What would a Russia vs United States of America war look like?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
not surprised why china is not totally colonized and why it is now more advanced, powerful and stronger than india. mate.
China was too large.

Those areas which could be milked to add the fortunes were under British occupation.

I concede that the British were Machiavellian and clever.

Knew which side of the bread was buttered and how much they could chew.

Ajesh

Sure,from one of Richest Countries in the World to being a Developing Country, In Just 300 years Flat. Thanks But no thanks...GTFO

There wasn't as much theft as you would like to try and paint. You're confusing Empires as it was the Spanish who were into the "loot and pillage" end of the market which is why their colonial power fell on it's face so rapidly. The whole reason behind the British Empire was to start trading links. This then developed into building infrastructure and thus creating more wealth for business export and for those who worked and lived around it, native or otherwise. If Britain had just helped itself and moved on (much like the majority of other European imperial powers) then you would see far more of the disastrous effects today. As it is some of Britains previous colonies are some of the most successful countries in the world - India is an up and coming economic giant, there's Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and a little country that's done quite well for itself called the United States of America. British Empire built so many infrastructures, including roads, bridges, railways, and buildings in it's colonies. Empire opened the doors of modernity to India All that is best about India - its tolerance, freedom and engagement with the world has flourished due to the structures and ideas it inherited from British rule. , Indians have built upon much of what Britain introduced them to - the English language, parliamentary democracy, the rule of law and the protection of individual rights - is an admission of the crucial role this country played in their history. May be you can speed up the process by giving all those back yourself? :thumb:

Designed by the prominent British architect Herbert Baker.

thethinker

Country flag
There wasn't as much theft as you would like to try and paint. You're confusing Empires as it was the Spanish who were into the "loot and pillage" end of the market which is why their colonial power fell on it's face so rapidly. The whole reason behind the British Empire was to start trading links. This then developed into building infrastructure and thus creating more wealth for business export and for those who worked and lived around it, native or otherwise. If Britain had just helped itself and moved on (much like the majority of other European imperial powers) then you would see far more of the disastrous effects today. As it is some of Britains previous colonies are some of the most successful countries in the world - India is an up and coming economic giant, there's Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and a little country that's done quite well for itself called the United States of America. British Empire built so many infrastructures, including roads, bridges, railways, and buildings in it's colonies. Empire opened the doors of modernity to India All that is best about India - its tolerance, freedom and engagement with the world has flourished due to the structures and ideas it inherited from British rule. , Indians have built upon much of what Britain introduced them to - the English language, parliamentary democracy, the rule of law and the protection of individual rights - is an admission of the crucial role this country played in their history. May be you can speed up the process by giving all those back yourself? :thumb:

Designed by the prominent British architect Herbert Baker.
The buildings were for Britain's own selfish and commercial purposes and not really due to benevolence. Also, there was a lot of theft by British. Pure evil too :

How British Rule Ruined the Life of of Artisans and Craftsman in India?

Till the middle of eighteenth century Indian handicraft products were greatly demanded in the markets all over the world. Specifically European markets needed constant supply of Indian handicraft-products. The European traders and trading organizations made huge profits by selling Indian products. Indian textile products had no equals and those products were the symbol of craftsmanship and artistry. Indian cotton textiles became a house hold name in England.

But the Industrial Revolution in England and the economic policy of the East India Company jointly closed the markets for Indian handicrafts. In England machines went for large scale productions and those machine products were cheap and colorful. Not only markets but also the British Government as well as manufacturers encouraged the supply of their machine products to European markets.

As a result, the British machine-products entered into unfair competition with Indian products. Handicrafts of India could not sustain the pressure of the competition with cheaper machine goods. Thus, those were driven out of European markets. Further, the British trade policy proved extremely fatal for Indian handicrafts. In 1813, trade monopoly was abolished and one way free trade policy was imposed on India. By this policy the British machine products were imported to India freely and the export of Indian goods to England was discouraged by imposition of heavy duties on those products.

The Industrial Revolution closed foreign markets for Indian goods and British trade policy closed domestic market for Indian products. Once the markets were closed demand for Indian products declined suddenly and production stopped. It resulted in making the artisans and craftsman jobless and handicraft industries were closed down.

Introduction of railways opened a new era for the transport system in India. But the railways served the political and economic interest of the British to a larger extent. Through railways the machine products of Britain found it much easier to enter into the rural India.

In other words, the machine products of England replaced the Indian handcrafts in the village market. As a result the artisans and the craftsman who adopted caste-based occupation were compelled to give upon the same. This ruined the rural artisan industries and the artisans lost their occupations.

Added to this, modernization of India increased fascination for the machine-products which were cheaper, colorful and attractive.

There developed a craze for the goods, 'Made in England' and use of those goods was considered status symbol and sign of modernity. As the demand for Indian handicraft products declined within India, production failed suddenly leading to forcible closure of the rural artisan industries.

From the very day, the British won the Battle of Plessey, the Company and its servant's exploited the craftsmen of Bengal. The British pursued the policy of coercion of terrorist them. The artisans were forced to sell their products below the market price.

The price was determined by the Company and it was not profitable for the craftsmen. The services and the labour of the craftsmen were hired at very low wages. It was impossible for the craftsmen to adopt their traditional profession.

So they were force to abandon those crafts. The worst affected were the weavers of Bengal and textile industry of Bengal was virtually closed. It was said that the thumbs of the weavers were cut off. Actually it meant that thousands of weavers were made jobless due to closure of weaving industry.

As the British Empire expanded rapidly the political set-upon in India changed accordingly.

The Indian rulers lost their states; their courts and courtiers disappeared. The rulers and their courts were the major customers of the handicraft products. Moreover, urban handicrafts could not find the patrons like those rulers to encourage craftsmanship. Very often the artisans pursued the crafts according to the requirements and taste of the rulers. Under the changed situation, they were left in wilderness.

On the other hand, the British Government and its officials used the products made in England and formed the trade policy favorable for easy import of those goods to India. For example the British exported raw materials, like cotton, indigo for the textile industries in Lancashire. As a result, the prices of the raw materials soared high and cost of the handicrafts increased. Therefore, handicrafts products of high cost lost the ground in the Indian market to the cheaper products from Britain.

Under the patronage of Indian rulers, handicrafts flourished at different centers. Around those center developed towns and cities; each of the got associated with excellence of craft. Dacca, Murshidabad, Surat, Agra etc. were few among those flourishing craft centers.

This towns and cities also gained political importance. Repeated wars of conquest of the British had devastating effects on those towns and cities. The conquerors plundered those centers time and again. The artisans deserted those centers for safety and once flourishing crafts were abandoned.

Added to this, there was no attempt for growth of modern industry to take the place of the cottage Industries. As a result, the handicraftsman and artisans had no scope to find suitable employment according to their skill. Rather, they were compelled to switch over to agriculture for employment. Even the peasants who earlier adopted different crafts as secondary occupation to supplement their income, found it impossible to continue with those crafts.

For example, the peasants were part-time weavers earning extra income. As they found the cost of cotton very high, they preferred to be consumers of Lancashire cloth and abandoned weaving cloths for their families. In both the cases over-crowding of agriculture made the peasants and artisans either agricultural laborers or jobless.

Ultimately the people were left amidst extreme poverty. Major cottage industries like textile, leather, oil, pottery, etc. were ruined and no alternative source of production was setup in India. Thus, India had to depend on the British manufacturers. Exporter India was converted into importer India. Self-sufficient village economic gave way to colonial economy and India was transformed into an agricultural colony to produce and supply raw materials.

First world plunderers who preach morality and democracy! Equivalent to prostitutes delivering sermons on how to stay chaste!

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Successful?

In what way?

You think Malaysia is successful? Think again. You are a strife ridden country. Religious intolerance is rising, but you can to nothing since the Chinese overwhelm your economy!
You're being mean. You see all countries have internal problems due to various reasons, from political ideologies, ethnic tensions, religious issues, demographics, etc., and MAlaysia is no exception. But calling us "strife ridden" is a little too sensational for our condition. I mean look at your country!

Anyway, just so you know, based on the 2013 Global Peace Index, Malaysia is number 33. We're even higher than UK, France and the US. Not bad huh? And what about India? Well Indian is No. 144... But don't worry for Russia is even further down than India, it is at a greatly unenviable place of No. 152! So on this score India is more "successful" than Russia.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You're being mean. You see all countries have internal problems due to various reasons, from political ideologies, ethnic tensions, religious issues, demographics, etc., and MAlaysia is no exception. But calling us "strife ridden" is a little too sensational for our condition. I mean look at your country!

Anyway, just so you know, based on the 2013 Global Peace Index, Malaysia is number 33. We're even higher than UK, France and the US. Not bad huh? And what about India? Well Indian is No. 144... But don't worry for Russia is even further down than India, it is at a greatly unenviable place of No. 152! So on this score India is more "successful" than Russia.
I assure you that I am not a 'mean' person.

I might appear difficult, but then I am not a person who is addicted to 'Blind Faith' or be a person who 'goes where the wind blows'. I am pragmatic and like to see issues independently and without coloured glasses or agenda driven prodding.

Indeed, all countries have problems. Why, even families have problems. Nothing extraordinary, if you ask me.

I have my experienced Malaysia. In fact, two of my relatives are Malaysian, having been born there. One has a Muslim wife and now, is a hardcore Muslim, while the other has a Chinese wife, whose son has married a Muslim. So, you will appreciate, I have a better than average personal affinity to Malaysia and its issues.

Superficially Malaysia is a calm, well disciplined and organised country. Scratch the surface and you can observe the simmering discontent amongst the various races that constitute Malaysia, apart from the religious strife.

I really am not impressed with all these Global Ratings and statistics. It is all dependent on the inputs that are looked for and fed. There are many issues which cannot be quantified.

Statistics is like - is the glass half full or half empty?

It can be either half full or half empty, depending upon the agenda you are promoting.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
it is quite odd to criticise and constantly bash the country which you "chose" to immigrate and live. if i strongly dislike china, and bash their people, policy, government, living standard and wealth etc. then i would not "choose" to live there at the first place, because i regard this country inferior to other countries i admire.
Honey, just think it like once some white assed turds chose to come to India to loot and go back, or stay and enjoy the privileges of having that white ass. Now it is the reverse happening. Why are you jealous? Don't be! If you try hard enough may be you would be able to stop smoking pot and chugging beer (unlikely!) and get your acts together so that you can get a real education somehow, like those fellas you are so jealous of, huh?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I assure you that I am not a 'mean' person.

I might appear difficult, but then I am not a person who is addicted to 'Blind Faith' or be a person who 'goes where the wind blows'. I am pragmatic and like to see issues independently and without coloured glasses or agenda driven prodding.

Indeed, all countries have problems. Why, even families have problems. Nothing extraordinary, if you ask me.

I have my experienced Malaysia. In fact, two of my relatives are Malaysian, having been born there. One has a Muslim wife and now, is a hardcore Muslim, while the other has a Chinese wife, whose son has married a Muslim. So, you will appreciate, I have a better than average personal affinity to Malaysia and its issues.

Superficially Malaysia is a calm, well disciplined and organised country. Scratch the surface and you can observe the simmering discontent amongst the various races that constitute Malaysia, apart from the religious strife.

I really am not impressed with all these Global Ratings and statistics. It is all dependent on the inputs that are looked for and fed. There are many issues which cannot be quantified.

Statistics is like - is the glass half full or half empty?

It can be either half full or half empty, depending upon the agenda you are promoting.
Statistics are not perfect but I wouldn't dismiss them as useless tools. Of course parties unfavorably viewed in surveys will always see it as half empty.

Anyway, I assure you that whatever simmering discontent we have at home is no different or even less so than the internal tensions you have in India. After all we have the second highest per capita GDP (average wealth) in SEA after Singapore at 11,513 USD, which is really okay considering that India's GDP per capita is only at 1,516 USD despite being considered as the 10th biggest economy in the World.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Statistics are not perfect but I wouldn't dismiss them as useless tools. Of course parties unfavorably viewed in surveys will always see it as half empty.

Anyway, I assure you that whatever simmering discontent we have at home is no different or even less so than the internal tensions you have in India. After all we have the second highest per capita GDP (average wealth) in SEA after Singapore at 11,513 USD, which is really okay considering that India's GDP per capita is only at 1,516 USD despite being considered as the 10th biggest economy in the World.
You chaps make a mistake in relating everything negative aspect of your country and society with India.

Do forgive me, but when have I said India is an ideal country.

Check the threads, they all showcase the fault lines of India.

But when you all project your country and society as icons of milk and honey and Shangrilas, then comes the time to inform that such a thought is delusional.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You chaps make a mistake in relating everything negative aspect of your country and society with India.

Do forgive me, but when have I said India is an ideal country.

Check the threads, they all showcase the fault lines of India.

But when you all project your country and society as icons of milk and honey and Shangrilas, then comes the time to inform that such a thought is delusional.
Did I say that we are a country of milk and honey? I said we are "successful" due in part to foundations established by British rule. Then all of a sudden you lunched into a tirade against Malaysia as "strife ridden." You have to excuse me but I will not take it sitting down. I let statistics do the talking for me about our relative internal peace, security and social harmony, instead of me claiming it without basis. Yes we are not perfect nonetheless we are still ranked No. 33. Anyway, if you don't see your own country as generally "successful" then that's your problem.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Did I say that we are a country of milk and honey? I said we are "successful" due in part to foundations established by British rule. Then all of a sudden you lunched into a tirade against Malaysia as "strife ridden." You have to excuse me but I will not take it sitting down. I let statistics do the talking for me about our relative internal peace, security and social harmony, instead of me claiming it without basis. Yes we are not perfect nonetheless we are still ranked No. 33. Anyway, if you don't see your own country as generally "successful" then that's your problem.
If there is strife then what is so successful about a country?

I have not understood what you mean by - you lunched into a tirade against Malaysia .

Anyway, if you don't see your own country as generally "successful" then that's your problem
You are right, I don't.

I am a realist and pragmatist. I am not a jingoist!

Statistics is bogus. It can be manipulated and it can be tweaked to suit the agenda.

Malaysia is country with internal peace, security and social harmony?

Since when?

Anwar himself has stated that Racial tensions in Malaysia is hitting dangerous peak.

Remember the national tragedy of May 13, 1969 and the race riots? The Sino-Malay sectarian violence in Kuala Lumpur that claimed 600 odd lives but the statistics was played down? It not only killed people but cause an administrative meltdown wherein it led to a declaration of a state of national emergency or Darurat and a caretaker Govt had ot be put in place.

That is what you call internal peace and social harmony?

And should we conveniently forget the demolition of a Hindu temple on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur?

And the Chinese and Indian origin Malay are enamoured with the wonderfully just Bhumiputra claptrap, right? A great success for social, racial, ethnic harmony leading to immense security and internal peace, right?

You can tell others who have no experience of Malaysia your bedtime stories. However, as I have said, beyond the superficial harmony, there is a simmering racial and ethnic cauldron.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If there is strife then what is so successful about a country?
So the US is not successful because it has a multitude of social tensions or strife? How about our neighbor Singapore, it is not also successful because it has obviously simmering social tensions that occasionally comes out into the open. France also has its fair share of social strife. How about China, it has explosive social problems, this one you can call as "strife ridden," so it is not successful to you?

Please clarify.

I have not understood what you mean by - you lunched into a tirade against Malaysia .
Well you started bad mouthing Malaysia with terms like "strife ridden" and "overwhelmed by Chinese." I think you are pissed that I said some praises to the British and actually associated our success partly to its colonial legacy. But regarding your claim that we are owned by Chinese, if what you are referring to is "ethnic Chinese" Malaysians then should not fret too much about it for they are Malaysians and consider themselves as Malaysians. But if what you are referring to is Mainland China dominating our economy then you have no basis. We have a positive balance of trade with them, in fact we have an overall positive balance of trade with the World (I think the US is negative).

You are right, I don't.

I am a realist and pragmatist. I am not a jingoist!
If you notice I'm not really a nationalist. I am acutely aware of the problems at home and openly admits it. We are dealing with it. But I have to call out anybody if I feel that he is mischaracterising or blowing out of proportion our problems. And I believe this is what you tried to do by referring to us as "strife ridden."

Statistics is bogus. It can be manipulated and it can be tweaked to suit the agenda.
So whose agenda do you think this Global Peace Index is working for? Remember that it is set up by an Australian in conjunction with a UK based think tank, US based NGOs, former US President and other foreign dignitaries. Yet Australia is only #15 on the list, UK is only #47 while the US is an embarrassing #101!

Malaysia is country with internal peace, security and social harmony?

Since when?
For a long time now actually. You should ask your cousins why they prefer to slug it out in Malaysia when we are strife ridden... :rolleyes:

Anwar himself has stated that Racial tensions in Malaysia is hitting dangerous peak.
No need to quote Anwar. I am telling you we have social tensions in Malaysia. But hey which country do not have?

Remember the national tragedy of May 13, 1969 and the race riots? The Sino-Malay sectarian violence in Kuala Lumpur that claimed 600 odd lives but the statistics was played down? It not only killed people but cause an administrative meltdown wherein it led to a declaration of a state of national emergency or Darurat and a caretaker Govt had ot be put in place.

That is what you call internal peace and social harmony?
You must really be old? 1963 is a long time ago and we have improved and changed a lot since then.

And should we conveniently forget the demolition of a Hindu temple on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur?
Are you referring to Sri Muneswarar Kaliyaman demolition? It was upon the order of the Court to give way for real state development of Hap Seng Land (established by Tan Sri Lau Gek Poh, Malaysian Chinese). In case they told you only part of the story, a Hindu priest inspected the area before it was demolished has declared it to be only a shrine. That place also sit on a rad and walkway reserve. Hap Send Land I understand gave a lot in Sepang where they can build a temple.

And the Chinese and Indian origin Malay are enamoured with the wonderfully just Bhumiputra claptrap, right? A great success for social, racial, ethnic harmony leading to immense security and internal peace, right?
As I said earlier, you are feed an incomplete picture. The reality in Malaysia is far more complex than that.

Also as I asked, why do you think your cousins are not rearing to migrate to India if Malaysia is proving to be too hard on them?

You can tell others who have no experience of Malaysia your bedtime stories. However, as I have said, beyond the superficial harmony, there is a simmering racial and ethnic cauldron.
I suggest you read more about Malaysia, it's Truly Asia. :thumb:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So the US is not successful because it has a multitude of social tensions or strife? How about our neighbor Singapore, it is not also successful because it has obviously simmering social tensions that occasionally comes out into the open. France also has its fair share of social strife. How about China, it has explosive social problems, this one you can call as "strife ridden," so it is not successful to you?

Please clarify.
US was successful, but the social tensions are slowly swamping. See the division in the Senate over Obamacare. And who benefits from Obamacare? Guess!

Singapore has it social tensions too. Heard of the problems in Little India?

Success they have. Why? Because they split from Malaysia because of the dominance of the Bhumiputra, who contributed little, but lived off the Chinese entrepreneurial wizardry that kept Malaysia going. Social inequality leading to social tension.

They are successful because they believe in a guided and controlled so called democracy bordering to the draconian that forces the country in one direction. China also is a success because of a more stringent form of control, where even slight dissent is not tolerated.

Success with total or partial muzzling is ideal to ensure fiscal empowerment and progress, but in Human Values, it can hardly be called success.

Happiness again is an intangible input that cannot be quantified and the attempts to do so, is but a manipulation of inputs to suit the agenda/

Well you started bad mouthing Malaysia with terms like "strife ridden" and "overwhelmed by Chinese." I think you are pissed that I said some praises to the British and actually associated our success partly to its colonial legacy. But regarding your claim that we are owned by Chinese, if what you are referring to is "ethnic Chinese" Malaysians then should not fret too much about it for they are Malaysians and consider themselves as Malaysians. But if what you are referring to is Mainland China dominating our economy then you have no basis. We have a positive balance of trade with them, in fact we have an overall positive balance of trade with the World (I think the US is negative).
Realism and having the courage to face reality is not 'bad mouthing'. The insecure and the one who wish to hide the truth would label it as 'bad mouthing'.

No, I am not, as you so quaintly call as 'pissed' at your praise of the British. In fact, I have been categorised by many as an Anglophile. You must read the posts of mine before you embark riding your favourite hobby horse.

Of sure the Chinese Malays are head over heels with the Bhumiputras. Go tell that to the Marines.

In 2005, Malaysian Chinese owned 69.4% of the business complexes, 71.9% of all commercial and industrial real estate, as well as 69.3% of all the hotels in Malaysia, reflecting Chinese control over the various business and commercial establishments around the nation. This inspite of the sops to the Muslim Malays under the Bhoomiputra inequality.

When I talk of Malaysia and Chinese and communal strife, it is obvious I don't allude to Mainland China. Is that not so obvious?

The perception of a zero-sum game amongst the races has fuelled protests by frustrated sections of the hitherto quiescent community – who consequently faced a heavy-handed response from the authorities.

Of course, the Chinese love the Malays and that is why the Chinese in Malaysia maintain a distinct communal identity and rarely intermarry with Muslim Malays for religious and cultural reasons.

If you notice I'm not really a nationalist. I am acutely aware of the problems at home and openly admits it. We are dealing with it. But I have to call out anybody if I feel that he is mischaracterising or blowing out of proportion our problems. And I believe this is what you tried to do by referring to us as "strife ridden."
Ah of course you are not a nationalist. You are but a jingoist.

Truth and reality is not issues that are taken to be 'blown out of proportion. In fact, they are the bottom line.

I have already indicated the fault-lines of Malaysia and what more do you want to be exposed to indicate that you are also 'strife ridden'?

So whose agenda do you think this Global Peace Index is working for? Remember that it is set up by an Australian in conjunction with a UK based think tank, US based NGOs, former US President and other foreign dignitaries. Yet Australia is only #15 on the list, UK is only #47 while the US is an embarrassing #101!
You guess.

The self appointed US is the one who takes upon itself as the depository of World Statistics to include their surrogate WB and IMF. The fudged statistics and then what happened to the Asian powerhouses? Remember that? But how would you remember when you are sold to the US?

Nonetheless let me educate you.

The Asian Crisis: The High Debt Model versus the Wall Street - Treasury - IMF Complex

What began as a debt crisis has become a fully fledged development crisis. Throughout this most successful of developing regions living standards are falling as unemployment rises and the effects of huge devaluations work through into higher import prices. Many millions of poor people are at risk, and many millions of people who were confident of middle-class status feel robbed of their lifetime savings and security. It is not a humanitarian tragedy on the scale of North Korea, but the loss of security and productivity is a tragedy nonetheless, almost as cruel as war.

http://content.csbs.utah.edu/~mli/Economies 5430-6430/Wade-The Asian Crisis.pdf
All the rosy dream that were sold to the East Asian countries to include Malaysia were based on 'solid' statistics manufactured in the US.

Here is more

THE ECONOMIC CRISIS IN EAST ASIA: CAUSES, EFFECTS, LESSONS

One thing though is certain: the earlier optimistic expectation that it would last only some months has proved wrong. Instead the financial crisis has been transformed into a full-blown recession or depression, with forecasts of GNP growth and unemployment becoming more gloomy for affected countries.
Moreover the threat of depreciation has spread from a few countries to many in the region, and is spreading to other areas such as Russia, South Africa, and possibly Eastern Europe and South America.
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPOVERTY/Resources/WDR/malaysia/khor.pdf
So, before statistics becomes the stars in your eyes, my advice to you is

Have you read the Human Rights document that the US trots out annually. Full of statistics to show all others have faulted and the US is pristinely pure. And yet, the reality is that they are the worst offenders and that too in a grand scale. Iraq, Afghanistan, East Europe and now Ukraine and don;tr forget how lovingly they treated the Guantanmo inmates who were not even allowed a trail!

a long time now actually. You should ask your cousins why they prefer to slug it out in Malaysia when we are strife ridden... :rolleyes:
They are not my cousins. Their father is my status.

One family is Muslim, so who are to slug out with? Themselves? They are Bhumiputras and the Chinese side of the other are billionaires. Who will touch them? They will buy all off as the Chinese do.

No need to quote Anwar. I am telling you we have social tensions in Malaysia. But hey which country do not have?
Why not quote Anwar. It is just to tell you that you cannot obfuscate and fool the forum members with your rose coloured description of Malaysia.

You must really be old? 1963 is a long time ago and we have improved and changed a lot since then.
is there any age bar to enter Malaysia? Or only blind foreigners are allowed in.

If one is educated and aware of history, the present, then is that a crime for those who do not know their own history and events and are braiwashed and wafting on gossamer wings of fantasy?

I visit Malaysia and Singapore and oh yes, things have changed.

The DAP contested a general election for the first time in 1969. In line with their commitment to equality, the DAP originally campaigned against Bumiputra privileges, such as those afforded to them by Article 153 of the Constitution. They also continued Lee Kuan Yew's campaign for a Malaysian Malaysia, the idea of which was originally conveyed by Lee in Parliament: "Malaysia – to whom does it belong? To Malaysians. But who are Malaysians? I hope I am, Mr Speaker, Sir. But sometimes, sitting in this chamber, I doubt whether I am allowed to be a Malaysian."

That apart, there is no indication of strife in this sentence?
Lee in Parliament: "Malaysia – to whom does it belong? To Malaysians. But who are Malaysians? I hope I am, Mr Speaker, Sir. But sometimes, sitting in this chamber, I doubt whether I am allowed to be a Malaysian."
Are you referring to Sri Muneswarar Kaliyaman demolition? It was upon the order of the Court to give way for real state development of Hap Seng Land (established by Tan Sri Lau Gek Poh, Malaysian Chinese). In case they told you only part of the story, a Hindu priest inspected the area before it was demolished has declared it to be only a shrine. That place also sit on a rad and walkway reserve. Hap Send Land I understand gave a lot in Sepang where they can build a temple.
This aspect of your post shows how little integration is there in Malaysia and hence, strife chemistry abounds.

A temple is no big deal. It is the historical religiosity that is important to Hindus beyond being a place to pray.

Can one demolish Kedarnath and Badrinath in India and say OK, I will give you land in Timbuctoo and go build the temples there.

Daft is your thought.

As I said earlier, you are feed an incomplete picture. The reality in Malaysia is far more complex than that.
Also as I asked, why do you think your cousins are not rearing to migrate to India if Malaysia is proving to be too hard on them?
Incomplete picture? Spoken by an Incomplete person with incomplete knowledge?

Why should I tell my relatives. They were there probably even before your family established itself in Malaysia. They were entrepreneurs, doctors and professor and not riff raff Bhumiputras requiing Government to put them on their feet, which they still haven't been able to do!

Malaysia is not the sole forest reserve of the local Urang Utans. ;)

I suggest you read more about Malaysia, it's Truly Asia. :thumb:
why should I have to read, when I see it regularly?

In fact, you should read since you do not know Malaysia beyond what is forced into your mind that you placidly regurgitate like what one would find in contented bovine.

Last edited by a moderator:

happy

Mon Aug 4, 2014
Russia to hold war games in show of strength near Ukraine | Reuters

putin better focus on his country's economy, which is currently growing at 0% rate.

let alone the living standard, human development index and corruption rate there.
I think, you should better concentrate on these....below

UK stocks dropped on Wednesday morning as heightened geopolitical tensions hit risk appetite amid reports that Russia has amassed more troops along the border of eastern Ukraine.

A surprise drop in German factory orders was also dampening sentiment on the markets early on, raising investors' concerns about the strength of the largest economy in the Eurozone. Orders fell 3.2% in June – their most since September 2011 – after a revised 1.6% slump in May.
Ifa Magazine London open: UK stocks drop as Ukraine crisis intensifies » Ifa Magazine

happy

Good catch @Razor. @HMS Astute, do you read the articles you post? Even that Bloomberg article about Mistral that you had posted, and the comment you had made, gave me the impression you had not read the link you were presenting.
Ha ha ha...looks like somebody is mighty pissed off...:)

Today, the "Mistral" is also known globally as the French amphibious assault warship, two of which were commissioned for 1.2 billion euros by Russia in 2011 during the presidency of Nicolas Sarkozy. These sophisticated vessels, among other things, serve as helicopter carriers that, if delivered, will provide Vladimir Putin's Russia with a formidable new military capacity.

Since Putin's annexation of Crimea and his obstruction in Eastern Ukraine, France has still moved ahead to satisfy its contract with Russia. Several hundred Russian engineers and naval personnel are now in Saint-Nazaire, France, receiving lessons on how to use the ship, ironically christened "Sebastopol," a Crimean seaport. Final delivery is scheduled for later this autumn. A second warship, the "Vladivostok," is still being built for 2016 delivery.

The French economy -- with unemployment above 10 percent and weak economic growth -- surely needs the revenue from these military sales. At the same time, French president Hollande has shown a willingness to take courageous and principled foreign-policy stands on Mali and Syria. He should take a similar strong position now and cancel the sales to Russia.
Surely there must be a way to sell or lease these boats to NATO or to another country. Let the Russians file a lawsuit. If an underlying concern is a cutoff of Russian natural gas during a cold European winter, then so be it. There are at least four months before the chill sets in -- enough time to find other oil and natural gas suppliers. Moreover, with sanctions increasing against the Russian economy, declining oil and natural gas sales will only add to the pressure on Putin's regime.

France should not stand alone in a commercial confrontation with Russia. Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States, among other nations, should ratchet up their sanctions, cancel important contracts with Russia, and provide direct financial assistance to the Ukranian government.
On Hollande and the Ukraine Crisis | Charles Kolb

happy

US stocks hit by Fed fears and unease over Ukraine.

U.S. stocks declined sharply Tuesday, more than wiping out the prior day's gains, with traders citing uncertainty about the tension between Russia and Ukraine and concerns that the strengthening economy will lead to higher interest rates.

Stocks sold off rapidly, with the Dow dropping as much as 199 points, following media reports on comments by Polish officials on the crisis.

"The report today that Russian troops were lining on the borders of Ukraine preparing for an invasion -- whether accurate or not, I don't know, but it was not helpful," said Mark Luschini, chief investment strategist at Janney Montgomery Scott.

"Selling begets selling when certain technical levels are breached," said Luschini, who listed the S&P 500 breaking below Monday's intraday low of 1,921.20 as among the drivers of the accelerated losses.

The CBOE volatility Index, a measure of investor uncertainty, spiked almost 12 percent to 16.87.
After a 199-point fall, the Dow Jones Industrial Average shed 139.81 points, or 0.8 percent, to 16,429.47, with Intel leading blue-chip losses that included 27 of 30 components.

The S&P 500 lost 18.78 points, or 1 percent, to 1,920.21, with energy the worst performing and all 10 main sectors in the red.

The Nasdaq dropped 31.05 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,352.84.

For every share rising, more than two fell on the New York Stock Exchange, where nearly 703 million shares exchanged hands. Composite volume neared 3.5 billion.

On the New York Mercantile Exchange, crude futures shed 91 cents to $97.38 a barrel, a six-month low; gold futures finished the floor session by settling down $3.70 at $1,284 an ounce, then turned higher in electronic trade.

If the stocks crashed just at the rumour of war between some far off country, then a direct conflict would render all the brokers beggars.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Ray

I will not needlessly prolong my reply for your case is very simple: you have very little knowledge of Malaysia and whatever miniscule knowledge you have about us is derived from polluted sources.

Your view on our country is excruciatingly contradictory. On one hand you claim that Malaysia is "Strife ridden" because of the dominance of the ethnic Malays, yet you claim that Malaysian business is dominated by the ethnic Chinese. If the ethnic Chinese are so discriminated against then why are they able to dominate our economy? You see if your line of thought is to be followed then it would appear that ethnic Chinese, being non-Malays, will practically have no rights in our country. But how come they're so well off and dominant? Or more importantly, how come they continue to invest and thrive in Malaysia?

I know your particular concern are ethnic Indians. I can only assume based on your statements against Malaysia that in India all you read about Malaysia are alleged atrocities against ethnic Indians in Malaysia. You are fed with biased coverage by your mainly Hindu media. You see if the ethnic Chinese can dominate Malaysian economy then why can't ethnic Indians do the same? But ethnic Indians are well represented in the list of important people in Malaysia. Do you know Datuk Sekhar? Personally, my business hero in Malaysia is not ethnic Chinese and not ethnic Malay, he is ethnic Indian. This is him:

He's a self made man. And crucially he did not wallow in historical baggage. He is professional, visionary, pro-active, not weighed down by ethnic based misgivings, inferiority complex and infinitely optimistic. He is actually the reason why MAS is on a precarious position before the tragic 2 incidents in the past 5 mos. And he makes me feel prouder to be a Malaysian.

He also caused Mr. Branson of Virgin to dress like a stewardess...

Now that was funny!

HMS Astute

seems like many indian chaps on this forum are suffering from a massive inferiority complex lol.

HMS Astute

You seem very determined to blame the west/nato/us/uk for something but are having trouble finding the something so you are making up scenarios. london is the world's biggest financial centre that makes businesses with the rest of the world and trades more euros than the entire eurozone countries combined together. the stock market has never been stable and that's it's natural and that's what it's supposed to do. tons of billions was wiped off during the financial crisis and it is now back in the game again as a world leader in finance. even a politician or a ceo of an individual company is capable of making an impact on stock exchange. let alone the political instability on global scale. thanks very much for your concerned, but it would have been better if you did spend your time on something more relevant to your life and meaningful...perhaps you'd come up with a worthwhile solution for 1.2bn people! India Ranks 135 in Human Development Index: Report - NDTV

Last edited:

pmaitra

seems like many indian chaps on this forum are suffering from a massive inferiority complex lol.
Pardon the corrigendum:

Indians are simply calling out a know-all who knows not how to use the 'Shift-key'; ends every sentence, not with a period, but an 'LOL'; and pretends to be from a 'wealthy' G7 nation where thousands sleep under the blue sky in the snowy winters. Indians are simply cutting this individual with a massive superiority complex down to his right place.

HMS Astute

Pardon the corrigendum:

Indians are simply calling out a know-all who knows not how to use the 'Shift-key'; ends every sentence, not with a period, but an 'LOL'; and pretends to be from a 'wealthy' G7 nation where thousands sleep under the blue sky in the snowy winters. Indians are simply cutting this individual with a massive superiority complex down to his right place.
i see. that's why you fled india and now live in north carolina for a better life? things much have been tough back then.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles