Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

• New Delhi

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Mumbai

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Kolkata

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Chennai

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hyderabad

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bangalore

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Bhubaneswar, whether it is a metro or not, is my favourite. Pune is my second favourite. Chennai would be my third favourite. These three cities have never disappointed me.

Calcutta, 10 years ago, would have been the worst of the lot. However, right now, I would say it is better than Mumbai, anyday. One needs to go to Mumbai Central East, Saki Naka or try to board a train from Borivali or Andheri. Beats Calcutta in badness anyday. This is taking into account the people, cleanliness, cost of living, cost of transporation etc.. While I love the Churchgate - Marine Lines - Colaba area, the rest of the city is horrible and obnoxious. So yes, I vote for Mumbai as the worst, Calcutta as the second worst and Kanpur as the third worst.

Overall though, I think South Indian cities (in AP, TN, Kerala, Karnataka) are slightly more 'civilised' than North Indian cities.

Last edited:

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Every city has its own positive and negative points, attitude is what wins people's heart, unfortunately delhi people are quite arrogant :(

Galaxy

Country flag
Kolkatta is worst due to increasing Slums by Illegal Bangladeshi. Nothing has improved in last many years.

Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi are best. Indeed, All cities are good. Every cities have some positive as well as some negative aspect.

Arunpillai

Kolkata.. No doubts about it. The garbage, the pollution, the traffic, is unbearable.. But hey the people and the food there is awesome..

sandeepdg

I am a Bengali, and I have stayed in both Kolkata and Delhi, still based in Gurgaon. If the parameters are infrastructure, then I would say Kolkata is the worst among all the metros, no doubts about that. Mumbai isn't too great on infrastructure either with heavy pollution, massive traffic problems and narrow roads, and home to one of the biggest slums in the world. I loved Bangalore minus the pathetic traffic situation, but well I haven't stayed there. Chennai and Hyderabad I haven't visited, so don't know from personal experience. But yeah, I know people who stayed and worked in these 2 cities, and I would say that according to them Hyderabad is much better and clean than Chennai.

But, again being a Bengali, I love Kolkata not for its infrastructure, but the fact that it is still the only metropolitan city in India where lifestyle costs are the cheapest. And the people are really nice and cooperative. And its still the cultural capital of India. As well as the food capital of India. Hyderabad may be famous for its Biryani and Delhi & Lucknow for its Mughlai and Awadhi cuisine, but you can get the best food offered by all the regions of this country at prices that would the regions where these actually originated from to shame ! The most authentic Chinese food you will find anywhere in India for sure. Plus all the entertainment that all other metros have to offer at much affordable prices. Plus good and affordable education and healthcare as compared to other metros.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
To add, Its cheapest metropolitan, you can buy anything..

sob

Mod
Country flag
Growing up in Calcutta, was one of the best experiences in life. Good food, highly educated badhralok, and one can't forget an extra holiday every month due to Bandhs/Hartals. Calcutta got the first metro and should have capitalized on it but did not, which has been the story of the city for last 30 years. In terms of infrastructure and other facilities I would rate it amongst the worst, but for the people and the incredible life, it would rank among the top for me.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Kolkata is lowly rated because of its entrance is so ugly. One who arrives in Howrah station (one of the most poluted area in the world) crosses the Howrah bridge, goes through Burra-bazar cant have any good feeling about Kolkata. However new town, Saltlake, South Kolkata etc are comparatively better. Butoverall roads, garbage cleaning, sanitation etc , Kolkat a is far behind. And one correction to those who thinks Kolkata is full of Illegal BD immegrants, the slums and illegally occupied areas are full with poors from Bihar and UP and their pathetic civic sense gives the city a bad reputation. You can easily term some part of Kolkata as extension of Bihar. Hindus from Bangladesh have relatives here and generally they comes after selling their property in BD.They are comparatively affluent. Muslims from Bangladesh generally spread to other parts of India like Delhi, Mumbai where there is more scope of works.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
BTW, CM MAmata Banerjee has said she will make Kolkata look like London. So I am not making my passport. I dont need it anymore. :D

A.V.

LOL Sabir you should try and grab a few warn clothes and umbrella , as you know the english weather is well known.

AN SMS bengali joke :-

Ki re phala ei ghoromer moddhe leather jacket kinli je ?
Aage theke toyri hocchi , didi boleche kolkata ke london kore tulbe.

A.V.

LOL Sabir you should try and grab a few warn clothes and umbrella , as you know the english weather is well known.

AN SMS bengali joke :-

Ki re phala ei ghoromer moddhe leather jacket kinli je ?
Aage theke toyri hocchi , didi boleche kolkata ke london kore tulbe.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Thank goodness everyone is posted Kolkatta!! I thought Chennai would get the rod from all these Northies!!

Chennai is not bad except for the summers..its a great city!

Oracle

Thank goodness everyone is posted Kolkatta!! I thought Chennai would get the rod from all these Northies!!

Chennai is not bad except for the summers..its a great city!
You think too much. For me, Chennai is the worst.

sandeepdg

Its better than some chung pa la desmo momo noodle town you come from!
Hey, man, no need to be racist here ! Everyone has a right to opinion, you may or may not the other person's opinion, but stay within limits of mutual decency.

By the way, I never mentioned that of all people I know who have stayed in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, everybody said that Bangalore and Hyderabad are much cleaner than Chennai. And the people are down right cold to the outsiders, to almost anyone who isn't Tamil.

sandeepdg

Kolkatta is worst due to increasing Slums by Illegal Bangladeshi. Nothing has improved in last many years.

Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi are best. Indeed, All cities are good. Every cities have some positive as well as some negative aspect.
It seems, you haven't seen the slums in Mumbai or you have never been there ! If you see Dharavi, you will faint analyzing at the size of it. The biggest in Asia probably, and one of the biggest in the world.

By the way, it seems you are not aware of another fact that 70-75% equivalent of Kolkata's population of 1 crore people, i.e. 70-75 lakhs, live in Mumbai slums ! Or almost 50 % equivalent of Delhi's population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles