What North Korea did to South

SHASH2K2

If these pictures are to be believed then S korea lost much more than N korea in this exchange of fire. Too bad.May be because N korea has nothing to loose.

kickok1975

It's a shame Chinese government continue support this evil regime

kickok1975

If these pictures are to be believed then S korea lost much more than N korea in this exchange of fire. Too bad.May be because N korea has nothing to loose.
That's very true! North Korea is blackmailing the world right now

SHASH2K2

That's very true! North Korea is blackmailing the world right now
This could also be a ploy to prove to N koreans that successor is a strong leader and capable of ruling them.Its just an eyewash for N korean people.

kickok1975

It also proved how foolish and stubbron Chinese current leaders are when dealing with North Korea

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
I don't like N.korea.either..in fact, I don't like any forieng countries with nukes.

redragon

Country flag
I don't like N.korea.either..in fact, I don't like any forieng countries with nukes.
Well, I don't agree with the way you present China to other members most of the time, but I have to say this time what you said is closer to Chinese interests than what kickok said

SHASH2K2

What an hypocrite.Biggest prolifirator of nukes talking about no one else should have nukes. You dont want others with nukes so that you can threaten everybody .

kickok1975

This has proved you need to have more training from real life.
Dear Redragon, maybe you could teach me what's in Chinese (actually should be Chinese government) best interest to approach Korea. But here are what I think the pros and cons of China's support to North Korea.

Pros:
"¢ Keep USA busy and distract, reduce its pressure to China in other areas
"¢ Gain a barging power in geopolitical negotiation
"¢ Keep US army away from Chinese border
"¢ Keep Korean divided because an united democratic Korea will transfer freedom ideology to China and may cause separatism in ethic Korean living in China
"¢ Compare to North Korea, Chinese government might be considered as a "better". Without this best scapegoat, Chinese government is exposed for criticism on top of the list

Cons:
"¢ North Korea's regime is arguable worst in the world. China's continuing supporting not only caused distrust among her neighbors which would take years to mend but also destroyed our Chinese people images.
"¢ North Korea's collapse is imminent. Any support to it is just making its death a little bit slower. China's continuing siding with it is worthless and will only isolate China.
"¢ North Korea never want to do what China told her to do and will turn the back to China whenever situation changed
"¢ North Korea is an important reason for US to maintain military bases in South Korea and Japan. It's likely US will still try to keep these bases even North Korea collapsed, but to South Korea and Japan it's a big relief. With more intensive interdependence in East Asia in the future, their people will again demand the withdrawal of American force. However, it's also depending on what perception South Korea and Japan government have on China. If they still think China is a threat due to lack of trust, then they may still want US to stay.

So, Redragon, what would you like to suggest? How should we react, continue supporting a failing regime that starved to death million of its own people or act responsibily? Maybe you can't answer either. Because our "ruling party" just barely washed their bloody hands not too long ago and still in a confusion status on what they could and should be.

Last edited:

amoy

North Korea is an important reason for US to maintain military bases in South Korea and Japan. It's likely US will still try to keep these bases even North Korea collapsed, but to South Korea and Japan it's a big relief. With more intensive interdependence in East Asia in the future, their people will again demand the withdrawal of American force. However, it's also depending on what perception South Korea and Japan government have on China. If they still think China is a threat due to lack of trust, then they may still want US to stay.
Honestly I think u are "too simple, sometimes naive'. Before Korean War there was US military presence in both Japan and S. Korea where the US' global interest extended.

Even up to date Russia and Japan haven't signed a peace treaty after WWII and Russia is holding S. Kuril islands which Japan also claims theirs

IMo it's not a matter of 'trust'. It's by 'instinct' that Japan or S.K would seek to be the US's protege or militarize themselves anyway with China and Russia around.

N. Korea regime is by no means an angel. But powers choose their 'friends' or allies not on basis of 'ideology' or any 'good-will' but of sheer 'interest'. the top democracy US has allies like Saudi Arabia... and former dictatorships like Noriega of Panama, Marcos of Philipines, and Rhee Syng-Man of S.Korea...

redragon

Country flag
kickok,
China will always be responsible to it's own interests not that of anybody else, and vise verse, if you can't figure that out, it's useless to teach you anything, you are too naive.
Since Ming Dynasty, win or lose, China has never missed any conflict in Korean pennisula, that itself is enough for you to study. You think it just because the "government"?

redragon

Country flag
the top democracy US has allies like Saudi Arabia... and former dictatorships like Noriega of Panama, Marcos of Philipines, and Rhee Syng-Man of S.Korea...
Don't miss Saddam of Iraq, former king of Iran and Taliban of Afghanistan on the list. USA also has a sick hobby: to trial, attack and kill/assasinate its x partners, which generated another list: Noriega, Saddam, the president of s. Vietnam, Taliban and on and on. Even our dear former leader Mr Chang, Kaishek was blamed and threatened.:happy_2:
I bet these can be selective forgotten when needed, I am more than happy to bring them up as part of lessons from real life/history

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
IMo it's not a matter of 'trust'. .
"Trust" is a bitch in international relationship, too much at stake, making "trust" cheaper than toilet paper, but everyone still needs it to cover dirty thing,:angry_1: IMO.

kickok1975

Honestly I think u are "too simple, sometimes naive'. Before Korean War there was US military presence in both Japan and S. Korea where the US' global interest extended.

Even up to date Russia and Japan haven't signed a peace treaty after WWII and Russia is holding S. Kuril islands which Japan also claims theirs

IMo it's not a matter of 'trust'. It's by 'instinct' that Japan or S.K would seek to be the US's protege or militarize themselves anyway with China and Russia around.

N. Korea regime is by no means an angel. But powers choose their 'friends' or allies not on basis of 'ideology' or any 'good-will' but of sheer 'interest'. the top democracy US has allies like Saudi Arabia... and former dictatorships like Noriega of Panama, Marcos of Philipines, and Rhee Syng-Man of S.Korea...
So you suggest we should continue supporting this so called "Ally", "Friend" North Korea till its final collapse. If so, good luck China, We are officially kidnapped! 1.3 billion People are hold hostage and will continue paying a decent price for dear leader Mr. Kim's family since 1950's.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Don't miss Saddam of Iraq, former king of Iran and Taliban of Afghanistan on the list. USA also has a sick hobby: to trial, attack and kill/assasinate its x partners, which generated another list: Noriega, Saddam, the president of s. Vietnam, Taliban and on and on. Even our dear former leader Mr Chang, Kaishek was blamed and threatened.:happy_2:
I bet these can be selective forgotten when needed, I am more than happy to bring them up as part of lessons from real life/history
except for Pakistan and N korea how many allies do you have ? USA has a mixture of good bad and ugly allies but all china have is Ugly .

Last edited:

amoy

except for Pakistan and N korea how many allies do you have
by whose criteria are those countries judged as bad or good? a rogue or angel?

if by Chinese standard N. Korea is a 'GOOD' ally.

Why? I'd like to defend our neighbor who has long been demonized -

1) economically N. Korea was once prosperous, far better than S. K.. but collapse of Eastern Bloc in 1980's wrote off its reserves in Rubbles and got rid of her vast foreign market. but even today NK's GDP is almost equivalent to Bangladesh while her population is only 20+M

2) N. K is rich in mineral resources which China needs. NK economy is complementary to China's

3) N.K. can offer China a gateway to Japan Sea which is just miles away from China's Northeast-most point.

4) NK is always strongly opposed to SK's military excercise on the disputed water on Yellow Sea. But SK insists on conducting it and shooting there. It was SK who fired first despite NK's warning. From China's point of view it's outrageous for SK to bring in the USN onto Yellow Sea which is close to China's heartland!

It's irrelevant to ideology etc. Even if China were a 'democracy', would have China been happy to see anybody showing muscle at her threshold in realpolitik??

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

OHimalaya I know a good canadian officer of Chinese origin ,Who says the Chinese prefer US bases in Korea and Japan because that is what preventing a war between korea and Japan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles