Why marriage?

blank_quest

Country flag
As a Modern Concept of World View blips infront of us, Why should we acknowledge the archaic concept of Marriage?

It is based on Religious Rituals!

If we need to be free from dogmas we must break away from Religious Rituals ,

so why maintain the institution of Marriage that is the outcome of Religious Ritual ?

:hmm: Just a thought !

datguy79

As a Modern Concept of World View blips infront of us, Why should we acknowledge the archaic concept of Marriage?

It is based on Religious Rituals!

If we need to be free from dogmas we must break away from Religious Rituals ,

so why maintain the institution of Marriage that is the outcome of Religious Ritual ?

:hmm: Just a thought !
Men hunt and women nest.

A woman prequisiting a bond before conjugation insures the survival of her progeny, generally.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Marriage is a biological "necessity" which had been accepted by the society even before the advent of religion. No direct relation between religion and marriage.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Shadi woh laddu hai jo khaye woh pashtaye Jo na khaye woh pashtaye!!

I don't think marriage is any new thing. Man has been having such an "institution" from his advent.

amoy

Shadi woh laddu hai jo khaye woh pashtaye Jo na khaye woh pashtaye!!

I don't think marriage is any new thing. Man has been having such an "institution" from his advent.
Not at all. In some remote places people still preserve a matriachal tradition of "No Marriage".

Mosuo People
In get-togethers, young folks woo each other by singing and dancing. Then, a girl invites a boy whom she has a crush on to her room at night and to leave the next morning. But the couple has no rituals like "marriage" nor do they form a separate "family" away from theirs, Their children stay and are raised in the girl's mom's home under a matriarch's supervision (grandma). Such a relationship breaks down when the passIon is gone.

Mosuo women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I travelled to their village once >>> Mosuo girl rowing for us
[/url]
DSCN1724[/IMG]

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Not at all. In some remote places people still preserve a matriachal tradition of "No Marriage".

Mosuo People
In a get-together, young folks woo each other by singing and dancing. Then, a girl invites a boy whom she has a crush on to visit her at night and to leave the next morning. But the couple has no rituals like "marriage" nor do they form a separate "family" away from theirs, Their children stay and are raised in the girl's mom's home under a matriarch's supervision (grandma). Such a relationship breaks down when the passIon is gone.

Mosuo women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I travelled to their village once >>> Mosuo girl rowing for us
[/IMG]
Well it's but an exception not the rule.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Everything revolves around two human beings joining together with tan(Body), Man(Mind/Soul) ,Dhan(Money)

How many people will be able to buy houses without your partner earning? or even giving good education to kids is difficult...

Marriageless society can sustain only in Society without money or any kind of currency or transactions.

Iamanidiot

Marmukattayam system of marriage is not exactly marriage in the modern sense.Similarly the Mosuo women of China.Another example I read is about the Polynesian system where a Bride is prized for her fertility and only after she has a brood of Individuals (through various men)is she considered worthy of marriage.

Through out the various societies in the world Marriage meant various things

Iamanidiot

Everything revolves around two human beings joining together with tan(Body), Man(Mind/Soul) ,Dhan(Money)

How many people will be able to buy houses without your partner earning? or even giving good education to kids is difficult...

Marriageless society can sustain only in Society without money or any kind of currency or transactions.
Islam considers marriage as a secular contract rather than an union between two souls

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

What makes you think price of houses would not come down if no one is buying?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Marriage is another paternalistic intervention of the society to keep people under control.

But this one probably makes sense, because it delivers babies(such an externality) to the world. So marriage forces one to take care of their shit! Although, the Scandinavians are trying to take care of their kids collectively, so that everyone gets equal opportunity. But I am not sure how long it would work or if its a good system.

An interesting talk: WES 2012 Highlights: Professor Steven E. Landsburg - More Sex is Safer Sex and Other Surprises - YouTube
Not especially related to marriage but argues about whether to have kids or not in the second half.

jeeven

while the relationships are going to a burden it creates depression. lack of understanding is the main reason of distance and while the distances cross the limits relationships are becoming a burden so we should try to compromise and understand our relations.

warriorextreme

Country flag
What makes you think price of houses would not come down if no one is buying?
Why would no one will buy? food, clothing and shelter are three basic necessities remember....marriage is loosing ground in western countries but reality prices are not falling down...in monetary system prices never fall down...

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why would no one will buy? food, clothing and shelter are three basic necessities remember....marriage is loosing ground in western countries but reality prices are not falling down...in monetary system prices never fall down...
That is the point I raised, because you asked how many people can afford housing without partner's income. So according to you partner's additional income is needed to buy a house and so if no one is married, that should bring down the housing prices.

Marriage is losing ground in West but people are moving in and even state provides tax benefits to people staying in live-in.

warriorextreme

Country flag
That is the point I raised, because you asked how many people can afford housing without partner's income. So according to you partner's additional income is needed to buy a house and so if no one is married, that should bring down the housing prices.

Marriage is losing ground in West but people are moving in and even state provides tax benefits to people staying in live-in.
Like I said prices never go down....be it property,fuel or food...
Prices do not depend upon people marrying or not..you should watch zeitgeist.

mikhail

Country flag
marriage is something which is a sacred bond between a man and a woman as per the Hindu tradition.there's an old saying in our Hindu religion that"Marriage not only means a relationship between a guy and a girl but it means a relationship between the families of the bride and the bride-groom as well"!but personally i don't believe in marriage as to me marriage means living with the same girl for all your life which is quite a boring concept to me:sarc:.i would rather prefer in a live-in relationship:p

jalsa

marriage is something which is a sacred bond between a man and a woman as per the Hindu tradition.there's an old saying in our Hindu religion that"Marriage not only means a relationship between a guy and a girl but it means a relationship between the families of the bride and the bride-groom as well"!but personally i don't believe in marriage as to me marriage means living with the same girl for all your life which is quite a boring concept to me:sarc:.i would rather prefer in a live-in relationship:p
Marriage is the most useless thing man has ever invented, it is a way for the priests to control the society. In very old days marriages doesn't exist in India, it was Swetakethu or someone like that who first introduced the concept of marriage and we bear the consequences to this day.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Men hunt and women nest.

A woman prequisiting a bond before conjugation insures the survival of her progeny, generally.
So marriage makes sense from a woman's point of view. What's in it for a man?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
These days marriage is for cheating to take over the money of the other, may it be a woman or a man........

There is nothing which is called as LOVE and the teenagers who say that they LOVE someone is just nothing other than "THEIR LUST FOR SEX"......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles