When China will be the world dominating MILITARY SUPERPOWER?

J20!

Country flag
US navy still eclipses China's expanded force | Navy & Maritime Security News at DefenceTalk

US navy still eclipses China's expanded force

By Agence France-Presse on Thursday, December 8th, 2011

China's navy has hundreds of vessels at its disposal, among them nuclear submarines and an aircraft carrier, but it still does not come close to the huge naval firepower wielded by the United States.
Chinese President Hu Jintao called Tuesday for the country's navy to "make extended preparations for military combat", further fuelling fears over Beijing's ambitions in the highly strategic maritime area that surrounds it.
The United States, which recently reasserted its role as a Pacific power and said it will post troops in Australia, responded by saying China had the right to develop its military capabilities, but should do so "transparently".
China maintains a high level of secrecy around its People's Liberation Army, the largest armed force in the world with an estimated 2.3 million troops.
Around 300,000 of those are thought to serve in the navy, which comprises three fleets and has around 30 large missile destroyers, half a dozen nuclear-powered attack submarines and a small number of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines.
This year it unveiled its first aircraft carrier, a 300-metre-long (990-foot) former Soviet naval vessel that had its first sea trial on August 10.
By contrast, India — another major military power in the region — has around 132 warships, including an aircraft carrier, and 16 submarines, one of which is a nuclear submarine undergoing sea trials.
Earlier this year, the Pentagon warned that the PLA — still primarily a land force — was increasingly focused on its naval power and had invested in high-tech weaponry that would extend its reach in the Pacific and beyond.
Nevertheless, experts say China's naval capability pales in comparison with America's huge and technically highly sophisticated maritime force.
The US Pacific fleet is the country's largest, with 79 ships and submarines off America's west coast, 29 in Hawaii, 19 in Japan and four in the Pacific territory of Guam.
Six of America's 11 aircraft carriers have their base in the Pacific, including the USS George Washington, which is docked at the Yokosuka naval base in Japan. At any given point, there are around 50 US naval ships in the west Pacific.
America's huge naval operations combined with its geopolitical alliances in the region have enabled it to contain China within what is known as a "brown water navy".
Hemmed in by an arc of powerful rivals in South Korea, Japan and Taiwan, China suffers from severely limited access to the oceans that surround it.
"The Chinese are also acutely aware of US military capabilities, as demonstrated in combat actions every year since 1991, and the gap between their capabilities and those of the US and its allies," said Dennis Blasko, a Chinese military expert with the Washington-based Jamestown Foundation think tank.
"The Chinese are conducting their modernisation process with no recent combat experience, no experience in fighting the kind of informationised war they are preparing to fight."

Read more: US navy still eclipses China's expanded force | Navy & Maritime Security News at DefenceTalk
I'm starting to doubt you even know what a "brown water" navy is... Educate yourself:

Brown-water navy is a term that originated in the United States Navy, referring to the small gunboats and patrol boats used in rivers, along with some of the larger ships (including converted WWII LCMs, LSTs, etc.) that supported them as "mother ships," from which they operated. A broader meaning is any naval force that has the capacity to carry out military operations in river or littoral environments. The term "brown-water" generally describes river environments carrying heavy sediment loads, such as from soil runoff or flooding.[1] Since presence of "brown water" requires a soil source, whether riverine or coastal, the term has become associated with littoral navies.
The philipines has a brown water navy.

The PLAN, the IN, the JMSDF the ROKNetc are all "green water" navies:

Green-water navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a little reading and stop making yourself look bad.

mikhail

Country flag
Where is Kaveri my Indian friend? Not 1 SINGLE INDIAN FIGHTER FLIES WITH AN INDEGENOUS ENGINE. Not even 1 prototype. WS10A's are flying on OPERATIONAL J11B's, but you're just trolling so no matter. Its amazing that an INDIAN could laugh at our tech considering that you don't have a single indigenous fighter in operation, you cant even export guns, let alone fighters.
mate the whole world knows the truth behind the chinese fighters specially your so "called" J-11B(Su-27SK shamelessly reverse engineered!:rofl:).mate i have already heard a lot of these fanboyish tales of how wonderfully the WS-10A engine is fully operational and blah blah.....i just wanna ask you a simple question:-if your so called "magnificient" WS-10A is really in service so why you guys are begging in front of the Russians for more Lyulka AL-31F engines for your J-10s!you guys are hated throughout the world for your illegal copying of others weaponry,for violating copyrights etc.and hence even though you have huge amount of $$ tospend no western country or even Russia is willing to supply you with state-of-the-art weaponry:pound:!and for the kaveri engine thing Dessault and HAL is collaborating in making it a success.so you can see that even though we don't have a single indegenous fighter in IAF but due to our reputation as an honest country we are getting all the goodies that we can effort from the western countries without a single hitch(e.g.Dassault Rafale)!so from next time onwards try to be honest and who knows that you also can get some of these goodies!:laugh:

mikhail

Country flag
Last time I checked, it was your Russian refitted carrier that was blowing up its boilers during trials. In the space of a year, the Liaoning has spent a total 102 days at sea, yours didn't last 3 months before having to go back for repairs. Our carrier was refitted in one of our well equipped shipyards with world class shipyard infrastructure(cranes, dry docks etc), not in a pen made for nuclear submarines. All you've done is let Russia re-learn carrier building and maintenance before refitting their own Admiral Kuznetsov.

Maybe our build quality being so low is why you buy more than double from us what we buy from india.

I think your problem is you think the Chinese defense industry and its Indian counterpart are peers. far from it. One is the 6th largest exporter of defense tech, and one is the world's largest importer of military equipment.
mate you forgot to add the facts that you guys generally sell all this craps to poor third world countries who don't have $ to spend and so end up gettin f**ked up by buying cheap chini junks!and regarding Vikramaditya,mate there's an old saying in India that paitence always bore fruits!first you try to develop your J-15 aka reversed engineered Su-33 junks then you'll have an operational carrier because the last time i checked J-15 was still under development.and secondly you don't have any prior experience of operating an a/c,on the other hand we have been operating a/cs for the last 45 years.so by the time you gain that valuable experience to make the varyag a worthy fighting a/c we'll have our own indegenous a/c(INS Vikrant) and probably the 65,000 tonnes INS Vishal!

J20!

Country flag
mate the whole world knows the truth behind the chinese fighters specially your so "called" J-11B(Su-27SK shamelessly reverse engineered!:rofl:).mate i have already heard a lot of these fanboyish tales of how wonderfully the WS-10A engine is fully operational and blah blah.....i just wanna ask you a simple question:-if your so called "magnificient" WS-10A is really in service so why you guys are begging in front of the Russians for more Lyulka AL-31F engines for your J-10s!you guys are hated throughout the world for your illegal copying of others weaponry,for violating copyrights etc.and hence even though you have huge amount of $$ tospend no western country or even Russia is willing to supply you with state-of-the-art weaponry:pound:!and for the kaveri engine thing Dessault and HAL is collaborating in making it a success.so you can see that even though we don't have a single indegenous fighter in IAF but due to our reputation as an honest country we are getting all the goodies that we can effort from the western countries without a single hitch(e.g.Dassault Rafale)!so from next time onwards try to be honest and who knows that you also can get some of these goodies!:laugh:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWN!

We have J10's and J20's and J31's because we have a DOMESTIC supply of high end military equipment which we can export. You're laughing at China for buying SOME foreign engines when ALL your engines are imported. ALL your fighters are imported, yet you're trying to make fun of an arms industry that EXPORTS fighters.

We don't need to beg foreign suppliers for equipment, you do. It seems that's something to be proud of? Let me know when you have something FACTUAL to add to the discussion.

*officially added to my ignore list*

mikhail

Country flag
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWN!

We have J10's and J20's and J31's because we have a DOMESTIC supply of high end military equipment which we can export. You're laughing at China for buying SOME foreign engines when ALL your engines are imported. ALL your fighters are imported, yet you're trying to make fun of an arms industry that EXPORTS fighters.

We don't need to beg foreign suppliers for equipment, you do. It seems that's something to be proud of? Let me know when you have something FACTUAL to add to the discussion.

*officially added to my ignore list*
its nothing about begging,on the contrary its pure business!actually we have a lot of options in the international market so we are free to buy anything we desire to have in our armed forces.on the other hand nobody is willing to sell you guys even a pin let alone any state-of-the-art weaponry!so you see its nothing to do with your self reliance sh*t!because as the English people say"beggars can't be choosers":pound:

ice berg

its nothing about begging,on the contrary its pure business!actually we have a lot of options in the international market so we are free to buy anything we desire to have in our armed forces.on the other hand nobody is willing to sell you guys even a pin let alone any state-of-the-art weaponry!so you see its nothing to do with your self reliance sh*t!because as the English people say"beggars can't be choosers":pound:
Sure, it is pure business for the salesman, which is not you btw.

Good that you admit you are the beggars. Consider the Gorshkov story. .:rofl: You are keep begging while the russian keep milking you. State of the art? hahahahha. That is a good one. A fanboy like you are so easy to fool. :taunt:

mikhail

Country flag
Sure, it is pure business for the salesman, which is not you btw.

Good that you admit you are the beggars. Consider the Gorshkov story. .:rofl: You are keep begging while the russian keep milking you. State of the art? hahahahha. That is a good one. A fanboy like you are so easy to fool. :taunt:
i
come on mate everybody in this world knows about the famous chini begging for the RD-93 engines from Russia.you guys are so shameless that you openly violated the copyrights of the Su-27SK and asked the Russians to stop delivering the remaining flankers because suddenly your PLAAF was not satisfied with the flankers's performance.so any sane person would see who's the real beggar by going through my post.and btw we Indians neither have the chini genes(of stealing others rightfull thing) nor do we have paki genes(famous for begging).we simply buy our weaponry and equipment as we have enough money to buy them and we have a reputation throughout the world of being an honesr country which always respect and abides by the global copyrights laws and hence every major foreign defenve companies want to sell their goodies to us unlike you guys!

juquesword

Dude you are dreaming, sweet sweet dream.
China now is still lack of capability of R&D on high level technology and basic science theory.
Most of Chinese heavy industries are useing old western/Japanese tech or equip.
I dont see any hope we can catch up with USA in the next 20 years.
Even in Asia, we are facing Japanese military forces which are technically more advance than PLA, at least navy and airforce.

ice berg

i
come on mate everybody in this world knows about the famous chini begging for the RD-93 engines from Russia.you guys are so shameless that you openly violated the copyrights of the Su-27SK and asked the Russians to stop delivering the remaining flankers because suddenly your PLAAF was not satisfied with the flankers's performance.so any sane person would see who's the real beggar by going through my post.and btw we Indians neither have the chini genes(of stealing others rightfull thing) nor do we have paki genes(famous for begging).we simply buy our weaponry and equipment as we have enough money to buy them and we have a reputation throughout the world of being an honesr country which always respect and abides by the global copyrights laws and hence every major foreign defenve companies want to sell their goodies to us unlike you guys!
LOL, your country is still begging to buy bullets. You buy because you cant make it yourself. LOL

I am not surprised though since you think you dont share genes with Pakistanis. What do I expect from someone who dont even know his ancestors though. face palm. :rofl:

There is no genetic difference aside from religion. maybe you will learn that once you start at school.

mikhail

Country flag
LOL, your country is still begging to buy bullets. You buy because you cant make it yourself. LOL

I am not surprised though since you think you dont share genes with Pakistanis. What do I expect from someone who dont even know his ancestors though. face palm. :rofl:

There is no genetic difference aside from religion. maybe you will learn that once you start at school.
don't you worry my little ignorant chini friend your previous offensive post regarding our ancestry has already been reported!:namaste:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

You silly little Chinese, Pakis are the ones who keep claiming that they are a distinct race from Indians. Your terrorist friends are the ones who don't know who their ancestors are.

As for his comment, he is right - Pakis have metamorphosed into a completely different nation over the past 65 years, and they share nothing with India anymore. So keep your inane comments to yourself and don't tempt others to get offensive towards you.

mikhail

Country flag
You silly little Chinese, Pakis are the ones who keep claiming that they are a distinct race from Indians. Your terrorist friends are the ones who don't know who their ancestors are.

As for his comment, he is right - Pakis have metamorphosed into a completely different nation over the past 65 years, and they share nothing with India anymore. So keep your inane comments to yourself and don't tempt others to get offensive towards you.
mate don't worry about this delusional chini.he don't even what he is talking about!:tsk:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I find it very illiterate of someone to feel Indians do not know of their ancestry.

You may be beholden to Pakistan to the extent that you are ready to kowtow to them for what they are doing in Xinjiang, but then the issue is that India and Indians were there before there was anything called Pakistan.

If someone has forgotten their genes, it is not the Indians, but the Pakistanis.

By the way which part of China are you from so that I can tell you your ancestry.

Don't expose yourself!

ice berg

It seems quite a lot people here are ignorant of their ancestors.

Someone claimed : "nor do we have paki genes(famous for begging"

Which I replied that "I am not surprised though since you think you dont share genes with Pakistanis. What do I expect from someone who dont even know his ancestors though. face palm. "

if your guys dont know that indians share the same genes as pakistanis, then it is your own fault.
No need to take out your ignorance on me.

Read this:
Invasion of the Genes Genetic Heritage of India Av B. S. Ahloowalia

According to the author North indians share the same genes as the Pakistanis.

I dont see why people get so worked up because of this. Fact is fact.:rofl:

blank_quest

Country flag
According to the author North indians share the same genes as the Pakistanis.

I dont see why people get so worked up because of this. Fact is fact.
Tell this to your Paki friends ~! :lol:

ice berg

Tell your fellow posters instead. They are the angry ones here. :rofl:

Country flag
I'm starting to doubt you even know what a "brown water" navy is... Educate yourself:

The philipines has a brown water navy.

The PLAN, the IN, the JMSDF the ROKNetc are all "green water" navies:

Green-water navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a little reading and stop making yourself look bad.
China's navy is behind India's navy,India had a aircraft 40 years ago but It did not make India
a blue water navy. China is a Brown water navy and some green capability but again Chinese
navy will not be doing much beyond South China seas bullying small neighbors.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
China's navy is behind India's navy,India had a aircraft 40 years ago but It did not make India
a blue water navy. China is a Brown water navy and some green capability but again Chinese
navy will not be doing much beyond South China seas bullying small neighbors.
OMG, I just really wish Prada was in this thread, someone I can have a decent technical discussion with, not someone who repeats the same flawed logic over and over again.

Unless you have redefined the term "brown water navy", the PLAN still remains a green water navy with blue water aspirations, same as the JMSDF, the ROKN, and the Indian Navy. A brown water Navy is a Navy tasked with defending rivers and littorals, what the Vietnamese Navy was during the Vietnam War. I've given you links, all you've given me is a 14 year old article.
Educate yourself and come back.

An old STOVL carrier is by no means an indication of superiority, unless the Thai Navy is superior to the Australian Navy if we follow your logic. Maybe the Brazilian Navy also tops the German navy?

All you guys are going round and round in circles.
Give me verifiable proof in terms of technical details WRT warships, communication networks, surveillance networks etc etc, including the numbers built of each platform. All this "we're superior because we have Russian tech and a museum of an aircraft carrier" claims are useless to both of us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles