Who is best in mountain warfare? India or China?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Factbox: Challenges of mountain warfare in Pakistan - World news - South and Central Asia - Pakistan | NBC News

Pakistan's army, under U.S. pressure to enter the militant bastion of North Waziristan, says it will do so but in its own time and when adequate resources are available.

At a conference in Jordan on special operations forces, Major General Farrukh Bashir, commander of the Pakistani military's Special Services Group, gave a presentation on mountain warfare outlining the obstacles to fighting in the Hindu Kush, Karakoram and Himalayan mountain ranges along Pakistan's borders.

bose

Country flag
New Delhi is a mere 300km away from the Sino-India border, which renders it within the range of Chinese rocket artillery。

If there is ever going to be a war between China and India, New Delhi will be the primary target。Striking at the enemy's heart, and so on。。。bla bla。。。
In response we will turn Shanghai into radio active waste... You know very well how...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
New Delhi is a mere 300km away from the Sino-India border, which renders it within the range of Chinese rocket artillery。

If there is ever going to be a war between China and India, New Delhi will be the primary target。Striking at the enemy's heart, and so on。。。bla bla。。。
But that is not mountain warfare anymore.

s002wjh

Country flag
In response we will turn Shanghai into radio active waste... You know very well how...
if you think retaliate some rocket fire at military installation near delhi by using nuke, then you are more suicidal than i thought. i'm pretty sure china still has more nuke then india.

bose

Country flag
if you think retaliate some rocket fire at military installation near delhi by using nuke, then you are more suicidal than i thought. i'm pretty sure china still has more nuke then india.
The reply was for that idiot Chinese... India have enough nukes to take care of China... one does not need 1000's of nuke to punish that evil state...

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Well the Kargil operations have demonstrated that Indians are well capable of mountain and high altitude warfare..

Kargil operation has proven that holding mountains is a better bet than attacking and taking them. Chinese are not holding mountains in East. They are holding mountains in Ladakh and Aksai Chin.

In the East There are not much of mountains on chinese side to hold. Indians are in a better position.

Being located in Tibet, Chinese however have larger acclemetised troops which may give them initial advantage but in a few days only their advantage would be neutralised. Those acclematised troops would also be required for internal duties. Their acclemetised numbers however are not sufficient to acrry out offensive operations unless they garrison more than ten divisions permanently inside Tibet. For Indians it is only a matter of climbing up the roads from the foothills. For Chinese it is thousand miles journey. After all how many aircrafts would they use to bring in more than 20 divisions.

One thing is clear. Chinese are afraid of high altitude mountain warfare and would rely heavily of force multipliers and fire support.

1962 type of operations can never be repeated by the chinese ever ....

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
The reply was for that idiot Chinese... India have enough nukes to take care of China... one does not need 1000's of nuke to punish that evil state...
punish or sucide. cause i'm pretty sure once a nuke hit beijing, china will send all its nuke back.

GromHellscream

Bombarded by rockets and counterstrikeing it with nukes, even war mongers like US won't act like that.

EXPERT

Well, i think chinese are far more benifitial than us . Their tactical radar divisions are well equiped than ours SIGNALS regiment,they have created the border into a base of sensors and transducers . these capability is benificial in many ways .....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles