What makes Israel with just eight million people, an innovation hub

SPIEZ

Country flag
Israel a tech start up hub. Some excerpts.

There are also around 300 multinational companies in the country which are a big part of the ecosystem. Many of them, including Apple, Google, Intel, Microsoft, General Motors, and GE, have set up research and development facilities to use the local talent and come up with breakthroughs.

"You have 20-year-old kids here; their education is not to follow instructions, but to lead and solve problems," said Yossi Matias, managing director of Google's Israel R&D centre and a top computer scientist. In June, Google bought Israeli mapping startup Waze for over $1 billion (about Rs6,200 crore).

For more details: What makes Israel with just eight million people, an innovation hub - The Economic Times

pmaitra

Re: What makes Israel with just eight million people, an innovation hu

"What makes Israel with just eight million people, an innovation hub?"

Simple answer: It's money.

Complicated answer: Israel's stranglehold on US financial system, with a significant number of Jewish people in influential positions, its stranglehold on the US media, again, with a significant number of Jewish people in influential positions, thereby, a stranglehold on the political opinion of Americans, consequently an easy access to US technology, and finally, the AIPAC lobby.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Complicated answer: Israel's stranglehold on US financial system, with a significant number of Jewish people in influential positions, its stranglehold on the US media, again, with a significant number of Jewish people in influential positions, thereby, a stranglehold on the political opinion of Americans, consequently an easy access to US technology, and finally, the AIPAC lobby.
I do agree with most of your post, however we can not deny that Israelis have been at the forefront of some o the most innovative technologies specially when it comes to farming. Money can not be the only factor here, since SA and UAE are probably richer with nothing to show for it.

SPIEZ

Country flag

Money here, isn't the only factor. There are so many countries world over where money isn't the answer.

Their start ups are also doing very well. Agriculture and Technology are some of the big scorers.

At one point of time Japan was considered the best. I guess now the winds are on the sail of Israel.

Blackwater

It's education , money and power follows automatically , also love and commitment for mother land

i have heard jews have 99% literacy rate.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Money here, isn't the only factor. There are so many countries world over where money isn't the answer.

Their start ups are also doing very well. Agriculture and Technology are some of the big scorers.

At one point of time Japan was considered the best. I guess now the winds are on the sail of Israel.
Yes, money isn't the only factor, and that's why there is a complicated answer to your question.

Technological innovation is there, and when in need, Israel can get technology from the US. This follows from Israel's stranglehold on the US political system, thanks to their lobbies financing some of the influential politicians in the US. It does boil down to money eventually.

It's education , money and power follows automatically , also love and commitment for mother land

i have heard jews have 99% literacy rate.
Yes, education is indeed a force multiplier, and yes, most Jews that I know of, are more loyal to Israel than even the country of their birth.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I don't know the Double standard

1. Israeli's filling max Company's recruitment

2. But the Tech are used by Israeli's is from USA

Money wouldn't create a Civilization better ..Look out the Kuwait's dinar does every Kuwaiti is Genius

Whenever I think just like Money Education Debate ..Just follow Dr. APJ's life ..Education along with talent Brings the man top

datguy79

You don't need a certain population mass in order to be technologically relevant. What you need is a few scientific-minded billionaires who invest in research intensive universities which pump out top-of-the-line graduates.

I live in the region known as Canada's tech hub. Population 300k.

Waffen SS

It is only because Israel has a good education system, population does not matter very much. Our beloved brother Pakistan has over 15 Crore population but very few are educated, Quality beats Quantity, Israel's population is small but they are well trained, well educated,

Handful of educated people are better than uneducated mass. Having only population does not matter, we need to convert it to resources so that we can utilize, more resources we have more advantage and to make people into resource you need education. Israel is doing it very well.

You cant utilize ore resources from mine directly, you need to modify it to use properly. Same with people. modify with proper education.

pmaitra

It is only because Israel has a good education system, population does not matter very much.
I agree with what you are saying.

I'd like to expand on that sentence which I have quoted.

Population is important. In Israel's case, more so. They don't have a big population of their own, but they can get the American boys and girls to fight their wars for them, get killed, and maimed in the process. They can even get the American dollar to fund it. Without the US, Israel wouldn't have existed today.

An important thing to notice amongst many Americans, who are largely Christian, is that they care less about Christians getting slaughtered today than about Jews who might get killed in the future in some hypothetical invasion of Israel by its Arab neighbours. Such is the power of the Zionist lobby in the US.

Bill Maher gets owned big time - YouTube

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

The problem with India and the politicians in India is that, we do not recognize the true talent and try to suppress all indigenous innovations for the kickbacks which is given through the foreign deals.

We also pay less and eat away the tax payers money instead of paying the ARMED FORCES.

The root cause is corruption and improper decision making.......

Truth Finder

Necessity is the mother of invention.:cool2:

debasree

Country flag

The will for survive & grow even in hostile enviroment & nececity is mother of invention that create a inovative race

drkrn

once my father told me,the most important things for development are

first "water"

second "political commitment"

third energy-(electricity etc)

fourth resources

surely israelis doesn't have 3 of the above.the only thing what held them high is their collectivecommitment for their country and its interests.
one might ever wonder why israel always acts as a bully with tiny nations around it,but if one looks at their history they are always surrounded by hostile neighbours which created a need for them to fight every day..

necessity is mother of invention........
with threats increasing and no resources they have no option except to develop things on their tiny country itself.today if you look at their prospects now israelis are the leaders of military tech

few months back israeli pm has announced that their countries has increased whopping 100000% when compared to 1948.amazing isn't it

in all this success the support from american jews shouldn't be overlooked.

speaking apart from military tech,,israelis are leading in farming technologies,researches,nobel prizes,what else not.deriving the best from almost nothing in hand.

years of relentless hard work because of committed people resulted in such success

drkrn

Necessity is the mother of invention.:cool2:
Necessity is the mother of invention
frustration is father of mast**bation

couldn't resist posting:rofl:

nirranj

Country flag

May be they were on the verge of Extinction during the Nazi era. And post war they were put in the Midst of Arch enemies.

The necessitty to survive and the basic question of survival has brought the best out of them.

And Education.

and Cunningness which brews when they have nothing to lose. This cunningness helps them to easily convince the Americans and the europeans to a large extant and Milch them as they like it.

Their Unity (Which I am not sure off). to survive brings the best of team spirit, Every man does what he has to, to collectively survive!

pkroyal

Israelis are talented, hardworking,innovative with a strong love for their home land.
They have given 07 Arab Nations surrounding them a bloody nose .
They are among the least corrupt nations on the planet.
In our country ,corruption in any form should be treated at par with treason as it kills competition by giving an unfair advantage to the bribe giver.It also stifles growth. If the money accumulated by corrupt means is stashed in foreign tax havens then it is of no use in the national economy as well. One can always notice that bribes are given to gain an unfair advantage over a competitor by a nincompoop or a 'money bag' devoid of talent.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag

I agree with what you are saying.

I'd like to expand on that sentence which I have quoted.

Population is important. In Israel's case, more so. They don't have a big population of their own, but they can get the American boys and girls to fight their wars for them, get killed, and maimed in the process. They can even get the American dollar to fund it. Without the US, Israel wouldn't have existed today.

An important thing to notice amongst many Americans, who are largely Christian, is that they care less about Christians getting slaughtered today than about Jews who might get killed in the future in some hypothetical invasion of Israel by its Arab neighbours. Such is the power of the Zionist lobby in the US.

Bill Maher gets owned big time - YouTube

Hi Pmaitra,

I believe the issue is not with regards to religion or monetary situation. Agreed, money plays a vital role. Please refer to the solutions provided by Israel, they are neither related to defense or for the matter of fact security. They are related to Information Technology. In today's world, there are so many companies that are trying to enter this space that to across from many countries. However, Israel has proved to deliver way beyond expectations.

Please note that this is also just a temporary boom phase. There was a time when Taiwan was considered the best in technology and innovation and once South Korea. What we have to analyze here, is what sets them apart from us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles