Who is the most Evil individual from the 20th century ?

Most evil of the 20th Century

• Mao Zedong

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Joseph Stalin

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Adolf Hitler

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Winston Churchill

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Henry Kissinger

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Hirohito

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jinnah

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Pol Pot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Idi Amin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yahya Khan

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

pmaitra

1.No neutral source backs the claim that the Bengal famine was intentional.
2.Why is Hitler at 10, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even get a Bronze medal with the Commniist butchers included in the list as well.
And BTW, Stalin killed 40 million, not 20 million.
Stalin did not kill half as many people as Hitler did.

That confusion between 20 million and 40 million is moot. One can claim 100 million if he so pleases. That figure 20 million is also inflated. Even Putin said that what Stalin did was a necessary evil.

Naren1987

Stalin did not kill half as many people as Hitler did.

That confusion between 20 million and 40 million is moot. One can claim 100 million if he so pleases. That figure 20 million is also inflated. Even Putin said that what Stalin did was a necessary evil.
The same could be said of Hitler's death toll.
The 6 million claim in the Holocaust was a exaggeration, it is unnatural for a population to grow from 15 million in the 30s to 24 million in the 40s

What of the Holodomor?
He killed 7 million in the Ukrainian Holocaust. That's 60% of Hitler's inflated death toll.
The people of the Ukraine clearly greeted the Wehrmacht as heroes, don't come up with ridiculous statements without any backup.

pmaitra

The same could be said of Hitler's death toll.
The 6 million claim in the Holocaust was a exaggeration, it is unnatural for a population to grow from 15 million in the 30s to 24 million in the 40s

What of the Holodomor?
He killed 7 million in the Ukrainian Holocaust. That's 60% of Hitler's inflated death toll.
The people of the Ukraine clearly greeted the Wehrmacht as heroes, don't come up with ridiculous statements without any backup.
What backup have you provided to support your claims?

You are saying Hitler did not kill 6 million Jews?

Also, what are your sources for 40 million killed by Stalin?

Naren1987

What backup have you provided to support your claims?

You are saying Hitler did not kill 6 million Jews?

Also, what are your sources for 40 million killed by Stalin?
Joseph Stalin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2.Yes, maybe , if you were to include the poles and Gypsies, you could get a sum of upto 6 million, but 6 million Jews did not die.

3.No neutral estimate, but hey, where's your source for Stalin not killinng half as many as Hitler?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

2.Yes, maybe , if you were to include the poles and Gypsies, you could get a sum of upto 6 million, but 6 million Jews did not die.

3.No neutral estimate, but hey, where's your source for Stalin not killinng half as many as Hitler?
I too believe Communists killed many more in Russia and China rather than what is officially reported. But, Hitler cannot wash his hands with the role he played in sparking WW2. Although, Stalin was no less sinister in his plans and as some conspiracy theorists claim he would have himself started a war if there were no Hitler. But for that case we have no counterfactuals and so need to decide with whatever information we have.

pmaitra

Regarding Stalin, and the link you posted, please read the last paragraph of that section. Again, read what you post.

Moreover, regarding Stalin, many of his killings were part of the purges, where, he killed many of the Russian officers who were known to have had sympathies for the Tsarist government which was overthrown and their loyalty was suspect. Just because they were killed by Stalin does not automatically make them innocent. Treachery is punishable by death according to many. You can also include the Chechens and the Ukrainian Guards who collaborated with the Nazis.

Regarding Hitler, well, all you have to do is add the 6 million Jews with 26 million Soviets, which alone beats Stalin. I am not even including the others.

Hope that puts things in perspective.

Galaxy

Country flag
Difficult choice between Churchill and Hitler. I voted for Hitler as he is not comparable!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Evilness depends only on the number of creatures killed? :hmm:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." -- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Naren1987

Regarding Stalin, and the link you posted, please read the last paragraph of that section. Again, read what you post.

Moreover, regarding Stalin, many of his killings were part of the purges, where, he killed many of the Russian officers who were known to have had sympathies for the Tsarist government which was overthrown and their loyalty was suspect. Just because they were killed by Stalin does not automatically make them innocent. Treachery is punishable by death according to many. You can also include the Chechens and the Ukrainian Guards who collaborated with the Nazis.

Regarding Hitler, well, all you have to do is add the 6 million Jews with 26 million Soviets, which alone beats Stalin. I am not even including the others.

I wonder how well you score in reasoning tests.
All of the other historians estimate the death to well above 25 million.

Did you know that the majority of Jews killed by Hitler were Marxist Propagandists, Soviet Commisars?
I'm pretty sure that these people committed crimes far greater than the Russian officers.
Treachery to whom, certainly not to the Russian people, who lost more to this tyranny than any other force.

I think I already explained why 6 Million Jews didn't die.
If you seek to add the war casualties to this list, I should warn you against playing that game.
Most of the dead soviet soldiers were shot by their own Commisars, so there is a reason not to attribute all the 26 million:)rolleyes::rolleyes:) casualties to the Wehrmacht, a total of 70 million died in the eastern front, so 20 million + 70-26 million = 64 million deaths should be attributed to Stallin, I have only used your own logic.

Also keep in mind that Stalin's victims were his own people.
While the Germans prospered well under the NSDAP.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." -- Jiddu Krishnamurti
Very good quote, and very true.

Humans must control their tribalistic tendencies if we are to advance as a species.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Ask Damian about Stalin... I thought this might be of special mention to the credit of Mr. Stalin: Katyn Massacre

http://katyn.org.au/

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I wonder how well you score in reasoning tests.
All of the other historians estimate the death to well above 25 million.

Did you know that the majority of Jews killed by Hitler were Marxist Propagandists, Soviet Commisars?
I'm pretty sure that these people committed crimes far greater than the Russian officers.
Treachery to whom, certainly not to the Russian people, who lost more to this tyranny than any other force.

I think I already explained why 6 Million Jews didn't die.
If you seek to add the war casualties to this list, I should warn you against playing that game.
Most of the dead soviet soldiers were shot by their own Commisars, so there is a reason not to attribute all the 26 million:)rolleyes::rolleyes:) casualties to the Wehrmacht, a total of 70 million died in the eastern front, so 20 million + 70-26 million = 64 million deaths should be attributed to Stallin, I have only used your own logic.

Also keep in mind that Stalin's victims were his own people.
While the Germans prospered well under the NSDAP.
From where did you get the number of 70 million dying on the Eastern front?

Although Stalin undoubtedly carried out numerous atrocities, the extent of these crimes have been the victim of considerable inflation. The population of the entire USSR in 1939 was around 170 million. Such losses of the scale that you describe would have depleted the Soviet human resource base and had enormous long-term consequences. But in reality, the Soviet Union was able to quickly recover from the devastation of WWII and emerge as a world superpower by 1950. Consider that the Soviet population in 1991 (the last year of its existence) was 293 million, despite steadily declining birth rates from the 60s onwards.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But in reality, the Soviet Union was able to quickly recover from the devastation of WWII and emerge as a world superpower by 1950. Consider that the Soviet population in 1991 (the last year of its existence) was 293 million, despite steadily declining birth rates from the 60s onwards.

Maybe you forgot the post WW2 absorption of Baltic states, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and not to mention the pillage of NAZI stash/wealth from occupied territories... Stalin made his research well...

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Maybe you forgot the post WW2 absorption of Baltic states, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and not to mention the pillage of NAZI stash/wealth from occupied territories... Stalin made his research well...
Maybe you forgot that Poland, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria were not annexed by the USSR and were therefore not included in the Soviet census; they were puppet states, not Soviet republics. The Soviet territorial gains post-WWII included the Baltic states, Moldavia, Konigsberg (East Prussia), and part of eastern Poland (annexed to Belarussian and Ukrainian SSR). The former two have a negligible population, while in the case of the latter two the native population largely fled/were evicted to their home nation-states of Germany and Poland, respectively, and were replaced by settlers from elsewhere in the Soviet Union.

And lol at "pillaging the Nazi stash" :laugh:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Maybe you forgot that Poland, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria were not annexed by the USSR and were therefore not included in the Soviet census; they were puppet states, not Soviet republics. The Soviet territorial gains post-WWII included the Baltic states, Moldavia, Konigsberg (East Prussia), and part of eastern Poland (annexed to Belarussian and Ukrainian SSR). The former two have a negligible population, while in the case of the latter two the native population largely fled/were evicted to their home nation-states of Germany and Poland, respectively, and were replaced by settlers from elsewhere in the Soviet Union.

And lol at "pillaging the Nazi stash" :laugh:

LOL! It may be true that the USSR did not formally annex those countries yet despite the semantics these countries were essentially controlled by the USSR. Note how the USSR responded when Hungarians attempted to move away from the Soviet axis...

pmaitra

LOL! It may be true that the USSR did not formally annex those countries yet despite the semantics these countries were essentially controlled by the USSR. Note how the USSR responded when Hungarians attempted to move away from the Soviet axis...
I think the discussion was about the population of the USSR, and how many could have been actually killed by Stalin, not how the USSR controlled the Eastern European states.

Read what you quoted:

But in reality, the Soviet Union was able to quickly recover from the devastation of WWII and emerge as a world superpower by 1950. Consider that the Soviet population in 1991 (the last year of its existence) was 293 million, despite steadily declining birth rates from the 60s onwards.

IBSA

Country flag
I voted for Pol Pot.

In despite of Hitler and Stalin has killed much more than the Kampuchea' leader, Germany and USSR were capable to surmount their people loses, while Pol Pot didnt kill anyone, but only the urban liberal professionals as teachers, lawyers, doctors. Pol Pot's dream was create a country of illiterate peasants, and Cambodja feels till today the loses of their better educated people.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles