Why do British people have such a pathetic attitude ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
So do they in US or Paris. What is your point?
What is your point counting the number of billionaires ? why don't you count the number of people who die of hunger too ?

Just to humour you,
Many foreign billionaires live in UK because of taxation issues, many native billioanires don't live in the UK. What is the proper criteria ?

Goyal, Agarwal, Mittal, Palonji (Ireland), Dixit(Gibraltar), Hindujas, Kalsi live in the UK and are billionaires and are of Indian origin.

Main point : number of billionaires isn't the best criteria to judge.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
not to mention the caribbean islands.
Arab and Indian billionaires don't visit Caribbean Islands, but many Brit rich go there.

Paris is frequented by a lot of Arab billionaires and a few Indian billionaires.

US is frequented by a lot of Billionaires, but London is the summer home for them.

However, this is all tangential.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And guess what?

The village Sardarji also has God's climate control.

They take out their manjis and savour the cool wafting breeze lulling them off to sleep after a hard day of honest toil! ;)

Each to his own!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
In this thread the topic was and is attitude of British people. It has been hijacked by a person who calls himself to be in top 0.001% league as a critical thinker.
Since we are discussing about the Government sponsored health plan and standard in Western countries versus the standard of healthcare in India.
To those who are critical of sanitation in India, I challenge you to either go there to bring about reform and awareness among the rural population who migrate into cities with a dream for better future for their children as we have done by migrating in to western hemisphere.

I am not going to discuss Western standard versus Indian standard as we all accept the shortcoming in Indian standard since there is plenty of room for improvement and it can be only achieved once we give up "Chalta Hai" attitude. Instead of pointing out the shortcomings and launch personal attacks back and forth, let us form an association of forum members to share the ideas about bringing the positive changes in Indian society by listening to the concerns of Indian citizens from all walks of life.

I am neither Doctor nor Engineer nor a graduate of any university but these are views being expressed due to the fact that personal attacks are getting out of hand which do not solve the challenges being faced by our JanamBhumi. I hope all of you will accept my suggestion and change the direction of discussion.

Jai Hind, JAi Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan

Reactions: Ray

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What is your point counting the number of billionaires ? why don't you count the number of people who die of hunger too ?

Just to humour you,
Many foreign billionaires live in UK because of taxation issues, many native billioanires don't live in the UK. What is the proper criteria ?

Goyal, Agarwal, Mittal, Palonji (Ireland), Dixit(Gibraltar), Hindujas, Kalsi live in the UK and are billionaires and are of Indian origin.

Main point : number of billionaires isn't the best criteria to judge.

Do you even care to ask what we are talking about?

We are discussing if upper middle class in India have as good a life as an average British person.

Then Jaya told us no one in India including Sachin or Amithab have a good life in India compared to even the average person in UK. Is this true?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Do you even care to ask what we are talking about?

We are discussing if upper middle class in India have as good a life as an average British person.

Then Jaya told us no one in India including Sachin or Amithab have a good life in India compared to even the average person in UK. Is this true?
Preposterous.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Look I qualified as a healthcare professional in India and now I work in the UK.

My parents are doctors. They are retired now. They themselves have experienced the 2 systems in india and uk. The problem is the doctor treating you.

In India there is more malpractice than many places. Many so called top doctors do too many interventions without the need. I know, my parents told me this. They used to work in Mumbai.

The quality of exceptional healthcare in India is not as good as in the west. There is no comparison. I do agree the ease of access in India is fast. But quality fails big time. I know I have lived and worked in both the systems.

You are not a healthcare professional, so you perhaps do not know the nuances, but if you ask someone who understands this, they may reluctantly agree.

In the 1960's,70's 80's as there were no private colleges, the quality of medica and dental education was superb.

Now its abysmal. If you work in a govt college and you study medicine, you are ok as common ailments are very common.

If you are studying dentistry, the quality of education in India is very very very poor. I know I am one. I used to think I know, until I understood I know nothing....NOTHING...ZILCH...NADA. And I was top of my class. Says it all doesnt it?

Face it, India has a long way to go. Its going well. but you got to eliminate the dump private colleges and increase the pass mark.
As you have pointed out the root cause of poor quality of medical education being the private colleges, what are your recommendations do improve the standard in private institutions? Can we afford to shut them down across the board or shut down the sub-standard who refuse to improve the level of education?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ The fact is that we just cannot shut down private institutions. The government can't even scratch its arse properly, let alone setting up more and more top-class universities to take care of the demand for increased number of medical professionals.

I know that there are quite a few good private ones. There are a lot of 2-bit ones too. Same thing with engineering.

BTW, has anyone noticed how much the thread has meandered off course, thanks to the efforts of our wannabe Yankee? :tsk:

The easiest way to constantly derail a thread, is to keep making idiotic statements like: "NO Indian can have a better standard of living than ANY American - not even Sachin Tendulkar or Amitach Bacchan or Mukesh Ambani" :frusty:

And the discussion moves on to inane things, endless cycles of arguments, all wasted on stubborn person whose aim is not to learn and expand his knowledge, but to stubbornly try to peddle his crap here.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
How simplistic are you? Indian origin is not the issue, it's Indian education and standard in the medical field that is the issue. You have people taking a crap on the street not because of Indian origin, it's because you don't have proper sanitation offered. You have Indian students going to study aboard , not because they are inclined to do so as Indian's but because they aspire to have a better education.
What would you do to improve the standard of education in medical field? How would you prevent people from using road sides and open field as a latrine?
If Indian education standard is not on par with nations of Western hemisphere, than how is it possible that those graduates from Indian Institutions are not only able to upgrade themselves to standards of USA and Canadian institutions but also appointed as head of their respective departments? All is not bad as you keep repeating on this forum.

I want to share one more thing with you, in Canada no matter from which country one graduates as a Doctor, Engineer, Dentist or Architect they have to go through four to five years of their respective institutions. This is a safeguards to prevent undeserving doctors to abuse the system.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
That is what we are defending against and your telling me that we are carried away. Some janitor in the UK has a better life than me? I refuse to believe that.
I bet paajis post annoyed you more than jays. im right aren't i ? :D

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
^^ The fact is that we just cannot shut down private institutions. The government can't even scratch its arse properly, let alone setting up more and more top-class universities to take care of the demand for increased number of medical professionals.

I know that there are quite a few good private ones. There are a lot of 2-bit ones too. Same thing with engineering.

BTW, has anyone noticed how much the thread has meandered off course, thanks to the efforts of our wannabe Yankee? :tsk:

The easiest way to constantly derail a thread, is to keep making idiotic statements like: "NO Indian can have a better standard of living than ANY American - not even Sachin Tendulkar or Amitach Bacchan or Mukesh Ambani" :frusty:

And the discussion moves on to inane things, endless cycles of arguments, all wasted on stubborn person whose aim is not to learn and expand his knowledge, but to stubbornly try to peddle his crap here.
It is hard to resist this well packaged wannabe yankee. That is why, I stayed away from participating in the discussion and was thinking how to bring some sanity into this lord of critical thinker. This is my third post on this thread. I agree with you what you have stated in your post. I hope we will not get derailed in future but we never know as the saying goes "Nothing sticks to "Chikna Ghara". I have posted few question to him and hope to get answers.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
If at all you MODS want to close any thread please close this one.

radhikareddy

This link is about the Nano hitting the road and what the 'west' had to say (unfortunately,.. the comments that i remember from all those years arent available now) interesting read :eek:) // World's cheapest car upsets environmentalists | World news | guardian.co.uk //

and seriously,.. do we HAVE to look back and expect to be patted on the back ?its interesting how we do that.

by the time we have managed to...................
a)treat the chai wallah as a vendor
b)be less paranoid paranoid about the traffic policeman
c) be more comfortable with the desi burger
..(these among other things...... )
......................im sure the applause will catch up,anyway. :)

HOW do we concentrate on tightening that little screw in our minds ?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This link is about the Nano hitting the road and what the 'west' had to say (unfortunately,.. the comments that i remember from all those years arent available now) interesting read :eek:) // World's cheapest car upsets environmentalists | World news | guardian.co.uk //

and seriously,.. do we HAVE to look back and expect to be patted on the back ?its interesting how we do that.

So we never pat ourselves in the back then? The british are crying now because we did not buy the 12billion dollar fighter deal from them, thanks largely to Jermy Clarkson and his episode of humaliting India, now they know not to behave stupid all the time. Britis are bunch of losers now a days, they always crib and hate others. We dont need their seal of approval for how great we are.

trackwhack

dude ur drunk!

I dont ever expect us to be patted on our backs. I only look forward to the scum in Britain wading through their own shit. And they have no one to blame but themselves.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
dude ur drunk!

I dont ever expect us to be patted on our backs. I only look forward to the scum in Britain wading through their own shit. And they have no one to blame but themselves.
510% debt of GDP?? Why are there no riots in UK is beyond me. The politicians are to scared to do austerity measures so they are cutting back hard on defense spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles