Why India Wins So Few Olympic Medals?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Re: Children as young as four undergo gymnastics and swimming training in China

DD - THANK YOU for really what is a superb find - and this is exactly wjhat i meant when i posted in the other thread that indian parents have better sense - also partly thanks to lesser state authority - subjecting kids to this kind of stuff is nothing short of sheer abuse !

so with this kind of "competition " if we could indeed call it that - i wouldnt fault india for coming away with less golds at the Olympics
let them do the muscle measuring competition and let us have better values

simple physical exercises for health and not for boasting
and concentrate on the academics, career and development of the mind

let others so what they want

btw the swimming aspect id ok but not the heavy weights or the gymnastics

pi314159

Sorry Roma I just couldn't resist comment your comment. You are trying to defend India's poor performance in sports, but it seems to me you are barking at the wrong tree. Last time you said because of cheating in international sport events, you prefer your kids do academics instead. This time the near-abusing way of Chinese training prevents you from encouraging your kids do 'competitive' sports. The point is who forces you to train your kids in Chinese way? You can train your kids in American way, Australian, French, Japanese, Korean way etc, whatever these ways mean,

If your kids have talents in sports and have no interest in academics, you would still force them to climb academic pyramid, because of dirty games and/or evil China?

For a country like India with 1b population and rich enough to spend billions dollars in weapon purchasing and can send spacecraft to Moon, its sport ranking is on the same level as Mongolian, Moldova, (well the game is not finished yet). Isn't it strange and even embarrassing? Maybe your attitude towards sports has explained it. I am just curious, hope not offending you.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

Children as young as four undergo gymnastics and swimming training in China

Some of these images are heart wrenching. No parent would willingly do this to their children at such an young age. It is the age when children were supposed happily play around without any tension in life. But what we see here in China is a state sponsored moulding of young children so that it can win medals and massage its ego to make a statement that it has arrived.
You wanna make an omelette . . . you gotta break some eggs .

. . . . . - subjecting kids to this kind of stuff is nothing short of sheer abuse !

so with this kind of "competition " if we could indeed call it that - i wouldnt fault india for coming away with less golds at the Olympics

simple physical exercises for health and not for boasting
and concentrate on the academics, career and development of the mind

let others so what they want
The kind of pressure Middle class Indian children go through to excel in academics is also nothing short of abuse IMHO
not to speak of less fortunate lower class ones
and all just to secure bragging rights or better status. . . . never to instill better values . . .

Present Indian culture where the entire emphasis is on academic achievements
where every decision from Marriage to career is made by parents . . . kills the very grain of Leadership or sense of individuality in children . . . .and produces heavily lopsided personalities.

This self righteous attitude where we refuse to learn from our neighbours
when their policies have clearly produced stellar results
is just turning a blind eye to our own faults . .

Has any Chinese adult who as a kid trained in such facilities lamented about his fate ?

I advocate implementing similar institutionalization of sports for Indian kids with moderation .

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag
Re: Olympics: The difference between India and China is"¦ family

all the indian here whether live in foreign or in india are anti-china and bias. i never seen so many bias/bs comment every day ;)
Is your anti-indian bias any different, my dear 'Amrikan' friend? :rolleyes: Have u ever wondered when u are pointing one finger at us, the rest of the fingers are pointing at you? Have u ever wondered why many countries in the world just hate China? A food for thought :thumb:

nope most chinese i speak to in US, recognize fault of CCP. what i mean bias take example of the swimmer accusation, people automatically assume she cheated when she win, even she pass the drug test. and then people complain about how its a NEW drug invented by china to pass the test etc without any evidence. I call that bias. i haven't talk to chinese live aboard complain about how india win this or create new invention or something else is copy/cheat etc. furthermore i know few friends/neighbor who are indian, and they seem very nice, and i talk to them alot haven't found any bias against china as i seen here on this forum.

but since i don't goto chinese language forum, there could be bias against indian on those forum, i don't know. but i do goto other sino-english forum for discussion, such as sinodefenceforum which is english has both chinese/american on the forum. and the people discuss topic over there civilized without bashing each others country/each other.
I have chinese friends who are nice and i don't have complaints abt them at all. I don't complain abt China to them. But here most of the Chinese posters come with a single agenda of propoganda and spreading mis-information and unnecessary abuses when challenged for truth. Naturally, any Indian in the Indian defence forum would respond back. Most of the indian members were patient here in the start but to maintain the equilibrium, a proportionate response was initiated by the members. If not for the Chinese members here in this forum, i would have been appreciative of 'few' good things done by China. But now.. i like many other indian members are obliged to respond in kind. And the funny part of the story is now i enjoy the job of bashing those mal-information spreading, false propagandist, fact manipulating brain washed Chinese :taunt:

J20!

Country flag

The title of this thread is stupid. I didn't know to become a Chinese Olympian you have to give up your family.

The differences between China and India in the Olympics are:

Hundreds of training and sports centers and other sporting infrastructure.

Billions of dollars of investment

And most importantly, hundreds of HARDWORKING men, women, girls and boys who spend more than a decade doing back breaking training to win.

Those are the reasons China dominated the 2008 Beijing Olympics and India walked away with 3 gold medals. That's the hard truth, that many here are trying to avoid by calling these hardworking athletes cheats or a whole country of people robots.

Grow up guys..

J20!

Country flag

Im replying oinly to ray-ji here using the thread as a clear example of the infringements

with perhaps only one exception most of the dragon-posters are here for negative reasons - which they could do somewhere else !

they want FAIR -PLAY when all their forums ( fora ) are in their own language _ so we cant participate

but they participate in ours - not to appreciate our culture - but to display theirs !

really i wouldnt bother replying to any of their posts - the only time i do is to tell them to b-off ( in more suitable words )

if you feel they are about to cross the line , let them do so - then simply delete their offensive post and ban the person - dont waste energy explaining etc etc _ not nec

no one except themselves appreciates their presence here and ive said it before:-

this forum is a better place without them
We're not the ones calling your entire population dogs, or barbarians or robots etc etc. If you dont want Chinese people on this forum, I suggest you put up a big banner on your home page saying:

"NO CHINESE CITIZENS ALLOWED".

Its totally fits that you'd want to blame Chinese posters for the decline of this sub thread. Look at the threads on the first page alone, thread after thread of China bashing, that is at times just childish (the lowest point being some silly thread on China losing a cricket game).

Of course people who want nothing but bad press on China would call any good news regarding China "propaganda". It cant always be bad news.

Rahul92

Whatever it is if china remained as a friend/ally of India it surely would have got all the love and support which you could hardly expect from pakistan

satish007

(the lowest point being some silly thread on China losing a cricket game).
J20, please appreciate Indian culture, please show something you are very sad while China losing cricket, the forumer are built by them, Chinese should thanks for their effort.

J20!

Country flag

Whatever it is if china remained as a friend/ally of India it surely would have got all the love and support which you could hardly expect from pakistan
You probably wont believe me, but actually wish that were true, but looking at the attitudes on this forum alone, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

huaxia rox

not just prc is doing well in the Olympics...many countries r doing well....besides the US and russia.....japan sk australia (how many people do they have??) all had and r having good performence.....can any indian friend here enlighten me.....why on earth even austrila(criket lover too plus rugby?) and sk with so few people can get that many gold medals while 1.1billion india can get......i dont know what to say litteraly.......

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

You probably wont believe me, but actually wish that were true, but looking at the attitudes on this forum alone, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Even we can claim that the attitude is because of your actions. Of course you will claim the reverse.

You might have noticed the difference in our attitude towards you guys versus Pakistanis. It might have struck you that we don't have the kind of disdain and contempt for China that we do for Pakistan. All we do is throw a few jibes your way now and then. Now, at the political level if your CCP stops propping up whores like Pakistan, it would do wonders for both of us. But then, that requires action on your side, eh?

huaxia rox

Commonwealth Games 2010: Indian race walker Rani Yadav fails drugs test.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...010-Indian-athlete-fails-drug-test.htmlIndia:
BBC News - India: Six athletes fail doping test
BBC News - India: Six athletes fail doping test
India says 101 athletes flunked drug tests
India says 101 athletes flunked drug tests | NEWS

You see, even drugs can't help India. That is sad.
cant help india with olympics....but criket game.....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

We're not the ones calling your entire population dogs, or barbarians or robots etc etc. If you dont want Chinese people on this forum, I suggest you put up a big banner on your home page saying:

"NO CHINESE CITIZENS ALLOWED".

Its totally fits that you'd want to blame Chinese posters for the decline of this sub thread. Look at the threads on the first page alone, thread after thread of China bashing, that is at times just childish (the lowest point being some silly thread on China losing a cricket game).

Of course people who want nothing but bad press on China would call any good news regarding China "propaganda". It cant always be bad news.
Well sweetheart if you abuse the Indians or misrepresent them by your own insecurity, be man enough to get what you deserve.

No one will put up a banner to ban any nationality.

But one cannot come here and start abusing the the host nation either without any cause!

Be clear about that!

Westerns post something and you attack Indians and demand an apology!

Are you people daft?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

So.....?

Neither is your attitude much to talk about.

The very fact that we accept that as a part of the game and as something that is expected, I think you should be satisfied.

You Chinese are over sensitive about proving your loyalty to China and its Communist satraps.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

China has enough of issues that requires to be highlighted which are not in sych with the ways of the world.

But given the Chinese mindset, you find that it is unfair to bring out your warts.

How is it we don't run away from our reality?

Why are you all in such pink clouds that China cannot do any wrong?

Why this ridiculous insecurity that wants to hide everything under the carpet that is not favourable to China?

Note how you all have avoid the recent Hong Kong protest thread over Chinese attempts to brainwash them.

Has it not happened - the protest and the attempt to brainwash?

Obviously, you all will find it as 'China bashing' and keep on sulking and cribbing.

Go to that thread and give us your view and tell us if that is all bogus!

But then, we would expect facts and not fiction! ;)

nimo_cn

Country flag

Sorry Roma I just couldn't resist comment your comment. You are trying to defend India's poor performance in sports, but it seems to me you are barking at the wrong tree. Last time you said because of cheating in international sport events, you prefer your kids do academics instead. This time the near-abusing way of Chinese training prevents you from encouraging your kids do 'competitive' sports. The point is who forces you to train your kids in Chinese way? You can train your kids in American way, Australian, French, Japanese, Korean way etc, whatever these ways mean,

If your kids have talents in sports and have no interest in academics, you would still force them to climb academic pyramid, because of dirty games and/or evil China?

For a country like India with 1b population and rich enough to spend billions dollars in weapon purchasing and can send spacecraft to Moon, its sport ranking is on the same level as Mongolian, Moldova, (well the game is not finished yet). Isn't it strange and even embarrassing? Maybe your attitude towards sports has explained it. I am just curious, hope not offending you.
Whatever way they train their kids, they are gonna fail.

Look at the loser-attitudes displayed by ndian posters, simply disgusting.

nimo_cn

Country flag

cant help india with olympics....but criket game.....
If cricket was made an olympics, I doubt Indians stand a chance.

The only reason they seem to play cricket well is because no one else is taking it seriously.

J20!

Country flag

China's on 13 gold medals as of right now, with 23 overall. The States' is 24 overall with 9 gold. Its gonna be close this year.

Ray, how many is India on?

Never mind, I got it. 1 bronze.

So the difference between India and China is... 22 medals overall and 13 gold(for now), oh, and family. ROFL

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag

If cricket was made an olympics, I doubt Indians stand a chance.

The only reason they seem to play cricket well is because no one else is taking it seriously.
Now that's not nice... Be the bigger man...

huaxia rox

China's on 13 gold medals as of right now, with 23 overall. The States' is 24 overall with 9 gold. Its gonna be close this year.

Ray, how many is India on?

Never mind, I got it. 1 bronze.

So the difference between India and China is... 22 medals overall and 13 gold(for now), oh, and family. ROFL
cut india some slacks here....give them some time.....compare them to south koreans or austrailans 1st.....maybe indians can begin to develop their soprts other than criket if they wanna hold olimpics....we all know in commenwealth game they ve atteneded heaps of different sorts of sports......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles