Why india will never be a superpower

EagleOne

This does not prove anything, what point is graduating a lot of people when all the people that graduate are WORSE than the people who graduate from other countries?

For a country to be wealthy they need technology BETTER than what the other countries can create, look at Japan
why 30% of nasa engineers are indians and 30% of Microsoft employees are indians , doctors ... u can see indian professional everywhere in the world for what purpose they are hiring ....if indian graduates are worst

can u say me why we are least effected by global melt down your so callled global power cry a lot ...

Last edited:

SilentScope

how many participants will be there in a competition may be 1000...or so the whole nations will only depend on these 1000 people ...NO
can u say all students of a particular country have same IQ/brainpower -no

see now India ranked second in global manufacturing competence "Žnext to china
Not all are competitions, I posted charts showing scientific influence, India has remained Flat

It is the guys with the PHD who make the innovations not the average worker.

EagleOne

i want to say one thing ...the way you defining a super power is not at all acceptable whether it is india,china or iran....
as i said in the before post ...
all students of a particular country cannot have same IQ/brainpower your explantion is illogical

EagleOne

Not all are competitions, I posted charts showing scientific influence, India has remained Flat

It is the guys with the PHD who make the innovations not the average worker.

do u thik albeit ensiten... done phd ..at first ..he is a polytechnic student after submited first paper on capillery force with out phd....what about grahambell...Charles darwin ..,edison.. dont link inovators with phds....

go and check no of indians enrolled for phds in india and abroad ...come with values ...u will come to know

dont u know most people doing masters and phds in us are indians and chinese

Last edited:

Oracle

Why I believe that India will never be a superpower. The most important thing that determines a superpower is proficiency in Technology and science. I do not believe that India has this.

As evidence

This is the most world famous programming contest in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Collegiate_Programming_Contest#Winners

In the past 11 years

Russia has won this contest 6 times
China has won this contest 3 times
Poland has won this contest 2 times

Now lets move on to mathematics

http://www.imo-official.org/year_country_r.aspx?year=2010&column=total&order=desc
China = 1st place
Russia = 2nd place
India = 36nd place

Now lets move on to Physics

China = 1st place
India = 3rd place

Nanotechnology Papers by country, India does not even show up

Scientific output by country, India has remained mostly flat

Are these the necessary & sufficient criteria for India to be a superpower? ROFL!!!

Check this out mate:

Even Agni II covers most of Iran :happy_2:

zraver

Professional
As I posted earlier, the term superpower as it is currently applied is obsolete and reflects a paradigm that no longer exists. The world needs to add a step (hyper-power) to clear out the middle ranks. India has the possibility of being a super power. India has one of the worlds biggest economies, a large base of technical and intellectual talent, the ability to project nuclear and non-nuclear military might, a strategic location, large population, a space program, heavy industry..... Its all there, it just needs to mature.

amoy

the way to define 'super power'
would suggest to add a dimension - 'athletic performance' (like in Olympics, in the World Cup) in addition to IQ/'brain power'.

a super man/country can't go a long way with a superb brain but a feeble 'body'.

China isn't or won't become a super power any time soon, based on military/GDP/PPP per capita, or Brain/'Physical' performance of the few 'elites' or the 'masses' or the country as whole.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
strange criteria of becoming a super power, by the way in terms of IQ singaporeans score the most and the north koreans come across as one of the best and for some strange reason the americans stand no where near these two, nor do the russians, i wonder why?

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
These large projects have many people, Chinese, Russians, Iranians, Mexicans etc..... does this mean that all of them are going to be superpowers?

And where are these Indians educated? Most of them are educated in the United States.

Poor performance in world competition only shows that Indians have a poor education system, and without good education system India will never be able to run with the wolves USA+Russia+China
Silent scope most indians who are now working with MNC`S had done there schooling as well as basic university education from some of top Indian education university. so yr thinking that Indian education system is poor is utterly wrong. i agree that i is not best .if china+ Russia has better has performing better than Americans noways in competition them why does they are lacking in providing new technology to market. even if u take egs of Russians tell which new electronic product thah have launched recently these market has been dominated by Koreans/china. where does korea stand in these competitions?america +russia became superpower because of their financial power post WWII

u said china has nearly almost every competitions specially that organised by first one by IBM then why china is still lagging in IT

Brain power = Better military technology
Brain power = Better products and innovation = Country becomes wealthy by selling technology
true very true then why chinese military product are n`t consider par that with Russians. almost all chinese military product are consider to reverse engineered particularly that of russians. if u want to proof visit any netural defenec forum(if any exist in this world:emot154:) And i am still waiting to see any standarad chinses product produce by chinese company . most of them are cheap and if u are luck theny this product would last long 2 or 3 years(i stating for electronics product only)

i have nothing against china. It is good they are investing in every spheres of development whether its education or sports or infrastructure . heck indian leaders at least could develop sports :angry_10:

Last edited:

EagleOne

Originally Posted by SilentScope
These large projects have many people, Chinese, Russians, Iranians, Mexicans etc..... does this mean that all of them are going to be superpowers?

And where are these Indians educated? Most of them are educated in the United States.

Poor performance in world competition only shows that Indians have a poor education system, and without good education system India will never be able to run with the wolves USA+Russia+China
most indians go to US for doing masters .....
what do think u can get sole knowledege on masters itself wih out required education ..our students of local engineering colleges are also geting admission in top US universities ...this means indians poor performances in world competitions doesnt mean that we are lack in knowledge ..
and if competions are only the criteria of being a super power then u jst can imagine their willl be change in super power status every year...add even very poor nation can can become super power if it has 100 good students ....

u need to update ur information
Significant and consistent growth in nanotechnology papers are noted in the three countries. Between 2000 and 2007, the average annual growth rate was 31.43% in China, 11.88% in Russia, and 33.51% in India

P.s :i agree we dont have best education system and it is not the worst at the same time

Last edited:

p2prada

the way to define 'super power'
would suggest to add a dimension - 'athletic performance' (like in Olympics, in the World Cup) in addition to IQ/'brain power'.

a super man/country can't go a long way with a superb brain but a feeble 'body'.

China isn't or won't become a super power any time soon, based on military/GDP/PPP per capita, or Brain/'Physical' performance of the few 'elites' or the 'masses' or the country as whole.

Brain power of an individual is not a criteria for being a superpower. In that case our current PM is the most educated world leader right now along with a high IQ. Does that make us a superpower, NO. Also, best of luck when a tank comes rolling into a gold medalist weight lifters house in China. I bet the won't his medal will not help him kill the tank.

The cohesion of the govt in tackling world problems at the highest level is the brain power of the nation. The capability of the military is your sporting power. All of this is fueled by the economy. These are the indicators of being a superpower.

All civilian activities increases along with productivity of the workforce as the economy grows.

EagleOne

one-third of researchers surveyed in China admit to plagiarism, falsification or fabrication of data
avg number of non-self citations per paper:
USA (3.02);
Canada (2.53);
japan:(o.94)
China: (0.41)

see the quantity is different the quality is different

EagleOne

Number of Patents Granted as Distributed by Year of Patent Grant
Breakout by U.S. State and Foreign Country of Origin
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/cst_all.htm
it says Taiwan submitted more patents then china
it proves that they have more brains.does it mean that Taiwan going to became a super power before china ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SHASH2K2

Dr Tathagat Tulsi, 22, becomes Professor Tulsi at IIT Bombay

He completed high school at the age of 9, had a B.Sc at 10, an M.Sc in Physics at 12, and a PhD in Quantum Computing from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, at 21. In 2003, Time named him among the world's seven most gifted youngsters. Now, at age 22, Patna-born prodigy Tathagat Avtar Tulsi has become possibly the youngest assistant professor at IIT.

Tulsi will teach Physics at IIT Bombay from July 19, having chosen the institute over Waterloo University, Canada, and the Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER), Bhopal, both of which had offered him jobs.

"I turned down Waterloo despite an impressive pay package because I do not want to go abroad now," Tulsi told The Indian Express over the phone from Patna. "My dream is to set up a lab focused on quantum computation in India, and one day help develop a largescale quantum computation-based supercomputer. IIT Bombay offers me these possibilities."

IIT Bombay confirmed that Tulsi is set to join its faculty. In an appointment letter sent on June 30, IIT Bombay Director Prof Devang V Khakar informed Tulsi that the institute's Board of Governors was pleased to offer him assistant professorship on contract at the Department of Physics.

Hailed early as a wonder boy, Tulsi suffered humiliation in August 2001 when a delegation of scientists taken by the Department of Science & Technology to Lindau in Germany for an interaction with Nobel laureates, suggested that he was a "fake prodigy" who had "mugged up" jargon which he spouted unthinkingly.

A hurt Tulsi went into a shell for several years. He returned to news this February after he became the youngest holder of a PhD in India.

"Back then it hurt a lot. But I have put the humiliation behind me, and now feel that I have achieved something. I am very happy to join an IIT as faculty. I am looking forward to teaching and research," Tulsi said.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/241/20100713/1257/tnl-dr-tathagat-tulsi-22-becomes-profess.html

SHASH2K2

Hope thread starter has something to say about Indian talent .

Last edited:

Phenom

One thing that we must all look at,
In the 50s, people were saying India would never be able to build a nation
In the 60s, people were saying newly built Indian nation will never last long,
In the 70s & 80s, people were saying India would never be able to deal with poverty,
In the 90s, people were saying India would never be able to compete with advanced countries in IT field (thus the money being invested in IT is wasted)
And now the people are saying India would never become a super power.

From the 'India would soon fall apart' to 'India would never become a super power' in about 5 to 6 decades, thats what I call progress. :happy_2:

Param

Why I believe that India will never be a superpower. The most important thing that determines a superpower is proficiency in Technology and science. I do not believe that India has this.

As evidence

This is the most world famous programming contest in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Collegiate_Programming_Contest#Winners

In the past 11 years

Russia has won this contest 6 times
China has won this contest 3 times
Poland has won this contest 2 times

Now lets move on to mathematics

http://www.imo-official.org/year_country_r.aspx?year=2010&column=total&order=desc
China = 1st place
Russia = 2nd place
India = 36nd place

Now lets move on to Physics

China = 1st place
India = 3rd place

Nanotechnology Papers by country, India does not even show up

Scientific output by country, India has remained mostly flat

Ultimately what matters most is how big your economy will be and your military might. India's economy is the 2nd fastest growing large economy and we are poised to become the 3rd largest economy by 2030. You talk about talent, 30% of people NASA & microsoft are Indians. Even the Chandra Xray observatory is named after an Indian. Now I don't know how many Iranians make the cut.
Why don't we do very well in some science or maths Olympiads_ That's probably got to do with lack of motivation or the selection process. Its just like the olympics , we don't win enough medals because our govt don't give much importance to it. That does'nt mean a lack of talent.

BTW what's your PROBLEM with India? People like u have been making lots stupid predictions for us since 1947. keep dreaming & keep posting such PROPAGANDA if this satisfies you ,but, you will never be able to discourage us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles