Why is China allied with Pakistan?

Country flag
Has Chinese goverment made an official alliance statement?? Most of this
is high hopes of the Pakistanis. China views it as business and nothing more.
China was also considered an ally in the last 4 losing wars by Pakistan it did not
help much?

t_co

Not the way you want.

You have to explain many things before shoving this theory into my throat.

There are pending border disputes between both.
Not a big deal. Does having one more or one less mountain peak really threaten Beijing that much? Any territorial disputes are likely played up or down depending on domestic Chinese politics, with little to do with a hypothetical Indian threat.

On my reference of Indo-Russian pact you blamed India posing threat to China, even when I requested you to go in detail. It means you have thrown some theories without doing research and few Indians has swallowed the bait. You agenda is to prove India pose threat to China regardless of what you have said in your OP.
Actually, when you referenced the Indo-Russian pact, I said that

1) It was the Russians doing the threatening, not India
2) That pact is essentially over, at least relative to China. Russia wouldn't take India's side over China in a conflict unless China invaded Russia too.

Indian military planners think in continuity which pre dates independence of India vis a vis territorial claims of China on Indo-China border (Simla accord treaty 1914) and Chinese intentions vis a vis their support to Pakistan.

Indian military planner still remember Chinese reaction when Russia supported our claim on Kashmir during 1950.

Indian military planner were aware of Chinese backstabbing during 1962.

Indian military planner since 1965 till today are concerned about PLA posturing on every war with Pakistan.

Indian military planner were aware of nexus developing before 1971 between USA-Pakistan and China (China opening its market to USA amidst cold war) when signed defence pact with Russia. Go a find out the time lines of all the events.

Indian army is engaging (Chinese pin pricks) with your army on borders with Tibet right now, we foresee, we are going to be bogged down at the same border the way PLA and PLAAF is building up military capabilities along that border.
That's history and it doesn't show why India threatens China today.

Indian military planners are aware of China's vote against motions moved in by India at UN on banning terrorist outfits of Pakistan.
Capability is not intent; intent is not capability; what can India do if China votes against it in the UN from time to time? And what's more, China has voted with India in the UN far more than it has voted against India...

Last but not least, Why China is providing nuclear weapon technology to Pakistan, why they are running extra mile to make sure new Nuclear reactors be built in the name of 'Grandfathering' the previous Sino-Pak nuclear pact ? Don't tell me that Pakistan is doing it for civil nuclear energy production when we know how much fissile material they are producing as we talk and when people like me have chewed statistics up to 30 years on how much Pakistan be able to put nuclear powered electricity into her grid.
As I recall, China passed warhead designs to Pakistan when India went ahead with Smiling Buddha in 1974. That test threatened Pakistan's existence as an independent state, so naturally China passes technology to protect its ally. I fail to see how this means China wants to contain India, unless you believe that unless China accedes to permanent Indian dominance over Pakistan, it is trying to contain India.

India pose threat to China and PLA is aware of it. We pose threat you at our border with Tibet and 1962 war is testimony to it, PLA's lose of its military objective and then failed to correct those losses during 1967 skirmishes, proves it. We have Govt. of Tibet in exile if you do not know.
In 1962, China mounted an offensive after the Indian side after India did the following:

During June–July 1962, Indian military planners began advocating "probing actions" against the Chinese, and accordingly, moved mountain troops forward to cut off Chinese supply lines. According to Patterson, the Indian motives were threefold:
--Test Chinese resolve and intentions regarding India.
--Test whether India would enjoy Soviet backing in the event of a Sino-Indian war.
--Create sympathy for India within the U.S., with whom relations had deteriorated after the Indian annexation of Goa.
Then China defeated India, forced India back to the the LOC, and withdrew to its own line of control afterwards. The 1967 conflicts didn't do anything to alter that status quo--please provide maps if you believe otherwise.

What's more, you seem to believe that wresting control of a few rocks in an inhospitable plateau constitutes a threat to a nation whose major population centers are thousands of kms away. It's not.

India do not see disrupting sea lanes a necessary offence because we know how short legged your navy is. We do not need to Sink your boats when defending our border with Tibet on Chinese offences. If your navy would like to try its luck in IOR we will give the fitting reply.
I never said that Indian operations in the IOR would pose a threat to Chinese shipping; you are the one strenuously denying it.

Now I have said what you want in last two paragraphs. Posing threat is two way street.

''Lhasa or Beijing we will be there'' is not my motto but Indian army's.
"Lhasa or Beijing we will be there" is found on no Googled pages except this one. You must have made up that motto.

t_co

Has Chinese goverment made an official alliance statement?? Most of this
is high hopes of the Pakistanis. China views it as business and nothing more.
China was also considered an ally in the last 4 losing wars by Pakistan it did not
help much?
You're exactly right--it's not a military alliance. China has no intention of making it one. China is a friend to Pakistan--nothing more, nothing less. Chinese actions toward Pakistan have demonstrated just that--a consistent level of friendship and peace without rising to the level of a formal alliance but without falling to the level of abandonment. The reason for that friendship is because both the Chinese and Pakistani sides understand that, and know not to push things too far with each other.

no smoking

Country flag
Yes, thanks for the honesty. Unfortunately for China, Pakis are turning out to be a hopeless disappointment. Make sure you aren;t bitten in the ass by them - they have a habit of doing that.
Don't worry about that! Pakistan is perfectly doing their job--keeping india away from our back.
Bitting us? Well, that can only happen in one condition: india is no longer a threat to Pakistan!

badguy2000

Respected Member
Except N.Korea, CHina has never signed former alliance treaty with any other country.

And the aliiance treaty with N.Korea is just nominal....China will never launch a world war against USA,just for N.Korea.

badguy2000

Respected Member
except Taiwan, China can not fight a world war against USA.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Not a big deal. Does having one more or one less mountain peak really threaten Beijing that much? Any territorial disputes are likely played up or down depending on domestic Chinese politics, with little to do with a hypothetical Indian threat.
This is what Nehru was thinking but your Govt. back stabbed him. Your PLA do not think like that, they will feel threatened and would mount an attack even from POK if we will encroach an inch at that border. You are not backed by your own PLA. Go figure it out.

Actually, when you referenced the Indo-Russian pact, I said that

1) It was the Russians doing the threatening, not India
2) That pact is essentially over, at least relative to China. Russia wouldn't take India's side over China in a conflict unless China invaded Russia too.
No, this is what you said,

Sure, India may have threatened China in the past via the Indo-Russian pact, but with Russia now playing a much more neutral role between China and India, what other threat does India pose to China?
You got carried away and lost the credibility in my view.

The pact was a necessity, It helped us keeping Americans away. There is thread on this forum on American support of Pakistan in 1971 war. Chinese posturing on our border was a threat, but we were aware of your bad experiences of 1962 & 1967 (Indian compromised LAC, and beaten back your offences in 1967). Up to many years back we were confident about border with China, that is what prompted China to outsource its military ambitions to Pakistan. Now things are changing fast in China's favour again but we have our own contingencies for the same.

That's history and it doesn't show why India threatens China today

We know your reactions on Agni 5 launch.

You guys should stop day dreaming. We will hit your rice belts, all the industrial complexes including your military installations one by one. It is just a matter of time we mass produce these missiles and MIRV platform which is couple of moons away.

Capability is not intent; intent is not capability; what can India do if China votes against it in the UN from time to time? And what's more, China has voted with India in the UN far more than it has voted against India...
We are talking about strategic strikes done by Pakistani terrorists inside India not green house gas emissions.

You insensitive vote in favour of terrorists adds on to our collective frustration which we will vent out at your PLA, It lower our threshold of tolerating your pin pricks and gives us propaganda points when justifying our raids on you fences and beyond.

Inaction by our part is not our weakness.

It just take a switch on and off being Capable, to have the intent, Intent without capability is fool's traits not ours.

As I recall, China passed warhead designs to Pakistan when India went ahead with Smiling Buddha in 1974. That test threatened Pakistan's existence as an independent state, so naturally China passes technology to protect its ally. I fail to see how this means China wants to contain India, unless you believe that unless China accedes to permanent Indian dominance over Pakistan, it is trying to contain India.
What a pile of bull crap your OP has become now. Thanks for admitting that Pakistan is your military ally whom you can give designs of nuclear bomb.

Also China can detonate a bomb on their short call to massage their national ego.

It means China's nuclear weapon program is an extension of Pakistan's nuclear weapon program and vice a verse. Pakistan is our mortal enemy with notoriously India specific lower threshold of nuclear war and battlefield doctrine. A+B= B+A.

In 1962, China mounted an offensive after the Indian side after India did the following:
I stand correct that India can threaten China.

I know what your answer is going to be for my next assertion.

Then China defeated India, forced India back to the the LOC, and withdrew to its own line of control afterwards. The 1967 conflicts didn't do anything to alter that status quo--please provide maps if you believe otherwise.
I was right you would use this opportunity to mention China defeated India.

That is debatable and another discussion, the bold bit doesn't sound like China defeated India. 1967 skirmishes made sure that you ally with Pakistan otherwise you have no chance against us.

What's more, you seem to believe that wresting control of a few rocks in an inhospitable plateau constitutes a threat to a nation whose major population centres are thousands of kms away. It's not.
Why don't you make Tibet independent then, like I said you are not backed by your PLA. Their Govt. in exile is fully groomed to take the charge.

I am glad there are few admirer of Nehruvian philosophy in China, you will rarely find anyone admiring him on 1962 in India, we all curse him for not punishing Chinese they way we could have and had liked him to do after your army ran back seeing angry battalions mounting your way. No use of air force was another blunder he did.

I never said that Indian operations in the IOR would pose a threat to Chinese shipping; you are the one strenuously denying it.
So you are saying we think alike ?

IOR is India's.

We can pose threat to any smart ass who will threaten our territory. I believe talking about threatening China in IOR is useless as long as they do not have capability to threaten us. Like is said posing threat is two way lane we are aware of your String of pearls and all other intents.

"Lhasa or Beijing we will be there" is found on no Googled pages except this one. You must have made up that motto.

Last edited:
Country flag
Don't worry about that! Pakistan is perfectly doing their job--keeping india away from our back.
Bitting us? Well, that can only happen in one condition: india is no longer a threat to Pakistan!
If US the ultimate superpower could not help Pakistan in any war a second rate power
Like china doing anything is a joke. China could not Stop Indian oil exploration in South China seas.Where does a third world country like China get these Delusions from. China in fact has been digging their own grave with alliances
Forming to cut china back down to size.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Guys do you think Pakistan need any support against a country like india?

i mean even in the past.
they outnumbered us
*10 times by population
*in economy
*in weapons
*quality/quantity

bt we have given them a tough fight....

bt we are talking about past tense here.
i wish one war happen once again.we will see where we stand now

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
the development of missile like nasr is a clear indication.we are damn serious into using nukes

followed by shaheen III mirv soon

Where is the link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
the development of missile like nasr is a clear indication.we are damn serious into using nukes

followed by shaheen III mirv soon
Provide a link pakistan has nuclear capability beyond ten kilotons
Yield and pakistan does not have an icbm or mirv anymore bs post
Thinking you are scaring Indians without a link will be deleted.

Last edited:
Country flag
Pakistan has lost all the wars against India.
India has provided more Aid to Pakistan then china.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan has lost all the wars against India.
India has provided more Aid to Pakistan then china.
lost?...71 was a strategic failure
*We were in a civil war
*east pakistan was 1000miles far from us
*bengali brothers themselves wanted to get seperate.
*was surrounded by india from all side.

why nt try once again this time

Pakistan doesnt rank in the world top 10 aid recipient.bt sorry india does rank

gokussj9

Country flag
Guys do you think Pakistan need any support against a country like india?

i mean even in the past.
they outnumbered us
*10 times by population
*in economy
*in weapons
*quality/quantity

bt we have given them a tough fight....

bt we are talking about past tense here.
i wish one war happen once again.we will see where we stand now
@farhan_9909

Filthy inbred coc*suc**er as you are, you can simply gtfo of this
forum before your ass is banned.

gokussj9

Country flag
*We were in a civil war

@LETHALFORCE,

I think this mofo received an infraction earlier mentioning this that India
receive aid. But he has not yet learnt anything. Can you please take some
action. These inbreds do not bring anything to this forum anyways.

Country flag
*We were in a civil war

Wasn't bangladesh created by breaking pakistan in two?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Wasn't bangladesh created by breaking pakistan in two?
*they themselves wanted.

that was our own fault.our generals/leaders fault.

we were in civil war already.

beside this with the seperation of bangladesh.
do you know pakistan gdp per capita surged by high margin.twice the time of india than

Country flag
Why weren't nukes used when Pakistan lost in kargil? Why can't pakistan
Do anything in siachen? You have nukes now.

Country flag
*they themselves wanted.

that was our own fault.our generals/leaders fault.

we were in civil war already.

beside this with the seperation of bangladesh.
do you know pakistan gdp per capita surged by high margin.twice the time of india than
India created bangladesh it was called operation mukti bhani. 100000 pakistani's surrendered.
Largest surrender by an army in last fifty years.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles