why Indian scientists should work overseas

agentperry

you cant even imagine the pain i had seeing the plight of drdo scientists.
in sspl, drdo, delhi.
a scientist working on cryocoolers required for the IR camera which are even used in tanks, he had developed 6 different prototypes of cryo-cooler recent one developing unimaginable -200 degree celcius. the cost of it is 2.5 lakhs while efficiency is equal to that of any foreign maal.
but from past 20 years his work is rejected continuously and cryo-coolers are imported at the cost of 21-22 lakhs a piece.
not even due fame and respect is given to him.

once rahul gandhi said he feel ashamed calling himself Indian, after this even i felt ashamed.
pls share such incidences with others

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The problem lies in the procurement system, and the system resists change. Is that too obvious to state?

In whose interest is it for the system to function in the manner it does now?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
in sspl, drdo, delhi.
a scientist working on cryocoolers required for the IR camera which are even used in tanks, he had developed 6 different prototypes of cryo-cooler recent one developing unimaginable -200 degree celcius. the cost of it is 2.5 lakhs while efficiency is equal to that of any foreign maal.
but from past 20 years his work is rejected continuously and cryo-coolers are imported at the cost of 21-22 lakhs a piece.

once rahul gandhi said he feel ashamed calling himself Indian, after this even i felt ashamed.
There is a very serious serious serious problem in our system, it does not allow our products to mature or our scientists to be productive. I get as depressed as you do but our hands seem to be tied, i think the Congress party is the main culprit for merely getting ministers on bases of voteing bank politics and that guy does not even know how to write one complete intelligent sentence let alone run a ministry like A.Raja.

When Singapore can build and try to sell us an gun it is beyond me how an country that floods the gates of Yale, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge and tops most of them cant even make a silly machine gun. I feel deeply hurt by this, God help us and the worst part is he does not even exist.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
One look at 'Scientist's Hostel' at DRDO Estate in Pune and you'll get the idea how pathetically we treat our most precious assets. You'll find window glasses broken & shoddy construction quality where these scientists spend months or years.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
In China they will reverse engineer that cooler and sell it in the market while in India they will be put in jail for copy rite violation. While GOI looks away from major corruption that is rotting the system it acts like a western democracy and enforces copy rite rules as if we are an rich country. All our entrepreneur should be allowed to reverse engineer foreign good and even Indian scientists must help them to do it and make money, GOI must send its scientists to help the private industry to reverse engg the goods.

Fuc* copy rite rules, throw it all in the dust bin, only thing that matters is to become a developed nation, nothing else matters.

agentperry

There is a very serious serious serious problem in our system, it does not allow our products to mature or our scientists to be productive. I get as depressed as you do but our hands seem to be tied, i think the Congress party is the main culprit for merely getting ministers on bases of voteing bank politics and that guy does not even know how to write one complete intelligent sentence let alone run a ministry like A.Raja.

When Singapore can build and try to sell us an gun it is beyond me how an country that floods the gates of Yale, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge and tops most of them cant even make a silly machine gun. I feel deeply hurt by this, God help us and the worst part is he does not even exist.

i dont know much as i havent researched much about the procurement process. but i had seen a scientist dedicating 20 I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.ing years of his life developing again and again, again and again, 6 times, always better than earlier model.
he made a thing available to forces in 2.5 lakh rupees. just think 10 desi cryocoolers against one imported one.

they didnt even bothered to purchase just for name sake. cant blame current govt this shit is happening since past 20 years and this is just one dept, one lab and one scientist, there are hundreds more.

agentperry

In China they will reverse engineer that cooler and sell it in the market while in India they will be put in jail for copy rite violation. While GOI looks away from major corruption that is rotting the system it acts like a western democracy and enforces copy rite rules as if we are an rich country. All our entrepreneur should be allowed to reverse engineer foreign good and even Indian scientists must help them to do it and make money, GOI must send its scientists to help the private industry to reverse engg the goods.

Fuc* copy rite rules, throw it all in the dust bin, only thing that matters is to become a developed nation, nothing else matters.
why copy when that guy had developed 6 diff cryocoolers on his own?? ur signature says 1 lca better than 3 mig-29, we have I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.ing 10 cryocoolers for one videshi maal....

trackwhack

in sspl, drdo, delhi.

What is stopping you or the scientist himself to file an RTI? If you want to change something we should get out of the realm of self pity and do something about it.

Our country empowers us enough to bring change. But most of us like to sit on our lazy ass and complain or procrastinate instead.

agentperry

What is stopping you or the scientist himself to file an RTI? If you want to change something we should get out of the realm of self pity and do something about it.

Our country empowers us enough to bring change. But most of us like to sit on our lazy ass and complain or procrastinate instead.
you need to see a person who has lost all his hope. who curse being born in a country like India then the myth of rti and all this lokpal and all drama will go away from your mind.
its not your fault or mine or system. after seeing all doors closed and seeing your family going against you because you choose to serve nation instead of becoming a top researcher in companies like ibm etc.

but like movies, in reality also, we Indians are foolish, instead of enjoying life outside in mnc we choose to give away relaxing captain seats of mnc labs and work hard in sweat for nation. fault is of researcher only

trackwhack

you need to see a person who has lost all his hope. who curse being born in a country like India then the myth of rti and all this lokpal and all drama will go away from your mind.
its not your fault or mine or system. after seeing all doors closed and seeing your family going against you because you choose to serve nation instead of becoming a top researcher in companies like ibm etc.

but like movies, in reality also, we Indians are foolish, instead of enjoying life outside in mnc we choose to give away relaxing captain seats of mnc labs and work hard in sweat for nation. fault is of researcher only
Sorry man, it sounds like a lame excuse. You are doing nothing by complaining here. Would have had much respect if you had made an attempt to do something about it. Our biggest issue as a nation is the lack of self esteem and a constant sense of self pity.

no smoking

Country flag
in sspl, drdo, delhi.

Well, I have a few questions about this story:

1. First of all, where did he develop these camera. What I saw here is that after supporting his R&D financially for 20 years, his employer hasn't get anything accepted by market. Did he ever try to understand why he was rejected? Or just simply blame corruption or the inefficiency of others?
2. As a scientist, I assume he has no knowledge of marketing and accounting, how did he reach the cost figure? Did that include the cost of marketing, maintenance, and even cost of other producers' adjustment to adopt his product?
3. Who rejected his product? His boss? or their production partner? What is the reason to reject him?

What I saw here is exactly same feeling expressed by Chinese scentists in last 80s: these talents just think the whole world should work around them.

agentperry

Well, I have a few questions about this story:

1. First of all, where did he develop these camera. What I saw here is that after supporting his R&D financially for 20 years, his employer hasn't get anything accepted by market. Did he ever try to understand why he was rejected? Or just simply blame corruption or the inefficiency of others?
2. As a scientist, I assume he has no knowledge of marketing and accounting, how did he reach the cost figure? Did that include the cost of marketing, maintenance, and even cost of other producers' adjustment to adopt his product?
3. Who rejected his product? His boss? or their production partner? What is the reason to reject him?

What I saw here is exactly same feeling expressed by Chinese scentists in last 80s: these talents just think the whole world should work around them.
drdo dont work like this. they are asked to develop certin defence related stuff and then funds are alocated to them. drdo is not for marketting their researches and even selling it to foreign players, its all under ministry.

there are dozens of labs under organization drdo. these labs have scientists, there are other depts within every lab that prepares other reports regarding it, like costing and all.

they may go on receiving funding even after death of this scientist.
rejection can be on any ground.

when arjun was first of all rejected, army driver had run arjun for 140 km straight on first gear. and then they said that its pick up is not good. so rejection ground can be anything as well as nothing at all.

im jealous, your country have a bit more justice done to scientists

Global Defence

New threads

Articles