What is your net speed?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

Lousy Airtel!
However on the positive side the speed remains the same whichever server i try!

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
:hail: :hail:

If Beam isn't coming to TN, then I would move to Hyderabad.

Never thought I would see such speed in India so soon.
Those are my older speeds. I posted my current speeds in a later post:

50 Mbps. Beam guys said their goal is to offer people of Hyderabad 250 Mbps (two hundred and fifty megabits per second) unlimited for 2500/month in a couple of years, once their infrastructure is laid out.

That should mean that 50 Mbps unlimited would come well under 1000/month for us.

Deepankar

I have a 512 kbps plan from MTNL for Rs.650 and it cannot be worst along with MTS unlimited plan ( fup - 12gb) for Rs.1000 at 3.1 Mbps which is pretty good but a little expensive ....hope beam comes to Delhi soon

Last edited:

Deepankar

50 Mbps. Beam guys said their goal is to offer people of Hyderabad 250 Mbps (two hundred and fifty megabits per second) unlimited for 2500/month in a couple of years, once their infrastructure is laid out.

That should mean that 50 Mbps unlimited would come well under 1000/month for us.
50 Mbps ....:eek:mg::bump2::dancemasti: ....it will be dream come true for me if i get a hand on this plan

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

That should be enough to run a BPO/call center job, well whats the use of that kind of speed for personal use? though if available would be highly preferred, my previous Airtel 1 M/Bit DSL connection was enough to to run two standard definition online movie streaming show in two laptops and a web surfing in the third, that's all I ever used for my personal use, my current Tata Photon+ USB dongle sucks a lot, have to consider it as no better alternative was available at my current location, which makes a big hole in my pocket and speed sometimes as slower like a 34 K/Bits. Very embarrassing yet it is mobile, but still I miss the 1 M/bits Airtel DSL which was much better then my wireless internet with their claimed 3.1 M/bits and billing 2x or even more sometimes with horrible ping rate compared to my past connection. I even tried a local Wi-fi distributor but later realised that they cant provide service equal to that of the ISPs with limited facilities.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
That should be enough to run a BPO/call center job, well whats the use of that kind of speed for personal use?
There's quite a lot I can do with 50 Mbps.
  • "Something" that's 700 MB in size gets downloaded in 1.8 minute, "something" that's 4 GB in size gets downloaded in 11 minutes, "a collection of somethings" that's 20 GB in size gets downloaded in 54 minutes.
  • I can watch 1080p 3D (NVIDIA Stereo 3D, 120 Hz, 48 frames/second) video streams smoothly.
  • Vimeo HD works flawlessly
  • Almost every webpage loads as if I'm loading a saved webpage from my hard drive
  • Not entirely related to bandwidth, but due to the fiber-optic infrastructure, pings to Battlefield Bad Company servers in Europe and US East coast are seldom over 120 ms (I never got Punkbuster kicked for high pings). On Indian servers like Robin's World and Hypernia, they're under 20 ms.

1 Mbps is enough to get things done, but 50 Mbps is something you have to experience yourself to understand the benefits of.

At 2,500 a month, Beam is perhaps the most grudging, and satisfying "F-you" to baniya companies like Reliance, Tata, and Airtel that are literally robbing Indian public blind for the bandwidth they offer at their prices.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Beam fibre will beat other companies in your city lol what would be the next step of Airtel , Reliance etc.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
for today internet service in my area is not very good......
infact very poor , but also to blame my ISP

Tata Photon+ with speed upto 3.1 M/bits...lol

and look at the horrible ping, I will check when I can get the maximum speed and post the result later on.

........................................after 20 mins

Last edited:

Phenom

What is the download limit and after you crossed the limit, how much is the speed downgrade.

I hope one day Beam telecom could expand to other cities.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
What is the download limit and after you crossed the limit, how much is the speed downgrade.

I hope one day Beam telecom could expand to other cities.
It's not a "download limit". There's an FUP limit, I think it's 150 GB, after which, the speed is lowered to 6 Mbps.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
for today internet service in my area is not very good......
infact very poor , but also to blame my ISP

Tata Photon+ with speed upto 3.1 M/bits...lol

and look at the horrible ping, I will check when I can get the maximum speed and post the result later on.

........................................after 20 mins
still not upto performance :(

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Your internet connection Cost and Download Speed Thread

Guys...
Internet is still costly in India when compared to lot of other countries so please mention your Internet Connection details so that we know who is using what and if we are getting a fair deal or not in different parts of India.
Vendor :
Speed :
Cost :
Download Limit :
Reliability(scale of 1-5) :

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles