Why A War Between China And Vietnam Is Inevitable

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
and what makes you think that Nam is going to bow down to you even the UASF conducted the same ops you are talking about but still the US lost remeber Rolling Thunder and Linebacker missions they beat the crud out of north vietnam physically but yet the won the nams have a grate deal of love for thier country or have you forgot a small battle where the nams give you guys a Bloody nose called 'self-defense counterattack against Vietnam' where The reason cited for the attack was the mistreatment of Vietnam's ethnic Chinese minority and the Vietnamese occupation of the Spratly Islands (claimed by the PRC). To prevent Soviet intervention on Vietnam's behalf but during the course of the war the PLA could claim to have crushed several of the Vietcong's regular units including the 316A Infantry Division, the 308th Infantry Division, the 3rd Infantry Division, the 345th Infantry Division and the 346th Infantry Division, but they also suffered extensive casualties themselves. The communist government of Vietnam had chosen to flee from Hanoi to the city of Huế, 540 kilometers to the south, but the combination of high casualties, a badly organized command, harsh Vietnamese resistance and the risk of the Soviets entering the conflict stopped the Chinese from going any further.
and acted like rabid bandits when on the way back the PLA destroyed all local infrastructure and housing and looted all useful equipment and resources (including livestock), completely paralyzing the economy of northern Vietnam sad even the puny vitenamies can give china a run for her money
At that time viet is back by China and SU from land. Who will back viet today? and How?
If someone(US) did feed viet, how big the price they will pay?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
At that time viet is back by China and SU from land. Who will back viet today? and How?
How you are going to explain this that they fought with China twice and both times it ended as stalemate ?

How you easily you can say it can be crushed when it throw out US & France also Australians out of Vietnam ??

Vietnam is a nightmare for China and China knows it, a War will only weaken China and advantage for Western powers....

Iamanidiot

A war with vietnam means no SE Asian country will trust them ever again on any matter.China's position in the multilateral institutions such as ASEAN and ADB will thorughly be compromised.Money won't buy many things trust is one of them

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From what I see: Castro is still there and SU is not more . So,why US cant get Castro with a Rolling Thunder ? where is US's ball?
After the pull out of Soviet nukes Cuba ceased to become a real threat to the US. Despite Castro's theatrics Cuba is actually pretty harmless, except to its own people. There's just no impetus to invade Cuba. It's got no oil, no precious natural resource... unlike the Spratlys huh? But the PRC don't have the balls.

Tomcat

havent you heard the saying " never underestimate your enemy" look at what the Yanks did to the USSR in afghanistan
they could do the same to you in the S.E.A theather of ops be careful what you wish for mine comaradan

Minh

So uhm...China must go to war with a tiny Vietnam in order to get respect from ASEAN and the world? Typical Chinese comment, don't bark just do it.

Vietnam never subjugated any power.
We are the people of Vietnam combat readiness to sacrifice their lives to defend Vietnam.

vietnam&india

We will destory their power plant and road,port est., they will have no food and water and die sufferly.
How do you do that ? Remember 1979 war, chinese most elite army withdrawed after being defeated by Vienamese militiaman. And then, China said "We won". This calls China AQ spirit (self- satisfied) !
Don't bark, just do it !

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think the US has backed Vietnam over the SCS claim by China by undertaking a joint naval exercise.

The US at one time fed the world.

Heard of PL 480?

Vietnam can always be fed by the US, but then are you suggesting that Vietnam is a food deficit nation?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We will destory their power plant and road,port est., they will have no food and water and die sufferly.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!

Remember the Chinese proverb

一失足成千古恨 (yi shi zu cheng qian gu hen)
  • Moral: The error of one moment becomes the sorrow of a whole life.

Last edited:

vietnam&india

How you are going to explain this that they fought with China twice and both times it ended as stalemate ?

How you easily you can say it can be crushed when it throw out US & France also Australians out of Vietnam ??

Vietnam is a nightmare for China and China knows it, a War will only weaken China and advantage for Western powers....
You are right, Vietnam is always a nightmare for China. When they think the must attack Vn, it's while they fear VN.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Niceguy2011 is back to wage the war and destroy nations (Peacefully and harmniously). Niceguy get your E.Q. checked out and send me the rerult so that I can send you to a counsellor. You need one for sure.

mylegend

You have still not told us as to where is Niceguy from?
I have never seen him referencing any Chinese material. That why I suspect. Maybe he just do not do referencing.

mylegend

Two nation will not go for all out war. The threat they exchange mainly is just a application of Nixon's Madman theory.

China in my opinion will wait, the United States Pacific Fleet alone have more than double of Chinese navy capability. As long as China do not have confidence to confront United State, no war will ever happen.

For the issue with Republic of China, mainland will not attack Taiwan unless under three circumstances
1. Republic of China declare independence.
2. Republic of China attempt to possess nuclear weopon.
3. United States decide to build a army base in Taiwan.

"‹The issue with Vietnam is more complex, one reason being both country's leadership have sympathy for each other for they are both dictatorship. After all they are both Communist Party. As far as island dispute, Vietnam have some upper hand for they occupy far more islands than China. Chinese government's goal is to delay this issue to the future, and China wants to strike a deal to co-develop with other countries that have claims to the region.

War between countries are evitable because most nations in the world are rational. Vietnam have no desire to fight full-blown war with China, the same apply to China. All those war cry are just part of Madman theory of diplomacy.

Last edited:

Minh

Vietnam is not a threat to China and never become one.
Thank You, Vietnam just want to rebuild and grow just like the rest of the world.
I am Chinese but Vietnamese Chinese, Vietnam Hoa Kieu there is many, many Vietnam hoa kieu in Vietnam i speak Vietnamese,Cantonese,Mandarin,TieuChau, it's embarrassing but i don't know Vietnamese language till i was 10 due to my gandparent make me study at home.
My heart and soul belong to Vietnam and it's peoples we don't want no more war, we want to grow.

RedDragon

Thank You, Vietnam just want to rebuild and grow just like the rest of the world.
I am Chinese but Vietnamese Chinese, Vietnam Hoa Kieu there is many, many Vietnam hoa kieu in Vietnam i speak Vietnamese,Cantonese,Mandarin,TieuChau, it's embarrassing but i don't know Vietnamese language till i was 10 due to my gandparent make me study at home.
My heart and soul belong to Vietnam and it's peoples we don't want no more war, we want to grow.
I'm totally agreed with that.

vietnam&india

For the issue with Republic of China, mainland will not attack Taiwan unless under three circumstances
1. Republic of China declare independence.
2. Republic of China attempt to possess nuclear weopon.
3. United States decide to build a army base in Taiwan.
well, as i know, Republic of China has always declared independence.
China wants to strike a deal to co-develop with other countries that have claims to the region.
What kind of co-operation do you mean ? You mean when the co-operration finishes, the disputed region belong to you ?
Thanks but no, thanks ! We're not foolish.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles