Which city should be the capital of Seemandhra ??

Which city should be the capital of Seemandhra ??

• Total voters

Srinivas_K

Country flag
One pharma company business man came to vizag.. to setup fertilizer plant.. he was so suffered and fed with andhra people that he not able to complete the whole project.. by friend it was sold to dr reddy's laboratories...

Why people(andhra) gave money to TRS.. and who are funding united andhra.. both are same.. who may loose thousands acres in hyderabad ..
Esp worried is lagadapati or jagadapati.. Lets not divulge the thread ......... if you have comments go to Formation of Telangana State..
If you call this as United andhra movement .. I Pity you...

One more thing if you ask united andhra pradesh.. Give me solid reasons ...
Donot try to mock the united andhra movement there are lot of agitation going on here.

There are almost 30 lakh people from Andhra who are residing in Hyd. and each one person has families here in Andhra. They are worried more of TRS than Telanganites. People do have enough reasons to ask for united Andhra and I can give you plenty of legitimate reasons.

Regarding pharma company that is isolated incident.

Lets not derail the thread.

dealwithit

Donot try to mock the united andhra movement there are lot of agitation going on here.

There are almost 30 lakh people from Andhra who are residing in Hyd. and each one person has families here in Andhra. They are worried more of TRS than Telanganites. People do have enough reasons to ask for united Andhra and I can give you plenty of legitimate reasons.

Regarding pharma company that is isolated incident.

Lets not derail the thread.
But telangana people never attached anybody.. Only people worried of TRS are who are having hundreds GOVT Lands in Hyderabad..
I am having more friends from andhra than telangana.. If you want united andhra.. Try to convince telangana people..

Saying we will loose Hyderabad doesn't solve problem.. Telangana lost Water, jobs in last 50 years.. Arguing for Hyderabad is just like

IF I DONT GET IT NO ONE CAN

lots of people are happily living in Telangana and having business here.. Telling simple thing about pharma . means it is isolated. how can it be..
It is the struggle that caused for separate state ....Years of suppressing.

I know congress don't give a damn about what Telangana or andhra people think All it want is get to power again.
Even though if central want to have hyderabad UT .. It only angers T people causing more law and Order problems.
two possibilities either separate state with hyderabad or United state.

drkrn

Telangana lost Water, jobs in last 50 years..
contradicted many times.even sri krishna committe contradicted the views.
in a detailed post to tarunraju i posted why water is not well supplied to this region.will try to post it after searching

Telling simple thing about pharma . means it is isolated. how can it be..
eager to know in detail about the incident.

personal feelings.illogical

I know congress don't give a damn about what Telangana or andhra people think All it want is get to power again.
Even though if central want to have hyderabad UT .. It only angers T people causing more law and Order problems.
Law and order is already a problem in both regions,but ut can solve law and order at least in hyderabad.

aerokan

Country flag
But telangana people never attached anybody.. Only people worried of TRS are who are having hundreds GOVT Lands in Hyderabad..
I am having more friends from andhra than telangana.. If you want united andhra.. Try to convince telangana people..

Saying we will loose Hyderabad doesn't solve problem.. Telangana lost Water, jobs in last 50 years.. Arguing for Hyderabad is just like

IF I DONT GET IT NO ONE CAN

lots of people are happily living in Telangana and having business here.. Telling simple thing about pharma . means it is isolated. how can it be..

So KCR, KTR and his unlimited number of goons are not from Telangana?
How can people own GOVT lands? Either they belong to GOVT or they become private property of people. Not both at the same time.
Saying Telangana lost Jobs, water etc doesn't mean anything especially when you gained more than you lost. And please put a number on jobs you lost and show us what water you lost. Do you even have a remote idea of how little TMC's of water irrigates how huge amount of land in Coastal. And compare that to the huge water reserves available for Telangana and how much they were irrigated. You will see the difference. If you think you missed fair share of something then please work on it. If getting a seperate state for everything is the best solution you can get to, then may god help you. FYI, Telangana got more than it's fair share of development. Telangana has becomes like Kashmir crying over Jammu despite getting most of the resources. When you have 40% of the legislature of the state, and you still complain that you don't get anything, maybe it's time you and your elected leaders stop sitting on your ass and start developing what you think you missed. You guys have blamed enough of Seemandhra for your incompetence and shortcomings. No more!!!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Oh look, people trying to debate whether or not to hang Ajmal Kasab after he's hanged.

Once again, the topic of the thread is, "what should be the capital of Seemandhra (residual Andhra Pradesh after division with Telangana)?"

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ok guys, if you want to debate whether Andhra Pradesh should be split, please debate here. This thread is to debate where the new capital of residual of Andhra Pradesh should be, if and when it is divided.

anupamsurey

Country flag
first choice is Vishakhapattnam, second choice is Vijaywada. vP is already a tier 2 city, and it is a mess.
by the way what happened to the plan of building a new capital inbetween VP and vijaywada.?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
by the way what happened to the plan of building a new capital inbetween VP and vijaywada.?
Land for new capital has been chosen between Guntur and Vijayawada, it will be having Krishna river passing by. 31000 acres have been identified. They are going for land pooling instead of incremental acquisition of land.
About 3500 acres have been acquired. Design for capital will be released in another 2-3 months. Capital is expected to cost about 50,000 crores over 10 year period. However much of the plans will depend on how much the centre is willing to support.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Six cities in race: Visakhapatnam, Ongole, Kurnool, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry

Tirupati : Far away from the other end of the state and not a good choice for capital being the pilgrimage center.
Kurnool: Erstwhile capital but far away from the other end of state and not large enough to overcome the restriction. Falls outside the main road and rail network.
Visakhapatnam: Though far off from the other end, the significance of the city outweighs the negative. But it has the eastern naval command and it would be a good idea to keep it seperate from the capital. Road and rail networks are good. Fresh water supply will be a concern to be the capital city and mainly it is vulnerable as it not shielded from natural distasters like Tsunami, being a port city.
Ongole: Too near to the sea for security purposes, city expansion and avoidance of natural disasters. City is on the main road network on the Delhi-Chennai route.

So i eliminate these choices.

The remaining two choices are good for being capital. Both Vijayawada and Rajahmundry are located by the river sides providing water to the expanding cities if they are made capitals. Vijayawada has machilipatnam port and Rajamundry has kakinada port nearby within a radius of around 75 kms. So port access is provided without limiting the expansion of the city. Connectivity is good for both.

My first preference would be Vijayawada as it is the junction of Delhi-Chennai train corridor and Kolkata-Chennai train corridor. It has one of the biggest train junctions in India and also has the biggest Bus terminal in Asia. Road connectivity is very good to the entire state and falls on the Golden Quadrilateral of the highways. It already has established markets and good educational institutions. While Rajahmundry lacks proximity to another big city, Vijayawada has Guntur in it's proximity. Just like Hyderabad-Secunderabad twin cities, Vijayawada-Guntur can take that place. Or even better, Vijayawada-Guntur-Tenali tricity area can become an IT hub, industrial center and market junctions. This tri-city capital certainly has the potential to outclass Hyderabad city if properly planned.
V ijayawada is under earthquake zone-III you forgot to mention

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
So is Singapore. It's just 400 nmi away from a major tectonic fault between the Indo-Australian and Eurasian plates, which apart from earthquakes, is a major cause of tsunamis in the region. Singapore did OK.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
So is Singapore. It's just 400 nmi away from a major tectonic fault between the Indo-Australian and Eurasian plates, which apart from earthquakes, is a major cause of tsunamis in the region. Singapore did OK.
Yeah of course!!!..#i was just saying.i.But if Vijaywada- gunur becomes capital, then it may destroy acres of paddy fields.

dastan

Just saw on modi's Facebook page people from AP flocked in numbers to express their disappointment with the budget, most were asking about promised polvaram project. Looks like even CBN has gone on record expressing lack of attention for AP.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just saw on modi's Facebook page people from AP flocked in numbers to express their disappointment with the budget, most were asking about promised polvaram project. Looks like even CBN has gone on record expressing lack of attention for AP.
Yup , CBN had written quite a long "Disappointment with Union Budget" post on his facebook, hence the flocking. Ideally i would have reacted similar to those people, but now a days as a principle i have started a "no opinion for a week" policy for myself. because it is taking atleast a week to get both sides of any media story in public domain.

aerokan

Country flag
Most of the new AP is under zone-III. So that won't be a distinguishing factor. And to put in context, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkatta are in either Zone-IV or atleast Zone-III. We can construct buildings to survive earthquakes.. but not tsunami's or similar natural disasters like what struck Vizag after i made my previous post!! And it seems the AP govt thought may have read my assessment :namaste:

Yeah of course!!!..#i was just saying.i.But if Vijaywada- gunur becomes capital, then it may destroy acres of paddy fields.
Our country is a majority agrarian economy as of now. When it becomes developed, the share of agriculture in the economy goes down and the agricultural productivity goes up (it is one of the lowest in the world today). That's not a bad thing as such.

aerokan

Country flag

Yup , CBN had written quite a long "Disappointment with Union Budget" post on his facebook, hence the flocking. Ideally i would have reacted similar to those people, but now a days as a principle i have started a "no opinion for a week" policy for myself. because it is taking atleast a week to get both sides of any media story in public domain.
I am not surprised.. and I don't blame them entirely. Congress or BJP.. or some other ping-pong party.. they all neglect AP, coz we are used to taking lot more shit and they know it that we don't complain too much. If this kind of injustice had happened with Telangana, they would have demanded for seperation from the Indian Union and then from the Earth republic and then secession from the Federation of stars of the Milky Way. :rolleyes:

Well.. we will have to think and work more than usual to get out of this situation and the deficit budgets.. with no compensation and no capital (both city and budget). :thumb:

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned
So basically Telangana will be muslim state, seemandra a communist/christian and the remanining desolate land for the hindus?

Ok good, dw arms will make all 3 join back into one Vijaynagr.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned
So basically Telangana will be muslim state, seemandra a communist/christian and the remanining desolate land for the hindus?

Ok good, dw arms will make all 3 join back into one Vijaynagr.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned
No I'm not. Jammuites are least racist in all of india and accept everyone.
Is that why Kashmiri Pandits are scattered all over world now? What about article 370 those same pandits cannot even re-settle.

Re-phrase as: Jammuites are least anti-pakistan/saudi natioanlist ina ll of India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles