Who is the Real Enemy and Threat to China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

we know how to solve our problems,it is none of your business.
I just want to say something to kickok1975,not to you !

BTW,you should care more about your own problems
When you do what you did in an Indian forum, it does become our business :D
Btw, discussing problems are healthy as they help us find solutions.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
we know how to solve our problems,it is none of your business.
I just want to say something to kickok1975,not to you !

BTW,you should care more about your own problems
In a forum if you post, then it is the right of anyone to respond.

That is how it runs in a democracy.

If you feel that issues concerning China is only for the Chinese to know, then go to a Chinese forum and discuss till your fingers get sore on the computer keyboard.

kickok1975

kickok1975:看了您的不少帖子,想必您是爱国的。
但是在一个印度的军事论坛里,您发这样一个无关军事的帖子,您觉得有什么实际意义吗?您是只是抱怨一下还是希望印度人来帮我们解决问题呢?
老祖宗留下的传统是家丑不可外扬,您心里若是有不满完全可以在国内的论坛上讨论这些问题,让印度人来看我们的笑话就有点过分了吧?
希望您能锁掉这个帖子。
中国的问题太多了,但总是要向前进的,邓公说在发展中解决问题,早就定下了!

This is the translation for the benefit of indian members
: After reading your many posts, and you must be patriotic.
But an Indian military forums, independent of your hair like a military post, you feel even the actual meaning? You are the only Indians to complain about or want to help us solve the problem?
Tradition of our ancestors is not wash your dirty linen in public, mind if there is dissatisfaction in the country can be discussed on these issues, let us Indians look a bit too much a joke, right?
I hope you can lock out this post.
China's problems too much, but always want to move forward, Deng said that the development of problem-solving, has long set the!
Tgrhfei, you must know post political sensitive comments in Chinese forum is almost like "mission impossible". You may criticize particular incident, officials but to blame the whole government and system, it's considered as forbidden. I tried before most of time my post will disappear never had a chance of showing. For a treatment like that, why bother to post?

I guess the reason why many Chinese people choose to visit foreign forums, like this DFI, is not only because we are interested in what other people think about us, but also want to know something we probably don't have chance to know domestically. Because our mighty webs police either has no interest or has no power to extend their hand here.

There are quite a few Chinese members here always willing to defend China's interest, showcase China's achievement. That's good but like you said, we are far from perfection. Not only Chinese know it, everyone in the world knows it. It's not a shame to expose our shortcomings and problems. China's image is in jeopardy now around world and you know why? A country has less transparency and less accountability. It's not what CCTV shows and talks about. You may blame western medias demonize China, but I think we should partially take the blame.

Anyway, I'm glad to see President Hu showed some courage in US to admit China's human rights problem. It's a good start to solve the problem.
Again, it's not a shame to show your problem, on the contrary, it's a sign of confidence.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If anything, China has proven that a country can blend control, coercion, and patronage to stymie the Internet's politically liberalizing elements. Through discreet but tough controls, Beijing pursues a policy of wai song, nei jin – relaxed on the outside, vigilant internally.

China deploys tens of thousands of " cyber police" to block Web sites, patrol cyber-cafes, monitor the use of cellular telephones, and track down Internet activists. But the threat to the new global commons comes not from what China does domestically. Rather, it comes from the way in which the know-how that China has gained in fashioning domestic cyber oversight is proving invaluable to it in its efforts to engage in cyber intrusion across its frontiers.

http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/chellaney6/English

China's New Internet Strategy: Less Anonymity, More Propaganda

In a speech given to the national legislature Chen Wang, deputy director of the Propaganda Department, head of External Propaganda and the director of the State Council's Information Office, said that they will "make the internet real name system a reality as soon as possible, implement a nationwide cell phone real name system, and gradually apply the real name registration system to online interactive processes," according to a text of the speech obtained by the New York based Human Rights in China group.

Under this regime all anonymous comments would be removed, and forum moderators as well as forum users would have to use their real names. Buying a mobile phone would also require providing a real name.

In addition, the speech outlines a plan to increasingly use the internet as a propaganda tool through a strategy that would guide public opinion towards messages consistent with the Communist Party's ideology, and away from information that may undermine it.

They do, however, wish to continue projecting "soft power" to the rest of the world through "foreign language channels" which Mr Wang says are "becoming an important force in countering the hegemony of Western media".

http://www.tech-faq.com/chinas-new-internet-strategy-less-anonymity-more-propaganda.html

China's plan to use internet for propaganda

JOHN GARNAUT

July 14, 2010

BEIJING: The Chinese Communist Party has detailed its ambitious but secretive strategy for transforming the internet into a force for keeping it in power and projecting ''soft power'' abroad.

An internal speech by China's top internet official, apparently posted by accident on an official internet site before being promptly removed, outlines a vast array of institutions and methods to control opinion at home and also ''create an international public opinion environment that is objective, beneficial and friendly to us''.

''Those efforts provided powerful public opinion support for unifying thinking, consolidating strength, assisting in our diplomatic battles and safeguarding our national interests,'' said Wang Chen, who is deputy director of the Propaganda Department, head of External (foreign) Propaganda and also director of the State Council's Information Office.

Mr Wang's speech was made to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress on April 29 and posted on the Congress's website on May 4, before being removed, sanitised and re-posted on a more mainstream government website the following day. It was picked up by Human Rights in China and included in its report released yesterday, China's Internet: Staking Digital Ground.

''China has this goal of establishing a Chinese intranet, removing China from the global internet, and you can see that in this report,'' said Anne-Marie Brady, an expert on China's propaganda system at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. ''The average Chinese person knows basically how the propaganda system works but there's no need to advertise so blatantly what the government is doing,'' she said, explaining why large sections of the original speech were deleted.
Rather than shut off China to the outside world, the Communist Party has maintained its authoritarian rule in the information age by vastly expanding its propaganda apparatus and modernising its methods and messages. The country's 400 million internet users are ''guided'' towards government-friendly information and away from ''harmful'' content but can nevertheless access and spread information far more easily than previous generations.

Mr Wang said the internet ''has increased the government's capabilities in social management'' but also brought new subversive threats. ''As long as our country's internet is linked to the global internet, there will be channels and means for all sorts of harmful foreign information to appear on our domestic internet,'' Mr Wang said. He outlined how the party has used internet platforms to ''markedly strengthen'' its capability to promote messages overseas.

''These foreign language channels are becoming an important force in countering the hegemony of Western media and in bolstering our country's soft power,'' he said.
The Communist Party's ''great firewall'' blocks most overseas Chinese-language websites and many foreign-language overseas sites, and local internet companies must vigilantly screen and censor sensitive content.

Official censors, commercial internet operators and informal public opinion leaders - derisively labelled as China's ''50 cent'' army for the fees they receive per posting - are also deployed to push the government line on sensitive issues.

''Government agencies at all levels "¦ have gradually built mechanisms to guide public opinion through integrating the functions of propaganda departments,'' Mr Wang said.

source: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...713-109hc.html

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That much for the 50 cent army.

tgrhfei

Tgrhfei, you must know post political sensitive comments in Chinese forum is almost like "mission impossible". You may criticize particular incident, officials but to blame the whole government and system, it's considered as forbidden. I tried before most of time my post will disappear never had a chance of showing. For a treatment like that, why bother to post?

I guess the reason why many Chinese people choose to visit foreign forums, like this DFI, is not only because we are interested in what other people think about us, but also want to know something we probably don't have chance to know domestically. Because our mighty webs police either has no interest or has no power to extend their hand here.

There are quite a few Chinese members here always willing to defend China's interest, showcase China's achievement. But like you said, we are far from perfect. Not only Chinese know it, everyone in the world knows it. It's not a shame to expose our shortcomings and problems. China's image is in jeopardy now around world and you know why? A country has less transparency and less accountability. It's not what CCTV shows and talks about. You may blame western medias demonize China, but I think we should partially take the blame.

Anyway, I'm glad to see President Hu showed some courage in US to admit China's human rights problem. It's a good start to solve the problem.
Again, it's not a shame to show your problem, on the contrary, it's a sign of confidence.
好吧,既然您觉得合适,我会把这个话题全部翻译到国内论坛上去,让大家都来讨论一下。
另外,自鸦片战争以来,国人的反思精神早已融入到骨子里,即使发展很快我们也时时没忘自己的问题。
您所说的民主,是什么样的民主呢?美国式的?我不这样认为,路是靠自己走出来的,并不是照搬别人的模式。我只是一个普通人,我爱这个国家,虽然我知道她问题很多,但我会忍受一时的苦难,为国家苦苦探索,只为子孙生活好,只为伟大的中华民族。

最后告诉您,您的这个话题首先让我想到的是汪精卫的曲线救国论,失礼了!

Oracle

您所说的民主,是什么样的民主呢?美国式的?我不这样认为,路是靠自己走出来的,并不是照搬别人的模式。我只是一个普通人,我爱这个国家,虽然我知道她问题很多,但我会忍受一时的苦难,为国家苦苦探索,只为子孙生活好,只为伟大的中华民族。

Well, if you see fit, I will put this question up fully translated to the domestic forum for people to discuss.
In addition, since the Opium War, people have long reflection of God into the heart of hearts, even if the development were also often not soon forget their own problems.
You say democracy, what kind of democracy? Country-style? I do not think the road is out on their own, not copy someone else's model. I'm just an ordinary person, I love this country, although I know she asked
Question a lot, but I will endure the suffering of one o'clock, for the country trying to explore, just a good life for future generations, just as a great nation.

Finally told you that your topic is first asked me to Wang Jingwei's Quxianjiuguo theory, rude
Post in English dude. This is an English defense forum.

kickok1975

And again, I think we come to this forum as a guest to discuss all kinds of topics. It's not merely a place to showcase China's "superiority". We should show respect to members here, their countries, and cultures and make this forum a truly constructive discussion place.

Of course there are always people trying to insult China for all sorts of reasons. But we should remain calm and maintain our self confidence. The whole world knows China's achievements and there are plenty coverage on it, its undeniable facts.

However, we still have a long way to go compare to some advanced countries. It's also a fact that's probably why I hardly find any Chinese members would showcase in American forum. Let's just be mature and act as a responsible person.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Oracle,

Here goes:

Well, if you see fit, I will put this question up fully translated to the domestic forum for people to discuss. In addition, since the Opium War, people have long reflection of God into the heart of hearts, even if the development were also often not soon forget their own problems.

You say democracy, what kind of democracy? Country-style? I do not think the road is out on their own, not copy someone else's model. I'm just an ordinary person, I love this country, although I know a lot of her problems, but I will endure the suffering moment for the country trying to explore, only to descendants lived only for a great nation.

Finally told you that your topic is first asked me to Wang Jingwei's Quxianjiuguo theory, rude

kickok1975

I'm not talking about democracy here. I'm talking about China's problems and its potential threat to our country's development. I personally don't think a western style democracy will fit China. But I also don't think Chinese poeple deserve autocracy forever. I wish and hope our government will face the problems and correct it for the sake of Chinese people's wellbeings.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is said in any forum out of three Chinese users two are Bots ( Hired by CCP )..
That may be true.

Yet, they are hard at it and aren't they doing a good job as the mouthpiece?

Check any forum and you will see them showcasing the 'marvels' and there are even overseas Chinese who have infiltrated into the organisation to ensure that these paid agents have a free run!

tgrhfei

That may be true.

Yet, they are hard at it and aren't they doing a good job as the mouthpiece?

Check any forum and you will see them showcasing the 'marvels' and there are even overseas Chinese who have infiltrated into the organisation to ensure that these paid agents have a free run!
haha,funny,very funny!

Yes, rather.

When other 'marvels' are posted, they then go 'missing' and then others cannot repost it even though they say it is available all over Chinese websites!

Very funny indeed!

- Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I would love to recover those pictures but I have to be remaining cautious. Apparently not everyone here agrees with my opinion and you never know what kind of people they are.
By "here" if you mean DFI, then no, we would love to see those pictures. If you meant at your place, then still post them anyway. If something isn't censored, it's not uncensored. :D

On "who's the real enemy of China", I'd say the real enemies of China are inside China. All those who stand in the way of both human rights and human development at the same time.

pmaitra

From the economic point of view, the real enemy of PRC is its concentration of manufacturing with little investment in research.

Research is what drives and keeps US ahead of others. Every society will at one point, come in the shadow of its past. There will be a time when these massive factories producing products will need complete overhaul due to obsolescence. If there is continuous research, there will be gradual up-gradation of the manufacturing system. If not, then there will be dependence on the West for technology and if they pull the plug at a bad time, PRC could stumble.

Other Asian countries are also going to challenge PRC. Let us not forget the huge popularity of Japanese Automobiles like Honda, Toyota and Nissan. Now Korean cars have started to make their presence felt in the US market. Japan may not remain the leader in a decade or so. The same thing could happen to PRC.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if one requires research in manufacturing staples, adhesive tapes, Barbie like dolls, silver Ganeshes etc.

One requires research in hi tech stuff.

That those who are tasked to obtain in clandestinely are doing it and so why pay for something that one can 'borrow'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles