What's your impression about China?

redragon

Country flag
who is anyone? China has 1.4 billions people I am sure more than 95% won't agree with you, what is the population for europe and us? don't speak on behalf human being, you are just minority.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
who is anyone? China has 1.4 billions people I am sure more than 95% won't agree with you, what is the population for europe and us? don't speak on behalf human being, you are just minority.
You let Uighurs and Tibetans vote, see where your majority lies then. :sarcastic:

redragon

Country flag
Armand2rep,

Seriously, I understand you have very bad impression to CCP or maybe to China too, you believe China should go the direction which western world want it to go. However, what you did recently (5 years) makes it more difficult to achieve your ideal result.
More and more normal Chinese people now don't trust western countries, and believe more in CCP which helped CCP to grap the power more firmly.
Think about the way western countries want China to be split and the harassment in the olympic torch relay, think about UK and France refused to return the treasure they robbed from China and wanted to sell proceeds of robber back to the legal owner with a sky high price and don't mention western medias handed out half the truth to try to mislead people......so much things, How can Chinese people believe the western countries criticized CCP because they want Chinese people to live a better life.
Westerners can keep calling Chinese "brainwashed", but trust me that will only make you look bad, remember, percentage wise, more chinese can speak english and french than more westerner can speak Chinese, so the information are actually more one direction only for normal people in western countries, you can only take whatever your medias told you, on the countrary, I can get info from medias of both sides, and I can read what normal chinese have to say regarding their feeling and thinking as well as what you people are thinking

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Your are laughable, as a chinese territory, the Tibet's destiney will be decided by all Chinese, that is why I said you want to separate China? have a war with China, period. Without US, you French can only hide deeply in the shorty.
Sure, let us see how PLAN fares against the Charles de Gaulle battle group with Rafales, E-2C AWACs, Horizon destroyers, Amethyste SSNs, and La Feyette FFGs. If you don't get the message after your fleet is at the bottom, we can send 1000 Scalp EG and Navale cruise missiles into your strategic targets, and if not then we can finish the job with 300 nuclear warheads.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armand2rep,

Seriously, I understand you have very bad impression to CCP or maybe to China too, you believe China should go the direction which western world want it to go. However, what you did recently (5 years) makes it more difficult to achieve your ideal result.
There are only four things I really want from China

1) Stop polluting excessively
2) Stop persecuting Christians
3) Give Tibet self-determination
4) Stop supporting Pakistan and their terror

More and more normal Chinese people now don't trust western countries, and believe more in CCP which helped CCP to grap the power more firmly.
Think about the way western countries want China to be split and the harassment in the olympic torch relay, think about UK and France refused to return the treasure they robbed from China and wanted to sell proceeds of robber back to the legal owner with a sky high price and don't mention western medias handed out half the truth to try to mislead people......so much things, How can Chinese people believe the western countries criticized CCP because they want Chinese people to live a better life.
You can blame your own leaders for that. If you hadn't tortured and killed British, Indian, and French captives and tried using them as a bargaining chip, Lord Englin would never have issued the order. It is now 150 years later, you aren't getting the stuff back so give it up.

Westerners can keep calling Chinese "brainwashed",
When did I call you "brainwashed?"

but trust me that will only make you look bad, remember, percentage wise, more chinese can speak english and french than more westerner can speak Chinese,
And why do you think Chinese learn English and French and not the other way around? China relies on EU trade, EU can find other sources for your trade, like India. China doesn't open their markets enough for us to care about learning Chinese.

so the information are actually more one direction only for normal people in western countries, you can only take whatever your medias told you, on the countrary, I can get info from medias of both sides, and I can read what normal chinese have to say regarding their feeling and thinking as well as what you people are thinking
Western media is free media, CCP media is propoganda. Every time I analyze some CCP claim I find some half truth, manipulation of numbers, or sheer exageration. Haven't you realised yet you can't rely on CCP? You are blocked from all the great information websites for a reason, they want to keep you dumbed down so they can control you. Only totalitarian countries do that and you live in one, hell, even Russia has unrestricted internet access and that is saying alot for such a controlled state. Of course I can't abide by what CCP run media says, they have proven they can't be trusted from the first time I ever read it. Running the website test I don't get any of my favourites except DFI.

Website Test behind the Great Firewall of China

redragon

Country flag
There are only four things I really want from China

1) Stop polluting excessively
2) Stop persecuting Christians
3) Give Tibet self-determination
4) Stop supporting Pakistan and their terror

You can blame your own leaders for that. If you hadn't tortured and killed British, Indian, and French captives and tried using them as a bargaining chip, Lord Englin would never have issued the order. It is now 150 years later, you aren't getting the stuff back so give it up.

When did I call you "brainwashed?"

And why do you think Chinese learn English and French and not the other way around? China relies on EU trade, EU can find other sources for your trade, like India. China doesn't open their markets enough for us to care about learning Chinese.

Western media is free media, CCP media is propoganda. Every time I analyze some CCP claim I find some half truth, manipulation of numbers, or sheer exageration. Haven't you realised yet you can't rely on CCP? You are blocked from all the great information websites for a reason, they want to keep you dumbed down so they can control you. Only totalitarian countries do that and you live in one, hell, even Russia has unrestricted internet access and that is saying alot for such a controlled state. Of course I can't abide by what CCP run media says, they have proven they can't be trusted from the first time I ever read it. Running the website test I don't get any of my favourites except DFI.

Website Test behind the Great Firewall of China
Well, I guess conversation has been done, thank you

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Originally Posted by CS1.6 View Post

I dont understand how the flow of the people could be directly organised by CCP, if CCP wants me to living in Tibet, i will tell them to fXXk off, and no one will move to Tibet because they have are told to do so by CCP; they will only move to Tibet if they like the place, or they want to do business over there;
I guess the reason our indian friends belive in that way without investigation or logical questioning is they were told so by the "free media". If I tell them I know something because Chinese media said so, guess what they will call me?
Could you explain what is the Hokou system in China?

As I understand A Hukou (simplified Chinese: 户口; traditional Chinese: 戶口; pinyin: hùkǒu) or huji (simplified Chinese: 户籍; traditional Chinese: 戶籍; pinyin: hùjí) refers to the system of residency permits which dates back to ancient China, where household registration is required by law in People's Republic of China.

A household registration record officially identifies a person as a resident of an area and includes identifying information such the name of the person, date of birth, the names of parents, and name of spouse, if married.

A hukou can also refer to a family register in many contexts since the household registration record (simplified Chinese: 户籍誊本; traditional Chinese: 戶籍謄本; pinyin: hùjí téngběn) is issued per family, and usually includes the births, deaths, marriages, divorces, and moves, of all members in the family.

The Communist Party instigated a command economy when it came to power in the late 1940s. In 1958, the Chinese government began using the family register system to control the movement of people between urban and rural areas. Individuals were broadly categorised as a "rural" or "urban" worker.A worker seeking to move from the country to urban areas to take up non-agricultural work would have to apply through the relevant bureaucracies. The number of workers allowed to make such moves was tightly controlled. Migrant workers would require six passes to work in provinces other than their own. People who worked outside their authorized domain or geographical area would not qualify for grain rations, employer-provided housing, or health care. There were controls over education, employment, marriage and so on.

and the flow of han chinese you are talking about, i dont get it; because the total population in Tibet is 2.87million, and among which 2.7million are Tibetan;
The non Tibetans as per your statistics, were living there for ages?

How did they come there? Since you are good at statistics, could you give the years they came to Tibet?

Smoking opium and having lost their way?

How come they did not have your guts to tell Mao F***Off?

You are a Communist commissar's son?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A work unit or danwei (simplified Chinese: 单位; traditional Chinese: 單位; pinyin: dān wèi) is the name given to a place of employment in the People's Republic of China.

The influence of a work unit on the life of an individual was substantial and permission had to be obtained from the work units before undertaking everyday events such as travel, marriage, or having children. Amongst other things, the work unit assigned individuals living quarters and provided them with food, which was eaten in centralized canteens. The danwei system was crucial to the implementation of the mis-named 'one child policy' as the reproductive behavior of workers could be monitored through the danwei system. Workers not complying with policy could have their pay docked, incentives withheld or living conditions downgraded.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
However after a visit to China mainly Shanghai and nearby areas, I was quite impressed with the leap forward taken by the Chinese in terms of infrastructure and other areas. There is a growth in prosperity which is trickling down to different levels of society.
Sob,

How is it in the interior since you visited Mainland China.

and the flow of han chinese you are talking about, i dont get it; because the total population in Tibet is 2.87million, and among which 2.7million are Tibetan;
The non Tibetans as per your statistics, were living there for ages?

How did they come there? Since you are good at statistics, could you give the years they came to Tibet?

Smoking opium?

CS1.6

Ray, i am done with the talk why Han Chinese living in a Chinese province, Tibet;

Tibetens are chinese and they are free to go anywhere in china, and Han chinese are chinese and they are free to go anywhere in china;

Just as simple as that; like it or not, it is the fact that Tibet is a province of china, a part of china; you can cry out if you dont like this fact, other than that, nothing else you can do;

by they way, if you want to travel to Tibet, welcome!, but don't forget to get the visa from china embassy;

neo29

China , a country which is currently astonishing the world with its progress. But a progress at the cost of human rights and a communist regime. people dont have freedom of speech. the media is been controlled by the government. whats the use of greatness when your own people have their freedom of speech curbed.

china mostly has an exported centered economy , they dumping cheap chinese goods all over the world . the day their exports gets a hit their economy will have problems.
Worst part is they are good at copying what others make. from toys, consumer goods , military hardware etc .

not to mention their atrocities in tibet. so whats the use of a booming economy when you got so many negative aspects.

CS1.6

China , a country which is currently astonishing the world with its progress. But a progress at the cost of human rights and a communist regime. people dont have freedom of speech. the media is been controlled by the government. whats the use of greatness when your own people have their freedom of speech curbed.

china mostly has an exported centered economy , the dumping cheap chinese goods all over the world . the day their exports gets a hit their economy will have problems.
Worst part is they are good at copying what others make. from toys, consumer goods , military hardware etc .

not to mention their atrocities in tibet. so whats the use of a booming economy when you got so many negative aspects.
indian strong!!!:india:

china is hell!!!:sporty55:

amoy

being a chinese I‘m shocked by some of misconcepts
* for solution of tibet china must stop flow of han chinese
------------------------------in India can u freely travel from one pradesh to another for work, study or tours, regardless of your ethnic or religious background?

* being ‘suppressed’ by a ‘dictatorial and totalitarian’ Communist regime
--------------------------- do any of u have ideas on what 'communism' is about in China, not the interpretation without bias? do u learn what Indian Communists are preaching? Is it completely 'evil'? Do u agree democracy is something step by step?

*i dont have good impression of china as it has ousted dalai lama
---------------------------------------do u know why Dalai Lama escaped? do u support slavery and Lama's medieval rule (Monasteries owned most of lands and slaves)??

Agantrope

------------------------------in India can u freely travel from one pradesh to another for work, study or tours, regardless of your ethnic or religious background?
Im from one state and worked in 4 different states for atleast 6 months in each. Religion may not create problem but for ethnic there might.

For Others like communist in India i dont like to answer and for Lama i have no idea.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
being a chinese I‘m shocked by some of misconcepts
* for solution of tibet china must stop flow of han chinese
In India, people are free to travel and settle anywhere in India (except J&K). But the difference is, in India people migrate in search of better opportunities or better education but in case of China the migration of Hans to Tibet is a deliberate resettlement of Hans from other parts of China by CCP to overwhelm Tibetans.

amoy

in India people migrate in search of better opportunities or better education but in case of China the migration of Hans to Tibet is a deliberate resettlement of Hans from other parts of China by CCP to overwhelm Tibetans.
====================================
Thank u Daredevil, u taught me a good lesson about 'dual standards'. I guess u have never been China, therefore u're parroting "overwhelm Tibet" etc etc. In your words Indian's migration is for "opportunities", while we chinese are malicious in migration. what a humor??

May I pinpoint your ignorance or hypocrisis, as I'm a Chinese right here witnessing all this?? Just to remind u Han is only one of 56 ethnic groups in China. And many migrants to Tibet are Muslims (various groups). Shall Han or others enjoy the same freedom? Aren't they human beings like u despite CCP rule? Are they flowing to where they can make a living?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thank u Daredevil, u taught me a good lesson about 'dual standards'. I guess u have never been China, therefore u're parroting "overwhelm Tibet" etc etc. In your words Indian's migration is for "opportunities", while we chinese are malicious in migration. what a humor??
When have Indians migrated to colonise a land? Han are moving into Tibet, East Turkestan, and the Russian Far East by the millions.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
in India people migrate in search of better opportunities or better education but in case of China the migration of Hans to Tibet is a deliberate resettlement of Hans from other parts of China by CCP to overwhelm Tibetans.
====================================

May I pinpoint your ignorance or hypocrisis, as I'm a Chinese right here witnessing all this?? Just to remind u Han is only one of 56 ethnic groups in China. And many migrants to Tibet are Muslims (various groups). Shall Han or others enjoy the same freedom? Aren't they human beings like u despite CCP rule? Are they flowing to where they can make a living?
Well you are not getting the point. If Hans or any other ethnic chinese come to Tibet to do business out of their free will, there is nothing wrong. But what CCP is doing is it is resettling many Hans in Tibet so has to overwhelm Tibetans. See the difference between migration out of free will and govt. sponsored resettlement. That's the hypocrisy of CCP and everyone knows about it.

redragon

Country flag
Well you are not getting the point. If Hans or any other ethnic chinese come to Tibet to do business out of their free will, there is nothing wrong. But what CCP is doing is it is resettling many Hans in Tibet so has to overwhelm Tibetans. See the difference between migration out of free will and govt. sponsored resettlement. That's the hypocrisy of CCP and everyone knows about it.
please give me some real evidence about this "govt sponsored resettlement".

and please don't give me craps from Dailai lama's side, give me something issued by western governments, thank you

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
' '
please give me some real evidence about this "govt sponsored resettlement".

and please don't give me craps from Dailai lama's side, give me something issued by western governments, thank you
Washington Post link here by Abrahm Lustgarten
The shops burning were Chinese-owned stalls and businesses, many of which were built since Beijing renewed its push to bring intensive development and encourage Han migration to the Tibet Autonomous Region in the late 1990s.

Six years ago, on my first visit, Lhasa could still be described as a quaint city brimming with Chinese influence but largely characterized by its ancient Tibetan architecture, Tibetan goods and, of course, Tibetan people.
I was dumbfounded, on four subsequent visits, to see how much had changed. The population exploded -- from 250,000 to 500,000 -- and despite official figures that insisted otherwise, few of the newcomers were Tibetan. And they stayed in Lhasa year-round.

The Chinese had taken sledgehammers to large swaths of Lhasa's historic streets -- narrow cobblestone alleys pinned in by 400-year-old whitewashed buildings.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles