Why is India lagging behind China ?

panduranghari

Dose GOI have $3 trillion US Dollar foreign reserves? or world second largest economy with growth rate of 9.5%? or world biggest cars, electricity, concrete, machinery, Electric, toy, cloths, steel, computer......... producer and exporter? If not, hmmm its lots of debt to pay. other wise when you earn 10trillion tax a year and it increasing at 15% per year. Debt is the least thing that china need to worry about.
US debt is the biggest worry for China.

Chinese premier Wen Jiabao worried about US debt. - Telegraph

In an unusually forthright comment on the health of the US economy, Mr Wen admitted he was "worried" about the safety of China's huge holding of US government debt.
"We have lent huge amounts of money to the United States. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets," Mr Wen added. "To be honest, I am a little bit worried and I would like to... call on the United States to honour its word and remain a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."
Now off you go back to your daddy with your thumb in your mouth crying.

Take this from me now- USA WILL 100% default on its external debt.

panduranghari

BTW where is that arseholtz tony4562. He seems to have crawled back into the hole he came out of.

Country flag
US debt is the biggest worry for China.

Take this from me now- USA WILL 100% default on its external debt.
I use to think Chinese were smart people but they are buying this worthless debt like no tommorow
USA has no intentions of every paying the debt there is no market for the debt but still they buy
can it get any better than this for USA??

panduranghari

I use to think Chinese were smart people but they are buying this worthless debt like no tommorow
USA has no intentions of every paying the debt there is no market for the debt but still they buy
Worse is Fed has made China the preffered buyer of US treasury paper. They can buy direct. no intermediaries required anymore. so no commission to be pain. funny chinese are buying again.

badguy2000

Respected Member
you still misunderstand the meaning of 3 trillion USD.

3 trillion USD is just a tool for Chinese mainly to buy oversea resouce such as oil in MD ,iron ore from Australia and Brazil...

those 3 trilion USD will hardly be used to buy assets or goods from USA,because only a few of CHinese import are from USA.

So, even if 3 trillion USD were to be default, so what?

1. trade between MD /Brazil and CHina would still be on, just with other tools ,such as banner barter transaction or gold,
because China's demand of oil and iron ore is still there and Brazil's demand of CHinese goods is still there too.

panduranghari

What are your suggestions how to do with the money then? Buy gold?:pound:

Currency Agreement for Japan and China

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/business/global/china-and-japan-in-currency-agreement.html?_r=1
When people cannot post anything sensible, they should refrain from posting. Stop making a fool of yourself. You are already considered a village idiot, do you want the title of court jester too?

People like you have no clue of what happens around themselves. They have no ability to question the prevailing thought process. Fortunately my mother brought me up right, so I follow the law but I always question things. That is a sign of becoming mature. I feel sorry for you and your brethren. I however do not pity you.

Posting an article without giving any critique is an easiest way out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would just like to remind that it takes all sorts to make this world.

Intelligent, average, village idiots and court jesters.

So, why remind people?

Some don't appreciate! ;)

Peace!

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, india government is extremely is short of efficiency....its democratic system is not fit for execution....its caste system stll hold back the development.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
well, india government is extremely is short of efficiency....its democratic system is not fit for execution....its caste system stll hold back the development.
Indian government is not efficient, agreed - but how is "caste system" holding back development? That is pure nonsense.

Let me know why you think "caste system" still holds sway in India, and strong enough to "block development" - and how exactly?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Indian government is not efficient, agreed - but how is "caste system" holding back development? That is pure nonsense.

Let me know why you think "caste system" still holds sway in India, and strong enough to "block development" - and how exactly?
well, aren't votes in rural INdia controlled by landlords? aren't most of landlords are Brahmans or Kshatriya?

don't brahmans and Kshatriyas tend to keep their privileges?

can low castes have chance to upgrade themselve,if they stay their home?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
well, aren't votes in rural INdia controlled by landlords? aren't most of landlords are Brahmans or Kshatriya?

don't brahmans and Kshatriyas tend to keep their privileges?

can low castes have chance to upgrade themselve,if they stay their home?
You should not make statements without knowing about it.

First of all, votes in rural India are not "controlled by landlords". How are they "controlled by landlords"? You need to stop pulling "facts" out of your behind. :sad:

The biggest landowners in my state (Karnataka) are a community called "Gowdas", who are classified under "OBCs" (other backward castes). The biggest landowners in some other regions are also OBCs (e.g. Yadavs, Reddys, etc.). Brahmins tend to have little or no land in rural areas in South India, and to a lesser extent, in North India too.

And India had a reasonably successful land redistribution and land reform program, unlike your wh0re Paksitan. On the whole, India is not a feudal society any longer, unlike your taller-deeper Pakisatan.

Again, stop pulling stuff out of your behind, which you have no idea of. There are enough problems that India has, which you can point to, without resorting to wild guesses with half-baked information.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Dose GOI have $3 trillion US Dollar foreign reserves? or world second largest economy with growth rate of 9.5%? or world biggest cars, electricity, concrete, machinery, Electric, toy, cloths, steel, computer......... producer and exporter? If not, hmmm its lots of debt to pay. other wise when you earn 10trillion tax a year and it increasing at 15% per year. Debt is the least thing that china need to worry about.
Can CCP tap that $3t or is it tied up as guarantees on npls. No one knows what China's economy is since they don't have good accounting. When GDP is based off investment, railroad capacity and electricity production then you know your books are pretty messed up. :rofl:

Making a bunch of buildings no one can afford to live in doesn't make you a great country.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
British Colonists are the worst enemy of India and China in the history.
BTW, China is luckier than India at that time.

India's Deindustrialization in the 18th and 19th Centuries
http://www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/orourkek/Istanbul/JGWGEHNIndianDeind.pdf
India's 18th and 19th Century Deindustrialization
Brad DeLong: India's 18th and 19th Century Deindustrialization
these so-called "british colonialists" as you have called them ) are hosting an ethnic Indian population of close to two million - and increasing - so the relationship is changing and improving .....just today one of the indian shop -owners near our office told me he is leaving for britain to settle there !

Last edited:

Koovie

these so-called "british colonialists" as you have called them ) are hosting an ethnic Indian population of close to two million - and increasing - so the relationship is changing and improving .....just today one of the indian shop -owners near our office told me he is leaving for britain to settle there !

So what? they have plundered and looted India, killed thousands of innocent people and thats a fact. I dont care about those people who left India decades ago.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
I haven't read all the posts because there are too many.

China's growth has been spectacular and obviously the process has been very complex. But for the sake of this post here's my overly simplified view:
1. Obviously the credit goes to China's leadership. The CCP's greatest attributes are their ability to learn, plan, execute and adjust. All of their successes thus far can be traced back to these core values in one way or another.

2. Investment into infrastructure. I have no doubt that a massive investment into nationwide infrastructure is by far the best move a developing nation can make. I also consider education to be a structural factor, and here too China has done an excellent job in educating the masses.

3. Astute policy making: The Chinese establishment has been brilliant when it comes to designing policy. I'm particularly impressed by the astute foreign policy which has enabled them to expand rapidly into Africa, Central Asia and South America giving them total control over natural resources and complete domination of the markets. Having said that this will eventually backfire because the above mentioned factors are indicative of a ruthless mercantile economy, which is exactly what China is. But this won't happen for at least 3 decades, giving China the time they need to become a developed nation.

4. Points 2 and 3 are responsible for China's greatest strength... industrial capacity. China's industrial capabilities have grown at an extremely impressive rate and I have no doubt they will catch up to developed nations within the next 2 decades. I'm not a believer in the whole post-industrial society nonsense. Industrial production is still the best macroeconomic tool to maintain a healthy middle class. Needless to say China has made great advances here.

India has not succeeded in any of these critical areas and hence this is why China will eventually catch up with the developed world and India won't.

Yes, the Indian government is very inefficient. It also seems that the democratic process is a retardant. However it isn't. As bad and as chaotic as the Indian system of democracy appears to be it has actually improved over time. Yes, the Indian society is still heavily marred by things like the caste system, however if you examine the past six decades, India's democratic process has improved considerably and I am fairly certain that it will continue to do so.

True liberty through democracy is still the hardest achievement for any society; this was also the defining factor of the West's categorical supremacy after the 17th century. To date there has been no other society as large and as heterogeneous as India's to have succeeded at the democratic experiment. The dividends of a successful democratic society will be unparalleled in the long run, and the heterogeneity which now appears to be a burden will eventually become a strength because it serves as a never ending source of fuel for societal vibrancy.

Honestly this hope of China eventually turning into a democratic society is delusional. China as a society is actually moving away from true democracy, granted the allure of material success currently makes it appear irrelevant. But eventually it will become very, very relevant. Yes, from a day to day perspective of the common man, palpable material gains leading to an improved quality of life is far more important than achieving democracy, and as I said earlier, this may seem irrelevant in the short term. However if you see, the oil rich states of the middle east are very much as par with the West when it comes to structural and material wealth, however there will always be a difference between their identity as autocratic states compared to the democratic Western nations.

no smoking

Country flag
Yes, the Indian government is very inefficient. It also seems that the democratic process is a retardant. However it isn't. As bad and as chaotic as the Indian system of democracy appears to be it has actually improved over time. Yes, the Indian society is still heavily marred by things like the caste system, however if you examine the past six decades, India's democratic process has improved considerably and I am fairly certain that it will continue to do so.
There is no doubt that India could finally put its system into the right track. But the question is how long it will take. India is facing a different risk from China. China's problem is that it is moving too fast that may not give its system enough time to make adjustment to cop with the internal change. India, however, is moving too slow that may not be able to grasp the opportunity.

Honestly this hope of China eventually turning into a democratic society is delusional. China as a society is actually moving away from true democracy, granted the allure of material success currently makes it appear irrelevant. But eventually it will become very, very relevant. Yes, from a day to day perspective of the common man, palpable material gains leading to an improved quality of life is far more important than achieving democracy, and as I said earlier, this may seem irrelevant in the short term. However if you see, the oil rich states of the middle east are very much as par with the West when it comes to structural and material wealth, however there will always be a difference between their identity as autocratic states compared to the democratic Western nations.
As a chinese, I have a opposite opinion that China as a society is actually moving TOWARDS true democracy even though the speed is very slow. There is no argument among chinese (including CCP) that democracy is the final destination. The only question is how far we should go for each step. The political reform is always processed, but just a metre by a metre. From the surface, you may not see anything but CCP is holding all the power. But the fact is that CCP is bring more and more democractic factor into its decision making. For most of foreigners, it is understandable that you cannot see it: if you have no clue of origial power execution, you certainly won't understand the meaning behind CCP's each structural change.

I won't say that CCP is willing to step down smoothly when the time comes. But they are just not foolish enough to fight against the tide NOW.

singa

I am Singapore Chinese. I think mostly it is because of the government and culture, not skin.

Inida will not catch up on China and I give you one word for reason: race. To this day, no country with dark-skinned majority population has managed to develop into a modern society. If you look at the newly industrialized countries(regions) in Asia, Taiwan, Singapore, Hongkong, S.Korea all have pale.skinned north east asians as majority population, not to mention Japan. Do you think that is a coincidence that the Phillipines have failed to develope a tiger economy despite of having all the same 'ingredients' Taiwan or S.Korea had? In fact, the ranking of Asean countries in GDP per capital fully matches the percentage ranking of chinese as a share of the local population (Singapore > Malysia > Thailand > Indonesia), is that merely a coincidence? generally pale skin equals high IQ, and a society needs to have a 90 average in order to develop. All east asian countries score 100 or above whereas south asian or southeast asian countries all score 90 or less, there is just no comparison.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles