Why are so many Indians ignorant about the demographics of J&K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Honestly, indians are really ignorant about my state, both in real life and online. When I told someone I'm from jammu, they assume I'm a kashmiri! Most of people in Jammu are NOT kashmiri. We don't speak kashmiri and are not ethnic kashmiris!! We are dogras and most of us are hindus also! One guy told me "you look like a muslim!" What kind of idiodicy is this? There are many famous dogras in the world. Santoor player Pandit Shivkumar Sharma, Actor Vidyut Jamwal, Actor KL Saigal, Tv actress Ridhi Dogra etc... Pls don't call dogras kashmiris. We are offended when someone calls us kashmiri. Please learn about my state.
Btw majority (~50%) of dogras are rajputs but the second most dominant caste is Brahmin (~30%). We are not all rajputs either. Some people think that too!
:namaste:

pmaitra

Thanks for sharing these pictures. Also, please include pictures from the Ladakh region, to make this thread complete.

Tronic

Honestly, indians are really ignorant about my state, both in real life and online. When I told someone I'm from jammu, they assume I'm a kashmiri! Most of people in Jammu are NOT kashmiri. We don't speak kashmiri and are not ethnic kashmiris!! We are dogras and most of us are hindus also! One guy told me "you look like a muslim!" What kind of idiodicy is this? There are many famous dogras in the world. Santoor player Pandit Shivkumar Sharma, Actor Vidyut Jamwal, Actor KL Saigal, Tv actress Ridhi Dogra etc... Pls don't call dogras kashmiris. We are offended when someone calls us kashmiri. Please learn about my state.
Btw majority (~50%) of dogras are rajputs but the second most dominant caste is Brahmin (~30%). We are not all rajputs either. Some people think that too!
:namaste:
Your Dogra brothers across the border go around the world claiming themselves to be Kashmiris in order to mislead people, so you might aswell do India a favour and also start claiming to be Kashmiris aswell. :lol:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Your Dogra brothers across the border go around the world claiming themselves to be Kashmiris in order to mislead people, so you might aswell do India a favour and also start claiming to be Kashmiris aswell. :lol:
As far s I know we have no dogra brothers across the border :confused: they are mirpuris. They are more similar to punjabis than us. And we never call ourselves Kashmiri because we don't have complex that mirpuris have :laugh: mirpuris are like other Pakistani- full of inferiority complex. Dogra have superiority complex( only toward terrorists and their sympathizers).

Last edited:

Tronic

As far s I know we have no dogra brothers across the border :confused: they are mirpuris. They are more similar to punjabis than us. And we never call ourselves Kashmiri because we don't have complex that mirpuris have :laugh: mirpuris are like other Pakistani- full of inferiority complex. Dogra have superiority complex( only toward terrorists and their sympathizers).
Yes, it's predominantly Mirpuri/Punjabi, but Muslim Dogras and Gujjars also make up a section of the population across the LoC. I know because I knew this Pakistani dude who used to claim he was "Kashmiri"... until I heard him talking to his family on the phone and I could understand what he was speaking. It wasn't Mirpuri or Potwari Punjabi.. and I know for a fact that I can't understand Koshur as we have a lot of Kashmiri people in Patiala who come down to sell their wares.. so I took a wild guess and I was right.. he spoke Dogri..

Tronic

Hari Singh Nalwa, the man instrumental for building the Sikh Empire for his Emperor Ranjit Singh was a Dogra as well.
Nope, He was a Khatri who traced his lineage to Majithia, Punjab. The one village famous for producing the most Sikh commanders.

pmaitra

Nope, He was a Khatri who traced his lineage to Majithia, Punjab. The one village famous for producing the most Sikh commanders.
Hmm, so now I have two sources. You might as well be right. I remember @Blackwater had posted a thread long time back; I think I read it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Hari Singh Nalwa, the man instrumental for building the Sikh Empire for his Emperor Ranjit Singh was a Dogra as well.
I think you have him confused with Maharaja Hari Singh, the last ruler of princely state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Hari Singh

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ladakh and Jammu are much bigger in geographical area than Kashmir Valley.

Kashmir Valley has more people than Jammu and Ladakh put together.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Ladakh and Jammu are much bigger in geographical area than Kashmir Valley.

Kashmir Valley has more people than Jammu and Ladakh put together.
Yea but that's only because Ladakh has a really low population. Jammu and Kashmir valley have very similar populations in reality

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Thanks for sharing these pictures. Also, please include pictures from the Ladakh region, to make this thread complete.
WHy not? Ladakhis are the mongoloid/east asian looking people in the state. ANd unlike Delhi, there is no discrimination against them here, no racist comments or anything like that.:cool2:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't understand why doesn't have MPs from PoK and CoK ? Maybe defectors can be made MPs or MLAs.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
WHy not? Ladakhis are the mongoloid/east asian looking people in the state. ANd unlike Delhi, there is no discrimination against them here, no racist comments or anything like that.:cool2:

Dogris are only racist towards Kashmiri Pandit refugees ;)

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Dogris are only racist towards Kashmiri Pandit refugees ;)
Blatant lie. Is that why Jammu has the most number of kashmiri pandits? Even though it's a small city, Dogras always felt the duty to protect kashmiri pandits from kashmiri muslims. Ofcourse small problems arise sometimes because there aren't enough jobs for everyone and kashmiris are given quotas that dogras don't have. Ofcourse there will be some friction but there is no racism on major scale.

pmaitra

I think you have him confused with Maharaja Hari Singh, the last ruler of princely state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Hari Singh
No, I was certainly not confusing Hari Singh (lineage of Gulab Singh), with Hari Singh Nalwa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles