Why China failed in creating own brands

esolve

Who owns all of the above PRC brands above. Is it private individuals - is it Government Agents - Is it Government owned.

Who owns all of the above Indian brands above.

The answer is that PRC people and individuals have failed in creating own brands in fact any significant company in PRC. Its a pity because the people of PRC are the reason why PRC company and brands do well but alas everything must be given to the Peoples Republic of China. Nothing wrong with that apparently.
Dude, Huawei, Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent, Xiaomi are all private companies

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
You forgot to add lenovo...

Well china not having brand is pure western bullsh8t.
India should consider china as her role model.
But arunachal is and will always remain an integral part of India....

esolve

You forgot to add lenovo...

Well china not having brand is pure western bullsh8t.
India should consider china as her role model.
But arunachal is and will always remain an integral part of India....
ah, OK, I thought lenovo is a state-owned enterprise,
yes, it was a SOE, but now it has changed to be a private one.

s002wjh

Country flag
Lenovo, Haier, TP-link routers (check your wifi router and see the brands, in europe I see it everywhere), Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi, DJI drone camera
BYD electric bus
my router is from linksys which is own by belkin a US brand. In US i only see Haier, but thats not consider a quality brand compare to samasung LG, whirlpool etc. lenovo purchase IBM pc, all their tech was from IBM. when i said quality, meaning, brand similar to Apple, intel, AMD, toyota, honda, siemen. most people buy chinese goods is due to its value, not its superior quality. china has a long way before everyone said Xiaomi is like apple.

Last edited:

esolve

my router is from linksys which is own by belkin a US brand. In US i only see Haier, but thats not consider a quality brand compare to samasung LG, whirlpool etc. lenovo purchase IBM pc, all their tech was from IBM. when i said quality, meaning, brand similar to Apple, intel, AMD, toyota, honda, siemen. most people buy chinese goods is due to its value, not its superior quality. china has a long way before everyone said Xiaomi is like apple.
Research firm Euromonitor has announced that Haier is the number one Global Major Appliances Brand for the fifth consecutive year.Haier is the world's number one Major Appliances manufacturer with an 11.6% retail volume share in 2013. Haier has high-end products, which are expensive but with good sales.

Honestly, I didn't know the brand "whirlpool". Samsung is famous for its phones, I don't know why you guys trust its appliances like fridge, washing machine.... Siemens is indeed good brand. 10 years ago, Chinese middle class are keen to buy appliances from Siemens, Panasonic. But now they are willing to buy home-brand appliances. The only reason is that the quality of home-brand appliances have caught up or even surpassed those foreign brands. But yeah, maybe Americans dont believe so, coz impression is not easy to be changed.

I would say that Huawei is already been in the same league as Apple, intel, AMD, toyota, honda, siemen. When I say Huawei, I'm not referring to its smartphone, but its telecom devices/services. It's hand in hand with Ericcson as NO.1 in telecom fields. It can be even better if US allows it to enter the USA market.

I see TP-LInk everywhere in europe, from university labs to homes.

DJI drone camera is expensive, but its sales are good in the west. It is a fantastic innovation which opens a new market or a product line. Hollywood film makers also use it for film shooting.

BTW, BYD electric bus is also successful in the west.
http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...l-dominate-the-us-electric-bus-market/360985/

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
quality/reputation take long time to established. when people start buying chinese due to its quality, then thats quality product. Haier has huge domestic/developing world market, but for countries similar to Japan,US, canada etc people prefer other brands. Haier do make small appliance such as mini-fridge etc, but so does many other brands.

ppl trust samsung appliance because it has been good. not sure where you get th info on haier on par or surpassed other brand without anything to back up, such as a direct review between hairer vs samsung/lg etc from an independent source.
Huawei is huge not because its tech/quality is better, but because its good value. i like to see a comparsion against some other quality router etc etc.

china has brand, but its not know for its quality yet. it is know for its value.

Last edited:

esolve

quality/reputation take long time to established. when people start buying chinese due to its quality, then thats quality product. Haier has huge domestic/developing world market, but for countries similar to Japan,US, canada etc people prefer other brands. Haier do make small appliance such as mini-fridge etc, but so does many other brands.

ppl trust samsung appliance because it has been good. not sure where you get th info on haier on par or surpassed other brand without anything to back up, such as a direct review between hairer vs samsung/lg etc from an independent source.
Huawei is huge not because its tech/quality is better, but because its good value. i like to see a comparsion against some other quality router etc etc.

china has brand, but its not know for its quality yet. it is know for its value.
Who told you Haier only makes little-fridge? why do you want to use "small" "little", it is really laughable...

Whirlpool Nevada 1400 vs Haier HW70-1402D - Washing Machines Specs Comparison
Whirlpool WGD70HEBW vs Haier HD80-79 - Tumble Dryers Specs Comparison

From the above random samples, Haier gets more support in performance than Whirlpool.

If you are familiar with the telecom industry, e.g, you are working in mobile operators like Vodafone, Sprint, you will know that Huawei, Ericsson, Alcatel, Siemens&Nokia and ZTE are the top 5 telecom vendors, while Huawei and Ericsson drop other 3 behind a lot.

why do you intentionally ignore DJI drone camera and BYD electric bus?

s002wjh

Country flag
Who told you Haier only makes little-fridge? why do you want to use "small" "little", it is really laughable...

Whirlpool Nevada 1400 vs Haier HW70-1402D - Washing Machines Specs Comparison
Whirlpool WGD70HEBW vs Haier HD80-79 - Tumble Dryers Specs Comparison

From the above random samples, Haier gets more support in performance than Whirlpool.

If you are familiar with the telecom industry, e.g, you are working in mobile operators like Vodafone, Sprint, you will know that Huawei, Ericsson, Alcatel, Siemens&Nokia and ZTE are the top 5 telecom vendors, while Huawei and Ericsson drop other 3 behind a lot.

why do you intentionally ignore DJI drone camera and BYD electric bus?
if you read my thread i said, there mini-fridge is decent, did i say anything about haier make only mini-fridge. Yes manufacture "CLAIM" performance etc etc. but guess what, asking any american or reviewer see whos choosing haier over whirlpool.
and Like i said before people buy chinese product for its value not quality, least not yet (there are certain thing china does make that has superior quality but usually in the low-tech area).

i dont have DJI drone camera so i dont know, but there are bunch camera that can be mounted to drones, the drone camera is far from TOP quality product. as for the bus, it is a good product but how good is remain to be seen. like i said until independent reviewer and consumer choose haier,xiaomi, etc etc over sony, samsung, toyota etc etc, only then chinese product is consider quality products. face its chinese product currently is not consider top of the line, maybe in 10-20yrs, if they can establish their reputation

esolve

if you read my thread i said, there mini-fridge is decent, did i say anything about haier make only mini-fridge. Yes manufacture "CLAIM" performance etc etc. but guess what, asking any american or reviewer see whos choosing haier over whirlpool.
and Like i said before people buy chinese product for its value not quality, least not yet (there are certain thing china does make that has superior quality but usually in the low-tech area).

i dont have DJI drone camera so i dont know, but there are bunch camera that can be mounted to drones, the drone camera is far from TOP quality product. as for the bus, it is a good product but how good is remain to be seen. like i said until independent reviewer and consumer choose haier,xiaomi, etc etc over sony, samsung, toyota etc etc, only then chinese product is consider quality products. face its chinese product currently is not consider top of the line, maybe in 10-20yrs, if they can establish their reputation
you are just selling excuse.
You intentionally ignore the fact that Huawei has been the top telecome giant. You regard DJI drone camera as only a product that "mounts a camera to a drone" and so it is nothing high-tech, which is seriously due to your prejudice. Then you can also argue that Google glass only mount computer system to a glass, or smartphone only embed computer system to a phone. Why do you think DJI is far from top quality while you have not used it? It is the first true mass-market Drone

DJI Phantom Quadcopter - the first true mass-market Drone! - Drone Flyers

and the DJI Phantom has become the face of the nascent commercial drone industry.

Phantom of the Operator: Discussing the Future of Drones with DJI's Eric Cheng - DRONELIFE

the two links are independent reviewers

Compersion

Country flag
Who are all the shareholders and ultimate owners that control such Private Companies.

You mention two fascinating names ... Alibaba and Tencent. Two companies that ought to be owned and managed by individuals.

In fact Alibaba is "owned" by a Japanese - it is a Japanese company but what about future "Control".

You can evaluate Lenovo - even though i have not but I have a strong presumption - to see who the real owner(s) are.

The support and approval from PRC Government is compulsory for any Company in PRC. It is needed and renewed periodically. It is not a one time application and not based on enterprise and entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

esolve

Who are all the shareholders and ultimate owners that control such Private Companies.

You mention two fascinating names ... Alibaba and Tencent. Two companies that ought to be owned and managed by individuals.

In fact Alibaba is "owned" by a Japanese - it is a Japanese company but what about future "Control".

You can evaluate Lenovo - even though i have not but I have a strong presumption - to see who the real owner(s) are.
According to your theory, Samsung is a American company coz 54% of its share is held by USA. Many internstional giants have foreign shareholders.

Huawei's share is totally held by Huawei crew, all share holders of lenovo are Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why should China waste time in creating brands, when it can replicate it without any difference?

esolve

Why should China waste time in creating brands, when it can replicate it without any difference?
Japan, South Korea did replication before and were joked as copycat nations, and then they began to create their own brands.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Japan, South Korea did replication before and were joked as copycat nations, and then they began to create their own brands.
But the Chinese are wise.

Why waste time?

esolve

Have you heard of the phrase, 'reinventing the wheel'?
you can continue your joke here, everyone knows you are just using every logic to defend for your ignorance or arrogance

Compersion

Country flag
According to your theory, Samsung is a American company coz 54% of its share is held by USA. Many internstional giants have foreign shareholders.

Huawei's share is totally held by Huawei crew, all share holders of lenovo are Chinese.
I apologize and would like to say at the forefront that my synopsis can be more refined and i am only trying to outline a point and hence the conceptual approach.

Korean companies can have foreign ownership. But that is not the case of PRC especially the worthwhile local ones and no where near ~ 50% foreign ownership. I have not looked at Samsung and rely on what you say. But the promoter of Samsung i believe is the Lee Family and I am sure they have control over Samsung - the shareholders and investors of KSE including that of Samsung have a higher transparency coefficient and financial stability factor compared to any company in PRC - hence a high "foreign" participation and promoter approach to being below 49% - i am sure the large funds are aligned with the promoters allowing them to control the board and decision making. In fact outside Hong Kong and some ADRs there is minimalist foreign participation. In fact even all Hong Kong PRC company and ADRs of PRC company i am sure they are "controlled" by PRC. Please remember the PRC companies that get listed outside PRC are approved by Communist Party. Do you really think they will allow a free willy. They only reason the "individual" survive is because of PRC communist party patronage.

But that is where the fascinating example of Alibaba comes in and also to some extent Tencent. We take a look at Alibaba that has "foreign" ownership and its origins and planning are from outside PRC - i do not believe any worthwhile PRC brand is foreign owned except Alibaba (i ignore Hong Kong and Taiwan and even Macau). In fact if one was a PRC insider they would be making sure Alibaba is controlled by PRC communist party at the earliest. And i believe that is being done. Especially since the sales are done in PRC. Control does not mean Ownership.

The "local" PRC worthwhile companies are all if not 99% "controlled" by PRC communist party. That is the individuals controlling the company are agents of Communist Party of PRC and the only reason their names are on such companies. I have not evaluated Lenovo and you have mentioned Huawei "crew". Take the major shareholder of Lenovo and Huawei who is it and why are they there. Dont forget its not hard to find a PHD holder in PRC these days who can read and write.

I wont be surprised if "Brands" are created over dinner during a Communist Party gathering in Beijing. After which a individual is given a ticket. You know capitalism with a PRC touch.

s002wjh

Country flag
you are just selling excuse.
You intentionally ignore the fact that Huawei has been the top telecome giant. You regard DJI drone camera as only a product that "mounts a camera to a drone" and so it is nothing high-tech, which is seriously due to your prejudice. Then you can also argue that Google glass only mount computer system to a glass, or smartphone only embed computer system to a phone. Why do you think DJI is far from top quality while you have not used it? It is the first true mass-market Drone

DJI Phantom Quadcopter - the first true mass-market Drone! - Drone Flyers

and the DJI Phantom has become the face of the nascent commercial drone industry.

Phantom of the Operator: Discussing the Future of Drones with DJI's Eric Cheng - DRONELIFE

the two links are independent reviewers
lol not selling excuse its the truth china still has long way to go before its brand consider to be quality brand, ask ANY westerner about it. just because you make more stuff doesn't mean its the superior quality stuff.

as for the drone yes its a camera mount on quadhelicopter, kudo to china make these. drone been use by many countries, drone/rc plane with camera is nothing new. china make these to be available to masses, but it doesn't mean its the superior quality stuff.
they do deserve the credit of been new at market/put the necessary software in place and sell it at reasonable price to consumers. but you can't use a single product to justify all chinese product.

china make good progress, but its not there yet. when westner consumer start buying chinese made appliance, high quality electronic, automobile etc etc over existing quality brand, then it would count as quality brand

esolve

I apologize and would like to say at the forefront that my synopsis can be more refined and i am only trying to outline a point and hence the conceptual approach.

Korean companies can have foreign ownership. But that is not the case of PRC especially the worthwhile local ones and no where near ~ 50% foreign ownership. I have not looked at Samsung and rely on what you say. But the promoter of Samsung i believe is the Lee Family and I am sure they have control over Samsung - the shareholders and investors of KSE including that of Samsung have a higher transparency coefficient and financial stability factor compared to any company in PRC - hence a high "foreign" participation and promoter approach to being below 49% - i am sure the large funds are aligned with the promoters allowing them to control the board and decision making. In fact outside Hong Kong and some ADRs there is minimalist foreign participation. In fact even all Hong Kong PRC company and ADRs of PRC company i am sure they are "controlled" by PRC. Please remember the PRC companies that get listed outside PRC are approved by Communist Party. Do you really think they will allow a free willy. They only reason the "individual" survive is because of PRC communist party patronage.

But that is where the fascinating example of Alibaba comes in and also to some extent Tencent. We take a look at Alibaba that has "foreign" ownership and its origins and planning are from outside PRC - i do not believe any worthwhile PRC brand is foreign owned except Alibaba (i ignore Hong Kong and Taiwan and even Macau). In fact if one was a PRC insider they would be making sure Alibaba is controlled by PRC communist party at the earliest. And i believe that is being done. Especially since the sales are done in PRC. Control does not mean Ownership.

The "local" PRC worthwhile companies are all if not 99% "controlled" by PRC communist party. That is the individuals controlling the company are agents of Communist Party of PRC and the only reason their names are on such companies. I have not evaluated Lenovo and you have mentioned Huawei "crew". Take the major shareholder of Lenovo and Huawei who is it and why are they there. Dont forget its not hard to find a PHD holder in PRC these days who can read and write.

I wont be surprised if "Brands" are created over dinner during a Communist Party gathering in Beijing. After which a individual is given a ticket. You know capitalism with a PRC touch.
First, for samsung, you can visit the following link to see that 54% of Samsung's share is held by foreigners, coincidentally around 54% of alibaba is held by foreigners. You can also see that Lee family only hold less than 5%. By comparison, Mayun, the founder/promotor of Alibaba hold 8.9% of its share.

SAMSUNG

Compared to Samsung, the promotor and founder of Alibaba is Ma Yun and Ma Yun has full control of Alibaba. Alibaba is based in China, started in China and developed in China, and its management board and crew are mostly Chinese. How can you be so ridiculous to judge the nationality of a company by whether that country is ruled by CCP or not?

Second, what you said is full of ignorane and brain-washing results. You SIMPLY have no idea about China's political and economic institution. All you said is just your imagination and you can just shoot a movie for it. JUST a JOKE! XDDDDDDDD. I won't bother to argue on your crack, but I want to comment on some points:

i do not believe any worthwhile PRC brand is foreign owned except Alibaba
Just now you mentioned Tencent, then why you believe Alibaba is the only foreign-owned company? Are you fighting with yourself in logic?
You simply have no idea of Chinese companies, you pay attention to Alibaba only coz it is recently heavily reported by international media.

Take the major shareholder of Lenovo and Huawei who is it and why are they there. Dont forget its not hard to find a PHD holder in PRC these days who can read and write.

what do you mean by saying this? who told you that the shareholder must be a Phd? Is Steve Jobs or Bill Gates a Phd? are you joking?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles