Why Pakistani always keep on saying Insha'Allah?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Whenever I have talked or listen to Pakistanis they always say Insha'Allah!!! At least once or twice in sentence? Even when communicating in English?
I fail to understand why???

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Whenever I have talked or listen to Pakistanis they always say Insha'Allah!!! At least once or twice in sentence? Even when communicating in English?
I fail to understand why???
It means you are new to Pakistani or North Indian Muslim culture

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
For any project given to them, they say Insha'Allah we will do this, Insha'Allah we will do that. Even in there mails/written I have found them using it.
After some time its gets annoying like the use of fillers. Its not just me I have seen many people complain about this.

EXPERT

though ,its not that common in indiam muslims.they keep this normal.

bose

Country flag
though ,its not that common in indiam muslims.they keep this normal.
Observe Sharukh Khan he used the word quite often... Generally all Muslims including Indians too uses the word...

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The problem of saying continuously Insha'Allah while speaking is that it diverts the attention of the listener who is not habituated to listen to these fillers from core issue about which you are speaking.

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Observe Sharukh Khan he used the word quite often... Generally all Muslims including Indians too uses the word...
I have talked with a lot Indian Muslims. They never ssen them use such fillers while having a business talk. At personal level I don't know much.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
I have talked with a lot Indian Muslims. They never use such fillers while having a business talk. At personal level I don't know much.
Yes in any business conversation have to be professional... it does not find acceptable to use in such context...

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I have also experienced the same, among Pakis, Inshallah appears every 2 or 3 sentences. I have rarely, if ever, had a conversation with an Indian Muslim in which he/she used that word. Maybe it is only used between Muslims. In any case, in a professional situation, the constant use of the word does get annoying. Leave your Allah at home or in your heart, your boss and your colleagues want to hear you make a commitment regardless of whether "God is willing" or not.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I have also experienced the same, among Pakis, Inshallah appears every 2 or 3 sentences. I have rarely, if ever, had a conversation with an Indian Muslim in which he/she used that word. Maybe it is only used between Muslims. In any case, in a professional situation, the constant use of the word does get annoying. Leave your Allah at home or in your heart, your boss and your colleagues want to hear you make a commitment regardless of whether "God is willing" or not.
God is good in his place but everytime using these phrases means lack of confidence in ones own self.

In India these phrases are not used much.

natarajan

only hardcore people in india are like that,mostly 50 % wont use much

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
God is good in his place but everytime using these phrases means lack of confidence in ones own self.

In India these phrases are not used much.
Funny thing is that these phrases are used freely even by supposedly educated middle class Pakistanis. I have never heard any Hindu colleagues use "Ram Bharose" or Christians use "Jesus willing" or anything similar, this only happens among Muslims. Another thing you hear is the constant use of "Allah Hafiz". It's like religion permeates every single fiber of their personality and thinking, hence they would not make for ideal employees.

An ideal worker should be a free thinker, rational and non-biased but if you're so steeped in a particular ideology, then you're automatically none of the above.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No, I use the terms when speaking with another member of my community. Outside of it even with other muslims, I rarely. Never in my business dealings I think. What inhave seen among Indian muslims is that they use it amongst themselves and not everywhere. SRK is really is a bad example to take as he is a fake and play acts and probably plays to a gallery.

gokussj9

Country flag
Another thing you hear is the constant use of "Allah Hafiz". It's like religion permeates every single fiber of their personality and thinking, hence they would not make for ideal employees.
It used to be Khuda Hafiz in subcontinent due to persian influence but as Arab imperialism is taking over slowly, it is being replaced by Allah Hafiz.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It used to be Khuda Hafiz in subcontinent due to persian influence but as Arab imperialism is taking over slowly, it is being replaced by Allah Hafiz.
It still is Khuda Hafiz for me any many others. It use to be so for other muslims as well till a few years ago when Allah Hafiz started to get used. Petro dollars has had a lot of affect on Indian culture and ways.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned

So what ? imperialism is imperialism and that is why I hold the view that indian muslims ( or for that matter any muslims ) are carriers of either arab or persian imperialism in their high culture.

Aligarh Muslim University has songs dedicated to shiraz morning and evening at cairo.

this is why iqbal had said that jism hindustani hai to kya hua dil to hijaji hai.

datguy79

Well, "goodbye" itself is derived from the old English "god be with ye". It is less religious and more of a universal cultural phenomenon.

We use either Khuda Hafez or "ba aman khuda", whichever comes to mind.

Shirman

Country flag
OK so after a long time finally i get to post my post here on DFI

Yes Pakis use Inshallah or Insha'Allah because it was most frequently used by members of Muslim league of Maullana Mohammed ali Jouhar and Iqbal the poet most heroically known to Pakis as Allama Iqbal.........hence for eg:- do members here know paki national anthem it starts as God says.....Inshallah.....Chechens say Mashallax and Morrocans say Incha-allah at least i have heard them saying in this particular way.......

As for Shahrukh "Goat Shit" KHAN it doesn't matter if he says Inshallah, Mashallah, Subanallah or Bas Kar Allah from his foul mouth.....Sushmita Sen...Vidya Balan etc say due to ''Dubai connection".......:rolleyes:

Dawoodi Bohra community which @Yusuf belong to does't say Inshallah normally unless they are GCC or Pakistani Karachi based Bohra community........

Ask @Agnostic Muslim he might further give u people more insight into his culture............

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles