What Is Iran's Presence In Kashmir?

ArmchairGeneral

According to this wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quds_Force

Focus of the force
The Quds force has four main areas of interest:

And this article here: http://terrorism.about.com/od/iran/a/IRGC.htm

"The largest branch of Pasdaran foreign operations consists of approximately 12,000 Arabic speaking Iranians, Afghans, Iraqis, Lebanese shi’ites and North Africans who trained in Iran or received training in Afghanistan during the Afghan war years. Presently these foreign operatives receive training in Iran, Sudan and Lebanon, and include the Hizballah ["Party of Allah"] intelligence, logistics and operational units in Lebanon [Hizballah is primarily a social and political rather than military organization]. The second largest Pasdaran foreign operations relates to the Kurds (particularly Iraqi Kurds), while the third largest relates to the Kashmiri’s, the Balouchi’s and the Afghans.
Apart from some ayatollah rhetoric, I always thought that Iran was subtly pro-India or at best neutral in the K conflict...what do you believe Iranian involvement in Kashmir is?

Bheeshma

Nothing,...they can't even control Sistan-baluchistan. Its like their claim that IIRN ships were going on first atlantic patrol. Mostly hot air.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
well TBH Iran is more busy fighting against sunnis ... and kashmir is a sunni driven so no iran here.

Zebra

Country flag
Nothing,...they can't even control Sistan-baluchistan. Its like their claim that IIRN ships were going on first atlantic patrol. Mostly hot air.
Sir, entire Srinagar was closed, when Ruhollah Khomeini died (June 1989).

And on that day, I was there in Srinagar as a tourist.

Bheeshma

Yes he was respected but they have very little clout.

rockey 71

Even the Shah/Savak used to cover Kashmir. In fact if you spoke to relevant Iranian diplomats / Intel officers you will find them quite well informed on happenings in the valley.

ArmchairGeneral

Even the Shah/Savak used to cover Kashmir. In fact if you spoke to relevant Iranian diplomats / Intel officers you will find them quite well informed on happenings in the valley.
Yes. The shah's Iran was part of CENTO with Pak and US block hence they also sent Pak fighters in 1965 and 1971. The Islamic revolution changed their pro-pak pro-US stance.

blueblood

Since, the "Kashmir" i.e. the then princely state of Kashmir has a significant number of Shia especially in GB and Kargil, Iran has plenty interest in Kashmir.

But watching the Shias in Pak getting slaughtered like pigs, I don't think they are on the same page as Porkis.

rockey 71

Yes. The shah's Iran was part of CENTO with Pak and US block hence they also sent Pak fighters in 1965 and 1971. The Islamic revolution changed their pro-pak pro-US stance.
I doubt this was connected with Baghdad Pact/CENTO/RCD. They have been and still remain interested in J&K affairs. But I really cannot comment why except that J&K rules Indo-Pak ties.

Hybrid Content

Hi Guys,

Here's how baseless Pakistan's claim over Kashmir is. I'd like you comments and opinions on this.

goo.gl/rohA72

It discusses the UN Resolution that practically very Pakistani points, but none seem to have read.

I've got a PDF of the resolution copy if any of you want to read it. Drop me a mail and I'll send it to you hybridin [at] gmail.com.

#JaiHind

Global Defence

New threads

Articles