Why India Wins So Few Olympic Medals?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Re: Olympics: The difference between India and China is"¦ family

some people may think it strange that im actually glad that india doesnt do so well in this olympics type events - it shows me that indian parents have good heads on their shoulders and prefer their kids to excel in their academic studies rather than sports ....and if you look at these international events , they really are a form of LEGALISED CHEATING - taking drugs and chemicals in clever dosages to avoid detection , taking alternative drugs that are not banned ... all this is just legalised cheating and im glad india hasnt caught on to all that , at least not in a big way - all this olympics business is not part of indian culture , it is not part of our personality - we are a more academic people and we like natural sports _ we do things via nature eg yoga rather than pumping ourselves with chemicals - so big deal - let PRC dragon and the "whites" - let them win ! let us rather win in maths, chess academia - our folks are filling the faculty positions at US universities and elsewhere - we should go for that big time - we should push that more ! forget all this Olympics we - already have cricket , so let us keep the right perspective - academic excellence comes first and forget all this legalised cheating in sports - we dont need to be part of it !

Tianshan

some people may think it strange that im actually glad that india doesnt do so well in this olympics type events - it shows me that indian parents have good heads on their shoulders and prefer their kids to excel in their academic studies rather than sports ....
same in china, we have done very well on international academic tests too.

you don't need to choose between having good academics and good sportspeople, you can have both.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

same in china, we have done very well on international academic tests too.+
you don't need to choose between having good academics and good sportspeople, you can have both.
youare speaking for the chinese

whereas i was speaking as an indian person

there is some difference , you know .

pi314159

^^^^ Your reasoning is interesting.. Because
.and if you look at these international events , they really are a form of LEGALISED CHEATING
, THEREFORE you prefer your kids excel in their academic studies rather than sports. If you continue your logic, you probably should not let your kids excel in academic studies either, because there was/is/will be a lot academic cheating too (BTW, Indian is no exception of that). So I guess your only choice is to let your kids do yoga only, nothing else:)

Last edited:

satish007

All Chinese athletes are PAID a SALARY by CCP to perform. It is just another public sector job in China which leads to pension on retirement. French athletes are not paid unless part of professional sports league in the off season, none of which the medalists are.
Armand2REp, although I dislike your post, but you tell the true.
Chinese just got Gold and set Olympic record in women's 58kg weightlifting

the girl have not been home for two years, she just sent her parent money monthly.
She cried after she won.
I was pretty shocked while I saw twice yesterday that American women swimming athletes smilled before they jumped into the pool, and then they won and smilled again.
they are really enjoy the game.
many chinese have been realizing what's life and Olympic should be. they are chaning, but that need time. because many Chinese are still very poor, they have to work hard to make living, but big cities familly now never let they child get trained in such way.
and Chinese alhletes at least did good job in "inspire a generaton", they inspire many generations in china although they may be also disgusting you guys.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Chinese athletes probably using some untested performance enhancing drug. How does a female swimmer beat the best men's time?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Chinese athletes probably using some untested performance enhancing drug. How does a female swimmer beat the best men's time?
They are probably using overdoses of Jinseng

Impluseblade

Shame on you! You claimed yourself well educated and you are speaking non-sense!

Go back to your country and don't compete on the Olympics game at all. No one will care about the absence of Indians.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Shame on you! You claimed yourself well educated and you are speaking non-sense!

Go back to your country and don't compete on the Olympics game at all. No one will care about the absence of Indians.
The US is claiming so.

What has Armand to do with India, old thing?

Impluseblade

Claiming with no grounds. Typical reactions from sour grapes. Since I live in the the states, I am well aware of the attitude of some Americans. If they lose, they will just claim the game is not fair.

When IOC releases the testing result of Ye Shimen, you owe her a big apology.

The US is claiming so.

What has Armand to do with India, old thing?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I am not an American.

I owe no apology to anyone.

You live in the USA and you are biting the hand that feeds?

Good show!

satish007

Guy, Armand2REP is French, Chinese need them beat US. please don't worry about dope, urine will be keep for more than 8 years , they can keep test it anytime while IOC find something.

satish007

But frankly, I will try dope if it is pretty new and IOC need years to find out, and I have got all my money from country and spend them with pleasure, if I got caught, ok media return, money sorry, no any. How evil I am.:wave:

nimo_cn

Country flag

They are probably using overdoses of Jinseng
Typical reaction from losers, not surprised at all.

A country with a population of over 1 billion hasn't won a single gold medal three days after the games began, that must be hurting.

I guess India is the only country who doesn't use drugs, only that can explain their pathetic performance in Olympics, because every country is doing well, even country like Lithuania(population 3.35 million) beats India.

But wait a minute, is it true that Indian athletes don't use drugs? I guess I was wrong.

Commonwealth Games 2010: Indian race walker Rani Yadav fails drugs test.
Commonwealth Games 2010: Indian athlete fails drug test - Telegraph
India: Six athletes fail doping test
BBC News - India: Six athletes fail doping test
India says 101 athletes flunked drug tests
http://goldenmuscles.com/steroids/india-says-101-athletes-flunked-drug-tests/
You see, even drugs can't help India. That is sad.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag

Claiming with no grounds. Typical reactions from sour grapes. Since I live in the the states, I am well aware of the attitude of some Americans. If they lose, they will just claim the game is not fair.

Buddy, don't expect an apology from Indians.

Big mouth is their common gift, they own no one an apology by not wasting it.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Buddy, don't expect an apology from Indians.

Big mouth is their common gift, they own no one an apology by not wasting it.
Apology from Indians instead of Americans!!
You are very street smart !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Typical reaction from losers, not surprised at all.

A country with a population of over 1 billion hasn't won a single gold medal three days after the games began, that must be hurting.

I guess India is the only country who doesn't use drugs, only that can explain their pathetic performance in Olympics, because every country is doing well, even country like Lithuania(population 3.35 million) beats India.

But wait a minute, is it true that Indian athletes don't use drugs? I guess I was wrong.

You see, even drugs can't help India. That is sad.
Well, Indians are not robots as the Mainland Chinese are.

That is where the difference lies in performance.

That is why Hong Kong chaps have gone on protest since the Communist Chinese Govt wanted to brainwash them to the Chinese Communist way of life

Big Hong Kong protest assails Communist Party 'brainwashing'
Published: July 29
- The Washington Post

Open the link and see the picture of the massive protest in Hong Kong.

You keep guessing who uses drugs.

Chairman Miao?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Apology from Indians instead of Americans!!
You are very street smart !
That is because they are too scared to demand an apology from the US.

The US then may rudely stop their dreams in the SCS.

And the Chinese are famous for oblique and tangential ways to problems they find are too difficult to accomplish.

Further, they have this immense inferiority complex that the whole world hates them and so they are too much in themselves and whatever they imagine is happening, they blurt out with using brains (they are after all brainwashed) Thus, they think and imagine it is Indians who have criticised them, when it is the US.

They seem to be thoroughly doped all the time!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles