy to melt in an Indian crowd, but unfortunately not many Indians know about Romas.
I dont know about other romas (everyone should live where he likes it and is legal etc.) but i could imagine myself in india, in delhi etc. if i could find a job to support a decent quality of life. a indian friend told me delhi got everything, fitness centers, shopping malls, night life, etc. it is a big metropole. but the only thing which could hold me back would be pollution and too much heat, a deadly combo and if it is not safe or democratic/rule of law etc. i think india is on a good path to, and has a rising middle class.

pmaitra

I dont know about other romas (everyone should live where he likes it and is legal etc.) but i could imagine myself in india, in delhi etc. if i could find a job to support a decent quality of life. a indian friend told me delhi got everything, fitness centers, shopping malls, night life, etc. it is a big metropole. but the only thing which could hold me back would be pollution and too much heat, a deadly combo and if it is not safe or democratic/rule of law etc. i think india is on a good path to, and has a rising middle class.
If heat is the problem, you could do well in Himachal Pradesh or Uttarkhand. You would also fit in there, because the folks out there are 'white' like you.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Racist or Not it is always hard to be accepted in a society when you are a 5 th wheel, such a respect so as to be called as one of their own must be garnered by deeds and behavioral adjustments. I dont know what romas do or how they live in europe but definitely it sounds like they have a different culture and rituals (even though they have accepted Xianity). there is only one country in the world where they used to allow such a coexistent (yes that's is our own motherland- ) but the romas left that country centuries ago ...so hard luck.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Come to mumbai. its much better than delhi(law & order) and its too a metropolitan city.

Eesh

Soul, your complaints are endless. If every Roma is as pestering as you, then I would not like them near me.

hitesh

:lol:When I read Roma i thought its about the busty European aunty named Roma in the DFI . Any ways ,talking about cool weather you cant miss my Uttarakhand state, 250 km form Delhi comes my city which was also called in beetles song . My bungalow is near by a river so its always cold there specially at night & some time I could witness some paranormal activities in the midnight on full moon :scared2: although i don't care much about ghosts but hate killing local leopards if we ever came across with my iron fist which I burned a bit while firing some military grade crackers last divali :rolleyes:.

Eesh

@hitesh

Welcome to keep him with you, but keep him out of circulation. He has a potential of ruining pristine UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles