Why do British people have such a pathetic attitude ?

Discussion in 'Europe and Russia' started by sehwag1830, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

I have had the pleasure of attending hospitals in UK and Australia other than India. From my personal experience, NEVER fall sick in UK.

The doctors and nurses are great in UK actually. I was treated by one Pakistani origin doctor who I thought was an Indian, but a good doc nevertheless [The only person ever to have told me that my Hindi was great!]. But what's frightening is the time taken before you can actually see one! While it was alright for me to wait as it was nothing too unbearable, my colleague's pregnant wife had to struggle quite a bit. What she told was that when a pregnant lady calls the NHS, they dont allow them to come right until the moment they are 100% sure that the time is apt. It's not that they have fun in making patients suffer, but that's the only way that they can regulate the number of patients. But hey... its free!

Australia was fine. When I landed there, had some mysterious red spots all over my body. Rushed to a clinic, had to wait ( for a hour and not days like in UK). Saw a doc, he took a few tests, told me that the results will be there next week. Called them next week to be told that the tests were not conclusive. By that time I was all fine and so didnt bother wasting any more time. And had to pay something like 350 dollars for nothing!

Strangely, I never got such strange health issues when I am in India. Just the regular ones and our doctors handled them just fine. One big issue I have with doctors here in Bangalore when compared to the ones in my hometown is their habit of recommending strong doses of antibiotics for almost anything. Oh yeah... and when in big hospitals, say you are insured, they treat you like a cow and start milking right away!

2. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I am amazed that one person JayATL can take up so much of bandwidth and time of people and be spoken about in so many threads.

It appears that he is important to be discussed for some people or else why discuss?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  3. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Totally agree with your assessment of Indian docs overdoing the antibiotics thing.

And an additional thing - I have seen that Indian docs ask for lot of unnecessary tests and scans. Even if it is not really required.

4. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

The foreign tourists coming to India are the poor people in the west. Honestly.

Manipal, Apollo, Wockhardt etc. Got many many colleagues working there. Its a stepping stone for them to move to the west.

If I practice ethically, the neighbouring doctor will undercut me. He will call me bad names, he will create a image that I am bad. I have had personal experience in this regard. I cannot work ethically and treat patients to a high standard in a system which is not conducive to ethics.

JayATL likes this.
  5. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

While I was writing the lengthy post (for my standards) above, realised that we are way off topic. But posted anyways as I didnt want to waste such a magnum opus! :)

On topic, I think its totally unfair to judge a country based on a few online comments. That would be like judging say a Ewald based on Jay or a Kickok based on some of those CPC sympathizers. You get the drift, dont you? :)

The British do have an attitude but its who they are. Some of the very best professionals I know are British, there is a lot that we can learn from them. And come on guys, we too have an attitude. For eg: we dont like any outsider to say anything that sounds remotely demeaning about ourselves. Some of the British have taken it that Indians have demeaned them by declaring that their product is lesser when compared to their age old rivals. Give them some time, they will get over it!

panduranghari likes this.
  6. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

Well it's simple . I tend to point out the utter rubbish people say here many times and when I do, I ' jaytatl' become the focus and da " anti -Indian', to distract from the fact that I called their sheer stupidity out. then they dig themselves more but continuing to stand firm with utter foolish statements like UK middle class standard of living is lower than India's middle class.

Ofcourse I have fun with it- especially when I can get DFI's so called " respected memebers" to call me a nigger and cracker lover etc. ;)...:lol

7. Bangalorean

Ley, huccha naayi, you are a lying scoundrel - you lie like you breathe on every other post. You were the one who claimed that AB and SRT live worse than any Westerner of any class.

You filthy wannabe yankee, I haven't "waded through sewers" in my recent memory. It is only people like you who make it out that every Indian wades through sewers and that kind of shit. You aren't even worth cleaning my ass.

And listen to what this born wannabe-white asslicker chaprasi says: even a support actor in the UK lives better than Amitabh. And this rascal will turn around a few posts later and claim that he never said it. Fool.

8. JayATL

Weasled out another bullshit claim that I said rich vs middle class , yeah? when asked to prove it. you go to the time tested idiotic statements of drivers and maids = higher standard of living. Show us more images of amitabh's house , the no1 actor for decades in bolloywood, whose house is smaller and worse than a characater actor, 2nd string support actor in UK or US.

9. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

Imagine a life where he is insignificant both in the real as well as virtual world. The man may kill himself. We are trying to cure him of his delusions. If not for DFI, what would Jay feed off. Irrespective of how unpopular he is, we must accept he is a patient and help him get over his inferiority complex and fears. Thats the only remedy for his illness.

10. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

11. Ray

:rofl:

A noble cause alright, but it is driving the Mod Team insane!

Too much of profanity is slipping past the radar! :)

12. Godless-Kafir

Amithab haveing a house in bombay is equal to haveing a house in New York. The property prices in Bombay are insane, no hollywood actor has a house like that in New York. He also has houses in Lavasa, UP, Gujarat.

13. JayATL

Prove it where I said that amitabh and sachin vs any class and not " counter part", Its simple to do it beta.

[​IMG]

BANGALORE: Overflowing drains, flooded houses, long power cuts and fallen trees - the uninvited woes continue to make their way back into the city ..............

City faces monsoon blues - Times Of India

[​IMG]

support actor jeremey reiner's house... LOL you don't know what a support actor is right? haha ignorance is bliss for you. Yes, support actors , forget UK and US no1 actor's house is bigger, better than amitabh's

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hom...d-a-gated-and-restored-1924-greek-reviva.html

UK / US TV actors forget holloywood actors have bigger and better house than amitabh's

shower me with more racist remarks on the comeback . I love it that I show you to be the gutter level poster , similar to what you wade in everytime you tep out in your slighly heavy banglore moonson :lol:

14. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Edited! Foul language!

15. Ray

The thread is:

Why do British people have such a pathetic attitude ?

Are we discussing that or Sachin and Amitabh?

Are they British people with pathetic attitude?

Should we close this thread and you can open one on Sachin and Amitabh!

16. Godless-Kafir

Hahaha This is nothing compared to Antilla. :laugh:

He could not give anything in UK so ge moved of to US. Houses in UK are smaller than in US.

This loser sold out and he is justifying why he did that to us by showing haveing bigger houses causes more happiness.. How many bollywood actors killed themselves like Whitney Huston, Michel Jackson, Ammy Wine house!! hahahah.... Haveing big house and licking white crack whore equals happiness to this loser.

17. Ray

Next irrelevant post and this thread closes!

NO whimpering thereafter, please!

18. Bangalorean

I'm out of this thread. The saying comes to mind - if you wrestle with a pig, the pig enjoys it, but you get dirty.

Godless-Kafir likes this.
  19. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

20. Ray

Dragon slayer has a deep metaphysical meaning behind it!

In Chinese it is possibly

龙杀手

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.