Why is smart card necessary in setup boxes in Indian

anoop_mig25

Country flag
hi i wanted to know why is smart card necessary for setup boxes in Indian.because those provided by local cable operators require them while those provided by dordarshan doesnt requires them.

Is there any site/link which guides to use setup boxes without smart card.I know i may be illegal but can anyboy pm the links.

or any other alternatives

Twinblade

Country flag
hi i wanted to know why is smart card necessary for setup boxes in Indian.because those provided by local cable operators require them while those provided by dordarshan doesnt requires them.

Is there any site/link which guides to use setup boxes without smart card.I know i may be illegal but can anyboy pm the links.

or any other alternatives
That card is like a sim for your set top box. If DD Direct+ set top box do not have cards then in that case the ID would be embedded in the set top box or it will support only free to air channels.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
That card is like a sim for your set top box. If DD Direct+ set top box do not have cards then in that case the ID would be embedded in the set top box or it will support only free to air channels.
Ok thanks for info but can u provide alternative to me.I mean some kind of shortcut.

Second what i had seen in village is that they had dish annenta of another company and even box probably for another company

Global Defence

New threads

Articles