Why China has so few friends?

Galaxy

Country flag
There is also one more point which i missed.

China is authoritarian regime and most of the countries feel threaten with such regime. In war scenario, A Democratic country will never do anything against the people wish but an authoritarian or dictator can do anything in order to win the war. They can't lose the war in front of people. If they lose war, they lose power. Hitler, Mubarak, Gaddafi all were dictator. China 's friend - N.K., Myanmar, Iran, Pakistan - All are either under dictatorship or Isolated/Anti-west. China need to chose good friends.

thecurryguy

Tihar Jail
Banned
well I guess the problem is the Indian government propaganda, the government was portraying India as a victim of this war. But what really happened over there is a different story. On one hand, in the early 50s, India had established a good relation with China in the early 1955, where Chinese prime-minster Zhou had been invited to visit India in that year. On the other hand, India was performing backstabbing activities by initiating a several expansion attack in the southern Tibet region from 1955-1959, during these period, China have tried to approach a peaceful border agreement with India like It did with USSR, Vietnam and Korea, but India has denied such Act and continue with its expansion plan. Which lead to the 1962 war.

kickok1975

Sometimes I wonder if you are Chinese for real as you seldom see anyone from China being so forthcoming. Wont the CCP machine get you for dissent or something man?
I'm actually a very patriotic Chinese, I just try to control my emotion and learn to discuss logically. I wish China best and try to think in a different angle. My country suffered too much in history and I just hate it to get repeated. If CCP can lead China and especially Chinese people to a better future, I have no problem to support it.

Last edited:

Eiffe

well I guess the problem is the Indian government propaganda, the government was portraying India as a victim of this war. But what really happened over there is a different story. On one hand, in the early 50s, India had established a good relation with China in the early 1955, where Chinese prime-minster Zhou had been invited to visit India in that year. On the other hand, India was performing backstabbing activities by initiating a several expansion attack in the southern Tibet region from 1955-1959, during these period, China have tried to approach a peaceful border agreement with India like It did with USSR, Vietnam and Korea, but India has denied such Act and continue with its expansion plan. Which lead to the 1962 war.
from where have you read such crap.. this war was not about tibet. what could china get after 1962, no land transfer and the dalai lama is still here.
the war was mainly because China had built a road in the Indian territory and India thought china would peacefully resolve this issue. and that was a mistake.

trackwhack

You walked into the homes of monks who did not have any bone to pick with anybody. They were living peacefully and in their own little world. And you want to say India is expansionist? At the very least we gave these people a home to live in. And now you call them terrorists.

trackwhack

I'm actually a very patriotic Chinese, I just try to control my emotion and learn to discuss logically. I wish China best and try to think in a different angle. My country suffered too much in history and I just hate it to get repeated. If CCP can lead China to a better future, I have no problem to support it.
Good luck sir. Lets hope all our nations can finally find a way to co-exist peacefully. Well ... we can always count on the pukes to ensure that happens:rolleyes:

kickok1975

When could we stop discussing a half century ago conflict? 1962 war is like a nightmare never goes away in India-China discussion.

kickok1975

friends?

how do you define "friends"ï¼Ÿ

Does India have any friends?Does India consider the US, for example, a friend?

If so, then China and the US enjoy a much closer relationship than India does the US, economically, politically and strategically.

Ditto China's relationship with the EU, Japan, the two Koreas, Brazil, South Afirca。。。etc:rofl::rofl:
Do you have friend? If you do, how do you define a friend and how would you treat them and be treated?

Last edited:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Well, arrogance behaviors from some Chinese people are probably extra reason to cause uncomfortable feelings to many other countries.
The world is a competing place, no doubt. But we still need to coexist with each other and learn how to compromise. Even a small country could become desperate fighter if were pushed to corner. Current Chinese society is like a jungle where the strongest and most powerful live, prosperous whereas poor and disadvantage one suffer and perish. There is no rule except whose fist is bigger. Conscientious and sympathy has no place to live.
Such mentality is unfortunately reflect in our national policy which caused our inconvenience reality today
You nailed it my friend. If only your politburo top guys can read your post and paste it in their mind, China will gain trust of many countries. Your suggestion will be applicable to all those arrogant rulers of other countries as well.

kickok1975

Why we don't have many friends?
Because we are selfish in term of personal level and government level
Because we are self centered and forgot we are part of the world
Because we don't respect some ideology widely accepted by many other people
Because we act as if we are strong and powerful but we are not
Do we need friends? Of course!
Our American friends helped us defeat Japanese
Our Soviet friends helped us built the industry base
Our Asian, African friends helped us into the United Nation

no smoking

Country flag
Why we don't have many friends?
Could you please define the meaning of "friends" on the country level. It would be better if you could give me an example of your 'friends'.

Because we are selfish in term of personal level and government level
Because we are self centered and forgot we are part of the world
What kind of gov it would be if it doesn't place its own people's interest on the top priority?
And again, please give me an example: how we forget we are part of the world.

Because we don't respect some ideology widely accepted by many other people
If you are talking about "democracy", I don't think CCP has ever tried to force any country to get rid of their democratic system.
If you pointing to the china's internal democratic problem, well, at least more than half of chinese won't rise up to fight for your democratic right in current stage.

China is a poor country, we have millions of people living in poverty. There are plenty of serious problems need to be taken care. Your democratic is not even in the top 20.

Because we act as if we are strong and powerful but we are not
Again, which part of China policies is out of its capability?

Do we need friends? Of course!
Our American friends helped us defeat Japanese
It is quite ironic when you say 'Helped" as if Japan was USA's enemy in that war, as if US just started to 'help' us because Japan attack it at first.
Oh, I forgot to mention that USA also helped Japan to invade China by selling all necessary resources for Japanese war machine.

Our Soviet friends helped us built the industry base
No, your soviet friends didn't helped us built the industry base. That is the reward for our huge sacrifice in korea war which helped your soviet friends after their expansion policy. By the way, we paid every piece of machine they sent to us at 3-4 times price later.

Our Asian, African friends helped us into the United Nation
And we paid them with all kinds of financial, economic aids even during our difficult period.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could you please define the meaning of "friends" on the country level. It would be better if you could give me an example of your 'friends'.
I presume a country that will stand by you through thick and thin.

Something like the USSR to India, where she stood by India even during its differences with Russia's fraternal brother, China.

What kind of gov it would be if it doesn't place its own people's interest on the top priority?
And again, please give me an example: how we forget we are part of the world.
Of course all Govts should work towards its own interest.

However, it has to be done cleverly and not upset or scare others.

The ideal example is that of China in the 'Peaceful Rise of China' phase. In that phase she built up equations around the world that supported her even when it may have been morally incorrect. By clever diplomacy, China projected herself as a responsible collaborator of the world, opened up their market to foreign investors, gained all the tech knowhow, and without causing any concern to others, built up China's economy and slowly her military might (this was done marvellously well since none ever made any protest).

But having got herself in a commanding position, China openly challenged others who thought they were the sole owners of the 'superpower' status. They baulked. They built up 'strategic partnerships' and all that and started taking action to confine China. Even then China was the most likeable nation in many parts of the world.

It is when the Chinese adopted the tactics of the very imperialists they condemned, as in Africa, and flooded their markets with cheap Chinese goods which the local industry could not contest with, that things started to sour. Thereafter, China flooded the countries with eager and sharp Chinese small business entrepreneurs, who were chary to mix with the locals, it gave the impression to the locals who were colonies of the West and had barely thrown out the imperialists, it caused real resentment since like the colonials, China was behaving the same way wherein their sharp and highly competitive businessmen were destroying local small business, and at the same time, like the colonial rulers, were isolating themselves from the locals! It must be remembered that Africans are very sensitive of the ostracisation they have historical faced because of their colour and feel any isolation, even inadvertent and innocent, is a deliberate slight!

While the Africans resented the Chinese, the rest of the world read of their plight. There were also many visuals and with the Youtube everything was open to everyone with a computer, even if the TV programme may have been missed.

Hence all are wary! Especially those who have been under imperialists and who are trying to build a country of their own!

And so China is losing friends.

Again, which part of China policies is out of its capability?
China is strong and there I don't agree with Kickok.

Yet, because China is showing very subtly that they are strong is what is upsetting many.

The South China sea issue is one where China is trying to browbeat those involved in the dispute.

Unnecessarily flexing its muscle with India with silly issues as stapled visa and South Tibet. And good for India that China has done so, for now the Indian Govt has woken up. It maybe by design so that India wastes money on defence and not for their people, but then money is not really that big a problem for India as it was before.

What will be worrisome for China is if India 'outsources' some of her defence to friends, even in a very loose tie!

It has upset the US instead of lulling the US to sleep as it had done during the 'Peaceful Rise', the US has realised what is afoot and is taking rather serious and even dangerous move that can only be against China's interests.

China has shot itself in the foot!

It is quite ironic when you say 'Helped" as if Japan was USA's enemy in that war, as if US just started to 'help' us because Japan attack it at first.
Oh, I forgot to mention that USA also helped Japan to invade China by selling all necessary resources for Japanese war machine.
In WWII, Japan was not US' friend, and instead was an enemy.

The US helped Chiang Kai Shek of China in that war and never forget the Hump that kept China alive! Or else, you would have been a part of Japan!

Thanks to China's militarily aggressive policies that has become current, Japan which had becoming 'neutral', it has sent Japan scurrying back into the US' warm embrace. To imagine Japan did not want to be in the US plan to contain China from India to the Pacific Rim, but now Japan is making overtures of total intent!

No, your soviet friends didn't helped us built the industry base. That is the reward for our huge sacrifice in korea war which helped your soviet friends after their expansion policy. By the way, we paid every piece of machine they sent to us at 3-4 times price later.
That would be a total falsehood.

Your ancient industries that you are converting is all based or gifted by Russia.

They helped you all the way.

Don't be ungrateful.

This is how you all reinvent history!

And we paid them with all kinds of financial, economic aids even during our difficult period.
Give us another bedtime story or another story from Hans Christen Andersen!

thecurryguy

Tihar Jail
Banned
I presume a country that will stand by you through thick and thin.

Something like the USSR to India, where she stood by India even during its differences with Russia's fraternal brother, China.

Of course all Govts should work towards its own interest.

However, it has to be done cleverly and not upset or scare others.

The ideal example is that of China in the 'Peaceful Rise of China' phase. In that phase she built up equations around the world that supported her even when it may have been morally incorrect. By clever diplomacy, China projected herself as a responsible collaborator of the world, opened up their market to foreign investors, gained all the tech knowhow, and without causing any concern to others, built up China's economy and slowly her military might (this was done marvellously well since none ever made any protest).

But having got herself in a commanding position, China openly challenged others who thought they were the sole owners of the 'superpower' status. They baulked. They built up 'strategic partnerships' and all that and started taking action to confine China. Even then China was the most likeable nation in many parts of the world.

It is when the Chinese adopted the tactics of the very imperialists they condemned, as in Africa, and flooded their markets with cheap Chinese goods which the local industry could not contest with, that things started to sour. Thereafter, China flooded the countries with eager and sharp Chinese small business entrepreneurs, who were chary to mix with the locals, it gave the impression to the locals who were colonies of the West and had barely thrown out the imperialists, it caused real resentment since like the colonials, China was behaving the same way wherein their sharp and highly competitive businessmen were destroying local small business, and at the same time, like the colonial rulers, were isolating themselves from the locals! It must be remembered that Africans are very sensitive of the ostracisation they have historical faced because of their colour and feel any isolation, even inadvertent and innocent, is a deliberate slight!

While the Africans resented the Chinese, the rest of the world read of their plight. There were also many visuals and with the Youtube everything was open to everyone with a computer, even if the TV programme may have been missed.

Hence all are wary! Especially those who have been under imperialists and who are trying to build a country of their own!

And so China is losing friends.

China is strong and there I don't agree with Kickok.

Yet, because China is showing very subtly that they are strong is what is upsetting many.

The South China sea issue is one where China is trying to browbeat those involved in the dispute.

Unnecessarily flexing its muscle with India with silly issues as stapled visa and South Tibet. And good for India that China has done so, for now the Indian Govt has woken up. It maybe by design so that India wastes money on defence and not for their people, but then money is not really that big a problem for India as it was before.

What will be worrisome for China is if India 'outsources' some of her defence to friends, even in a very loose tie!

It has upset the US instead of lulling the US to sleep as it had done during the 'Peaceful Rise', the US has realised what is afoot and is taking rather serious and even dangerous move that can only be against China's interests.

China has shot itself in the foot!

In WWII, Japan was not US' friend, and instead was an enemy.

The US helped Chiang Kai Shek of China in that war and never forget the Hump that kept China alive! Or else, you would have been a part of Japan!

Thanks to China's militarily aggressive policies that has become current, Japan which had becoming 'neutral', it has sent Japan scurrying back into the US' warm embrace. To imagine Japan did not want to be in the US plan to contain China from India to the Pacific Rim, but now Japan is making overtures of total intent!

That would be a total falsehood.

Your ancient industries that you are converting is all based or gifted by Russia.

They helped you all the way.

Don't be ungrateful.

This is how you all reinvent history!

Give us another bedtime story or another story from Hans Christen Andersen!

It is the fact that USSR were confronted with China in their southern boarder when there is a link established between China and USA.

The second question you raised up is about China's rise and its military build up. I presume that lead to the same problem as to our Indian friends, China has to secure its essential Fossil Oil and export transportation routines, which obviously crossed the Indian Ocean and the south China sea. Like what you said, do not intensifying and extending the pressure to your neighbors. I don't see any actions taken by Indian authorities have eased these tensions, such as deploying mountain infantry groups near the China-India border, high profile fighter jet purchasing plan and built large navy fleets are contrary to a peaceful India image. Through all these news and information, people who live around India will get frustrated by the movement of India Government.

And the third question, I think our Indian friend are getting over excited about the south China sea issue, well, I have heard too much story from you guys, which saying it is too far from China and therefore China has no right to claim them. Hey friends, did you ever studied about the issue, did you know that Chinese have occupied and set a flag there since 1960. I bet you don't know about it. Philippians did not claim the island after the WWII, it is only noted that during the 70s when the US discovered fossil oil over there, Philippians start to form an opinion against its original words. And what about India, all these Andaman Islands are thousands of miles away from India mainland, from an outsider I reckon it should belong to Burma. Well you may notice that I don't understand India's Background and History, and just bullsh*ting. We felt the same thing.

And Please, do not argue about the Chinese contribution in WWII. It is true that US had contributed loads of supply and pilots to Southern China During the WWII, they have been really generous and helpful during that time. But what you said is rubbish, without US China will become a part of Japan. You are neglecting the millions of soldiers and civilians who scarified their life to save you, how dare you say that. Without China's operation in Burma during 1942 Japan would have India in its hand. British were busy running around and fighting the Germans, India is simply not capable of fighting the Japanese Invasion forces. (I am using your way of description and you will learn how to put yourself into other person's shoe and learn how to respect.)

USSR helped us all the way? where did you learn this, immediately after Stalin's death. Russian experts have been pulled out of China, many projects have to terminate as a consequence of this. Yes, USSR helped up to build some of our early industrial facilities. But we have rewarded them since 1959. What about India, after USSR's collapse, when the rupee exchange system fails, India stop paying its debt and pretend as if India has cleared it debts with USSR. I assume that is the reason for the expensive Russian armory prices, nothing is free guys.

Albania, Vietnam, Egypt. Do I have to quote the hundreds of free supports in here.

ice berg

China's economy is growing. China becomes biggest trading partner for many countries. China loans and invests billions of dollars overseas. We buy everybody's debt and we build many roads, buildings, and sea port for others, yet our friend list kept shrinking every year. What's wrong with us?
North Korea is our friend, maybe not. Once China stops feeding them, they could turn bite us.
Iran is our friend, maybe. They trust Russia more, they can't count on us
Russia is our friend, half and half. They think we are friend when they need it
Cuba is our friend, but they are too far away not helpful
Pakistan is also our friend, but since we are friend with them, India won't be friend with us
Vietnam used to be our friend. But they treat us as their No.1 enemy now
What about Libya, Iraq, Egypt, Syria? Ooops, regimes changed or could be changed soon
Do we used to have many friends? Yes. Do we want more friends?...... If so, how?
I think you are seriously mistaken friendship as between people and alliances between countries. If you dont know the differeanse, I suggest you start ask around abit before you post those kind questions. Oh btw China got lots of friends. It is just you who are ignorant. If we only count those surrounding China: Pakistan, Thailand, Russia,Kazakhstan, Bhutan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Burma until recently. And China is not Vietnams No. 1 enemy. China has disputes with Vietnam. It dosnt make them enemies. There are also lots of friendly countries around the world too if you bother to do your research.
And one more thing, if you trully know the meaning of "friendship", then you should know that it is not how many friends you got that is important, but what they will do for you. Sadly, your post just showed that you dont have a clue. Guess your "friends" didnt tell you that, did they?:rolleyes:

kickok1975

I think you are seriously mistaken friendship as between people and alliances between countries. If you dont know the differeanse, I suggest you start ask around abit before you post those kind questions. Oh btw China got lots of friends. It is just you who are ignorant. If we only count those surrounding China: Pakistan, Thailand, Russia,Kazakhstan, Bhutan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Burma until recently. And China is not Vietnams No. 1 enemy. China has disputes with Vietnam. It dosnt make them enemies. There are also lots of friendly countries around the world too if you bother to do your research.
And one more thing, if you trully know the meaning of "friendship", then you should know that it is not how many friends you got that is important, but what they will do for you. Sadly, your post just showed that you dont have a clue. Guess your "friends" didnt tell you that, did they?:rolleyes:
I'm just telling the truth. You can choose not to believe it. Isn't it that obvious that everyone can see China is surrounded by a group of not friendly countries? When was last time we end up in such situation? Of course US conspiracy played a role in it as our government told us and most of us believe. But like an old Chinese saying says: "A fly won't sting an egg that is not stinky"

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
I'm just telling the truth. You can choose not to believe it. Isn't it that obvious that everyone can see China is surrounded by a group of not friendly countries? When was last time we end up in such situation? Of course US conspiracy played a role in it as our government told us and most of us believe. But like an old Chinese saying says: "A fly won't sting an egg that is not stinky"
U think u know the truth? LOL Don't be too sure, 穷逼。

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
As the saying goes there is no eternal friendship between nations, there is only the ever-present interest. China has therefore no fewer friends than India has and probably no more enemies than the latter has, too. On paper, China has diplomatic relationships with virtually all countries on earth with the exception of the 20 or so mostly tiny countries that recognize taiwan. There is US, there is Pakistan, there is Vietnam, and there is India. And abroad, chinese are no less welcome than indians are too. In fact, all around the world, at hotels, shops catering foreigners, you will often see chinese flag flying along side japanese and american ones, yet you rarely ever see indian flag. But i'm not saying they hater indians more, its just chinese visitors usually carry deeper pockets and therefore bring a lot more revenue. Ultimately in this world, its the moeny that counts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles