Which caliber do you prefer in an automatic rifle ??

Which caliber do you prefer in an automatic rifle ?

• Total voters

Pandora

Country flag

My choice Knights Armament SR-47

"This particular 7.62 x 39mm is probably the most accurate 7.62 x 39mm in the world because it's got a really fine free-floated barrel,"To enable the use of battlefield pick-up magazines, it can use AK-47 magazine... 8)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i am not an expert but i saw in TV most of the army changing to 7.6mm bcoz its means one shot one kill.
Only in CT ops..

The RR loves M43..

My Choice is 5.56mm coz its blow back is very less and accuracy and range is high, If i shoot one guy and he start walking again i wont hesitate to empty my Mag on him..

Pandora

Country flag
Only in CT ops..

The RR loves M43..

My Choice is 5.56mm coz its blow back is very less and accuracy and range is high, If i shoot one guy and he start walking again i wont hesitate to empty my Mag on him..
But how about 1 bullet 1 kill,bhiayaa thoda toh Cost cutting ke baare mein socho ,so better switch to 7.62mm .:rofl:

AprilLyrics

one shot on kill.[warning:very bloody]

video deleted-----people may feel uncomfortable

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
How about .338 Lapua Magnum. This round will pretty much drop anything on the planet that walks on 2 or 4.
Something Interesting for you..

.700 caliber

First time shoulder firing my monster creation. this is with .700 cal slugs that weigh 1132gr which means you only get 6 boolits out of a pound of lead.

this slug was loaded with what i would consider a mid level load at about 1600fps starting and up around 1800fps towards the end. This can and will be loaded up to 2300fps in the future.

the recoil energy of this rifle without the break is around 150 ft/lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
OK , lets put the question in another way .

Of which caliber should be the standard rifle issued to the common indian soldier ??
That is good one, as standard rifles means that it should be able to shoot accurately and consistantly at a range at which humans are capable of targeting the enemy in human form. That is generally between 300 and 400 meters. One should be able to engage enemy human figures between 300 to 100 meters with single , burst and automatic deliberately aimed and semi aimed fired shots / bursts.

The weapon should be able to produce very heavy volume / rate of accurate and constant automatic fire to engage enemy quickly at close ranges less than 50 meters range with as little dispersal as possible.

The stopping power of the ammunition should kill/ incapacitate the target and not merely injure. The aim of the ammunition must be to render the target resistance less rather than to merely penetrate and injure.

The weapon should fire ammunition with sufficient stopping power to pierce protected or semi protected human being to kill or incapacitate him at ranges 500 meters and less.

The mechanism should be simple, rugged and user friendly demanding minimum maintenance.

The ammunition should have accuracy and consistency, economical and should not harm the firer including in its toxicity. It should produce less smoke, heat and flash.

Ammunition should be light and shorter in shape with good ballistics and not designed for wounds and injuries considered inhuman. The ammunition should be lighter and in a shape to house larger number in a given magazine.

For a good assault rifle the ammunition should be adaptable in multi platforms and weapon systems and incorporate ballistic needs of differing ranges.

That broadly is the requirement. What fits the bill?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
First time shoulder firing my monster creation. this is with .700 cal slugs that weigh 1132gr which means you only get 6 boolits out of a pound of lead.
Definition of a 6 gauge.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
one shot on kill.[warning:very bloody]
伊拉克狙击手狙击美军实录 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看
[video]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzMwMzgwNDM2/v.swf[/video]
[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMwMzgwNDM2.html[/video]
That was not combat. Those were assassinations. Morally on the same level of Chinese shooting prisoners in the back of the head at point blank range.

(The topic of this thread is comparison of automatic rifle calibers for IA weapons. If you want to celebrate the murder of American soldiers, start your own thread on that subject.)

Last edited:

AprilLyrics

That was not combat. Those were assassinations. Morally on the same level of Chinese shooting prisoners in the back of the head at point blank range.

(The topic of this thread is comparison of automatic rifle calibers for IA weapons. If you want to celebrate the murder of American soldiers, start your own thread on that subject.)
i have said there is a warning.
and,someone talked about one shot one kill.i happen to watch the video and gave the link.it is one shot one kill.i was following the thread.but i ignored the bad influence.
besides,its not murder.it is war.killing with gun is murder,but killing with missile is not murder
i am not defending for the terrorist.i just try to explain,there is no moral in a war.both r killing people.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles