Why is France China's favorite tourist destination?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Tony,

Stop talking about the citizenship of Armand. Discuss the points not the member. Don't derail the thread anymore. You are forewarned.

J20!

Country flag
That is why they are desperate to learn English and pay a King's ransom to learn it and also whine that Indians know it because the British ruled India.

Typical Chinese whimpering to justify being ignorant and looking silly!

Chinese no good in world not Chinese and money not come without trade with world. China not centre of world. Onlee small speck on horizon!

Parlez-vous français? ?

Na parle Sylheti!

Ask pmaitra what that means! :rofl:
Boastful as per usual. Ne pas nous sous-estimer. Je parle couramment le français ... Demander avant de faire des hypothèses sur les gens.

I know Chinese people in our company that speak Setswana, a Southern African nation's cultural tounge. Maybe you need a translation, so I'll say it again in English, do not make assumptions you cant back up.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Boastful as per usual. Ne pas nous sous-estimer. Je parle couramment le français ... Demander avant de faire des hypothèses sur les gens.

I know Chinese people in our company that speak Setswana, a Southern African nation's cultural tounge. Maybe you need a translation, so I'll say it again in English, do not make assumptions you cant back up.
''

Tsauna?

All Chinese speak it?

Good.

Maybe this will help to clear your cobwebs

Chinese kids flock to US c&s to learn English

Beijing Driven by obsession to impart English language to their children, thousands of Chinese parents are sending them to US summer c&s to enable their wards to compete with their American counterparts, PTI quoted the staterun China Dailyas reporting on Sunday.

The children will be flying across the Pacific spending about USD 5,000 each to gain an opportunity to play with US students, attend summer classes, and importantly, speak English, the daily quoted.

More than 60,000 children will fly off abroad and at home for an immersion program this year alone, it said. Summer c&s in the US are turning out to be latest strategy for Chinese parents who want a better future for their children.
The Free Press: Chinese kids flock to US c&s to learn English
Mad about English: Chinese flock to learn

BEIJING–For 74-year-old Yang Jing Xiu, it all began one afternoon when his 4-year-old grandson, Dadi, returned home from kindergarten and uttered the word "tiger" – in English.

Then, a few days later, Dadi came through the door to say the word, "panda."

Then came "peach."

And later, "banana."

Yang Jing Xiu was mystified and delighted by his tiny grandson's utterances.

So he decided to enrol him in evening classes at Beijing's New Oriental English school for twice-a-week English lessons, six hours per week.

"He was only 4," Yang recalls. "He had to take a bus. So I went with him."

In class, the teachers would allow parents – in Yang's case, the grandparent – to sit behind the children and listen.

And so began Yang Jing Xiu's love affair with the English language.

It's ultimately what led him, a few years later, to co-found the Golden Age English Salon, a weekly, daylong session of English instruction and conversation at this city's Chaoyang District Library.

Every Saturday morning, about 100 local people show up, keen to learn.

It's one of more than 400 locations around Beijing where people gather to learn and speak English.

"More and more Chinese people are crazy about learning English," says Michael Chang, a tall, lean, 33-year-old food and liquor salesman who turned up one recent Saturday with a few friends to hone his English skills.

What's a 33-year-old doing in a club called the Golden Years English Salon?

"We are the fresh blood," he smiles.

http://www.thestar.com/article/297610--mad-about-english-chinese-flock-to-learn

True to form. as a Chinese poster, you had to go tangential and obfuscate the issue.

The issue was English and not Tsuana or Esperanto!

The above will indicate how desperate you all are to learn English!

And it also show that the Chinese poster who wrote that being Chinese it was adequate to know Chinese and not is again indicating how you all lie through your teeth. These articles above indicate the mad and obscene rush to learn English!

So, before you obfuscate and spread irrelevance, pause and realise how you are not being to the point and instead being Tony Lumpkin!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

''

Tsauna?

All Chinese speak it?

Good.

Chinese kids flock to US c&s to learn English

Beijing Driven by obsession to impart English language to their children, thousands of Chinese parents are sending them to US summer c&s to enable their wards to compete with their American counterparts, PTI quoted the staterun China Dailyas reporting on Sunday.

The children will be flying across the Pacific spending about USD 5,000 each to gain an opportunity to play with US students, attend summer classes, and importantly, speak English, the daily quoted.

More than 60,000 children will fly off abroad and at home for an immersion program this year alone, it said. Summer c&s in the US are turning out to be latest strategy for Chinese parents who want a better future for their children.
The Free Press: Chinese kids flock to US c&s to learn English
Mad about English: Chinese flock to learn

BEIJING–For 74-year-old Yang Jing Xiu, it all began one afternoon when his 4-year-old grandson, Dadi, returned home from kindergarten and uttered the word "tiger" – in English.

Then, a few days later, Dadi came through the door to say the word, "panda."

Then came "peach."

And later, "banana."

Yang Jing Xiu was mystified and delighted by his tiny grandson's utterances.

So he decided to enrol him in evening classes at Beijing's New Oriental English school for twice-a-week English lessons, six hours per week.

"He was only 4," Yang recalls. "He had to take a bus. So I went with him."

In class, the teachers would allow parents – in Yang's case, the grandparent – to sit behind the children and listen.

And so began Yang Jing Xiu's love affair with the English language.

It's ultimately what led him, a few years later, to co-found the Golden Age English Salon, a weekly, daylong session of English instruction and conversation at this city's Chaoyang District Library.

Every Saturday morning, about 100 local people show up, keen to learn.

It's one of more than 400 locations around Beijing where people gather to learn and speak English.

"More and more Chinese people are crazy about learning English," says Michael Chang, a tall, lean, 33-year-old food and liquor salesman who turned up one recent Saturday with a few friends to hone his English skills.

What's a 33-year-old doing in a club called the Golden Years English Salon?

"We are the fresh blood," he smiles.

Mad about English: Chinese flock to learn - thestar.com

True to form. As a Chinese poster, you had to go tangential and obfuscate the issue.

And it also show that the Chinese poster who wrote that being Chinese it was adequate to know Chinese and not English or words to that effect, is again indicating how you all lie through your teeth. These articles above indicate the mad and obscene rush to learn English!

So, before you obfuscate and spread irrelevance, pause and realise how you are not being to the point and instead being Tony Lumpkin!

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
''

Tsauna?

All Chinese speak it?

Good.

True to form. As a Chinese poster, you had to go tangential and obfuscate the issue.

And it also show that the Chinese poster who wrote that being Chinese it was adequate to know Chinese and not English or words to that effect, is again indicating how you all lie through your teeth. These articles above indicate the mad and obscene rush to learn English!

hahaha! And as true to form you bust out a million articles on any topic you think will help your case. You called Chinese people ignorant in replying huaxia who said that Chinese people didnt NEED to learn other languages and that they were something extra in schools, which is true... I did all my French and English courses as extracurriculars. Most Chinese people dont NEED to learn other languages as indians need to learn english. Most Japanese arent fluent in English, are they ignorant too? Even ur road signs are in english...Then you just flew off the rails and said:

"Typical Chinese whimpering to justify being ignorant and looking silly!

Chinese no good in world not Chinese and money not come without trade with world. China not centre of world. Onlee small speck on horizon!

Parlez-vous français? ?

Na parle Sylheti!"

I replied to show you that when need be, we learn whatever language needs learning, in Botswana, we learn Setswana, in Brazil, we learn to woo clients in Portuguese. If that's your respose to being corrected, then please continue. One second you're saying we're all ignorant simpletons and the next you're saying we're "desperate" to learn it. People take courses to educate themselves and open doors, if that's ignorance then you need a dictionary.

PS. If you were reffering to english, then why'd you try to show off with google translate french?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
hahaha! And as true to form you bust out a million articles on any topic you think will help your case. You called Chinese people ignorant in replying huaxia who said that Chinese people didnt NEED to learn other languages and that they were something extra in schools, which is true... I did all my French and English courses as extracurriculars. Most Chinese people dont NEED to learn other languages as indians need to learn english. Most Japanese arent fluent in English, are they ignorant too? Even ur road signs are in english...Then you just flew off the rails and said:

"Typical Chinese whimpering to justify being ignorant and looking silly!

Parlez-vous français? ?

Na parle Sylheti!"

I replied to show you that when need be, we learn whatever language needs learning, in Botswana, we learn Setswana, in Brazil, we learn to woo clients in Portuguese. If that's your respose to being corrected, then please continue. One second you're saying we're all ignorant simpletons and the next you're saying we're "desperate" to learn it. People take courses to educate themselves and open doors, if that's ignorance then you need a dictionary.

PS. If you were reffering to english, then why'd you try to show off with google translate french?
My good friend, either you do not understand English or you enjoy being obtuse by being pretending to be blissfully ignorant.

I wonder if I said Chinese are ignorant. If you feel the Chinese are ignorant, please say it yourself, rather than use my shoulder. And if teh Chinese are ignorant, then let it be so. Let sleeping dogs lie!

You said I should back up. So I backed up with the articles. Now, you must indicate if you are suffering from Alzheimer's. Why the weep and wail that I am appending articles? You asked for it and I obliged. Do make up your mind or are you the confused type?

Your enviousness shows when you state that Indians have to learn English. Indeed, we learn English as a normal course. We are not frog in the well as the Chinese (as Mao had said of Chinese). We have no hang ups in continuing what is a legacy and it is paying us good dividends. For your information, we have to learn three languages as a natural course - English, Hindi and the mother tongue. And none are extracurricular which means not being a wannabe like you learning other languages apart from the Han Chinese just to do business, as you say!

We are not wannabes!

Our road signs are not only in English, but also in Hindi and the State Language and even in Urdu. We want people to reach their destination and we are not like the Chinese who change non Hans into Hans through intimidating, insulting, making one feel small and then destroying their culture, language, customs, traditions, religion till the submit to the Han Cultural arrogance and call themselves as Hans. It has been done historically and you are doing it in Tibet and Xinjiang, but they are giving you a run for your money! In India, no community, language, culture, tradition or custom is trod underfoot to insist that all are one in all ways. NO, we take pride in our multi ethnicity and diversity and celebrate the same. Our attitude is not of arrogance of one over the other wherein we force all to be robotic in approach, stomping around as tin soldiers goose-stepping our way! No sir, we believe in humanity of all!

It may surprise you but we also have Chinese schools doing it the Chinese way. We embrace and celebrate this diversity of which we are proud! They learn English, not to do business either. Just for academic reasons.

You learn foreign languages for you survival - Money - business as you write.

We learn language for our personal pleasure and education.

There lies the difference. You are a materialistic lot and have no desire for academic enlightenment.

I don't have to Google to find out a translation. I, as it is, know many Indian and some foreign languages. I did it for pleasure and not for a career or money making, unlike you since you say you did it for business!

BTW, I don't have to show off with a common French sentence - Parlez vous Français. Everyone knows that much.

And what is more important is that I was educated in French school! ;)

Kar le gal!

This does not mean that I studied in Bal Mukund High School, Ghee Mandi, Amritsar. :rofl:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One second you're saying we're all ignorant simpletons and the next you're saying we're "desperate" to learn it. People take courses to educate themselves and open doors, if that's ignorance then you need a dictionary.
Dont be fraudulent.

If opening doors is your aim, then why English?

Learn Spanish.

With 329 million native speakers, Spanish ranks as the world's No. 2 language in terms of how many people speak it as their first language. It is slightly ahead of English (328 million), but far behind Chinese (1.2 billion).

You know Chinese being the language spoken by the largest group.

Learn Spanish, the second largest language in terms of speakers.

That will 'open doors' to a greater lot of humanity!

You people are really an interesting lot!

You try to turn night into day with pious homilies that are hollow!

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
My good friend, either you do not understand English or you are enjoy being obtuse.

I wonder if I said Chinese are ignorant. If you feel the Chinese are ignorant, please say it yourself, rather than use my shoulder.

You said I should back up. So I backed up with the articles. Now, you must indicate if you are suffering from Alzheimer's.

Your enviousness shows when you state that Indians have to learn English. Indeed, we learn English as a normal course. We are not frog in the well as the Chinese (as Mao had said of Chinese). We have no hang ups in continuing what is a legacy and it is paying us good dividends. For your information, we have to learn three languages as a natural course - English, Hindi and the mother tongue. And none are extracurricular which means being a wannabe like you learning other languages apart from the Han Chinese.

We are not wannabes!

Our road signs are not only in English, but also in Hindi and the State Language and even in Urdu. We want people to reach their destination and we are not like the Chinese who change non Hans into Hans through intimidating, insulting, making one feel small and then destroying their culture, language, customs, traditions, religion till the submit to the Han Cultural arrogance and call themselves as Hans. It has been done historically and you are doing it in Tibet and Xinjiang, but they are giving you a run for your money! In India, no community, language, culture, tradition or custom is trod underfoot to insist that all are one in all ways. NO, we take pride in our multi ethnicity and diversity and celebrate the same. Our attitude is not of arrogance of one over the other wherein we force all to be robotic in approach, stomping around as tin soldiers goose-stepping our way! No sir, we believe in humanity of all!

It may surprise you but we also have Chinese schools doing it the Chinese way. We embrace and celebrate this diversity of which we are proud!

You learn foreign languages for you survival - Money - business as you write.

We learn language for our personal pleasure and education.

There lies the difference. You are a materialistic lot and have no desire for academic enlightenment.

I don't have to Google to find out a translation. I, as it is, know many Indian and some foreign languages. I did it for pleasure and not for a career or money making, unlike you since you say you did it for business!

BTW, I don't have to show off with a common French sentence - Parlez vous Français. Everyone knows that much.

And what is more important is that I was educated in French school! ;)

Kar le gal!

This does not mean that I studied in Bal Mukund High School, Ghee Mandi, Amritsar. :rofl:
I honestly dont know why you're always so aggressive and touchy. You called Chinese people ignorant for not speaking foreign languages:
"Typical Chinese whimpering to justify being ignorant and looking silly!"
I corrected you and you called us all liars:
"And it also show that the Chinese poster who wrote that being Chinese it was adequate to know Chinese and not is again indicating how you all lie through your teeth."
Now you're changing tact and saying we're all materialistic and that we're learning languages for money and that indians learn for leisure and pleasure. Is 74 year old Yang Jing Xiu from your article learning for money. But then you did once say that we're all mindless government drones, so I'm sure he's learning english at the CPC's command.
The average Chinese man or woman doesnt need to learn english. They go to school and get taught everything from science to maths in mandarin, we apply for jobs in mandarin, on our roads, what do you see on signs? Mandarin. We can live and die a happy successful life having not spoken a word of English. You haven't answered the question, Are the majority of Japanese citizens who dont speak english "ignorant and silly"? Or the Koreans?

And why should Chinese citizens "envy" India for bearing the permanent mark of their masters? Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan etc are great nations who have had their OWN language as their "official" languge for centuries and are still among the top teir of the world's nations. Calling us ignorant for not speaking another man's mother tongue is in itself ignorant.

PS: If you're going to insult a member, please address your insult to the poster, not his entire race. I dont know about other Chinese members, but I for one dont appreciate you calling my mother, daughter, grandparents, friends and aquaintences mindless "CPC drones", "materialistic" or "liars". I have never once insulted your kin and friends, I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

J20!

Country flag
Dont be fraudulent.

If opening doors is your aim, then why English?

Learn Spanish.

With 329 million native speakers, Spanish ranks as the world's No. 2 language in terms of how many people speak it as their first language. It is slightly ahead of English (328 million), but far behind Chinese (1.2 billion).

You know Chinese being the language spoken by the largest group.

Learn Spanish, the second largest language in terms of speakers.

That will 'open doors' to a greater lot of humanity!

You people are really an interesting lot!

You try to turn night into day with pious homilies that are hollow!
I once thought you were rational and fair, now I see you'd say anything to avoid admitting you were wrong. So now we're ignorant for learning English? First we're ignorant for not all speaking english, now for not speaking spanish. Ask the Japs to learn Spanish too, we pacific asians are so ignorant for not having European languages as our fiirst language *also fluent in sarcasm*.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I once thought you were rational and fair, now I see you'd say anything to avoid admitting you were wrong. So now we're ignorant for learning English? First we're ignorant for not all speaking english, now for not speaking spanish. Ask the Japs to learn Spanish too, we pacific asians are so ignorant for not having European languages as our fiirst language *also fluent in sarcasm*.

What are you raving about?

You appear disjointed from the approach of the core issue.

I was only responding to your airy fairy tangential points.

Opening doors and other such bilge!

J20!

Country flag
Anyway, getting back to the matter at hand, France, and in particaular Paris, is the biggest tourism city on earth. As many Chinese start enjoying middle income status and can afford to visit this often portrayed wonder, it is only natural that they visit France.

Armand you talk smack about everything Chinese you lay your eyes on, yet you claim to live in China. if its so horrible why choose to make your livelihood in such a terrible country? And why may I ask would you boast about(as you claim) impregnating 3 Chinese women and bolting, if we're all so vile. I see a double standard here.

J20!

Country flag
What are you raving about?

You appear disjointed from the approach of the core issue.

I was only responding to your airy fairy tangential points.

Opening doors and other such bilge!
What? Speaking english doesn't provide job/career and learning opportunities both in China(CCTV , various translator positions, liason possitions etc) and abroad? Isn't that opening doors? I dont see how that statement is false.

And are you still denying calling China ignorant for not speaking western dialect? Plus you still haven't answered my question as to whether the brand of "ignorant" and "envious" applies to other nations such as Japan who have they're own mother tounges as their first languages.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Anyway, getting back to the matter at hand, France, and in particaular Paris, is the biggest tourism city on earth. As many Chinese start enjoying middle income status and can afford to visit this often portrayed wonder, it is only natural that they visit France.
Now that is a very valid reason.

If one has money why not see the destinations that are touted as great.

Not only France, maybe many other spots in Europe.

Very valid!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What? Speaking english doesn't provide job/career and learning opportunities both in China(CCTV , various translator positions, liason possitions etc) and abroad? Isn't that opening doors? I dont see how that statement is false.
Good one.

In China, knowing Chinese opens more doors than knowing English! Or has China discarded Chinese.

Abroad?

Why go abroad when China is said to be the economic centre of the world and is flush with money and opportunities. Well, that is what I thought you people were telling us!

Don't tell me that the Chinese posters were lying through their teeth. Were they?

J20!

Country flag
Good one.

In China, knowing Chinese opens more doors than knowing English! Or has China discarded Chinese.

Abroad?

Why go abroad when China is said to be the economic centre of the world and is flush with money and opportunities. Well, that is what I thought you people were telling us!

Don't tell me that the Chinese posters were lying through their teeth. Were they?
Have YOU been to China? Do YOU work in the corporate environment in China? Have YOU ever applied for a job in China perhaps? Every Chinese citizen in China knows mandarin. Everyone of the millions of college graduates each year speaks mandarin. All competing for jobs in China. If knowing languages spoken by foreign business associates in this very competitive arena is not a competitive advantage and thus an "opened door" to you then I rest my case, you are being deliberately stubborn in attempts to avoid admitting u were wrong...

And please, provide proof of Chinese members saying China is "the economic centre of the world and is flush with money and opportunities and thus no one of Chinese origin seeks opportunities abroad". The EU and the US alone account for almost 30 trillion of the world's combined annual GDP. Who in their right minds would say there are no career opportunities there? And even if some poster was mad enough to say that, why would it apply to the rest of us? Because we're Chinese as well? Adux has said on multiple occassions that he hopes to see all of Beijing and Shanghai turned to glass by nuclear weapons. Is it then safe to assume that every indian member would cherish the death of 30 million people?

J20!

Country flag
I'll ask one more time: Are you still denying calling China ignorant for not speaking western dialect? Plus you still haven't answered my question as to whether the brand of "ignorant" and "envious" applies to other nations such as Japan who have they're own mother tounges as their first languages.
I have to go, but I very much look forward to reading your lengthy denials, round-abouts and attempts at insult.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'll ask one more time: Are you still denying calling China ignorant for not speaking western dialect? Plus you still haven't answered my question as to whether the brand of "ignorant" and "envious" applies to other nations such as Japan who have they're own mother tounges as their first languages.
I have to go, but I very much look forward to reading your lengthy denials, round-abouts and attempts at insult.
A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be your main problem.

Not knowing foreign language is not a sign of ignorance.

It is possible that you are so defensive in approach and feel that everyone in the world hates China, that you, without understanding, assume that the whole world hates China.

The issue was why are Chinese going ot France.

I said because they have given up on English and they were trying their hand at French.

Now if that is an insult, so be it.

What's so insulting about it?

Why are you so insecure?

A competent and self-confident person is incapable of insecurity in anything.

Insecurity is invariably a symptom of neurotic imbalance.

What has Japan to do with all this.

Next you will ask me to comment on the Man in the Moon! :eek:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Have YOU been to China? Do YOU work in the corporate environment in China? Have YOU ever applied for a job in China perhaps? Every Chinese citizen in China knows mandarin. Everyone of the millions of college graduates each year speaks mandarin. All competing for jobs in China. If knowing languages spoken by foreign business associates in this very competitive arena is not a competitive advantage and thus an "opened door" to you then I rest my case, you are being deliberately stubborn in attempts to avoid admitting u were wrong...
It is simple my friend.

If China is offering a market, then those who are keen to invest will have to communicate in Chinese or through interpreters. It is those who are to gain who have to bow.

If I want to do business in France, I will have to learn French. Or else the French would show me the door! Got that, Steve?

And please, provide proof of Chinese members saying China is "the economic centre of the world and is flush with money and opportunities and thus no one of Chinese origin seeks opportunities abroad". The EU and the US alone account for almost 30 trillion of the world's combined annual GDP. Who in their right minds would say there are no career opportunities there? And even if some poster was mad enough to say that, why would it apply to the rest of us? Because we're Chinese as well? Adux has said on multiple occassions that he hopes to see all of Beijing and Shanghai turned to glass by nuclear weapons. Is it then safe to assume that every indian member would cherish the death of 30 million people?
What proof do you want?

Can you not read?

The difference is that Adux is not a 50 cent-er! ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles