Why are so many Indians ignorant about the demographics of J&K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@atheisthindu
Also Zorawar Singh is said to be Kashmiri Rajput (Bharadwaj clan is it??).
Not really sure if he was Dogra. His death was avenged by Dogras though.
Can you provide more information on Zorawar Singh's lineage?

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
@atheisthindu
There is no such thing as a Kashmiri Rajput. All Kashmiri Hindus are pandits/Brahmins. Zorawar Singh was a dogra general of gulab singh's army. He was killed in battle with the Chinese empire(Qing dynasty). Both sides agreed to never invade each other again, basically a ceasefire.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@atheisthindu
There are no Kashmiri Rajputs, afaik.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There is no such thing as a Kashmiri Rajput. All Kashmiri Hindus are pandits/Brahmins. Zorawar Singh was a dogra general of gulab singh's army. He was killed in battle with the Chinese empire(Qing dynasty). Both sides agreed to never invade each other again, basically a ceasefire.
Zoravar Singh (not to be confused Sahibzada Zoravar Singh) led the Sikh Army against the Chinese. After his death, a ceasefire treaty was signed between Sikhs and Chinese.

At the time Sikhs were also involved with the British, and Gulab Singh's role is well know during Anglo-Sikh war.

Gulab Singh afaik didn't face the Chinese, after buying Kashmir from the British.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Zoravar Singh (not to be confused Sahibzada Zoravar Singh) led the Sikh Army against the Chinese. After his death, a ceasefire treaty was signed between Sikhs and Chinese.

At the time Sikhs were also involved with the British, and Gulab Singh's role is well know during Anglo-Sikh war.

Gulab Singh afaik didn't face the Chinese, after buying Kashmir from the British.
No he fought for gulab Singh. This war was after dogra conquest of ladakh. And only Kashmir valley was bought. Mirpur, Gilgit baltistan, Ladakh, and Jammu were conquered.
You are obsessed with Sikhs and spewing anti dogra propaganda sorry to say.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No he fought for gulab Singh. This war was after dogra conquest of ladakh
Zorawar Singh was a sepoy in Gulab Singh's. Gulab Singh was a feudatory of Ranjit Singh, having been defeated by the Sikhs.
Zorawar Singh caught Ranjit Singh's eye and he was made a General in the Sikh Army.

Zorawar Singh had twice led the Sikh conquest of Ladakh. The Second time he pressed onto China but was defeated and killed in battle.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Zorawar Singh was a sepoy in Gulab Singh's. Gulab Singh was a feudatory of Ranjit Singh, having been defeated by the Sikhs.
Zorawar Singh caught Ranjit Singh's eye and he was made a General in the Sikh Army.

Zorawar Singh had twice led the Sikh conquest of Ladakh. The Second time he pressed onto China but was defeated and killed in battle.
Completely wrong. Gulab Singh was Sikh at the time too that's why it's called sino Sikh war but he was a dogra Sikh. Not your kind

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Completely wrong. Gulab Singh was Sikh at the time too that's why it's called sino Sikh war but he was a dogra Sikh. Not your kind
Where did I say he was not a Dogra ? But since he was part of the Sikh Army, ergo there weren't Dogra conquests but Sikh conquests.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Where did I say he was not a Dogra ? But since he was part of the Sikh Army, ergo there weren't Dogra conquests but Sikh conquests.
Gulab singh reconverted back to Hinduism. How many Sikhs are there in Jammu? Like 3 %

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
:thumb: for PoK! BJP asked that in parliament last year, but cooled off soon after that.

Aksai Chin is non-populated.

I don't understand why doesn't have MPs from PoK and CoK ? Maybe defectors can be made MPs or MLAs.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Who cares what the backstabber did !

So ? There are 0% of Sikhs in Lahore, the erstwhile Capital. :confused:
Dogra policies favoured Hindus and Hari Singh was a Hindu. At one point dogra a even tried to reconvert Kashmiri Muslims to Hinduism. I don't know what you are talking about frankly. Please don't let your hatred of dogras consume your soul.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Dogra policies favoured Hindus and Hari Singh was a Hindu. At one point dogra a even tried to reconvert Kashmiri Muslims to Hinduism.
How is this relevant ?

I don't know what you are talking about frankly. Please don't let your hatred of dogras consume your soul.
Can you, in this thread, refer to any statement I made that is factually incorrect ?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
How is this relevant ?

Can you, in this thread, refer to any statement I made that is factually incorrect ?
It's relevant because it proves that dogra empire was founded by Hindus. It's very foundations lie in Hinduism.
And sorry but there is no point in discussing with a biased person. You don't even call us dogras. You say dogris to mock us! And you seem to think we are racist,which frankly is ironic coming from a punjabi. how many punjabis are racist towards biharis and south indians? i would say 100% just because punjabis are a shade lighter. i don't know why you are biased.. Maybe you got rejected by a dogra girl! Maybe you were brainwashed by a Kashmiri! Maybe you were bullied by a dogra. I can only guess but your racist bias towards dogras is obvious from day 1!

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It's relevant because it proves that dogra empire was founded by Hindus. It's very foundations lie in Hinduism.
I didn't know we were discussing this ? :confused:

It was not an empire. It was bought from the British, after Gulab Singh's treachery. At best it can be called a kingdom, because Gulab Singh had pledged allegiance and accepted the suzerainty of the British.

"In consideration of the transfer made to him and his heirs by the provisions
of the foregoing articles, Maharaja Gulab Singh will pay to the British government the sum
of seventy-five lacs (seven and half millions) of rupees (Nanakshahi), fifty lacs to be paid on
ratification of this Treaty, and twenty-five lacs on or before the 1st of October of the
current year, AD 1846. "

" The limits of the territories of Maharaja Gulab Singh shall not be, at any
time, changed without concurrence of the British government."

"Maharaja Gulab Singh acknowledges the supremacy of the British
government, and will, in token of such supremacy, present annually to the British
government one horse, twelve perfect shawl goats of approved breed (six male and six
female), and three pairs of Kashmir shawls.*"

From Treaty of Amritsar
www.kashmirnetwork.com/justju/stuff/treaty.pdf

Gulab Singh was the leader of the "Khalsa Raj" and was highly popular with the Sikh soldiers, and his brothers held high offices including those of the Prime Minister of the "Khalsa Raj" As such it was not possible for them to be not Sikhs. And they were cunning

And further Gulab Singh, had been serving as a soldier in the Sikh Army since his teens.

It is entirely possible that they re-converted back. It wasn't advantageous for them anyways to remain Sikh, because the Sikh power by then had declined, they derived their power from Dogra Rajputs who were largely Hindus, and because the Sikhs treated them as traitors.

===
And sorry but there is no point in discussing with a biased person.
This is what people say if their bs is called out.

You don't even call us dogras. You say dogris to mock us!
Dogris are those who speak Dogri. Dogras are those who are well Dogras. If I am mistaken do let me know.

And you seem to think we are racist,which frankly is ironic coming from a punjabi.
I said Dogris are only racists towards KP refugees followed by a wink.
I never contested your inference.

how many punjabis are racist towards biharis and south indians? i would say 100% just because punjabis are a shade lighter. i don't know why you are biased.. Maybe you got rejected by a dogra girl! Maybe you were brainwashed by a Kashmiri! Maybe you were bullied by a dogra. I can only guess but your racist bias towards dogras is obvious from day 1!
Dude this is the 4th time you are repeating this.
I am very racist, happy ?
I am most likely a couple of shade lighter than you and I love Naomi Campbell.
I call bs when I see it.
I was never rejected by a dogra girl, kashmiri girls are prettier.
I don't hang out with shawl-walas. (sarcastic comment)
My first and oldest friend is from Jammu.
I have a bias for facts.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
so what i learn today is-
1. dogras and kashmiris are different.
2.dogras and dogris are different.
3. all dogras are not rajputs.
4.dogras hate kp's.
5.hari singh nalwa was not a dogra according to singh and he was a dogra according to blackwater.
6.dogras are rajputs and some are not and dogri are the people those who speaks dogra language.
now this is a fu**ed logic.i mean all dogra will speak dogri and therefore all dogras are dogri :p.
7.singh is a sikh and he hate dogras. :taunt1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles