When, Where and How China Will Attack India

power_monger

Country flag
Agreed to SOME EXTENT.

And that is how we handle the china problem... easier said than done with Kongtards, AAPtards, Lalu , mullah-i-am and previous def mins like AK Antony and prev PM like Gujaral etc
Offtopic. Are you a kannadiga?

DingDong

Country flag
My thoughts:

A. An stalemate will result in China loosing the psychological advantage it gained over India post 1962. In Geopolitics and International Economics "Image" matters a lot. China may very well be scared of pulling another "Kargil" like misadventure.

B. China won't be able to cut through the Indian Naval build-up. Geography and Logistics favours us heavily and the losses for the PLAN will be "too great" to digest.

C. China may try to isolate India's NE region by concentrating it's firepower over "Chicken's Neck" and then asking the NE terror groups to break ceasefire, and in such scenario a good "offence" will be the only defensive option available for India, and this is the only scenario in which I see Pakistan jumping-in. I am sure that Indian Defence establishment is preparing for such an eventuality. I strongly believe that China is already testing this "theory" in NE.

D. A "weakened and battered" India may very well be advantageous for the status-quo powers, hence I don't expect the US and it's allies coming up with anything better than few "kind words" and "delayed" supplies.

E. IAF may not launch deep penetration attacks inside Chinese territory fearing losses to AD during initial phases, PLAAF enjoys huge numerical advantage. IAF must practice close-air-support which can change the outcome of engagements in favour of India. But IAF may go offensive after gaining sufficient information and confidence if the war drags on.

Compersion

Country flag
Indian permanent border with Tibet and PRC:

1) Straight line from Demchok to Ngari to Ngangla Lake (the reference point can be lower but encompass the area below since there is mountains) and down straight to Hilsa. The S301 not G219 be the critical reference point for transport between east and west for Tibet and PRC. The 219 upto and near Kunggyu lake being with India along with the linkage of S207.

2) Western side the road from Ngari to G315 be with Tibet and PRC. How close we come to that road can be measured by terrain.

3) Eastern side make the border like it is with the LAC being seen from productivity of smooth linear transport links between and across.

It might take generations. But we have to have our position.

Last edited:

Varahamihira

Country flag
Every few months some newbie come running with a "China is going to attack India" based on the flimsiest logic and little to no understanding of Geo-political and military affairs. During the late 2000s it used to mirror the 12th five year plan, 2012-2017.o_O

OP did not provide us with ample evidence of motive, planning and execution. I think OP should refrain from watching India Tv.

It is possible that China is trying to be the badass it thinks it is but why India and why today?

• PLA (tri-services) modernization is far from over. A war with India is just going to mess up with the modernization. With China intending to rival US is the coming decades, as of today India is nothing but a distraction.
  • Indian Navy dominates SLOCs and oil supply route. For PLAN to challenge that it will have move significant amount of assets into Indian Ocean and thus leaving its own backyard open to JSDMF, USN etc. I think I will trust the intelligence of PLA decision makers that they understand they understand the meaning of logistics.
  • PLAN has never ever participated in a major naval battle. Infact, the last time China took part in naval battle was the battle of Yalu River (1894) i.e. more than 120 years ago.
  • Last time Chinese pilots flew against an enemy was the Korean war. They had abysmal kill ratio against US when flying Mig-15 against F-86 Sabre.
It's just me but I think they would like to test their skills on someone softer and less experienced than India. Chinese members are free to correct me if they want.

As for the political ramifications, even a stalemate will create huge problems because absolute victory is next to impossible. Terrain is very harsh and passes are not all weather. It will also result in the end of India's balancing act and if China thinks that US-Japan alliance is the worst, wait till India joins the opposing team. Political suicide?

And do I even need to write the economic repercussions?

In conclusion, just relax. Chinese are many things but stupid is not one of them. Those so called "border intrusions" will continue to happen. Learn to live with it.

Are you kidding me? You are accusing me of watching News Channels.
It's been more than 3 years that I watched any News Channel.

Coming to motive.
Do you know what was the motive of Mao when he attacked India.When war was looming around between China and India an American Diplomat(may be Kissinger I think) came to India.Nehru assured him there will be no war as both countries never fought a war from time immemorial.

Then he went to China.Mao said in 649 A.D.Chinese King defeated Indian King Arjuna for punishing his diplomats.In that war Chinese killed more than 10,000 civilians too.He gave this example and went to war.
And most importantly they never forgot the 100 years of humiliation of Opium wars.You are a fool if you still searching for motives.

Yes Western powers will stoke the emotions high but when there is already so much trust deficit which China is not ready to solve then no one can do anything but to prepare for the eventuality.

And you calling me a noob.
I'm sure you didn't even know about the first war between India and China.

salute

We would bring our Navy to Indias help, that is the least we can do. Embargo always works against any aggressor.
finland has navy ???

ok bring out a battle group for our help please,

or atleast some stealth destroyers or landing helicopters deck,

or atleast a submarine please.

salute

why would china wanna waste its economy and military to start a war with a nuclear armed country,

sure maybe they can defeat india but they gonna also lay waste their country and economy and military,

then they cannot ever stand against american navy,
and they should forget about taking over all the islands and surrounding territories they always wanted,
because there would be no economy or military power left with china,

paki gonna join chinese but they gonna destroy themselves to,
but pakis dont care about their country never did and its already fucked up,
all they ever wanted is to kill india - kill hindus.

Varahamihira

Country flag
Why? India is not the smallest one, or resource-richest one either. India is not even the one Chinese hates.
I don't see how India could be a target above all!
Because India is the only country they defeated.Till last year they used to do their incursions into our territory until PM Modi stalled them with equal force.Incursions will continue won't stop.

And moreover does CCP control PLA completely? There are lot of sacking or transfer of military personnel going on including one who carried the incursion during XI's visit to India.

Varahamihira

Country flag
why would china wanna waste its economy and military to start a war with a nuclear armed country,

sure maybe they can defeat india but they gonna also lay waste their country and economy and military,

then they cannot ever stand against american navy,
and they should forget about taking over all the islands and surrounding territories they always wanted,
because there would be no economy or military power left with china,

paki gonna join chinese but they gonna destroy themselves to,
but pakis dont care about their country never did and its already fucked up,
all they ever wanted is to kill india - kill hindus.
To get to America they have to cross India.Till now they succeeded in it.But we are rising again.
So either they fire from Pak's shoulder which they are doing or involve directly.

America wants no rival so there interest is let the regional powers fight among them or else we(America) stoke them.
Former NSA of America(forgot his name) has said in long term India is going to be America's rival.

blueblood

Are you kidding me? You are accusing me of watching News Channels.
It's been more than 3 years that I watched any News Channel.
Congratulations, should this be the citation for your PVC or do you prefer a different one?

Every fucking time. :frusty:

China defeated Arjuna in 649 AD. Now you are also the proud owner of a Darwin Award. So hop on your Pushpak Viman and get going.

swastic_1170

Country flag
Exactly.. Tats y we and China should avoid that in first place.. I do not trust China, but do not think they are stupid enough to give US upper hand.. But again.. I have been proved wrong before..

America wants no rival so there interest is let the regional powers fight among them or else we(America) stoke them.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Exactly.. Tats y we and China should avoid that in first place.. I do not trust China, but do not think they are stupid enough to give US upper hand.. But again.. I have been proved wrong before..
we should just use american insecurity to industrialize ourselves. Check out kishore madhubanis talk on this topic titled can india be cunning.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Very good and well argued post.

In the portion quoted above, I agree with the green part, but I am trying to see the reasoning behind the red part.
Think of the three as concentric circles... you are at the center... and the tactical is smallest and ideological is largest.
To attack the larger circle , you must "win" the smaller circle ....i.e. "win" in the sense of having a competitive footing.
I wrote the post linearly, but was thinking in 2 D if that makes any sense.

prohumanity

Country flag
This tread starts with a faulty premise that China will attack India. I would like to know ...WHY China will attack India...WHY ? Whats the point ? China is not an imperialistic power..it is doing well economically...and has much to gain by trading with India. This paranoid assumption that China is going to attack India is foolish..to say the least. Can some one give me a sane and logical answer as to why China will attack India ?
Some people like to create an imaginary enemy to entertain themselves.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If Chinese could defeat India, they would have done it by now. No. Chinese are not stupid. They know they will lose a war with India , in air , water and land. They have been given bloody noses two times now. I am pretty sure they won't want a third bloody nose

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This tread starts with a faulty premise that China will attack India. I would like to know ...WHY China will attack India...WHY ? Whats the point ? China is not an imperialistic power..it is doing well economically...and has much to gain by trading with India. This paranoid assumption that China is going to attack India is foolish..to say the least. Can some one give me a sane and logical answer as to why China will attack India ?
Some people like to create an imaginary enemy to entertain themselves.
Why did china attack India in 1962. I really wish I could just ignore your hypocritical bleed heart nonsense but you are making it rather difficult :rolleyes:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Because India is the only country they defeated.Till last year they used to do their incursions into our territory until PM Modi stalled them with equal force.Incursions will continue won't stop.

And moreover does CCP control PLA completely? There are lot of sacking or transfer of military personnel going on including one who carried the incursion during XI's visit to India.
Oh for fucks sake get over this inferiority complex. China defeated India only once in history at a time when India was unprepared due to that moron nehru. . when indian army was well prepared in 1967 and 1980s, they attempted 1962 again and were given bloody noses by Indian army.

Historically too, Chinese were more interested in remaining isolated within their own BS(just like today) than dealing with anything else. Even now it is going to be the same- they are going to isolate themselves behind their own self assumed hegemony while India makes SEA its own backyard without sending a single soldier.

Of course for that we need better economy and I am sure if we are smart enough to give BJP two more terms that can be taken care of. The difference between India and China is only one decade- the difference between their date of liberalisation and our date of liberalisation. So get over your inferiority complex.

no smoking

Country flag

Do you realise that there is no agreed LOC in that area? Do you know there is 10km gap between the LOC recognised by each side?
In other words, every time, each side's army comes close to their own LOC, it is an incursion in the eye of another side. So, India is doing the same thing as China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles