Votes: 54 78.3%
  • no

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • can't say

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

kickok1975

People to people, no hate at all.

Government to government, lots of conflict interest.

That's the current situation of Indo-China relationship.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Just like JustForLaughs is saying about Chinese, even Indians had very little interest in China till a couple of years back, 1962 war notwithstanding. The negative perceptions have started only around 2 years back because of China's open support to Pakistan strategically, technologically, militarily, and their support of Pakistan on POK. The middle class Indians who comment on web forums find this the primary reason for suspicion and negativity towards China. ALL other reasons are secondary and less important than this primary reason.

I can guarantee you this: even with China-India minor border disputes and small irritants, the Indian middle class will have a favourable/neutral perception of China if their support for Pakistan goes. I guarantee you that.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think the reason why Chinese youth seem to hate/dislike/have a negative view of India is because of the CCPs control of the media because of which they have the power to project thoughts into the People. So India is always never mentioned but wen it is mentioned it is done so in a negative manner and thereby creating a negative impression among the youth.
As for the Govt. (CCP) they perceive India to be a threat and therefore side with Pakistanis to keep the pressure on India.

pmaitra

W.r.t. the post above (^^), I'd like to ask kickok1975 what he thinks about how PRC or CCP projects India through media as well as text-books?

Thanks

Oracle

'China ready to go to war to safeguard national interests'

BEIJING: Terming US attempts to woo India and other neighbours of China as "unbearable," an article in a Communist party magazine has said that Beijing must send a "clear signal" to these countries that it is ready to go to war to safeguard its national interests.

The article published in the Qiushi Journal, the official publication of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) said China must adhere to a basic strategic principle of not initiating war but being ready to counterattack.

"We must send a clear signal to our neighbouring countries that we don't fear war, and we are prepared at any time to go to war to safeguard our national interests," the article said, suggesting an aggressive strategy to counter emerging US alliances in the region.

"Throughout the history of the new China (since 1949), peace in China has never been gained by giving in, only through war. Safeguarding national interests is never achieved by mere negotiations, but by war," it said.

The piece said countries like Japan, India, Vietnam, Australia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Korea are trying to join the anti-China group because they either had a war or a conflict of interest with China.

"What is especially unbearable is how the US blatantly encourages China's neighbouring countries to go against China. We cannot completely blame the US, as flies do not stare at seamless eggs.

"They are attempting to gain benefits by using US," it said.

It suggested that China should use its economic clout and trade as a weapon to rein in neighbours.

"China's neighbouring countries need China's international trade more than China needs them, with the vast majority of China's trade deficit caused by these countries," it said.

"Therefore, they, but not China, will suffer greater damage by antagonising China. China should make good use of these economic advantages and strategic power. This is also the most effective means to avoid a war," it said.

The article said the US has adopted a series of strategies to contain China like through an exchange rate war, through a public opinion war, besides launching military exercises and simulated warfare, and the development of an anti-China alliance.

China on its part, it said, can consider the idea of launching economic warfare through strategies to contain the US dollar and making effective use of forums like the IMF and initiating a space war by developing strong space weapons.

It also suggested as a counter-strategy the idea of pursuing a strong policy against neighbours joining the US alliance, even attacking a nearby enemy and forming anti-US alliances in Latin America and Africa.

It also said the China should also launch a public opinion war by making an effective use of the free media in the US and other democracies.

Though suggesting a hard-line policy towards neighbours, the article, however, proposes to rope in countries with good foreign reserves like India to neutralise the influence of US dollar.

"Of course, to fight the US, we have to come up with key weapons. What is the most powerful weapon China has today? It is our economic power, especially our foreign exchange reserves (USD 2.8 trillion). The key is to use it well. If we use it well, it is a weapon; otherwise it may become a burden," it said.

China, it said, should ensure that that fewer countries should keep their forex reserves in US dollars.

"China, Japan, the UK, India, and Saudi Arabia are all countries with high foreign exchange reserves," it said analysing each country's ability to align with China against the US.

"Japan is constrained by the Japan-US Security Treaty and will not break away from the US... Great Britain has always followed the US, so the probability that it will cooperate with China is also pretty low".

"India has stayed closely allied with the US in recent years, and Obama promised to support India for a permanent membership in the UNSC. Thus, the probability for India to cooperate with China is also not great.

"India's purchasing power of foreign exchange reserves is very limited anyway, so it cannot influence the overall situation much," it said.

So in view of this China should "pick up courage" and go for aggressive buying of other currencies, including the Indian Rupee hence taking the lead in affecting the market for US dollars.

This approach, it said, is market-driven and it will not be able to easily blame China.

"Of course, the most important condition is still that China must have enough courage to challenge the US currency. China can act in one of two ways. One is to sell US dollar reserves, and the second is not to buy US dollars for a certain period of time," which will weaken the currency and cause deep economic crisis for Washington.

Given the fact that China is the biggest buyer of US debt, its actions will have a demonstrable effect on the market.

"If China stops buying, other countries will pay close attention and are very likely to follow. Once the printed excess dollars cannot be sold, the depreciation of the dollar will accelerate and the impact on Americans wealth will be enormous.

"The US will not be able to withstand this pressure and will curtail the printing of US currency," it said.

Source

If this is not war mongering, then what is it?

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I think a lot of Chinese posters on this forum are confused as to why Indians hate the Chinese. From their perspective they dont feel that the Chinese feel the same way towards India - so why do Indians mistrust China so much.

Here is the answer: when your government has been screwing India for so many years thru Pakistan, then its obvious that the victims are the ones who feel the anger. In China most of you dont really know what your government does unless it is reported in local media.

Obviously your government is not going to highlight the fact that your relationship with Pak is based on your common enemy in India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Do we really hate the Chinese?

I wonder.

I think it is the aggressive and rather cleverer by half attitude of the Chinese govt that gets the goat.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Whatever for?

I think it is only when those who hate the Chinese stop eating Chinese food and stop buying their cheap household goods, it would be a truism.

SHASH2K2

NEW YORK: Noting that India and China share a complex relationship, foreign secretary Nirupama Rao underlined that Beijing needs to be more "sensitive" towards India's concerns in its dealings with Pakistan.

During her talk at The New School, Rao said that India was not against Pakistan's relationship with other countries but New Delhi had some genuine concerns about some aspects of the relationship between Beijing and Islamabad.

China's support for Pakistan's nuclear ambitions, Rao said, was an area where India was "seeking more clarity and transparency" and "welcomed an open discussion."

The Indian official also said New Delhi took strong exception of China's policy to issue stapled visas to residents of Jammu and Kashmir and its presence in Pakistan- occupied Kashmir.

The relationship between India and China, she said, "would be stronger when China shows more sensitivity on issues that impinge on our sovereignty and territorial integrity."

Both sides, Rao said, were working to resolve the boundary dispute.

The current talks, she said, were a "serious attempt to arrive at a fair and mutually acceptable statements for both side."

In response to a question, Rao noted that unlike the US, China had not yet openly endorsed India's candidacy for a permanent seat in the United Nation's Security Council.

"China is not expressing itself openly in terms of India's candidacy," she said, adding Beijing would block India from getting a seat when the matter came to a vote.

Currently 128 out of 192 countries in the UN support India's permanent presence in the Security Council, according to Indian officials.

Read more: India wants China to be more 'sensitive' on Pakistan issues - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-issues/articleshow/7486331.cms#ixzz1Dohvr6uk

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I voted 'yes' on the poll because it asked if China was an enemy 'state'.

If it had asked whether China was an enemy 'country', I would have said 'no'.

In my mind, at least, I differentiate between the two.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
1962 is not the be all and end all of Sino Indian equation.

It is there only to remind one not to take the Chinese at face value and that is about all. There are good reasons why 1962 happened and why India could not rise to the occasion. It is history and inconsequential as of today since India of 1962 is not India of today. There is a vast difference and if a small country with hardly any modern weapon ry like Vietnam can give a bloody nose to the Chinese, India, as it is today, can do that and more..........

Therefore, 1962 is not important except as a stirring cry Remember the Alamo is to the Americans to stir up the national fervour!

It is only the Chinese attitude to give unnecessary slights to the Indians by stapling visas, not granting visa, border incursions etc which rings alarm bells and hence one starts remember the events of 1962 and wondering what surprise they will have this time and drag India into a unproductive contest.

The Chinese are no fools. They will only do these small pinpricks since they are well aware that they can do nothing to India this time around, while on the other hand, if India is riled too much, China will only push India into an understanding with the US and that mean trouble for China.

JFL will then rue the statement that Chinese have no time to read Sun Tsu!

Indians read Sun Tsu very diligently and also play the game of Go.

DeletedUser

Chinese people are okay in general. I get to meet a lot of them here in my university. A lot of them are quite arrogant though. This attitude couple with their aggressive foriegn policy make me not like the Chinese. But it's mostly their arrogance.

p2prada

Chinese people are okay in general. I get to meet a lot of them here in my university. A lot of them are quite arrogant though. This attitude couple with their aggressive foriegn policy make me not like the Chinese. But it's mostly their arrogance.
I have a bunch of Han Chinese friends. We call them "wannabe Indians" to poke fun at them some times. So, that makes us arrogant too.

Kiddy emotions do not affect foreign policy.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
8. Entrenched belief that Asia should have only one major power, that power is China.
9. Belief atleast in the section of the establishment that India should be broken into several smaller states to make it 'manageable'.
10. china accepted the ceased territory belong to India in kashmir in 1963

captonjohn

Country flag
11. More faster military modernization then expected and heavy invest in defense sector.
12. Selling sophisticated weapons to Pakistan including subs, cruise missiles, and AWACS etc.
13. Faster development of military infrastructure along LAC including creating more airbases, military bases, missile units, navel bases etc.
14. Ring of perl strategy and creating strong ties to get military base on shrilanka, myanmar, etc.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Again, the people of China are not the enemy; the CCP's policy is. Either that or PLA out of CCP's control is the threat.

no smoking

Country flag
Is india- the enemy of China?
No, because india is still not powerful enough to be an enemy.

Do most of chinese hate india?
No. we don't hate someone just because he is playing great game against us. Every country is playing the great game with others. Even Pak is playing this game with us. The only difference is that now Pak is on the same side with us due to its interest. I have no doubt that Pak would be on the other side one day if this change will serve its interest.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles