Why A War Between China And Vietnam Is Inevitable

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You mean the minor skirmish that lasted one day which no other countries aknowledged? Know why? Cause it was a skirmish, not a war. Only some posters on internet care about that.

To be honest, even the 62 war is but a minor footnote in China.

But if you want to celebrate the one day skirmish, go for it.:thumb:
One day?

It just took one day to tell the Chinese to wake up and smell the coffee.

That is why it was one day or a little more.

China does not make a stand when they see defeat facing them.

Just as bullies don't!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
400 umber confirmed by PLA? you must be kidding me . It is easy to find the story from Chinese side. For example, ��Ϊ��֪����ӡ��ͻ_�Լ�����ʮ_�ٶȿռ�

India loss (195); the total number of Chinese loss was not included. However, the total number of Chinese troops involved was just one company plus two light artillery platoons. Assuming that Indian army was powerful and can kill them all, it was at most 250. How can you get a number of 400 and even confirmed by PLA?
This is your part of the story and the story you have is from your local source..

Meanwhile we as artillery observation post officers asked for artillery fire, permission for which came a little later. Because of excellent domination and observation from Sebu La and Camel's back, artillery fire was most effective and most of the Chinese bunkers on North shoulder and in depth were completely destroyed and Chinese suffered very heavy casualties which by their own estimates were over 400. The artillery duel thereafter carried on day and night. For the next three days,
Read this: The Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS)
This is not a local source..

Strange it is, Isn't it..

nimo_cn

Country flag
400 umber confirmed by PLA? you must be kidding me . It is easy to find the story from Chinese side. For example,
��Ϊ��֪����ӡ��ͻ_�Լ�����ʮ_�ٶȿռ�
you can use google translate. For the
skirmish from 09/11-09/14 at Nathu La, the number from China: India loss (607); China loss (123), among them, 32 dead and 91 wounded. As for the
one-day skirmish on 10/01 at Chola, the number from China: India loss (195); the total number of Chinese loss was not included. However, the total number of Chinese troops involved was just one company plus two light artillery platoons. Assuming that Indian army was powerful and can kill them all, it was at most 250. How can you get a number of 400 and even confirmed by PLA?

=

ber was conformed by PLA..

According to our count it was higher..
"?:[/QUOTE]

Confirmed by PLA, isn't that a joke?

But one has to realise that is one of the "benefits" of feeding on second-hand materials when you can't process the original materials because of language barrier, you never know if it is authentic.

We can't blame KB for only reading these second-hand stuff and getting himself deluded because we can't blame him for knowing no Chinese language. But we must learn his lesson, pretending you know everything while you in fact you know nothing is definitely going to make yourself a laughing stock.

qazwsx

So, what you can provide is also just "your part of the story" from India "local source", though you labeled it as "PLA confirmed". It is not strange that two sides of a conflict provide their own stories with different numbers, as this kind of thing happens all over the world and all over the history. However, it is very strange that a big army like IA always rely on the its so called "victory" over company level skirmish or fire exchange to comfort itself (and its citizen) and to gain confidence. This will not give a positive impression about the army. Besides, the Indian side story you provided above and the number "400" are for the the skirmish from 09/11-09/14 at Nathu La. It is even NOT the description for what you called ONE-DAY victory on 10/01 at Chola. So next time when you argue on something, don't be emotional and provide wrong evidence (I would not like to say "fake" at this time), otherwise you will lose[FONT=helvetica, arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] your [/FONT]credibility.

This is your part of the story and the story you have is from your local source..

Read this: The Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS)
This is not a local source..

Strange it is, Isn't it..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
the the skirmish from 09/11-09/14 at Nathu La. It is even NOT the description for what you called ONE-DAY victory on 10/01 at Chola.
No one here said ONE DAY, Only after your fellow comrade, So have a look back at page..

And also provide some solid proof to back of your claim, Such stories are made up in any local news, I am asking some real link..

Till then i suggest you to find and provide, If you wish to go on ranting this will be not tolerable and will be reported..

So, what you can provide is also just "your part of the story" from India "local source", though you labeled it as "PLA confirmed". It is not strange that two sides of a conflict provide their own stories with different numbers, .
I thought your local source was confirmed by PLA, any idea where the confirmation by PLA is?
There are two posts:

1. In one there is the Email of the author

2. In Second the article at well establish International Site CLAWS..

If you people have disagree with my point which is indeed it is, You can contact the author, Without practical proof and detail such places wont except such story..

Carry on..

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Subject is China and VN. Chinese friends are dragging it to India China, why?
Could it be that the Chinese friends are worried that the Vietnamese would open up a can of worms for the Chinese?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Chinese play Go well and they are always on the run to place their piece away from the point of contention and thus create new areas of confrontation.

nimo_cn

Country flag
There are two posts:

1. In one there is the Email of the author

2. In Second the article at well establish International Site CLAWS..

If you people have disagree with my point which is indeed it is, You can contact the author, Without practical proof and detail such places wont except such story..

Carry on..
The e-mail address doesn't work, please check if you spelt it right.

Oblaks

I do think if Ho Chí Minh dead ten years later, there will be no war between China and Vietnam in 70s and 80s.
If HCM was still alive then China would have had more than a bloody nose during their fights! I've lived in Vietnam long enough. The people there are great, humble and friendly and gives foreigners a lot of respect. However, you don't know what the hearts and will of these people can do to defend their land. I have been to China also as long as I have lived in Vietnam and I just did not feel the same. None the less I still have a lot of Chinese friends.

GromHellscream

HCM, who was much more mature in politics than his successor, was wise enough to maintain the balance between USSR and China and won't hurry its ambition to bully its neighbours Lao and Cambodia. Without this happened, CCP won't waste its energy on a non-hostile communist country.

Oblaks

HCM, who was much more mature in politics than his successor, was wise enough to maintain the balance between USSR and China and won't hurry its ambition to bully its neighbours Lao and Cambodia. Without this happened, CCP won't waste its energy on a non-hostile communist country.
Vietnam did nothing to bully Cambodia. The world should thank Vietnam for ending Polpot's genocide! And China's reaction was to teach Vietnam a lesson for attacking iits beloved genocidal ally...and eventually ended up with its nose heavily bleeding on its way to Hanoi.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles