What military equipment would YOU like to see in the Indian Armed Forces

tharikiran

Country flag
I want to see Indian soldiers being equipped with night vision goggles. All strike corps and not just special forces or NSG's. This should have been done by now. Getting them of the shelf is not difficult either.I would always want the infantry to have a conventional edge in terms of equipment over PAK and China.

Martian

Respected Member
I think India should develop or buy an ASAT. If the other side can see your troop deployments with their satellites and yours have been shot down, they will have a significant advantage. It is necessary to even the playing field.

(As an aside, the Nag missile test on Youtube was pretty cool.)

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
given the chance i would try to equip at least two-thirds of India's infantry to the level and quality of equipment of the British F.I.ST program.

StealthSniper

I would like to see some large military hovercrafts in our fleet, as well as a couple of helicopter carrying multirole ships. Also I would like to see a more technologically advanced army with sophicated weapons and communications equipment.

StealthSniper

Oh I almost forgot, I also would like India to have some bombers and a long range sophisticated ICBM in it's arsenal.

AJSINGH

definetly Tu160 in IAF and KA 52 with IA , alos typhoon class neulear submarine with IN
and more tanks with IA

masterofsea

definetly Tu160 in IAF and KA 52 with IA , alos typhoon class neulear submarine with IN
and more tanks with IA
None of them is made in India.India should develop his own military industry other than depend on foreign source.Look at what Russian did to you on the carrier's price.Depend on others,Subject to others.

AJSINGH

None of them is made in India.India should develop his own military industry other than depend on foreign source.Look at what Russian did to you on the carrier's price.Depend on others,Subject to others.
dont talk about aircraft carrier ,it was a mistakeon bothe indian and russian sides ,if uwantto know more please visit the dedicated thread for aircraft carrier

we already manufacture tanks here , if we do not tak russian help it will atke us many more years to build effective weapons , plus china as our neighbour ,time is of the escense

proud_hindustani

Country flag
What I want -

Indian soldiers to be fully equipped with weapons US soldiers are equipped. Give them night vision goggles, high performance guns.

early induction of Agni V with ICMB / MIRV capability. Having Agni V would make our enemy consider many times before invading India.

Also a development of short range - medium range missile with MIRV capability

Timely Induction of FGFA and successful induction of Tejas

early Induction of nuclear-capable long range ballestic missile which can be launched by Submarines

Induction of Kaali 5000 / Kaali 10,000.

Our scientists' ability to expand the range of Brahmos missile.

successful test / induction of 12,000 km nuclear capable long range missiles

great amount of deadly MRCA jets

we would be dominating in south asia:india:

chathurang

Indian Soldiers need basic things first,indian army should start from bottom to top.It will be good if we provide complete body protection and rifles having good range and accuracy keeping cost in mind,rather than buying huge missle stalk piles which we are not going to use in near future and we already have enough of them to meet the needs for now.Better intellegence co-ordination ,armoured vehicles and better living conditions of our soldiers that should give a boost to their morale and belief in the country

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i would like the following

Army
Infantry
(standard Tactical Assault Rifle ) : License produced H&K 145
(Standard Tactical Pistol) IMI baby eagle
(Standard Light Machine Gun) FN Minimi
(Standard Heavy Machine gun)Machine Gun, 7.62 mm, M60
(Standard personal AT missile) Spike-ER
(Standard Sniper Rifle) AMP Technical Services DSR-1
Camo shirts : camo based on digital patterns
helmets:MKU PSGT helmets
Boots:Belleville 500 Waterproof USMC combat boot

Logan

Country flag
Don't know about the Navy and air force,,but surely the infantry needs a changeover
The INSAS rifles should be changed with much modern Tavor or F2000 or at least G-36, Sig sg551,,,,,surely a DRDO product can be considered if it is good enough..
More importantly new Kevlars that would actually stop a bullet and not those outdated ones which are in service
And also a carbine for each soldier that is currently non existent,,,,the MSMC looks good,,,although i don't know if the trials have been satisfactory

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
iaf should acquire tu-160 blackjacks which can alter the balance of power on the two sides of the lac to a certain level.

Welcome

Country flag
well ATV-I, II and III ASAP, then SL Agni-III and Agni IIIA to start with, new improve INSAS rifle (Kalantak) and body protection equitment for soilders, with digital communication and thermal imaging. Better equitment for fighting militancy and terrorists.

More of UAVs some helicopter type UAVs with weapons on board to take out terrorists.

Just to start with.............
As i know kalantak is not the improved version of INSAS. However kalantak type rifle is very use full for police service and it is also in the service of railway police But for army i said NO,never.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I would like to see some modern day snipers like barrett M107 inducted

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
Exoskeleton suits for covert operations

Advanced Cyber Army

Better equiped soldier ( F-Insas )

Plasma weapons

Anti-satellite missiles

UCAV's

Defence Shields

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I would like to see some competence at the MoD, the DRDO (especially there) and the three services ...Any technology is only as good as the people using them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles