What is the downside to the booming Economy in China?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I am watching the BBC team which is traveling through two different parts of China and a statement made by journalist caught my attention was "This is the downside to the booming economy in China". It just dawned on me, Why are the Western nations documentary makers are obsessed with broadcasting the shortcomings according to their standards instead of presenting a balanced picture of the society in a developing nation with population of over billion people?

Can, I also ask the same question for our own Bharatvarsh? How and in what areas of our daily life can two biggest populated nations help each other to overcome the challenges of daily life in a balanced way without getting aggressive towards each other?

I am expecting positive feedback and no trolling or keyboard fight to put each other down as we all know will lead us no where.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why are the Western nations documentary makers are obsessed with broadcasting the shortcomings according to their standards instead of presenting a balanced picture of the society in a developing nation with population of over billion people?
I think they are taken aback with the speed in which China has become a world leader!

rockdog

Country flag
I am watching the BBC team which is traveling through two different parts of China and a statement made by journalist caught my attention was "This is the downside to the booming economy in China". It just dawned on me, Why are the Western nations documentary makers are obsessed with broadcasting the shortcomings according to their standards instead of presenting a balanced picture of the society in a developing nation with population of over billion people?

Can, I also ask the same question for our own Bharatvarsh? How and in what areas of our daily life can two biggest populated nations help each other to overcome the challenges of daily life in a balanced way without getting aggressive towards each other?

I am expecting positive feedback and no trolling or keyboard fight to put each other down as we all know will lead us no where.
Yep, interestingly, the "4 wheels on China" and "4 wheel on India" two video collections are also get popular comments in China's forums. There is one:
BBC《驾车看印度》《驾车看中国》视频分享_印度吧_百度贴吧

I think generally this BBC program really made people to understand more aspects for both nations, even there are still some hidden "bashing" mindset, that's the typical way of western media...

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
One word. Trade.
I kept the title short but the BBC journalist are referring the downside with in Chinese society and they illustrated with few negative pictures of China and as well as situation in the rural areas and lack of health care for Chinese in general. Do you think your government can and should do better job than what is being delivered?

Country flag
downside is chinese will try to use their military to sustain their economy and become
more hegemonic.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I think they are taken aback with the speed in which China has become a world leader!
I think it was well thought strategy on part of USA's administration of that time which opened the diplomatic doors after the end of Vietnam war. On the flip side it has come to haunt them as well. Let us see what future holds for these two powers.

Country flag
I think it was well thought strategy on part of USA's administration of that time which opened the diplomatic doors after the end of Vietnam war. On the flip side it has come to haunt them as well. Let us see what future holds for these two powers.
it was kissinger's idiotic scheme to break a communist alliance with russia from strengthening.

blank_quest

Country flag
This Decade will be of India! its not out of Fancy Wishful Thinking. This is Gonna come a BIG way, Just wait and Watch.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
downside is chinese will try to use their military to sustain their economy and become
more hegemonic.
The documentary makers question was referring the term downside with reference to the up and down side with in the Chinese society and in one of the example mentioned was whether spending money on infrastructure over the health care needs of her citizen is a waste or better utilization of money for the nation.

Country flag
The documentary makers question was referring the term downside with reference to the up and down side with in the Chinese society and in one of the example mentioned was whether spending money on infrastructure over the health care needs of her citizen is a waste or better utilization of money for the nation.
Spending on infrastructure is believed to help the economy which can improve healthcare later.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
This Decade will be of India! its not out of Fancy Wishful Thinking. This is Gonna come a BIG way, Just wait and Watch.
For us to own the next decade we need a leader who is of independent mind but at the same time willing to listen to everyone who has better ideas for the nation and not give us what we are getting from this UPA Government of the day. Therefore, I call upon all the patriotic Bhartiya citizens to put your Bharatmata ahead of your own interest and flip the business of politics in the nation upside down to realize the goals.

I am preparing a separate post on this very subject as well and hope prepare video in my voice outlining the policies as they should be according to all of us on this forum to uplift our nation's profile and become leader in the fields we are lagging.

Country flag
India has made a lot of progress but it still needs a lot of work on infrastructure not
just for any economic reason but for the public in general,with 1 trillion dollars earmarked
for infrastructure there will some major changes in the next decade.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Spending on infrastructure is believed to help the economy which can improve healthcare later.
In my opinion both should go hand in hand otherwise a balanced approach should be the way for INDIA to take ion my opini0n.

Country flag
In my opinion both should go hand in hand otherwise a balanced approach should be the way for INDIA to take ion my opini0n.
india is more balanced sometimes too much one protest and a project gets cancelled.

blank_quest

Country flag
For us to own the next decade we need a leader who is of independent mind but at the same time willing to listen to everyone who has better ideas for the nation and not give us what we are getting from this UPA Government of the day. Therefore, I call upon all the patriotic Bhartiya citizens to put your Bharatmata ahead of your own interest and flip the business of politics in the nation upside down to realize the goals.

I am preparing a separate post on this very subject as well and hope prepare video in my voice outlining the policies as they should be according to all of us on this forum to uplift our nation's profile and become leader in the fields we are lagging.
Take some data from indiaspend.com it will help in analyzing the issues.

Country flag
In my opinion both should go hand in hand. A balanced approach should be the way for INDIA to take in my opinin.
we are not a export driven economy our economy is domestically driven and most
exports are service oriented not cheap mass production. Export driven economies become
slaves to numbers and to other nations. Every Asian nation in the far east has fallen into
this trap Japan,Korea, and now China which has fallen the worst by buying the most
worthless US debt. And all have gone thru violent contractions where some like Japan
have not recovered and many predict china will go thru soon.

Last edited:

amoy

it was kissinger's idiotic scheme to break a communist alliance with russia from strengthening.
Kissinger, Nixon and many others were not stupid. At that time their arch enemy another communist giant Soviet Union was far more formidable economically and militarily than the present-day China, heading a whole Eastern Bloc undermining the West globally. Sino-Soviet confrontation consumed much of Soviet strength and sped up its collapse.

In 1961, the Soviet Union had around twelve half-strength divisions and 200 aircraft on the border; by the end of 1968 there were 25 divisions, 1,200 aircraft and 120 medium-range missiles. Although China had detonated its first nuclear device in 1964 at Lop Nor, its military power could not compare to that of the Soviet Union. Tensions along the border escalated until March 1969, when armed clashes broke out along the Ussuri River on Damansky Island, followed by more in August.

we are not a export driven economy our economy is domestically driven and most
exports are service oriented not cheap mass production. Export driven economies become
slaves to numbers and to other nations. Every Asian nation in the far east has fallen into
this trap Japan,Korea, and now China which has fallen the worst by buying the most
worthless US debt. And all have gone thru violent contractions where some like Japan
have not recovered and many predict china will go thru soon.
Not "export" oriented? India may not rely on export of "goods" but over 3% of its GDP (2009) is from overseas remittance by export of labor Indian diaspora tops remittance list - Times Of India
Just how much do the 27 million global desis, scattered across 190 countries around the world, contribute to the Indian economy? World Bank figures show a dramatic increase of almost 162% in the remittance that India receives from overseas Indians over the last eight years. While India received nearly $21 billion from overseas Indians in 2003, the figure jumped to $55 billion in 2010.
"Remittance may be in a number of forms, such as domestic consumption, property, health and education. This is real money that is very much a part of the local economy, and is not money that is simply parked in a bank,"
Slave of numbers? How many of India's work force out of 1.2B population can IT / Back-office / service industries or the Gulf absorb when shifting from agriculture?

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, in order to get downside from "gost city of Ordos and tell us a "balance view" of CHina boom economy, BBC reporters just ignored dozens of cities on their road from Beijing to Ordos...hahaha. such as Yuci, Yuanan...etc....

what a perfect "balance report!"!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles