Who can be India's best European ally?

Who can be India's best friend from Europe?

• UK

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • France

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Italy or Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cant say

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

ITBP

The 1 who can help India most?

Who? :hmm: :wave:

pmaitra

Is Russia considered a European country? If not, read on:

I am dithering between France and Germany. It is difficult to say.

Given the current situation, I think I will go with France.

mikhail

Country flag

The 1 who can help India most?

Who? :hmm: :wave:
FRANCE:thumb:!!They are our strongest European ally and probably one of our most trusted ones apart from Russia and Israel.Plus I do have some soft corner for the French women:p

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Is Russia considered a European country? If not, read on:

I am dithering between France and Germany. It is difficult to say.

Given the current situation, I think I will go with France.
Russia is a continent in itself if you see it technically.

I guess the OP wants votes on western Europe.

France that ways has proven friendliness and neutrality.

Germany is no longer an independent power like it was under the Third Reich where the likes of Rommel were in command apart from Hitler who had an independent stand.

It could be a strong friend but right now it is too dependent on other foreign powers and despite their industrial capability, they are weak.

nik22

Russia is a continent in itself if you see it technically.

I guess the OP wants votes on western Europe.

France that ways has proven friendliness and neutrality.

Germany is no longer an independent power like it was under the Third Reich where the likes of Rommel were in command apart from Hitler who had an independent stand.

It could be a strong friend but right now it is too dependent on other foreign powers and despite their industrial capability, they are weak.
I don't like France. They milk money from India like a jersey cow.

pmaitra

I don't like France. They milk money from India like a jersey cow.
The first decisive British victory in a battle between Indians and the British was the Battle of Plassey. There are associated battles in the south, called the Carnatic Wars. All in all, Frenchmen fought alongside Indians against the British. There are historical reasons why some Indians have a favourable view of the French.

Otm Shank

French has a similar non aligned attitude india has. it does charge alot but everyone overcharges india.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India requires allies?

God helps those who help themselves.

Let us stand on our own two feet and let others come running to be our allies.

In the interim, all who wants to be with India, can be collaborators.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All in all, Frenchmen fought alongside Indians against the British.
Geopolitics.

Not altruistic!

Check what was happening in Europe at that time.

The Seven Years' War was a war that took place between 1754 and 1763 with the main conflict being in the seven-year period 1756–1763. It involved most of the great powers of the time and affected Europe, North America, Central America, the West African coast, India, and the Philippines.

Great Britain competed with both France and Spain over trade and colonies.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
IMO France will be India`s best allies after Russia. The French even conquered the British in 1066. All British monarchs have French blood in them.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-french-conquest-england-battle-hastings.html

Also France had and still has a friendly attitude towards natives. Even during the great colonization of Americas the French helped the Native Indian tribes. Of course I am not saying that the french did not exploit the natives but they were certainly more accomodative of the native tribes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_Wars

France had been the strongest land force in Europe for a thousand years. It was the great Charlemange who actually shaped modern Europe and led the foundation of many nations in Europe. Another Frenchman Charles Martel halted Muslim expansion into Europe. The French remain the only force who defeated the British repeatedly. In fact the main reason why England could never play a role in Europe was because they were kicked out of the European mainland during the Hundred Years War.

The French have also contributed immensely to Mathematics. Lagrange,Alembert,Argand,Pascal,Descartes,Fourier were all Great French mathematicians. Also French scientists which include Polish born Marie Curie,De Broglie,Louis Pasteur of pasteurisation fame have contributed greatly to modern science.

So I would definitely vote for France. Viva La Francia.

Last edited:

Jagdish58

France , because they never slap sanction based on pressure from USA or NATO

During Pokran-2 it was very much clear

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
the best ( should not be relied upon ) friend in Europe is probably France . UK is too close to the USA and will
obey their diktats to sanction for every finicky reason the USA finds against us. Even Russia these days
could seem to close ranks with the usa or be swayed by china ref they did not share cryogenic technology and we had
to develop it on our own .

France does have tech that we find valuable and they are independent enough to care two hoots about
others as long as we pay good money - and that's fair enough for me.

we all do know in the final analysis we can and better only depend on ourselves -
we can at best only source from others

Last edited:

EXPERT

France and it will always be France. .
Indian Armed forces performed and lead the Bastille day parade in France.
The Most Powerful and Economical Strongest nation in European union.

Meriv90

The Most Powerful and Economical Strongest nation in European union.
Wrong, they have a tertiary industry (like UK), Germany beats them in GPD and even in HDI index, population too, political stability, not even talking about industrial power. France is a centralized country meanwhile Germany decentralised and their Lands-companies/banks gives them a lot more stability.
Plus you have negative sides from France, they were a colonial power and they still suffer of "la grandeur française" from time to time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles